Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,379 members, 7,808,347 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:41 AM

A Love From Above (An Educative Relationship Story) - Full Episode - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Love From Above (An Educative Relationship Story) - Full Episode (18096 Views)

Forbidden Love - A Short And Educative Love Story / Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss / Relationship Story "A Friend In Need" (Full Episode) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Love From Above (An Educative Relationship Story) - Full Episode by Olajhidey22(m): 5:51pm On Aug 25, 2016
Episode 20

It was amazing that Mom and Dad finally had got off her case about going to Church all the time. Denise decided they had considered how little time she had with Jon, with him away so much. But, lately, there had been opportunities for her to attend Church, when Jon couldn't make it down, and she still hadn't been forced to go. It had been really neat, too, to have the whole Sunday to goof off, at least, until Roger mentioned it. Was this guilt she was feeling? And why should she feel guilty?

"How about a glass of milk, Denise?" Nana asked, standing at the refrigerator in readiness.

Grateful for a new topic, Denise accepted the offer, turning to Papa seated at her left. "Have you been fishing lately. Papa? I was trying to remember how long it's been since I've gone fishing. A long time I know."

Papa proceeded to tell about some of the fishing he and Denise had done when she was young, and progressed to his latest catches, always demonstrating the size of the fish with his hands spread apart, and Nana reminded him, laughingly, that he was always prone to exaggerate!

Denise and Roger joined in the fun and laughed as the large hands came somewhat closer together at the demand for truth!

During the visit, amid the laughter, Denise noticed the changes since she last had really looked at Nana and Papa. Nana's hair was mostly gray, now, Denise thought, where it was formerly a salt and pepper color. She looked slightly more rounded than she remembered, more grandmotherly. Denise remembered how comfortable her lap had been as Nana had rocked her as a young child, too old to be rocked probably, but rocked nonetheless.

Papa seemed to have changed the least. His shoulders were now slightly stooped, and he was perhaps thinner than she remembered. His hair had been white for years, and his skin now was a leathery brown with pleasant, long, laugh lines. Such a dear man, Denise thought to herself.

Papa and Roger had somehow gotten on the subject of cows, Denise realized, as her attention returned to the conversation. As she listened to them, good-naturedly arguing about the quality of the different breeds of cattle, her mind again began to wander.

Why had she never noticed Roger's hazel eyes, with the brown specks on the green background, or the mysteriously long, dark eyelashes that looked as though they should belong to a girl? His hair was a medium brown with red highlights, and the overhead light danced on his hair with the movement of his head, while he was deep in conversation. Stylishly cut. and brushed away from his face, it perfectly complimented his boyish oval face. His straight, white teeth, (which did not remind you of braces), fitted perfectly with his small, but very attractive smile. And the muscles in his arms! They were accentuated by the T-shirt he wore. Denise realized she had never seen him in casual clothes before. She had never really looked at him before! Well, who ever pays attention to their Sunday School teacher anyway, especially when there's someone like Jon around!

Roger was good-looking, Denise admitted to herself, but he couldn't compare with Jon! Besides, he was too old for her, and probably a fanatic at that.

"I read in the paper that you made cheerleader, again, Denise." Nana said, interrupting her train of thought.

"Yeah, and we already went to camp right after school was out. We learned a lot of new routines, but the head cheerleader this year, you know Joyce Peterson, don't you, she's really bossy! I don't know how it's gonna work out, but maybe we can get along until the season's over. I hope so anyway." Denise responded doubtfully.

Oh, yes, that's Mike Peterson's daughter isn't it?"

"Yeah, that's her. She's pretty nice, and she's good at the moves and all, but I can't stand the way she tries to take over everything. She's always been that way of course, but last year wasn't so bad. Now that she's Head though, it could be a real pain!" Denise confided.

"Sounds like maybe we need to pray about that. You know, the Lord can handle this girl, Joyce, don't you think, Roger?" Papa challenged, teasingly.

"I sure do, Charlie. I haven't found a problem too simple or too big for Him to handle," Roger answered with a twinkle in his eyes.

"You're kidding me, aren't you?" Denise asked laughingly. "You wouldn't really pray about a thing like that, would you?" A curious look came into her eyes as she was seriously trying to understand this thing.

"You bet child!" Papa answered enthusiastically. "You know, the Lord said to ask and receive, that our joy may be full! We have to be careful not to ask selfishly, of course, or to pray for things that are out of line with the will of God. But strife between friends is not God's will, and if we ask, I believe we can trust him to take care of it."

"The Bible says that where there is strife and confusion, there is every evil work. So you know that God is not pleased with that," Roger added.

Nana sat quietly listening, but nodded in agreement as Denise looked from one to the other incredulously, still not convinced they all weren't just 'pulling her leg*. "You sound really serious about that," she replied hesitantly.

"Oh, we are," Papa reassured her with a twinkle still in his eye, and the smile about his lips, that left still a small doubt as to his sincerity.

Roger took it from there. "According to Matthew 18:20, the Lord is right here with us," he said as he took her hand unoffensively. "He said that whatsoever we ask believing shall be done for us. Is it OK if we just pray right now?"

Denise nodded, a curious light remaining in her eyes. How could he be so sure about these things, she wondered, and Nana and Papa seemed convinced,too. Wishing she could be sure, too, without being a fanatic, she bowed her head as Roger prayed a brief prayer asking that God intervene in the situation and bring peace and joy into the relationship instead of the strife that seemed inevitable, closing with, "That You may be glorified, and our joy be full, in Jesus name. Amen."

Looking up, Roger announced since it was getting late and they all had to get up early tomorrow morning, he'd better get home.

Something quickened within Denise, as if she hated to see him go, but quickly rejecting that feeling, she thanked him again, refusing to hold his gaze.

Soon after Roger left, Denise made her way to the guest bedroom for the night. Papa followed behind her in the little hall, turning out the lights as they went.

"Sleep well, Denise," Nana called from the master bedroom.

"You too, Nana. Goodnight Papa," Denise said as she turned and hugged Papa at the door of her bedroom.

"The Lord gives his beloved sleep, so enjoy it Denise. See you bright and early in the morning," Papa said sweetly as he released his granddaughter.

"Am I His beloved?" Denise asked herself quietly in the darkness of the night, feeling the cool breeze from the east window, open in the room. Pulling up the cover and making herself comfortable on the soft cotton mattress of the bed, she quickly drifted off, peacefully to sleep.

To Be Continued...

Source: http://gospelbreed.com/2016/07/love-from-above-episode-20/
Re: A Love From Above (An Educative Relationship Story) - Full Episode by Olajhidey22(m): 5:52pm On Aug 25, 2016
Comments Pleasee!!!
Re: A Love From Above (An Educative Relationship Story) - Full Episode by cho25bc(f): 5:07am On Aug 26, 2016
Olajhidey22:
Comments Pleasee!!!
Nice job Op. Pls don't give up,just continue d story till d end.
In my opinion,I think d reason why pple are not showing much interest in dis write-up is becos they believe dat d story is meant 4 teenagers n d setting is foreign,hence they find it hard 2 relate 2 d plot,compared 2 d other stories u av posted here in d past such as devil's proposal,a friend in need and one oda story abt a virgin lady who was raped on d eve of her wedding night by d man who eventually became her husband(I may be wrong).
But personally,I'm enjoying d story especially d decency in it.More grease 2 ur elbow.

3 Likes

Re: A Love From Above (An Educative Relationship Story) - Full Episode by Nmaglit: 11:51am On Aug 26, 2016
Wow just came across this wonderful story now n e got me glued to my phone since morning.

Let me take my sear here following

Nice work

1 Like

Re: A Love From Above (An Educative Relationship Story) - Full Episode by Osjaay(f): 3:39pm On Aug 26, 2016
may God grant u more wisdom and understanding. such a lovely and beautiful educative Christian story. denise is going to end up with roger am so sure of that.eagerly waiting for next update

1 Like

Re: A Love From Above (An Educative Relationship Story) - Full Episode by Olajhidey22(m): 5:02pm On Aug 26, 2016
cho25bc:

Nice job Op. Pls don't give up,just continue d story till d end.
In my opinion,I think d reason why pple are not showing much interest in dis write-up is becos they believe dat d story is meant 4 teenagers n d setting is foreign,hence they find it hard 2 relate 2 d plot,compared 2 d other stories u av posted here in d past such as devil's proposal,a friend in need and one oda story abt a virgin lady who was raped on d eve of her wedding night by d man who eventually became her husband(I may be wrong).
But personally,I'm enjoying d story especially d decency in it.More grease 2 ur elbow.

Thanks for those word of encouragement dear smiley
And am more happier you're following still, God bless!
Re: A Love From Above (An Educative Relationship Story) - Full Episode by Olajhidey22(m): 5:05pm On Aug 26, 2016
Nmaglit:
Wow just came across this wonderful story now n e got me glued to my phone since morning.

Let me take my sear here following

Nice work

Smiles... You're most welcome! smiley
Re: A Love From Above (An Educative Relationship Story) - Full Episode by Olajhidey22(m): 5:09pm On Aug 26, 2016
Episode 21

Denise awakened to a knock on her door, followed by Papa's mellow voice calling, "Denise! Arise, shine for thy light is come!

What a strange way to wake up, Denise thought. Where had she heard that before? In Sunday School or Church probably, she concluded, with a smile. At least her grandparents were consistant!

"Thanks, Papa. I'll be up in a minute," Denise replied sleepily.

"Better hurry, breakfast is almost ready," he said at the closed door.

Denise layed still for a moment enjoying the almost too cool early morning breeze. Not far away, a rooster was crowing almost continuously, and birds were singing merrily nearby, probably in the old oak tree beside the window. Denise decided. And off in the distance she heard the sounds of a cow mooing. The sounds of country life! Peaceful, restful sounds, she thought, as she stretched her limbs to awaken her still restful body.

Hurriedly, she climbed out of bed, proceeding with her overnight bag to get ready for the day. Only a shower could really get her going first thing in the morning. And this would probably be another busy day at the hospital.

The smell of sausage, waffles, and maple syrup drifted down the hall to stimulate her senses. As quickly as possible, she made her way to the source of the delightful scents.

Oops! She had almost taken her first bite as she heard Papa start to pray. Quickly bowing her head and slowly lowering her fork, she reminded herself of the long-forgotten custom of prayer before meals. But, after all, this was the only house that she knew that still practiced the tradition. Still, it lended a unity, a peacefulness to the atmosphere, Denise decided. Whether it helped anything else or not, it was kind of pleasant.

But with hasty, loving good-byes, she soon was driving off to start her day at the hospital, wondering as she went, about the Jane Doe patient.

Arriving at the old style, red-brick hospital, Denise hastily put her things away, signed in and headed for ICU. "Hi! Can you give me the latest information on the Jane Doe patient?" Denise asked the nurse in charge. "Have they found out who she is yet? Is she still unconscious?" Breathlessly, she managed to get all these questions out, the deep interest, and concern shining in her eyes.

"You're a volunteer here, aren't you?" the nurse asked, hesitant to give out confidential information. It was a different nurse than the one who had helped her before.

"Yeah," Denise said, understanding her reluctance. "You see, since nobody knows who she is, she doesn't have anybody but us to be concerned about her. So I just feel like somebody should be interested, you know?" Her blue eyes were begging the nurse to understand her concern.

"Well, we still don't know who she is, but the police are checking all the missing persons reports to match her description. Surely, they'll have a clue soon. But her condition appears stable. She's still comatose, but her EEG, the brain wave test, shows her brain is still very active."

"So, what do you think that means?" asked Denise, wanting to know all she could about the patient's situation.

"Well, the doctor thinks perhaps the accident was so terrifying that she is subconsciously blocking out the pain, the knowledge of what happened to her. Who knows? The injuries to her head appear superficial. Minor, really. Her left leg had a compound fracture but there was no problem with the reduction, I mean, setting of the fracture. The doctor can't find a medical reason for her coma. Her vital signs were stablized soon after she was brought in."

"Do you think maybe I could see her? I wouldn't disturb anyone, really. It would just help if I could see the woman that I've been so concerned about." Denise was getting her hopes up, along with the nerve to ask the question, aware of the ICU visiting rules, immediate family only. But, since the patient's family wasn't here, perhaps...,and the nurse seemed really nice, but conscientious.

"Well. I can't see that it would hurt anything, for just a minute, you understand." The nurse turned to the inner door, and motioned Denise to follow her.She led Denise to the third cubicle on the left.

So this is Jane Doe, Denise thought, observing the young- looking woman. She had several small dressings on her face. The heart monitor above her was registering frequent, but regular beeps. An IV was hooked to her left hand. Her left leg was in a cast suspended in air by a traction set-up. She looked as though she was sleeping soundly.

Her short blonde hair was brushed away from her face, which looked awfully pale, Denise thought, nearly as white as the sheets.

Wondering who this could be, what her real name was, what her life had been like. if she had a family, where she lived and where she had been going, Denise followed quietly after the nurse back to the nurses* station.

"She is so pretty, even with the bandages. How old would you guess her to be?" Denise questioned curiously.

"I don't know, perhaps 25, or maybe older. It's hard to say. But I'll bet when the dressings are off, and the swelling has gone down, you know, after the wounds have healed, she'll be one beautiful lady."

"Thanks for letting me go in, I really do appreciate it. I feel much better about her now, and I'm sure she'll 'come around' anytime now."

"The doctor said that if she continues stable, he'll probably put her in a private room soon, maybe tomorrow. You may want to visit her again, huh?" The nurse looked at Denise with knowing eyes.

"Yes, I sure would. I want to see her get through this. I'd like to get to know her, although I'm not really sure just why," Denise said.

Thanking her again, she turned to go to her duties, noticing that according to the clock over the nurses' station, she'd better hurry!

Sitting around the supper table, back at home that night, she joined in pleasant conversation with Dad, Mom and Todd. Tom had an appointment with the doctor again that day, and was bragging to his family about the good report.

"He said I was just about as "fit as a fiddle", just to keep up the good work, take my medication regularly, walk daily and avoid stress. He just doesn't realize how badly I want to get back to work. This is so boring just sitting at home all the time, and I know Danny needs the help."

"Well, after our vacation you can go back to work, and good riddance!" said Doris jokingly.

It hadn't been easy for Mom, Denise realized, with Dad underfoot these last few weeks, and it probably would be a relief when her life could return to normal.

"Oh, yeah. About the vacation. I had a really cool time out at Nana and Papa's last night. I've about decided to just stay with them while you two "tear up" Europe. Would you be terribly disappointed if I don't go?" Denise blurted out.

"Well, if you're sure that's what you want to do," Dad said, glancing at Doris briefly. "Of course, if you don't want to go, Grandma and Grandpa Whitaker would love to have you stay with them."

"I know," Denise said, hesitantly. She did love Dad's folks an awful lot. In fact, they came over quite a bit, and the family often visited over there. "But, they live in town, and I'm really looking forward to spending time out on the farm. Besides, I hardly ever see Nana and Papa. Well, I see them at church sometimes, but hardly ever visit with them."

"How about Denise staying with Nana and Papa, and I could stay with Grandma and Grandpa Whitaker? That way I'd be close for the games and stuff! I really don't want to miss those All Star games!" Todd said excitedly.

"I know. Son, and I'm sure gonna hate missing your games, too. If we could plan it any other way, we would. I want you to know that," Tom explained.

"Well, it sounds like we're gonna get a second honeymoon, huh, Tom?" Doris said laughingly.

"Well, I don't know about that!" Tom teased.

So it's settled, Denise thought. This way I won't miss Jon when he comes, I can continue work at the hospital, keep up with Jane Doe, and enjoy farm life with Nana and Papa.

Tired from the long day, Denise decided to turn in early. She gave Mom and Dad a hug and started for her room. The phone began to ring. Todd ran to answer the phone, and disappointed, called to Denise.

Sure it was Jon, she hurried over, but it wasn't him, she four out, as Amanda's little-girl voice came over the line.

"Neese, what you doing?"

Denise*s heart warmed at the sweet little voice. She did love this little girl, and hadn*t had much time with her lately. She talked with her briefly, amazed that she had called, until Vickie took the phone, explaining she was just teaching Amanda to use the phone in case of emergencies. They talked briefly, then Denise again started for bed. Man, did her legs ache!

Soon, she was sleeping soundly, dreaming of Jon beside her in the cool afternoon sunlight, sitting on the grass, shaded by the big trees in the pasture at Nana and Papa's farm.

It Continues Still...

Source: http://gospelbreed.com/2016/07/love-from-above-episode-21/

Cc: Lalasticlala, mynd44, Dominique, fynestboi

1 Like

Re: A Love From Above (An Educative Relationship Story) - Full Episode by Olajhidey22(m): 5:16pm On Aug 26, 2016
Osjaay:
may God grant u more wisdom and understanding. such a lovely and beautiful educative Christian story. denise is going to end up with roger am so sure of that.eagerly waiting for next update

Amen! Thanks for your time still, I honestly appreciate smiley
Re: A Love From Above (An Educative Relationship Story) - Full Episode by Olajhidey22(m): 5:18pm On Aug 26, 2016
Episode 22

What a day! Denise thought, as she hurried to the elevator. It was already past time to check the patients' mail and deliver it. There was always a ton of cards and "Get Well" messages left at the front desk every morning for the patients. And here it was, almost time for lunch break. So much had happened!

The elevator door opened, and Denise hastily stepped inside. She squeezed in without noticing the apparent visitors. The day had started out just like any other, she remembered. She had looked in on the Jane Doe patient and found no changes.

She was still unconscious, but stable enough, that she was now in a private room. Some of her bandages had disappeared, leaving only small wounds and bruises which appeared to be healing, but, still no clue as to her identity.

Surely, someone had missed Jane Doe by now! Why hadn't someone reported her missing? Then she had begun her rounds, as usual, offering magazines, taking menu choices, writing and mailing letters...

But, in room 206, when everything seemed fine, the patient suddenly moaned loudly, grabbed his chest, and fell over! A panic had risen inside Denise as she watched, just for a minute. But, with no response, she quickly pressed the emergency call button.

In came the 'code team', and Denise stepped to a far corner, out of their way, horrified. She had watched the immediate, precise actions of the team, as they performed CPR on the patient, and administered medications. The ordeal seemed to take hours. She was very impressed, this being the first 'code* she had ever witnessed.

But, eventually, the doctor on duty dismissed the team, saying sadly, "Y'all did good, but you can't win 'em all." He pulled the sheet over the man's head gently. He turned, and seeing Denise standing in the corner, away from the crash cart that was being packed away, spoke with compassion to her.

"Hi. Were you the one who called the code?"

"Yes," Denise murmured, lowering her eyes with a strange feeling of failure.

"You did good." The doctor assured her. "I can tell you acted quickly, and responsibly, but I guess it was just his time to go. We thought we had him about fixed up. Don't get to feeling guilty about it, OK?"

He was a very gentle, kind man, Denise thought, as the bell rang on the elevator, and the door opened.

As she quickly stepped out, she ran straight into Roger, knocking his Bible out of his hand. The tears began to flood over Denise's cheeks, as she stooped to pick it up. and bumped Roger's head in the process, as he, too, had stooped to pick it up.

"I'm so sorry, Roger," Denise said sincerely, wiping away the tears as she stood up.

"No problem, Denise. What's going on? Surely you're not that upset about running into me. Are you hurt?" Roger looked deeply into her eyes, as Denise tried to regain her lost composure.

"Oh, its just been a wild day, it's a long story, but 1'11 be alright. Sorry to keep you," Denie responded, choking back the tears.

"Well, now, I think maybe you need to talk about it. How about lunch? Do you have time?" Roger asked.

"It's nearly time for my break, but I've got to deliver all the patients' mail first," Denise explained, as the tears started coming again. "I really do need to talk to someone, Roger. Maybe I do need to take my break, before I start seeing the patients again. It won't hurt anything, I guess. I only have a thirty minute break, anyway. "

"Then let's go to the cafeteria. Maybe you'd better visit the ladies' room first, and wash those tears away. I'll wait for you," Roger said decidedly.

A few minutes later, seated in a secluded area in the cafeteria with a delicious-looking meal sitting in front of each, Roger bowed his head humbly, and gave thanks to God for their blessings.

Denise followed suit, meekly.

Then picking up his fork, he asked, "Now, Denise, what's happened since I last saw you that has upset you so?"

"Well, I was in a patient's room, and he asked me to write a letter for him. I got up to pull a chair near his bed, and I just heard him kind of groan real loud, and he grabbed his chest, and his head fell over with his eyes closed, and-and, he was dead!" Denise explained, looking up into Roger's sympathetic eyes.

"I called a code, but even they couldn't save him. It's the first time I ever saw anyone die!"

"Pretty rough on a young girl like you, huh? Well, let me tell you, its rough on anyone, no matter what. We're never prepared to see someone die, are we? Even if we don't know them.

I think it reminds us of our own mortality, don't you?" "Yeah. It was real scary," Denise answered. "I just couldn't go through it again! I'll never forget this, never!"

"In I Cor. 10:13 the Lord said He wouldn't suffer you, or permit you to be tempted above what you are able to handle, but will with the temptation, also make a way to escape, that you may be able to bear it." Roger commented. "And another thing that may help, is if you can understand that the man didn't actually die, not like we think of death, anyway. You see, a person is actually three parts, just like God is three parts. You know, God, the Father, God, the Son, and God, the Holy Spirit.

Well, man is a sprit, who has a soul, or the mind, will, and emotion parts, and he lives in a physical body. The man, himself, doesn't really die, because a spirit is eternal. The spirit of man lives forever. What actually happened to your patient, today, is simply that his spirit left his body. And you can't live on this earth without a physical body.

But the man is still very much alive, in the spirit world. And our hope is, that he is saved by the blood of Jesus, and if he is, then he will receive a new body, a glorified or heavenly body, essential for living in Heaven, like the one Jesus had after he was raised from the dead. Does that help you to understand it better, or did I just confuse you?"

"I don't understand it real well, but, I think I get a little bit of the picture," Denise said, toying with her food. Do you mean the real me will never die, just my body?"

"That's right. And if we're a child of God, if we've accepted the salvation that Jesus bought for us by going to the cross, then the death of this body is simply a matter of 'going home'. "You see, Satan is our adversary, our enemy. He used to have the power of death, but Jesus stripped him of that power.

The temptation in a situation like this is to fear, instead of having faith in the Lord. Satan has no power over us, once we're saved, unless we give it to him. Does that make sense, the way I've explained it?"

Denise, studying Roger's hazel eyes responded hesitantly, "Then how do we give Satan that power? The power that makes us fear?"

"Actually, the fear itself is permission for Satan to act, just as our faith is permission for God to act. You just have to believe that the Bible is true, and that every promise in the Bible is true, and that it's all meant just for you. You can resist that fear by faith in God, and it has to flee from you."

"But, I can't stand to think about ever seeing anyone die again! I just couldn't handle it!" Denise persisted. "You don't know what it was like, it happened so suddenly, and there was nothing I could do about it!"

"I know that we can't avoid the presence of death, it's anywhere, everywhere! Not just in the hospital, Denise, it's on the street, and in the movie theater, even in Church. It can happen to anyone, anytime. There's nothing bad about death, if you understand it, and are ready for it," Roger continued.

Then, glancing at his watch, looked at Denise with frustration. "Can we talk about this later, when we have more time? You're staying out at the farm now while your parents are on vacation. How about if I come over later? Would that be OK?"

"Yeah," Denise said, hesitantly. "I do appreciate you taking the time to talk with me. I really needed to talk about it, I guess. I do want to understand, I really do, but I'm not even sure I believe in a God and a devil." Denise said. lowering her eyes. "I just don't know what to believe." Looking up to meet Roger's eyes, she asked sweetly, 'Can you understand?"

"Yes, I can, but I believe with the help of the Holy Spirit, I can help you to believe and understand. It's really not hard."

"Well, I've really got to get back to my job, but thanks. I'll see you later, then, at Nana and Papa's, OK?" she asked, rising from her chair, her meal only half eaten.

Roger, rising politely, agreed.

As Denise returned to the front desk to pick up the mail, her mind continued full of unanswered questions, and, for the first time, a dread of visiting her patients.

To Be Continued..

Source: http://gospelbreed.com/2016/07/love-from-above-episode-22/
Re: A Love From Above (An Educative Relationship Story) - Full Episode by Olajhidey22(m): 5:34pm On Aug 26, 2016
Episode 23

After supper, Denise, Nana, and Papa were relaxed in the living room, and instead of watching T.V., as Denise usually did in the evenings, they were listening to a radio program. It was a favorite of her grandparents. Well, Denise wasn't really listening, just letting the words of the speakers go in one ear and out the other, as her mind wandered to various things, and her body relaxed.

She had made it through the day without any further trauma, thank goodness. But the scenes of that morning incident replayed itself through her head many times. Never was she able to figure anything that could have been done differently. Death was just...just so sad, and depressing!

What was that? The speaker was saying something about a coma, Denise sat up straight, suddenly intent on hearing what was being said. Amazed, she listened to the end of the program. Then, to make sure her ears weren't playing tricks on her, consulted with her grandparents. "Nana, Papa, did I hear them saying something on the radio about coma patients? Did he say that sometimes a comatose patient may come out of a coma to answer a phone? Is that what you understood?"

"That's what the man said, child," Papa said laughingly. "Can you believe that?"

"Well, he was making a point about how addicted we are to telephones," Nana stated, trying to clarify the subject. "You know, most people will quit anything they're doing to answer the phone, even climb out of the bathtub!"

"But, I'm wondering if he was really serious about the coma stuff. Do you think someone might really come out of a coma if they heard a phone ringing?" Denise asked sincerely.

Nana and Papa looked at each other, then, they again looked at Denise.

"Well, who knows? It might work," answered Papa.

"You're thinking of that 'Jane Doe' patient you told us about, aren't you?" Nana asked.

Nana was a perceptive woman, Denise thought. Nodding her head, Denise tried to picture the scene. The bedside phone ringing away in room 314, and Jane Doe, slowly responding, until she was fully awakened, rising up in her bed to answer the phone. Oh, it would be so cool, if it would only work! Denise was beginning to be very excited at the prospect!

"You know, Nana and I have been praying for that lady, ever since you told us about her. I'm sure the Lord's hand is upon her, and I believe she will come out of it. The Lord does answer prayer, you know," Papa stated.

"How can you know. Papa? How can you really know for sure?" Denise answered softly, wanting an answer desperately. Her eyes were pleading for an answer that would convince her.

"Because the Bible says so, Denise. Jesus himself said to pray to the Father, in the name of the Son, and he said, 'ask and you shall receive'. Of course, we're not to ask out of selfishness, or for the lusts of the flesh, and we're told to pray according to God's will. But, we can know God's will for us and others by studying His Word, and getting to know Him in a personal way," Papa explained. "HAve you ever been saved, Denise? Born again?"

"I guess not. Papa. I've heard about it, you know, in Sunday School, and Church, and I'm a member of this Church. I mean, I've been baptized, you know, when I was a kid. But, Mom and Dad, well, you know, they don't believe that stuff much. I'm kind of confused. I don't really know what to believe!" Denise replied, honestly.

"I don't want to go against your parents, Denise, but if you're interested, I'll tell you why I believe," Papa said hopefully.

"I'd like that. Papa. You and Nana always seem to handle things, and you seem so at peace." Denise caressed each lovingly with her eyes.

"Why don't you get my Bible off the bar for me, Denise, and I'll show you.

Walking into the kitchen to get the book, Denise heard a motor, looked out the window, and saw that Roger had arrived. A feeling of growing excitement began to build up within her, but she couldn't understand why. Well, he had become a dear friend, in the short time she had been at the farm, she reminded herself!

Greetings were exchanged as Roger came in and began to enter into conversation with the family, glancing frequently at Denise. who was rather quiet.

"Roger, we were just about to look up some scriptures concerning the authority, and integrity of the Word, as a basis for salvation. Since you're the Teacher, here, why don't you take over?" Papa asked politely.

"Well, I'll tell ya what! Let's get our Bibles out, mine's in the truck, and have a good old-fashioned Bible Study. Got an extra Bible for Denise?" Roger questioned.

"Of course, we've got plenty of Bibles," Nana laughed, "and just about all the different versions!"

They moved from the comfort of the living room cushions to the closeness, and intimacy of the dining room table. The first priority, Roger and Papa agreed, was to base everything on the principle that, "In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established", according to Deut. 17:6; John 8:17; 2 Cor. 13:1 and Heb. 10:28.

Then, with that basis, Roger began to confirm that the Bible is the inspired Word of God, written by over thirty different men, over a period of several centuries, yet the 66 books of the Bible each agree and refer to the others. "An impossibility with human beings. Possible only with an all-wise, all-powerful God," Roger stated.

They each looked up scriptures as they continued the study. Denise was amazed at the mounting evidence before her. Surely she had heard all this before, but now it began to make sense to her. She thought of all the times she had been in Sunday School and Church services, and the words she heard had made little sense to her, but, now she realized it was true! Her heart warmed with the knowledge.

Next, the scriptures began to show the prophesies in the Old Testament concerning the Messiah, the Christ, and then the fulfillment of the prophesies by Jesus' life, from the virgin birth, to the ascension of Jesus into the heavens.

There was no doubt left in Denise's mind. The evidence was clear. Now, what was she going to do about it? Was she ready to make a commitment, after what she'd learned? What about Jon, Mom and Dad? Would they disown her or what? How could she not accept these things as true, now that she'd seen in the book for herself. But to make a commitment to serve this God, well, that was going to be a big decision.

Rising from the table, Denise said, "It's getting pretty late, and I've gotta get up early to go to the hospital. I think I'll call it a night. Thanks for the Bible Study. I really learned a lot tonight."

"Well, goodnight. We'll be turning in soon." Nana called out after Denise.

In her room, Denise pondered her situation. If only she knew what to do, and what to think! Why was life so complicated? Jon would be down this weekend - why, that was day after tomorrow. Her heart melted at the thought of being with him again. It had been such a long time, Denise felt, though it had only been a couple of weeks. He had called again last Friday night, and they had talked a long time, but he said he had a thesis to write, and tests to study for, and, again, he wouldn't be down that weekend. Denise thought about his dreamy brown eyes, the feel of his arms around her, his body close to hers...

The darkness closed in, as Denise made herself comfortable in the big, soft bed, and again her mind wandered to the lady without a name or face who had given birth to her. Did she ever hold her in her arms, close to her body, her own mother? Why does this haunt me, Denise wondered sleepily. Besides, I'll probably never know the answers to these ridiculous questions!

Finally, sleep overtook her. Then she began to dream. In her dream, she watched as Jon's car pulled up at an unfamiliar house. He got out, and walked up to the door of the house. Jessie Arnold opened the door, and Jon took her in his arms.Denise became very angry, in her dream, and began to scream, 'No! No! He's mine, mine, do you hear? Jon! Jon, come back to me! But, they ignored her screams, and Jon and Jessie walked arm in arm to Jon's car. as if she didn't exist!

Denise awakened in a cold sweat, her heart pounding rapidly in her chest. After a few moments, she realized it was only a dream, or a nightmare! But, why would she dream a thing like that! After all, she had thought it out thoroughly, and decided that the conversation she had overheard that day had been only a wild fantasy.

But, what would she do, if Jon was unfaithful to her? She lay awake for a long time, listening to the night sounds, and owl occasionally 'who-ing', a cricket singing, the leaves in the big tree next to her window rattling slightly, as an occasional breeze stirred them.

Finally, she drifted back into a restless sleep, tossing and turning, awakening briefly, at times, just long enough to tell herself, again, it was only a dream.

To Be Continued...

Source: http://gospelbreed.com/2016/07/love-from-above-episode-23/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Love From Above (An Educative Relationship Story) - Full Episode by Nmaglit: 6:06pm On Aug 26, 2016
Still following

1 Like

Re: A Love From Above (An Educative Relationship Story) - Full Episode by Osjaay(f): 6:12pm On Aug 26, 2016
still at attention→→→→→→→→→→→→

1 Like

Re: A Love From Above (An Educative Relationship Story) - Full Episode by Olajhidey22(m): 4:39pm On Aug 29, 2016
Nmaglit:
Still following

I appreciate! smiley
Re: A Love From Above (An Educative Relationship Story) - Full Episode by Olajhidey22(m): 4:40pm On Aug 29, 2016
Osjaay:
still at attention→→→→→→→→→→→→

Thanks Joor! smiley
Re: A Love From Above (An Educative Relationship Story) - Full Episode by Olajhidey22(m): 4:52pm On Aug 29, 2016
Episode 24

Denise had determined this morning that she would not dwell on her nightmare. It was too ridiculous to even consider. All it meant, anyway, was that she was terribly jealous.

So she had begun to focus on Jane Doe, to keep her dream off her mind, since she had begun to make her rounds.It was almost unbelievable, but an air of expectancy followed her wherever she went. Would it really work? Did she dare try it? Would everyone think she was crazy? But, if it worked, what difference would it make?

At her first break, Denise went to Jane Doe's room. It was amazing that no one had ever found her purse, or any idenification for the lady. The theory was that perhaps it had been thrown from the car, and maybe an animal had drug it off somewhere. But there hadn't even been any answers, yet, from the missing persons' list.

The patient was lying still, supported with pillows, her leg still in traction. No changes in her condition, the nurse had said.

It was really crazy, but there was something about her, Denise decided, something almost familiar, as she stood looking over the patient. Denise noted the naturally arched eyebrows, the oval eyes with long lashes, the slightly sharp nose, cupid bow mouth, and softly curving chin.

Pretty, she thought. Very pretty. There were no bandages on her face, now, and no swelling. She looked almost like a life- sized porcelain doll.

The nurse came in to check her vital signs. "Excuse me. Am I interrupting?" she asked.

Denise didn't know this nurse. "No, I just came in for a minute, while I'm on break. I just like to check on her every chance I get. You must be new. I haven't seen you before." Denise stated curiously.

"Yes, I am. I'm Maria Marshall. Today's my first day, but I think I'm gonna love it here," she answered.

"It's nice to meet you Maria. I'm Denise Whitaker, just one of the volunteers."

"You know, you really look a lot like this lady. Are you related or something?" Maria asked. "Well, that's dumb, of course, since no one knows who she is," she said laughingly.

"No," Denise laughed, "but thanks. I think she's really pretty!"

"You know, I heard something really strange that has supposedly brought some people out of comas before. I'm really dying to try it, but I'm afraid everyone will think I'm crazy," Denise confided.

"Really? What is it? She's been in a coma for some time according to her chart. I think anything that could possibly bring her out of it would be wonderful!"

"Well, this guy on a radio talk show, supposedly a psychologist, was talking about how hung up we are, nowadays, on answering the phone, you know? Like, most of us would do anything to answer a phone when it's ringing. He said a lot of times, people will even come out of a coma to answer a phone. Ever heard of such a thing?" Denise asked.

"No," Maria laughed, "but it kinda makes sense, especially if there's no physical reason for the coma. You know, it just might work. I can't see how it could hurt to try it," Maria said, thoughtfully. "Would you want to use the phone in the nurse's station?"

"I don't know. There's usually several people in there, right around the phone. They'd probably think I was nuts!" Denise responded.

"The pay phone is in the waiting room. Why don't we use it? Let's give it a try. Do you have any change for the pay phone?"

"Oh, sure. Do you really think we should?" Denise asked, smiling, trying to gain the courage for such a step.

"Sure. What could it hurt? I'll turn the ringer on the phone down just a little, so it won't disturb the other patients. Go ahead. Do it. I've got a few minutes. I'll wait here. Let it ring, oh, say, ten times. OK?"

"O.K.! Thanks'" Denise called out as she turned, hurriedly leaving the room.

Denise dialed the room number from the pay phone just down the hall, her heart racing with every ring. Please, please, let it work, she thought. It's just got to work! But, at the end of the tenth ring, she hung up, disappointed. She didn't answer!

Dejected, she walked back to the room to talk with Maria, not accepting defeat well at all. Just got my hopes up too high, she thought to herself. Now what?

But, upon entering the room, she didn't see the defeated look on Maria's face as she expected, although the Jane Doe was lying exactly as she had left her, still looking like a 'sleeping beauty'.

"No good, huh?" Denise stated as she closed the door behind her.

"You know, I can't say for sure, and though she didn't come out of her coma, I could swear there was a frown, just a slight change of expression, mind you, but a response, nonetheless! Let's not give up, OK? Let's try again. When do you get another break?" Maria asked. "My lunch break is at twelve o'clock, so can we meet in here about twelve-thirty? This time, let me call, and you watch her, OK? I really think there was a slight reaction, so it may work yet!" Maria was still optimistic, and it was encouraging to Denise.

"Yeah,OK! See you then," Denise called on her way out. "Thanks, Maria." Feeling a little better that there had maybe been some reaction, according to Maria, even though slight, Denise began her duties with a new enthusiasm. After all, if Nana and Papa were praying for her, something was bound to happen!

[b]It Continues....

Source: [/b]http://gospelbreed.com/2016/07/love-from-above-episode-24/
Re: A Love From Above (An Educative Relationship Story) - Full Episode by Olajhidey22(m): 4:57pm On Aug 29, 2016
Episode 25

Denise avoided thoughts about God, and all she had learned last night, glad to have settled that question in her heart, but not ready yet to face the question that haunted her now. At least, now, she knew God would answer Nana and Papa's prayers, and they were always praying!

Denise remembered the post card she had received from Mom and Dad, from Italy, with a really neat picture of some of the ancient ruins. Mom wrote briefly that Dad was doing fine, and they both were enjoying the trip immensely. They would be home in about a week, and had several more attractions lined up visit. Denise was pleased for them. They hadn't taken more than weekend trip together, alone, as long as she could remember.

Then she thought of Jon, realizing this was Friday. Did he plan to come in tonight, or in the morning? She had forgotten ask him! If she. were at home, she could just look out her window and know when he got there, but at the farm. she had to wait for his call. But, of course, he would call as soon as he arrived. And she was determined not to let her stupid dream keep them from having a good time while he was down!

Tommorow would be a good time for that afternoon picnic the pasture, she thought dreamily, between patients, and began plan the things she would prepare.

But, at twelve-thirty, she was in Jane Doe's room,as planned, and the phone began to ring. Denise leaned over the patient watching intensely for any change, any movement. One..., two..., three..., nothing! Her heart began sink. Four..., five..., six..., still nothing. Just lying the motionless as if in a trance. Seven..., eight...wait! Was that a flicker of her eyelids? No. It must have been her imagination. But, there it was again! By the tenth ring, Denise knew a change had taken place, just a faint change in the sleep-like expression, a tiny movement of her left hand, the flickering eyelashes! It was working, not like she had imagined, but it was working!

Excitement, relief, and renewed faith flooded over Denise at that moment, as she leaned over the bed, in a quiet voice saying to the patient, "Can you hear me? Can you open your eyes? I believe you can hear me. I want so badly for you to get well. Please open your eyes.

Maria opened the door to the room, and curiously stepped in, taking in the scene, with Denise leaning over the bed, talking to the paitent. "Any response?" she asked Denise quietly.

Denise*s eyes glittered with enthusiasm. "Yes! Yes, there was! I saw her eyes flicker first, then I thought it was just my imagination, but it happened again! And the expression on her face changed a little. I don't know how to describe it, but it was there! She moved her left hand just slightly, too. It's working, Maria, it's really working!

Her voice was high-pitched, though quiet, with excitement. Denise knew there was no more time left today to continue the experiment, but her hopes had not been completely unjustified. It would not be long before the lady regained consciousness. She just knew it! Just wait until she could tell Nana and Papa about this!

Such rejoicing there was in the little house on the farm, when Denise shared the news of the Jane Doe's progress with Nana and Papa!

But Jon's call interrrupted the excited conversation, and he was at home, getting ready to come out to the farm, now. Denise gave him directions, and began to get ready for her date. Anxious to see him again, she hurried through her shower, shampoo, and blow-dried her hair, then carefully re-applied her make-up. Using the curling iron, she styled her natural curls becomingly, and set about to choose her outfit.

Applying layers of new yarn, she fitted Jon's senior ring snugly on her finger, and looking at the clock on the bathroom wall, decided there was still time for a manicure.

She quickly chose a pair of mint green walking shorts, and a multi-colored floral print cotton top, and pulling them on, looked in the mirror for approval. Yes, this would do nicely for a laid-back evening with her favorite guy!

How wonderfully everything was working out! All was well with Jon, and she would be with him in just a little while.

Nana and Papa were so good to her (and so much fun!). Mom and Dad were doing well and having a good time in Europe. And Jane Doe was beginning to come out of her coma! All is right with the world, Denise decided, as she applied the new polish to her nails.

She had found a shade of pink which went perfectly with some of the tiny roses in her shirt. Denise had been trying really hard to quit biting her nails, and so far, this time, she had succeeded. They were actually long enough to file. Mom would be really proud of her when she returned from the trip, and saw her long fingernails. And no fakes, either!

Denise had just finished with the polish, and was blowing her nails to dry them, when she heard the sound of the familiar loud tail pipes from Jon's sportscar. Perfect timing!

"Someone's here, Denise," Nana called from the kitchen. "Must be here to see you, by the sound of the car. And what a looker!"

Denise cracked up. She couldn't believe Nana was talking like that!

"Yeah, it's Jon. I can tell by the sound, too. I'm glad you'll get to meet him, Nana," Denise, said, walking into the kitchen. I know you'll love him. Mom and Dad do, and Todd, too.

Standing at the door, Denise waited until Jon stepped onto the big porch, then opened the door.

"Well, hello, stranger," she said in greeting, as he leaned down and planted a quick kiss on her lips.

"Hello, yourself! You're sure looking good," Jon murmured quietly while holding her, briefly.

"Come on in. I want you to meet Nana. Nana, this is Jon Rivers, the one, and only! Jon, this is my grandmother. Mom's Mom, Irene Smith."

Jon and Irene exchanged pleasantries, and Irene invited Jon into the living room, and offered him a Coke, which he gratefully accepted. Denise was so glad that Jon always knew the right things to say and do, and knew Nana wouldn't be able to resist his charm, either.

"Papa's out in the pasture somewhere, I guess, isn't he, Nana? He should be back soon." I'm anxious for you to meet him, too. He's quite a character!"

Denise did get to introduce Jon to Charlie, just as they were leaving to 'cruise the drag'. And, true to form. Papa kept them busy for fifteen minutes, asking questions, and cracking jokes.

Finally, Denise jokingly said, "Now, Papa, I haven't seen this guy in two whole weeks, and I'm not about to share him, tonight! We'll be back around eleven, OK? Y'all be good while we're gone, now, you hear?" she popped off teasingly.

They piled into Jon's little car, and off they went to see what was happening in town, and to make up for lost time.

It Continues....

Source: http://gospelbreed.com/2016/07/love-from-above-episode-25/

2 Likes

Re: A Love From Above (An Educative Relationship Story) - Full Episode by EdwardDomnan(m): 6:56am On Aug 30, 2016
Wonderful piece honestly but i didn't see 11
Re: A Love From Above (An Educative Relationship Story) - Full Episode by Olajhidey22(m): 9:51am On Aug 30, 2016
EdwardDomnan:
Wonderful piece honestly but i didn't see 11

Oh! Probably i skipped that.. Check here for Episode 11 >>> http://gospelbreed.com/2016/07/love-from-above-episode-11/

Thanks smiley
Re: A Love From Above (An Educative Relationship Story) - Full Episode by Olajhidey22(m): 12:01pm On Aug 30, 2016
Episode 26

It seemed awfully foggy, the young girl thought, as she walked along the isolated path leading home. She didn't like walking home this late by herself, but she had been talking with a friend after basketball practice, and didn't reaize how late it was getting. But, it wasn't dark, yet. She knew Mom would be worried about her, but everything would be OK when she explained. Isn't that Jerry just ahead, standing almost in the bushes along the path? What is he doing here, she wondered? Jerry was a real creep from her school, and he was always being rude, or popping up with off-color comments'. Joanie always felt uncomfortable around him, and tried to avoid him when at all possible. But it looked impossible today!

She glared at him as she neared his still form, not speaking, not smiling. She definitely did not want to encourage a conversation with him! Then, as she walked just about even with him, she shifted her eyes to look straight at the path ahead of her. Just as she passed him, though, deciding he wouldn't bother her today, she felt him grab her arm from behind and twist it behind her back! Joanie cried out in pain, and tried to break his hold on her, but to no avail. She tried kicking behind her, but was unable to connect with his flesh. When she tried to turn, the pain from her twisted arm seared through her joints, warning to avoid such movements.

In her fury and panic, she screamed out, "What are you doing? You're hurting me! Quit that!" Tears of helplessness began to roll down her cheeks, as he held her tightly from behind.

"You're a real snob, aren't you? Think you're too good for old Jerry, do ya? Well, I'll bring you down a notch or two," he said hatefully, his breath hot on her shoulder and neck, and coming rapidly.

Almost dragging her, he pulled her from the path into the brush, and threw her down hard into the weeds of the little clearing.

Quickly, she sprang up, aware of the freedom of movement again, but just as quickly, felt herself being shoved back down! The hate and fury began to turn to fear, as she saw a new look in his eyes.

He threw himself down on her. Her screams and strength seemed far from her, as he viciously attacked her. What was actually minutes, seemed like hours. Then, just as quickly, he was gone, his last searing words ringing in her ears, "You rat on me, and 1*11 kill you!"

Painfully, she rose from the ground, feeling as if her whole body was bruised, and aching all over, but the pain in her heart was even worse! The humiliation, the violation, the terror, caused the tears, and loud sobbing to become uncontrollable! How could this have happened? What had she done to deserve something like this? She questioned herself in panic, as she tried to cover her near naked body with the ripped shorts and top.

Where was her bag with her school clothes? On the trail, probably, she decided in alarm as she tried to gain control of her panic. What would she tell Mom? What could she tell her, but the truth? How else would she be able to explain the ripped basketball practice outfit? How could she have let this happen to her? Why couldn't she stop him?

In the fog, suddenly, she saw herself in the hospital, holding her own precious baby girl in her arms for the first, and last time.

So much had happened since that fateful evening of the rape. Jerry had been convicted of the rape and sent away to a juvenile detention center, and she alone, except for her Mom, had to deal with the terror, guilt, and unwanted pregnancy. And now, this little baby was to be given up for adoption. As her Mom had said many times, a fourteen-year-old girl just couldn't handle all the responsibilities of bringing up a child, and of course, the financial burden would be unbearable. But, to let go of this precious little bundle was almost more than she could bear, and she was crying out with the pain of separation, already.

Then the scene switched, in her mind, to the highway. She was within fifty miles of her destination, and very tired from traveling. There had been very little traffic since turning on this highway, but she had noticed for the last few miles, a car behind her, and now, he was blinding her with his bright lights shining in her rear view mirror.

She glanced back frequently, noting the car weaving in the road, speeding up and getting closer, then backing off, still all over the road.

Deciding that the driver must be drunk, she sped up to get away from this unpredictable vehicle. But, as she sped up, so did the vehicle behind her, almost as if she had challenged him. Surely it was a him!

The road stretched out in front of her, somewhat undulating with the occassional hills, frequent small bridges, and culverts. The threat of being overtaken, as if it were a game, invaded her weary consciousness, striking again the chord of terror, and helplessness. What could she do? If she slowed down, would he also slow down, or would he pass her, perhaps wrecking? The car was weaving all over the road, as if being jerked from side to side.

How fast would she have to go to get away from him, she wondered, looking at the speedometer. It was already on eighty- five mph. What if she just stopped, off the shoulder of the road, and let them around? Was there a danger of him stopping, if she should stop?

The car was now almost on her bumper, the lights glaring, blinding her as she, without making a conscious decision, moved onto the shoulder of the road, slowing automatically to let the other car around.

Then the feeling of floating in air, bouncing painfully, the sound of metal crushing, glass splintering, and something wet and sticky running over her in the darkness, consumed her thoughts. She heard someone in the background screaming, screaming.. . Maria, the nurse on duty, rushed into the room where the frightened scream continued, not even realizing it was Jane Doe's room, for a minute.

But there she was, the previous 'sleeping beauty', as Denise had called her sympathetically, her hands drawn up in fists, clutching her chest, eyes closed, screaming as if her life depended on it.

Pushing the emergency call button, the nurse attempted to quiet the patient, speaking in soft, reassuring tones, grasping her hands, carefully guarding the I.V. site. Almost immediately, other nurses were present in the room, and the doctor on duty following only slightly behind. When soft tones and touch were unable to quieten the frightened patient, the doctor ordered a quick acting, but mild tranquilizer, which Maria administered quickly and efficiently, as two other nurses held the patient, and continued to speak softly to her.

Within minutes, the screaming ebbed, and as the nurses continued ministering to the fragile-looking young woman, she slowly began to relax her tense muscles. She opened her eyes, just barely at first, and fearfully asked, with a soft voice, "Where am I?"

"You're in a hospital near where you were found in a wrecked car. You've been here for some time, now. Are you hurting anywhere?" Maria asked gently.

"No," the lady answered, "I'm just weak, very weak." Then noticing her leg in a cast, and traction, asked, "What's wrong with my leg?"

"You have a fracture, but it's healing nicely. It won't be long until the traction setup will be removed. We've been worried about you, you've been unconscious for so long. We didn't even know who you were, there wasn't any I.D. found. Do you remember your name?"

"Joan--Joan Weston. A lot of people call me Joanie," she answered hesitantly, as the memories began once more to flood her mind.

"Are you getting sleepy, Joanie?" Maria asked, as she noted the patient's eyelids getting heavy.

"I think maybe I should rest a little while," Joanie answered, her speech becoming slightly sluggish.

After orienting her drowsy patient to the call light system, Maria left the room, and headed straight for the phone at the nurse's station, to spread the good news.

"Does anyone know how to get in touch with Denise Whitaker, the volunteer? I know she would want to know what's happened." After a few minutes discussion, someone found the phone number for Denise's grandparents. Maria dialed the number, waited as it rang, then heard the pleasant voice of Denise's grandmother answer.

"Hello, this is Maria Marshall. Is this where Denise Whitaker is staying?"

"Why, yes, it is. I'm her grandmother."

"Well, I'm a nurse out at the hospital, and a friend of Denise's. Is she available? I would sure like to share some good news with her."

"Oh, I'm sorry. She's gone off today with her boyfriend for a picnic in the pasture, and I don't really expect her back before dark, but I'll tell her you called." Nana said sweetly.

"Would you just tell her that Jane Doe has regained consciousness, and it looks like she's gonna be fine?"

"Well, praise the Lord! I will surely tell her." Nana exclaimed. "She'll be so excited to hear that! We've been praying for her. Thank you so much for calling.

It Continues Still...

Source: http://gospelbreed.com/2016/07/love-from-above-episode-26/

1 Like

Re: A Love From Above (An Educative Relationship Story) - Full Episode by Olajhidey22(m): 12:51pm On Aug 30, 2016
Click Here For Episode 27 >>> http://gospelbreed.com/2016/07/love-from-above-episode-27/

Click Here For Episode 28 >>> http://gospelbreed.com/2016/07/love-from-above-episode-28/

Click Here For Episode 29 >>> http://gospelbreed.com/2016/07/love-from-above-episode-29/

Click Here For Episode 30 >>> http://gospelbreed.com/2016/07/love-from-above-episode-30/

Please we'll appreciate if you can leave a comment behind after reading the final episode.
Let us know if you indeed learnt one or two lessons from this story.
God bless smiley
Re: A Love From Above (An Educative Relationship Story) - Full Episode by ChemicalReaction(f): 2:31pm On Aug 30, 2016
Pheeeww.. Finally here. Nice one OP!

1 Like

Re: A Love From Above (An Educative Relationship Story) - Full Episode by Thriveplus: 3:28pm On Aug 30, 2016
fellowship indicated, let's go!!

1 Like

Re: A Love From Above (An Educative Relationship Story) - Full Episode by Thriveplus: 3:56pm On Aug 30, 2016
following all the way, let's go please!!

1 Like

Re: A Love From Above (An Educative Relationship Story) - Full Episode by Nmaglit: 5:15pm On Aug 30, 2016
Am still present
Re: A Love From Above (An Educative Relationship Story) - Full Episode by Olajhidey22(m): 5:50pm On Aug 30, 2016
ChemicalReaction:
Pheeeww.. Finally here. Nice one OP!

Thanks dear!
Am done with the story though, dont be late next time smiley
Click Here For Episode 27 >>> http://gospelbreed.com/2016/07/love-from-above-episode-27/

Click Here For Episode 28 >>> http://gospelbreed.com/2016/07/love-from-above-episode-28/

Click Here For Episode 29 >>> http://gospelbreed.com/2016/07/love-from-above-episode-29/

Click Here For Episode 30 >>> http://gospelbreed.com/2016/07/love-from-above-episode-30/

Please we'll appreciate if you can leave a comment behind after reading the final episode.
God bless smiley
Re: A Love From Above (An Educative Relationship Story) - Full Episode by Olajhidey22(m): 5:56pm On Aug 30, 2016
Thriveplus:
fellowship indicated, let's go!!

Thanks for dropping by, I really appreciate! smiley smiley
Re: A Love From Above (An Educative Relationship Story) - Full Episode by Olajhidey22(m): 5:59pm On Aug 30, 2016
Thriveplus:
following all the way, let's go please!!

Thanks for dropping by... smiley

Incase you missed any of my previously published stories, check here >>> http://gospelbreed.com/collection-of-all-stories/
Re: A Love From Above (An Educative Relationship Story) - Full Episode by Olajhidey22(m): 5:59pm On Aug 30, 2016
Nmaglit:
Am still present

Thanks dear... Please refer to the links below.

God bless smiley

God bless smiley
Re: A Love From Above (An Educative Relationship Story) - Full Episode by Thriveplus: 2:09pm On Aug 31, 2016
Wow!! enjoying every bit of the story, pls go on!!

1 Like

Re: A Love From Above (An Educative Relationship Story) - Full Episode by Olajhidey22(m): 3:30pm On Aug 31, 2016
Thriveplus:
Wow!! enjoying every bit of the story, pls go on!!

Thanks! And am glad this truly interest you.

Actually we are done with the story.

Thanks once again smiley
Re: A Love From Above (An Educative Relationship Story) - Full Episode by cho25bc(f): 9:42am On Sep 03, 2016
Olajhidey22:

Thanks! And am glad this truly interest you.

Actually we are done with the story.

Thanks once again smiley
Nice story line and it served as a big lesson 2 every youths dat Jesus is d only way. More grease 2 d elbows of ur writers.
Pls I want 2 ask,I don't understand what happened btwm Denise n jon @ d picnic. Did Denise gave in 2 Jon's sexual demands or she declined?has she ever had sex with Jon before or not?dat part is not clear 2 me.Pls explain

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie Shows Her Dance Steps / Is MMM Really Back (the Story Of A Participant) / The Virgin Street Girl 18+

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 225
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.