Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,578 members, 7,801,654 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:35 PM

Cost Analysis For a 10 Hectares of Cocoa, Watermelon and Plantain Plantation - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Cost Analysis For a 10 Hectares of Cocoa, Watermelon and Plantain Plantation (18673 Views)

Banana Plantation And Plantain Plantation..which Is More Profitable? / Cost Analysis And Returns Of Plantain Plantation On One Acre Of Land / Cost Analysis For 1,000 to 3000 Poultry (layers) Capacity & Feed Mill In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cost Analysis For a 10 Hectares of Cocoa, Watermelon and Plantain Plantation by Ade3000yrs(m): 8:29pm On Aug 02, 2016
Cost Analysis For a 10 hectares of Cocoa, Watermelon, and Plantain Mixed Cropping Plantation in Nigeria.

No doubt the cocoa market is $ 3 trillion dollars worth with Africa producing 70% of the market product but in return get a total of $3 billion dollars annually from this cash crops while the advance countries that buys this farm produce makes a kill of this non oil foreign exchange earner product because we dont have the initiative to be more engaging in the processing of this cash crop.

The purpose of this is to make money employing a more innovative means of farming cocoa for a possible returns in a 3 different farming ventures with the ultimate and primary product as the cocoa production. This is more like using a stone to kill 3 birds or alternatively called mixed cropping. While one serves as a canopy to the primary and intended crop, the other serves as fertilizer fixing agent and an humidifier. The combination of this 3 products as follows are cucumber meant to be harvested withing 3 months, plantain meant to be harvested within 8 to 12 months and cocoa meant to fetch you money after a successive 24 months or between 2 to 5years depending on the cultivar or varieties farmed. As we have the Armelonado, Forastero, Criollo, the trinitario, CCN-51.

Considering an ideal spacing capacity of between 1,200 suckers to 2,000 Suckers of plantain / hectare. This cost analysis is focused on 10 Hectares.
Given: An hectare to be = 2½ Acres,
and an Acre to be = 6 plots of standard 60ft X 120ft or 50ft by 100ft; an hectare = 15 plots or 100meters or 328ft on each of the 4 sides. Therefore 15 plots X 10 Hectares = 150 plots.
therefore, 10 Hectares = 25 Acres = 150 plots.
Here is the total expenditure and cost breakdown.

1. Land: #1.5 million naira at #150,000 Naira per hectare.
2. Land Preparation: #250,000 Naira
3. Hybrid Suckers of IITA standard (20,000) for 10 hectares: #2,000,000 Naira at #100 per sucker.
4. cocoa and watermelon seedlings for 10 hectares at : #300,000
4. Planting: farm labourers on farm #300,000 Naira.
5. Herbicides & Fungicides: ##250,000 Naira.
6. Employment of farm hands: #300,000 Naira,
7. Procurement of
fertilizers if 50kg per bag and 150kg is needed per hectare, at #7,000 per bag, #210,000+40,000 as T fair Naira & Farmyard Manure =#250,000
8. Miscellaneous Expenses, T fare, farm tools, shed or cabin & Wheel barrow: #350,000 Naira
9. Pre investment expenses: #200,000 Naira
10. Borehole or Irrigation, scaffolding and reservoir installations with water pump and hoes: #500,000 Naira.
11. Consultational fees: #500,000 negotiable
Total expenses if the Land were bought= # 6,700,000 Naira

RETURN ON INVESTMENT:
WATERMELON:

An hectare of watermelon needs just 3kg to 4kg of seedlings to yield a 20 to 30 tonnes of watermelon after 80 days to 100days, which d proceeds of 30 tones per hectare could possibly yield you 12,000 watermelon with each sold at 300 naira as some could weigh from between 5kg to 15kg respectively. that means an hectare of watermelon could yield you #3.6 million naira in d space of 3 months. therefore on 10 hectares your bound to get #36,000,000 or less at the end of 3 months.

PLANTAIN:
with a spacing of 5ft by 5ft or 1.5m by 2m, Considering that plantain fruits at the end of 8 to 12 months months, after which the tree is cut down to allow the cocoa tree to flourish for the rest of its 3 to 5years growth. if a stick is sold at #800 Naira, then 20,000 x 800= #16,000,000 = #16,000,000 Naira.
Therefore, Return on investment on plantain alone is = #16,000,000 - #6,400,000 = #9,600,000 on Plantain alone and if sold at #1,000 naira a stick, the return on investment would be #20,000,000 - #6,400,000 #13,600,000 naira.

COCOA:
A bag of cocoa in the international market right now is pegged at around $200 and that's currently at #62,000 naira a bag. using the jute bag, it is 65kg a bag and you need 16 bags of cocoa to make a tonne. Long trailers carry 30 tonnes and an hectare of cocoa will yield you btwn 1.5 tonnes or 2 tonnes. your cocoa can continue bro fruit for 3 decades that's why its considered a real green gold and foreign exchange.

Note!!! that your cocoa seed is sourced from a reliable dealer with quality disease resistant seeds and its well treated and quoted with fungicides before ever planted. An Hectare will take between 1,200 to 2,000 seedlings and must be 5ft by 5ft or 2m by 3m planting spacing. There are a lot of inventive integrated means of planting cocoa which is already been harnessed in Ghana, Ivory coast, Ethiopia, Democratic Republic of Congo, Philippines and Ecuador, Mexico, Peru, Costa Rica, USA California, which a lot of Nigerians are yet to be updated with but I very much believe we have other similar experts in cocoa and I implore you to find their experts advice useful. Almost all south east, south west, south south and a few places in the north such as Adamawa and Taraba are durable for cocoa farming. Ondo state is ranked top in cocoa production in Nigeria, followed by Osun, Cross River, Oyo, Edo, Ekiti, Akwaibom, Ogun, Delta, Abia, Ebonyi, Rivers, Taraba and Adamawa. Be sure to consult the opinion of 3 to 4 experts before you embark on this innovative kind of venture.

Written By Kelvin Adewale O.

Call or contact Zion Joe Ventures LTD, Suite 9 Olutoye shopping complex, opposite, Royal Spring Hotel (TJ), 08141208884 www.winterbaker.com

Please only serious business minded persons should call my line and not time wasters nor people who love to engage in excessive talk. Please

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cost Analysis For a 10 Hectares of Cocoa, Watermelon and Plantain Plantation by TheUnbeatable(m): 11:09pm On Aug 02, 2016
@Op:

Please, don't put yourself in trouble with this calculation.

If an investor puts money in this, you will be discredited and run into debt.

Please, check your post again.

God bless your work,

Sincerely,

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cost Analysis For a 10 Hectares of Cocoa, Watermelon and Plantain Plantation by Idowu2828: 11:18pm On Aug 02, 2016
I pity people that fall victims, why would u be talking about plantain farming without Irrigation? Beware!!! These people are just looking for means to sell suckers nothing more.

1 Like

Re: Cost Analysis For a 10 Hectares of Cocoa, Watermelon and Plantain Plantation by world1(m): 2:22am On Aug 03, 2016
Ade3000yrs:
Capital Expenditure and Cost Analysis For Plantain Plantation of 10,040 Hybrid Suckers on a 10 Hectares of Land In Nigeria.

Considering an ideal spacing capacity of 1004 Suckers of plantain on an hectare. This cost analysis is focused on 10 Hectares.

My question No 1:- What is ideal spacing?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cost Analysis For a 10 Hectares of Cocoa, Watermelon and Plantain Plantation by world1(m): 2:24am On Aug 03, 2016
Ade3000yrs:
Capital Expenditure and Cost Analysis For Plantain Plantation of 10,040 Hybrid Suckers on a 10 Hectares of Land In Nigeria.

Considering an ideal spacing capacity of 1004 Suckers of plantain on an hectare. This cost analysis is focused on 10 Hectares.
and an Acre to be = 6 plots of standard 60ft X 120ft; and an hectare = 15 plots. Therefore 15 plots X 10 Hectares = 150 plots.
3. Hybrid Suckers of IITA standard (10,040): #1,004,000 Naira at #100 per sucker.
4. Planting: #100,000 Naira.
5. Herbicides: #250,000 Naira.
6. Employment of farm hands: #240,000 Naira,
7. Procurement of
fertilizers: #100,000 Naira.
8. Miscellaneous Expenses, T fare, farm tools & Wheel barrow: #100,000 Naira
9. Pre investment expenses: #100,000 Naira
10. Borehole or Irrigation: #500,000 Naira.
Total expenses if the Land were bought= #4,044,000 million.
RETURN ON INVESTMENT:
If its on a rented land at the cost of #50,000 naira for 10 hectares per year, it would be= #2,594,000 Naira. Considering that plantain fruits every 3 to 4 months, you can harvest at least 3 times a year from a tree. if a stick is sold at #800 Naira, then 10,040 x 800= #8,032,000 x 3 = #24,096,000 Naira.
therefore, Return on investment = #24,096,000 - #4,044,000 = #20,052,000 annually. Alternatively, if a stick is sold at #500 Naira, then 10,040 suckers x 500 sticks= #5,020,000 x 3 = #15,060,000 Naira
therefore, Return on Investment = #15,060,000 - #4,044,000 = #11,016,000 Naira.
Wish you all success in your ventures.

Office address- ZionJoe Ventures, Olutoye Shopping Complex, Opp Royal Spring Hotel, Oshogbo Osun State
Telephone 09099176956, 08141208884, 08169220895 and Ondo office: DOT SDC & Co, Plot 7 Olukayode Housing Estate, Agric Bus stop, Ondo Road: Mr Abiodun Lawal 08180499192

Farm lands available for sale in Osun at 150k per Acre and Virgin farmland in Oyo at 150k per Hectare.
Also hectares of land available for rent at #5,000 naira per year in Oyo and Osun.
We also stock all your needed farming chemicals, seedlings and supplies at wholesale price directly from the companies.
We also stock fish feed, Poultry feed, Snail feed, Dog feed and Rabbit feed. We deliver our services nation wide And also help to Set up Earthen and Concrete Fish Pond, Poultry farm, Snail farm structure you can reach us via our contacts.
Our Services cut across Laboratory Services, Feed Ingredients Sales, Human Nutrition and Health (Vitamins and Minerals Mixture Division), Livestock Agro & Consultancy Services, Feasibility report writing, Farm management in all areas of agriculture, Farm Audit, Admin and Marketing, Entrepreneurship Coaching On Start Up Business in the Areas of Agriculture, Farm Supplies, Chemicals and Seedlings, Travel Services IATA approved, and Importation of Industrial and Processing Machines.

We believe that Success is about partnership & integrity protection. With our team of experienced expert professionals to include agriculture experts, engineers, accountant, auditors, and lawyers. We also help to procure land to site your farm, help you set it up, farm produce marketing and also help to recruit ideal farm management staff only on request and also proffer farm training solutions, we also help you with the Corporate Affairs Commission (C.A.C) registration and Federal Inland Revenue Matters to ensure all your papers are updated to include your account books and Tax matters without harassment from government agencies. we have our offices in Osun, Ondo and Affiliates in Lagos with more prospect of expansion for presence in other states. We are ready to render our services to any state of your choice. We welcome healthy partnership as much as we enjoy a handful of referrals therefore protecting our good name and integrity is our top priority. www.greenharrisburg..co.ke

Good morning Dear Nairalanders,
Its so unfortunate that we still have information marketers trying to post on agriculture section of this forum. Please if you are intrested in commercial plantain cultivation with best agronomy procedure you will spend between N300,000- N450,000 excluding land depending on your location.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cost Analysis For a 10 Hectares of Cocoa, Watermelon and Plantain Plantation by world1(m): 2:40am On Aug 03, 2016
Ade3000yrs:

Land Preparation: #250,000 Naira
Oga Ade please explain the following:
1. How do you intend to use N250,000 to do land preparation for 25 acres?
2. How will you do land preparation without land clearing?
3. You never made mention of soil test in order to determined the suitability of the proposed farmland or do you think plantain can just be planted anywhere?
I bet you know nothing about this crop called plantain or you are a backyard farmer.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Analysis For a 10 Hectares of Cocoa, Watermelon and Plantain Plantation by world1(m): 2:43am On Aug 03, 2016
Idowu2828:
I pity people that fall victims, why would u be talking about plantain farming without Irrigation? Beware!!! These people are just looking for means to sell suckers nothing more.
@idowu. This guy got no suckers to sell, his just looking for what to eat. He knows nothing can you imagine him saying total setup for 25 acres of plantain including land, borehole and irrigation is N4,044,000 meaning you need just N161,760 per acre. Na beans, you need more than that to do cucumber per acre.

1 Like

Re: Cost Analysis For a 10 Hectares of Cocoa, Watermelon and Plantain Plantation by invinzible1: 6:29am On Aug 03, 2016
This guy is a scam, his full name is adewale kelvin he has been posting fake and untruthful information check all his post you would see what I'm talking about. Adewale kelvin is fake and a scammer. Mod should please do the needful

1 Like

Re: Cost Analysis For a 10 Hectares of Cocoa, Watermelon and Plantain Plantation by Georgville(m): 7:33am On Aug 03, 2016
world1:

@idowu. This guy got no suckers to sell, his just looking for what to eat. He knows nothing can you imagine him saying total setup for 25 acres of plantain including land, borehole and irrigation is N4,044,000 meaning you need just N161,760 per acre. Na beans, you need more than that to do cucumber per acre.

The guy knows nothing, all he does is copy and paste. Check all his posts, same pattern. He's very good at quoting figures.. from snail to plantain, poultry, Ugu, land etc. The guy is a scam.
Re: Cost Analysis For a 10 Hectares of Cocoa, Watermelon and Plantain Plantation by Idowu2828: 3:53pm On Aug 03, 2016
Boss no be lie, b4 u think of going to farming, talk about Irrigation 1st or else u are joker of time wasting and Capital.
world1:

1 Like

Re: Cost Analysis For a 10 Hectares of Cocoa, Watermelon and Plantain Plantation by phyllosilicate(m): 1:26am On Aug 04, 2016
Idowu2828:
Boss no be lie, b4 u think of going to farming, talk about Irrigation 1st or else u are joker of time wasting and Capital.
Plantain can be planted in southern Nigeria without irrigation provided it gets at least 3 to 4 months of rainfall before the dry season.

The op seems to know little or nothing about Plantain farming. The first thing that came to my mind was the question word1 asked - what spacing? Planting 10,040 suckers in 10ha is planting with a spacing of 5m by 2m. The op is seriously not serious.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cost Analysis For a 10 Hectares of Cocoa, Watermelon and Plantain Plantation by michodemic(m): 1:12pm On Aug 04, 2016
world1:

Please the guy made one interesting point I don't know before now. Can one plantain plant produce more than ones? Is that true? Thanks.
Re: Cost Analysis For a 10 Hectares of Cocoa, Watermelon and Plantain Plantation by Ade3000yrs(m): 3:18am On Aug 10, 2016
TheUnbeatable:

@Op:

Please, don't put yourself in trouble with this calculation.

If an investor puts money in this, you will be discredited and run into debt.

Please, check your post again.

God bless your work,

Sincerely,
I got your point my brother, but employing a more inventive approach, its very possible
Re: Cost Analysis For a 10 Hectares of Cocoa, Watermelon and Plantain Plantation by Ade3000yrs(m): 3:28am On Aug 10, 2016
michodemic:

Please the guy made one interesting point I don't know before now. Can one plantain plant produce more than ones? Is that true? Thanks.
Do very well to read my subsequent post. don't follow d path of Idowu2828 and world1, except u enjoy d company of d blind leading d blind. I want to blv idowu2828 is from Lilongwe in Malawi while world1 is from Harare in Zimbabwe. Check out world1 one on his thread posing wt pawpaw tree and pawpaw fruit for us to see is fat tummy. brother, thats d excess of your money he calls evidence of good living when he cant afford to run 100m dash like Usain Bolt. Bro u hv a choice to follow who u want. My vision is not d same wt dis elements

2 Likes

Re: Cost Analysis For a 10 Hectares of Cocoa, Watermelon and Plantain Plantation by Ade3000yrs(m): 4:16am On Aug 10, 2016
Idowu2828:
Re: Cost Analysis For a 10 Hectares of Cocoa, Watermelon and Plantain Plantation by Ade3000yrs(m): 4:29am On Aug 10, 2016
Idowu2828:
U don't deserve my reply nor my audience, how many impact hv u made on Nairaland alone not to talk of ur, closet or other online media, look at all your online post and compare to mine, u got no pedigree to earn my attention at all

1 Like

Re: Cost Analysis For a 10 Hectares of Cocoa, Watermelon and Plantain Plantation by Ade3000yrs(m): 4:33am On Aug 10, 2016
Idowu2828:
U don't deserve my reply nor my audience, how many impact hv u made on Nairaland alone not to talk of ur, closet or other online media, look at all your online post and compare to mine, u got no pedigree to earn my attention at all. When was the last time u ever did anything for anybody for free all what people like u and world1 do is only to com online to sell crap to pple. I leave ur case for Nairalanders to judge ur kind of element. pple like u never see anytn good in pple let alone in urslf. D voice of d people is d voice of God! Homo homini Lupus!!!
Re: Cost Analysis For a 10 Hectares of Cocoa, Watermelon and Plantain Plantation by Ade3000yrs(m): 4:38am On Aug 10, 2016
phyllosilicate:

Plantain can be planted in southern Nigeria without irrigation provided it gets at least 3 to 4 months of rainfall before the dry season.

The op seems to know little or nothing about Plantain farming. The first thing that came to my mind was the question word1 asked - what spacing? Planting 10,040 suckers in 10ha is planting with a spacing of 5m by 2m. The op is seriously not serious.

My question for u is this, who is your mentor because making ur self a band wagon of hoplessness will never get u far enough. My audience for u is zero, if u want answer to ur questions, go back to whoever must hv tot u about plantain farming maybe something is missing.

1 Like

Re: Cost Analysis For a 10 Hectares of Cocoa, Watermelon and Plantain Plantation by Ade3000yrs(m): 4:49am On Aug 10, 2016
world1:

Its so unfortunate that we still have information marketers trying to post on agriculture section of this forum. Please if you are intrested in commercial plantain cultivation with best agronomy procedure you will spend between N300,000- N450,000 excluding land depending on your location.
Idowu2828:
I neva had intention to reply u because u dont deserve my audience, but hv bn getting too much pressure to reply ur post lately, u hv just shot urslf in d leg and hv spilled urslf for ur follows to see the stuff u are made of as just empty loaf. blv me, you are only online to suck Nairalanders dry. My presence and activity online get u agitated and infuriated because am spoiling ur business. This is an evidence that u just stumble on Agriculture by accident and as an escape plan from poverty. If its a lie, pls do mk it clear on d this thread. My advice for u is this, go back to elementary school.
U are highly unfit for my audience and this is evidence enough that u know nothing about agriculture. If u are confused where u got it wrong, go back and read my post again. Compare all my post with all the junks u post on Nairaland long before i came on this platform and tell for urslf between you and I who has been milking people out of their hard earned penny. Check out most of my write up are product of painstaking research which I do for free to better people's life at zero(0) cost, unlike u that wants to monetize everything and sell of Nigeria if you have the grace. I do most of my online post when millions of Nairalanders and gays like u are asleep. Believe me u are 100% blatant fake. "U b wash," Ur vision is quite diferent from mine. U are still 3,000yrs behind me, and if u continue like this my history will always be your dream while I am always 3,000yrs ahead of u. We want to build Nigeria to a greater Nation with a collective effort of proud citizens and as a proud jewel on the face of Africa unlike what ur doing.
When was the last time, you ever did anything for free for people or render free consultation without asking for a kobo D only tin u come online to do is to tell pple to buy, buy, buy and pay for seminar here and there and yet u offer crap. I blv ur just infurriated that am doing better than u out of inferiority complex. People call me from diferent part of the world and different part of Nigeria for consultation and venture that will yield results while people like u wallow here in your mediocrity and obscure psyche.
Blv me u hv bn practicing agriculture the blind way for a very long time. I only pity those ur long chain of tailing followers on Nairaland. I want to believe u are from Lilongwe somewhere in Malawi. If u want to grow and do better, learn from people who are doing better because u are just an empty air of noise with pilfering decibels. Do u think all my good work and commendations is just a juju conjuring or abracadabra by chance or out of the blues? You are missing something big!!! You need a good mentor. Good effort equate good reward; I do good job for people and they pay me for it and whatever I earn I show contentment in my reward for good labour. Why and how many activity conflict with yours, I realy dont understand, infact for this reason I will sell hybrid suckers for #80 for u to be worse pained. When d cats away, d cat will play, if u want to learn travel out of the country for once wt ur eyes open when u do and u will acknowledge that u know Zero!!!!!! if u want to express your grievance u can visit my office if u want to see me in person. In one hand I carry an Olive tree and in the other a big stick. pick ur opponent carefully except u hv money to waste in the court of law. No matter who u know and d connection u hv in this our Obodo Nigeria, b it a Royal Father, General, Chief Justice, AIG, I will make the process exhaustive and sweaty for u until ur dry and until u find bone in ur egg. I leave ur matta for Mattias and for Nairalanders to Judge ur ineptitude. The voice of d people is d voice of God. Guy upgrade and stop living in your 3rd world state of mind that u call world1

1 Like

Re: Cost Analysis For a 10 Hectares of Cocoa, Watermelon and Plantain Plantation by Ade3000yrs(m): 5:30am On Aug 10, 2016
invinzible1:
This guy is a scam, his full name is adewale kelvin he has been posting fake and untruthful information check all his post you would see what I'm talking about. Adewale kelvin is fake and a scammer. Mod should please do the needful
I have nothing to say to you. I leave u to Nairalanders to do the needful with inciting and cantankerous elements like u. Look at all your Nairaland post and compare to mine. Guy u bluff and fumble too much. U hv to realy man up, because what I do is what real man do.
Re: Cost Analysis For a 10 Hectares of Cocoa, Watermelon and Plantain Plantation by invinzible1: 4:38pm On Aug 12, 2016
Ade3000yrs:
I have nothing to say to you. I leave u to Nairalanders to do the needful with inciting and cantankerous elements like u. Look at all your Nairaland post and compare to mine. Guy u bluff and fumble too much. U hv to realy man up, because what I do is what real man do.
No single person has said any good thing about you since started using nairaland, all the whatsapp group you belong to you have been sent packing because of your dubious way of life which you even accented to. Now you are here claiming to be righteous. Adewale kelvin you just a wolf in sheep clothing seeking for the weak to devour. All your schemes and plans will never work. Unless undergraduate claiming Mr know it all
Re: Cost Analysis For a 10 Hectares of Cocoa, Watermelon and Plantain Plantation by world1(m): 2:58pm On Aug 15, 2016
Ade3000yrs:
I neva had intention to reply u because u dont deserve my audience, but hv bn getting too much pressure to reply ur post lately, u hv just shot urslf in d leg and hv spilled urslf for ur follows to see the stuff u are made of as just empty loaf. blv me, you are only online to suck Nairalanders dry. My presence and activity online get u agitated and infuriated because am spoiling ur business. This is an evidence that u just stumble on Agriculture by accident and as an escape plan from poverty. If its a lie, pls do mk it clear on d this thread. My advice for u is this, go back to elementary school.
U are highly unfit for my audience and this is evidence enough that u know nothing about agriculture. If u are confused where u got it wrong, go back and read my post again. Compare all my post with all the junks u post on Nairaland long before i came on this platform and tell for urslf between you and I who has been milking people out of their hard earned penny. Check out most of my write up are product of painstaking research which I do for free to better people's life at zero(0) cost, unlike u that wants to monetize everything and sell of Nigeria if you have the grace. I do most of my online post when millions of Nairalanders and gays like u are asleep. Believe me u are 100% blatant fake. "U b wash," Ur vision is quite diferent from mine. U are still 3,000yrs behind me, and if u continue like this my history will always be your dream while I am always 3,000yrs ahead of u. We want to build Nigeria to a greater Nation with a collective effort of proud citizens and as a proud jewel on the face of Africa unlike what ur doing.
When was the last time, you ever did anything for free for people or render free consultation without asking for a kobo D only tin u come online to do is to tell pple to buy, buy, buy and pay for seminar here and there and yet u offer crap. I blv ur just infurriated that am doing better than u out of inferiority complex. People call me from diferent part of the world and different part of Nigeria for consultation and venture that will yield results while people like u wallow here in your mediocrity and obscure psyche.
Blv me u hv bn practicing agriculture the blind way for a very long time. I only pity those ur long chain of tailing followers on Nairaland. I want to believe u are from Lilongwe somewhere in Malawi. If u want to grow and do better, learn from people who are doing better because u are just an empty air of noise with pilfering decibels. Do u think all my good work and commendations is just a juju conjuring or abracadabra by chance or out of the blues? You are missing something big!!! You need a good mentor. Good effort equate good reward; I do good job for people and they pay me for it and whatever I earn I show contentment in my reward for good labour. Why and how many activity conflict with yours, I realy dont understand, infact for this reason I will sell hybrid suckers for #80 for u to be worse pained. When d cats away, d cat will play, if u want to learn travel out of the country for once wt ur eyes open when u do and u will acknowledge that u know Zero!!!!!! if u want to express your grievance u can visit my office if u want to see me in person. In one hand I carry an Olive tree and in the other a big stick. pick ur opponent carefully except u hv money to waste in the court of law. No matter who u know and d connection u hv in this our Obodo Nigeria, b it a Royal Father, General, Chief Justice, AIG, I will make the process exhaustive and sweaty for u until ur dry and until u find bone in ur egg. I leave ur matta for Mattias and for Nairalanders to Judge ur ineptitude. The voice of d people is d voice of God. Guy upgrade and stop living in your 3rd world state of mind that u call world1

If you wrote this long epistle without you stating a single pointer to how you intend to harvest bunches of plantain from 1 single stem as you claimed in your writeup then you are the agricultural messiah we've been waiting for.
My brother, I wish you well in all your endeavours.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Analysis For a 10 Hectares of Cocoa, Watermelon and Plantain Plantation by world1(m): 3:04pm On Aug 15, 2016
michodemic:

The guy is the new miracle worker. Claiming that 1 plantain producing more than 1 harvest is like saying a pregnant woman will keep giving birth to babies from 1 pregnancy.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Analysis For a 10 Hectares of Cocoa, Watermelon and Plantain Plantation by globatop: 3:58am On Aug 16, 2016
@op: what's the specie of ur plantain that fruits in 3 to 4months, do u have the suckers and proof, am interested.
Re: Cost Analysis For a 10 Hectares of Cocoa, Watermelon and Plantain Plantation by Myself2(m): 10:21am On Aug 16, 2016
world1:

Very timely.Great job

1 Like

Re: Cost Analysis For a 10 Hectares of Cocoa, Watermelon and Plantain Plantation by world1(m): 10:28am On Aug 17, 2016
globatop:
@op: what's the specie of ur plantain that fruits in 3 to 4months, do u have the suckers and proof, am interested.
Everything about his claim is just not adding up, unfortunately his still claiming his right. 4 month sucker fruiting? How

1 Like

Re: Cost Analysis For a 10 Hectares of Cocoa, Watermelon and Plantain Plantation by lindagreisson(f): 9:30pm On Sep 02, 2016
Please do you or any other person have idea on how I can get hectares or acres of land in Anambra state. I want to go into medium scale farming and if possible, I need up to 3 to 4 hectares of land. Your response would be highly appreciated.
Re: Cost Analysis For a 10 Hectares of Cocoa, Watermelon and Plantain Plantation by mikolo80: 4:58am On Sep 03, 2016
world1:

what's the difference with what he wrote
Re: Cost Analysis For a 10 Hectares of Cocoa, Watermelon and Plantain Plantation by mikolo80: 5:38am On Sep 03, 2016
Ade3000yrs:

and an Acre to be = 6 plots of standard 60ft X 120ft; and an hectare = 15 plots. Therefore 15 plots X 10 Hectares = 150 plots.
3. Hybrid Suckers of IITA standard (10,040): #1,004,000 Naira at #100 per sucker.
4. Planting: #100,000 Naira.
5. Herbicides: #250,000 Naira.
6. Employment of farm hands: #240,000 Naira,
7. Procurement of
fertilizers: #100,000 Naira.
8. Miscellaneous Expenses, T fare, farm tools & Wheel barrow: #100,000 Naira
9. Pre investment expenses: #100,000 Naira
10. Borehole or Irrigation: #500,000 Naira.
Total expenses if the Land were bought= #4,044,000 million.
RETURN ON INVESTMENT:
If its on a rented land at the cost of #50,000 naira for 10 hectares per year, it would be= #2,594,000 Naira. Considering that plantain fruits every 3 to 4 months, you can harvest at least 3 times a year from a tree. if a stick is sold at #800 Naira, then 10,040 x 800= #8,032,000 x 3 = #24,096,000 Naira.
therefore, Return on investment = #24,096,000 - #4,044,000 = #20,052,000 annually. Alternatively, if a stick is sold at #500 Naira, then 10,040 suckers x 500 sticks= #5,020,000 x 3 = #15,060,000 Naira
therefore, Return on Investment = #15,060,000 - #4,044,000 = #11,016,000 Naira.
Am sure there will be criticism, but all your points and criticisms are very much welcomed perhaps am spoiling the business for some wolves because I did not put #1,000,000 or #500,000 naira for consultation as some wolves in Nigeria will do only for their stomach and pocket.
You may sell your suckers for #200 naira if you chose to and I may sell for #80 naira if I chose to.
Well am sorry for alot of wolves like you out there cos its for this reason the country is not progressing and thriving businesses die. I know you wolves are out here on Nairaland looking for unsuspecting prey but don't be surprise if u find a lion. Just like we have cages for dogs, the prison is meant for criminals. I believe some people mistake my leniency and silence for a fool but don't be surprise to find out the opposite. The prison is hungry and it is built for those who flaw civic and constitutional law. I implore u to inquire into details the limit of your freedom of speech. "I no know" or "Abeg" don't exist in the court of law. If you are a wolf and want to stay out of prison, stay far from me and my ventures. I know the vultures are circling whenever and wherever you find the crucifix. I am a Christian but am not Jesus Christ, Steven or Apostle Paul (Saul the son of Tarsus the Butcher). I don't believe in mercy for an erring fellow nor give my audience to an individual with obscure ideology. I believe in an eye for an eye so be careful when you spill your bean pod at me. It doesn't matter weather u disclose ur identity here or not, but I must tell my antagonist that "No man is above the law" as long as you use a mobile phone you can be tracked down by the law enforcement agencies. Be wise and constructive in your speech and criticism. If you want forgiveness, go to the Church or wait till you get to heaven. If you ask me questions and I don't answer you, you should use your tongue to count your teeth and ask yourself whether you are a fool or not.
If you want to maime or nail me with your questions, pls be more honorable to drop your full contact details if you realy have the guts, after all, my address is visible for all to see.
If anyone believes I have scammed him or her at any time, pls kindly provide documenented evidence on this forum for all to see or better still report me to the law enforcement agent with proof.
Its either your part of the world's problem or part of the solution. Once again, I admit that I am spoiling the business for some wolves for the benefit of a larger audience and populace. If you feel aggrieved or rivaled, then am sorry for you! Homo homini Lupus!! Man is a wolf to his fellow man!
Wish you all success in your ventures.

Office address- ZionJoe Ventures, Olutoye Shopping Complex, Opp Royal Spring Hotel, Oshogbo Osun State
Telephone 09099176956, 08169220895 and Ondo office: DOT SDC & Co, Plot 7 Olukayode Housing Estate, Agric Bus stop, Ondo Road: Mr Abiodun Lawal 08180499192

Farm lands available for sale in Osun at 150k per Acre and Virgin farmland in Oyo at 150k per Hectare.
Also hectares of land available for rent at #5,000 naira per year in Oyo and Osun.
We also stock all your needed farming chemicals, seedlings and supplies at wholesale price directly from the companies.
We also stock fish feed, Poultry feed, Snail feed, Dog feed and Rabbit feed. We deliver our services nation wide And also help to Set up Earthen and Concrete Fish Pond, Poultry farm, Snail farm structure you can reach us via our contacts.
Our Services cut across Laboratory Services, Feed Ingredients Sales, Human Nutrition and Health (Vitamins and Minerals Mixture Division), Livestock Agro & Consultancy Services, Feasibility report writing, Farm management in all areas of agriculture, Farm Audit, Admin and Marketing, Entrepreneurship Coaching On Start Up Business in the Areas of Agriculture, Farm Supplies, Chemicals and Seedlings, Travel Services IATA approved, and Importation of Industrial and Processing Machines.

We believe that Success is about partnership & integrity protection. With our team of experienced expert professionals to include agriculture experts, engineers, accountant, auditors, and lawyers. We also help to procure land to site your farm, help you set it up, farm produce marketing and also help to recruit ideal farm management staff only on request and also proffer farm training solutions, we also help you with the Corporate Affairs Commission (C.A.C) registration and Federal Inland Revenue Matters to ensure all your papers are updated to include your account books and Tax matters without harassment from government agencies. we have our offices in Osun, Ondo and Affiliates in Lagos with more prospect of expansion for presence in other states. We are ready to render our services to any state of your choice. We welcome healthy partnership as much as we enjoy a handful of referrals therefore protecting our good name and integrity is our top priority. www.greenharrisburg..co.ke
I heard its supposed to be 2500 suckers on a hectare. Please clarify
Re: Cost Analysis For a 10 Hectares of Cocoa, Watermelon and Plantain Plantation by ikpons477(m): 4:35pm On Sep 03, 2016
Gud day naira landers.am a bigginer in farming and I intend to add plantain plantation to the farm planned I have purpose,...Please, I wish to know the cost of starting with two acter, how profitable is it,what are the challenges that will like comes to the way of a bigginer, and how many time a year plantain can be harvested.....PLEASE I NEED YOUR COUNCEL MY DEAREST EXPERIENCE FARMER.THANKS
Re: Cost Analysis For a 10 Hectares of Cocoa, Watermelon and Plantain Plantation by mtngloetiartel: 5:39pm On Sep 03, 2016
world1:

My question No 1:- What is ideal spacing?
a da fun o!
Re: Cost Analysis For a 10 Hectares of Cocoa, Watermelon and Plantain Plantation by Mattin(m): 9:35pm On Oct 09, 2016
Ade3000yrs:

Mr Ade3000yrs, kindly ignore any element that is trying to talk you down on this forum. All 'they' do is post irrelevant and braggadocios content that has never solved the immediate need of upcoming farmers. I just stumbled on your posts and all I can say is that I got exactly what I've been searching all this while.
Your calculations may not be 100 percent accurate and some vital information may be left out though BUT the fact remains that your cost analyses on agribusiness are an eye opener for me and the rest who care to keep their peace on the forum.
Keep the good work brother and ignore 'bad belle'
We are behind you sir

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos Empowers 190 Youths, Women In Fish Cage Culture / Pawpaw Hybrid Seed For Planting? / Quality Poultry layer Cage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.