Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,827 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:42 AM

Swiftkey Might Have Displayed Your Email Address And Phone Numbers To Others - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Swiftkey Might Have Displayed Your Email Address And Phone Numbers To Others (12749 Views)

Why're Telcos Converting Foreign Phone Numbers To 080 Without Users' Consent? / Are You Using Swiftkey Keyboard? Come In Lets Have Fun!!! / Microsoft Buys Swiftkey For $250 Million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Swiftkey Might Have Displayed Your Email Address And Phone Numbers To Others by dogstyle007(m): 11:48pm On Aug 02, 2016
Swiftkey is said to be the most widely used third-party keyboard on the Android OS, and the presence of it on iOS has been quite strong. The in-app synchronization feature allows you to access words which you have saved to the dictionary on a different device, though this feature seems to have been a major concern to users lately. Numerous users of the Swiftkey keyboard have complained of seeing strange and unknown numbers, email addresses in the keyboard’s word suggestions.

https://twitter.com/coolstarorg/status/758465196604002304

According to a recent post by The Telegraph, a Redditor who just restored their phone had complained of seeing some suggestions in German and strange email addresses. Another report also states that Swiftkey has been unable to sync users data lately.

Swiftkey is currently working on this issue, and this is the reason why the sync feature has been disabled for a couple of days now. According to a recent comment by the company’s spokesperson:

Recently, a limited number of our customers noticed unexpected words pre-populating when typing on their mobile phone. We have temporarily disabled the cloud sync service while we resolve the issue.

Swiftkey was a company that was started by 3 graduates and was later acquired by Microsoft earlier this year in a $250 million deal.

Source >> http://www.johnboscoville.com/2016/07/30/swiftkey-flaw-synchronization/
Re: Swiftkey Might Have Displayed Your Email Address And Phone Numbers To Others by Mynd44: 6:54am On Aug 03, 2016
Who Swfitkey don epp? Abeg, AI is a lot more functional.

The clipboard is just divine

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Swiftkey Might Have Displayed Your Email Address And Phone Numbers To Others by ladyF(f): 6:56am On Aug 03, 2016
So na where all these scam mails dey come from. Who else gets mail from Mr. Ikemba? The guy don disturb me tire angry

It's [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

34 Likes

Re: Swiftkey Might Have Displayed Your Email Address And Phone Numbers To Others by Readonee35L(m): 6:56am On Aug 03, 2016
I Use My Stock Android Keyboard Always .
Google Keyboard Or Touch wiz

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Swiftkey Might Have Displayed Your Email Address And Phone Numbers To Others by herzern(m): 6:56am On Aug 03, 2016
cool
Re: Swiftkey Might Have Displayed Your Email Address And Phone Numbers To Others by Samexdx(m): 6:56am On Aug 03, 2016
Who swiftkey epp?.
Re: Swiftkey Might Have Displayed Your Email Address And Phone Numbers To Others by CzarRex: 6:56am On Aug 03, 2016
I don't even use it, for me its sh.it

I prefer my default android keyboard or Go keyboard
Re: Swiftkey Might Have Displayed Your Email Address And Phone Numbers To Others by Anoruo(m): 6:57am On Aug 03, 2016
Alright
Re: Swiftkey Might Have Displayed Your Email Address And Phone Numbers To Others by Adex097: 6:57am On Aug 03, 2016
I care less undecided
Re: Swiftkey Might Have Displayed Your Email Address And Phone Numbers To Others by Qunlexus4u(m): 6:57am On Aug 03, 2016
lipsrsealed
Re: Swiftkey Might Have Displayed Your Email Address And Phone Numbers To Others by Feranchek(m): 6:58am On Aug 03, 2016
Na too much effizy dey kee una. I so much hate that keyboar . Most people that use Samsung like me (especially the notes and s series), will hardly find this swift keyboard interesting. Na mostly those tekino and other pomo phone users go dey find this yeye keyboard undecided

2 Likes

Re: Swiftkey Might Have Displayed Your Email Address And Phone Numbers To Others by coalcoal1(m): 6:58am On Aug 03, 2016
ok
Re: Swiftkey Might Have Displayed Your Email Address And Phone Numbers To Others by bastien: 6:58am On Aug 03, 2016
Weitin concern me? Them dey use number collect money for bank
Re: Swiftkey Might Have Displayed Your Email Address And Phone Numbers To Others by zzzzy: 6:58am On Aug 03, 2016
Well, i don't even sync my data
Re: Swiftkey Might Have Displayed Your Email Address And Phone Numbers To Others by klepe500: 6:58am On Aug 03, 2016
K
Re: Swiftkey Might Have Displayed Your Email Address And Phone Numbers To Others by masterP042(m): 6:59am On Aug 03, 2016
Rocking my Nokia tdictionary prediction on my Nokia torch Wetin be swift key?
Re: Swiftkey Might Have Displayed Your Email Address And Phone Numbers To Others by anabellabul(f): 7:00am On Aug 03, 2016
I really do not find that keyboard nice. I'm a Samsung freak and believe it when I say "Samsung has got it all!" The keyboard is awesome. People just like too much effizy wey no make sense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Swiftkey Might Have Displayed Your Email Address And Phone Numbers To Others by ITbomb(m): 7:01am On Aug 03, 2016
Lol

This is just one of the ways smartphone is smarter than most people.

Once I get any app, first thing I disable is crash reporting and auto sync or cloud backup.
I am more of a 20th century techie, I prefer my data in my local system. I still don't understand the extent of what they do with cloud data

3 Likes

Re: Swiftkey Might Have Displayed Your Email Address And Phone Numbers To Others by Mememan: 7:05am On Aug 03, 2016
undecided
Re: Swiftkey Might Have Displayed Your Email Address And Phone Numbers To Others by faruz: 7:06am On Aug 03, 2016
.what is swift key

e fit work untop nokia c1
Re: Swiftkey Might Have Displayed Your Email Address And Phone Numbers To Others by Nobody: 7:06am On Aug 03, 2016
This news is not far from the truth. The worst now is this their shutting down and rebooting that is draining batteries now

1 Like

Re: Swiftkey Might Have Displayed Your Email Address And Phone Numbers To Others by Durst: 7:07am On Aug 03, 2016
Go keyboard is way better.
Re: Swiftkey Might Have Displayed Your Email Address And Phone Numbers To Others by okikiosibodu(m): 7:08am On Aug 03, 2016
And swift key is my best android keyboard o. Its masters your writing pattern and then suggest them to you when typing. But as dem no protect our privacy, we suppose sue dem, make we "hama" o. Who go help us? I think I will port to the second best (Go Keyboard). And if person talk sey e wan use speech to text feature for him phone, the phone no dey understand person's accent. Na so so rubbish e go dey type. Na annoyance go make you cancel am con type am yourself.
LadyF, I double sight you *salutes*

2 Likes

Re: Swiftkey Might Have Displayed Your Email Address And Phone Numbers To Others by BE811APP: 7:10am On Aug 03, 2016
Nothing seems secured dis days..

even truecaller doesnt protect ur information.. so what is it

Me d thing wey dey vex me more na when bloggers get ur email address...

They will be sending annoying mails.. Like tori.com that steals 90% of his stuffs from nairaland front page angry

2 Likes

Re: Swiftkey Might Have Displayed Your Email Address And Phone Numbers To Others by royalharry(m): 7:10am On Aug 03, 2016
Ikemba the enlargement and sex power guy. He can so worry for the world
ladyF:
So na where all these snap mails dey come from. Who else gets mail from Mr. Ikemba? The guy don disturb me tire angry

2 Likes

Re: Swiftkey Might Have Displayed Your Email Address And Phone Numbers To Others by worlexy(m): 7:16am On Aug 03, 2016
Technology and its many flaws
Re: Swiftkey Might Have Displayed Your Email Address And Phone Numbers To Others by wordproof: 7:17am On Aug 03, 2016
What
Re: Swiftkey Might Have Displayed Your Email Address And Phone Numbers To Others by OgidiOlu3(m): 7:17am On Aug 03, 2016
ladyF:
So na where all these snap mails dey come from. Who else gets mail from Mr. Ikemba? The guy don disturb me tire angry

Me sef grin
Re: Swiftkey Might Have Displayed Your Email Address And Phone Numbers To Others by Nobody: 7:22am On Aug 03, 2016
TouchPal ooo

1 Like

Re: Swiftkey Might Have Displayed Your Email Address And Phone Numbers To Others by HtwoOw: 7:23am On Aug 03, 2016
hahahahahaha
Re: Swiftkey Might Have Displayed Your Email Address And Phone Numbers To Others by Nobody: 7:31am On Aug 03, 2016
Mynd44:
Who Swfitkey don epp? Abeg, [b]AI [/b]is a lot more functional.

The clipboard is just divine

Which one is Al? Can u write in full?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is A Blackberry Better? / Browse On Your Blackberry Phone. Without Bis / Airtime Recharge Codes For All Banks In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.