Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,833 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:41 PM

Amaechi: Okonjo-iweala Begged Me Not To Say The Country Is Broke - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi: Okonjo-iweala Begged Me Not To Say The Country Is Broke (25440 Views)

Video: Former President Jonathan Is Broke EX-PDP Youth Leader Deji / Okonjo-iweala Begged Me Not To Say Nigeria Was Broke –amaechi / Wali Begged Me To Share N950m In My House- Shekarau (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amaechi: Okonjo-iweala Begged Me Not To Say The Country Is Broke by yjgm(m): 6:37am On Aug 03, 2016
Rotimi Amaechi, minister of transportation, has alleged that Nigeria went into recession under former President Goodluck Jonathan but that the government only covered it up by saying it was cash-strapped.

The minister, who spoke on The Osasu Show, said Okonjo-Iweala begged him to stop saying Nigeria was broke at the time.

Amaechi, who was then the chairman of Nigerian Governors Forum (NGF), said the economy went into a recession due to excessive borrowing.

When asked about the recession of the Nigerian economy, Amaechi said: “People just pick up words without knowing what words mean. Even under Goodluck we went into recession”.

“I am one of those who participated in the budget. We looked at what happened in the past and we discovered that actually if recession means three times (three quarters of negative economic growth), we have done more than the three times before we came in,” he said.

“The difference is that while our government is transparent and open, we are able to admit that, federal government was saying even to me as chairman of governor’s forum, ‘Amaechi, don’t say that again’.

“If you remember as Governor, I said we’re broke. The minister for finance came to my office in Abuja here and pleaded with me that I shouldn’t say it again.

“That if I said it, it would affect Nigeria in terms of investment that investors will run away. That I shouldn’t say we are broke. I should say we are cashed strapped. That was what Ngozi Okonjo Iweala told me.”

“So I knew as chairman of Governor’s forum, that we had gone into recession under Goodluck. I knew as chairman of governor’s forum. And when I open my mouth to say it, that we are broke, she spoke to me not to say it.”

AMAECHI: WE GENERATED 7,000 MEGAWATTS BEFORE AVENGERS STARTED BOMBING

When asked about the promises of the President Muhammadu Buhari-led administration on power, Amaechi said the ministry of power already pushed generation to 7,000 megawatts.

“Don’t forget that until these so-called Avengers began to bomb, we had got to 7,000 megawatts, and what he promised was ten at the end of the first term,” he said.

“By the time the avengers, or whatever they call them started bombing, the minister of power, had driven the thing to 7,000 megawatts. Unfortunately, they began to hit the gas facilities, so what would you do?”

In the full interview, which would be aired on AIT by Friday morning (9am), Amaechi said the Abuja-Kaduna rail line will create 779 jobs for Nigerians.

https://www.thecable.ng/amaechi-recession-jonathan-covered

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Amaechi: Okonjo-iweala Begged Me Not To Say The Country Is Broke by sCun: 6:42am On Aug 03, 2016
Childish rubbish.

Nigerians should judge which one actually feels like recession. Definitely not then

240 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Amaechi: Okonjo-iweala Begged Me Not To Say The Country Is Broke by VictorRomanov: 6:42am On Aug 03, 2016
Have the investors not run away now?

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Amaechi: Okonjo-iweala Begged Me Not To Say The Country Is Broke by bonechamberlain(m): 6:43am On Aug 03, 2016
Under good luck we went into recession, but the suffering wasn't this high.

95 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Amaechi: Okonjo-iweala Begged Me Not To Say The Country Is Broke by Montaque(m): 6:44am On Aug 03, 2016
Look at this man.
She also told buhari not to get us out out of this economic quagmire, after 15months of his idle leadership?

150 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Amaechi: Okonjo-iweala Begged Me Not To Say The Country Is Broke by promqueen247(f): 6:44am On Aug 03, 2016
They almost mean the same thing, Broke but not flat broke means cash strapped. So. She only came to your office to teach you English.

146 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Amaechi: Okonjo-iweala Begged Me Not To Say The Country Is Broke by Nobody: 6:46am On Aug 03, 2016
APC and lies...

165 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Amaechi: Okonjo-iweala Begged Me Not To Say The Country Is Broke by 1shortblackboy: 6:47am On Aug 03, 2016
ameachi is a career politician. i don't believe politicians undecided

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi: Okonjo-iweala Begged Me Not To Say The Country Is Broke by Nobody: 6:48am On Aug 03, 2016
Buhari do something Nigerians are suffering

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi: Okonjo-iweala Begged Me Not To Say The Country Is Broke by Trut(m): 6:48am On Aug 03, 2016
Lubbish rant

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: Okonjo-iweala Begged Me Not To Say The Country Is Broke by BossKratos: 6:49am On Aug 03, 2016
angry Who cares?

Or we should now go and flog okonjo?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: Okonjo-iweala Begged Me Not To Say The Country Is Broke by gidson12(m): 6:53am On Aug 03, 2016
chai see big lie.......dont worry Okonjo Iweala will reply you soon

92 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Amaechi: Okonjo-iweala Begged Me Not To Say The Country Is Broke by fizzy4luv(m): 6:55am On Aug 03, 2016
I want to believe you are saying the truth, which means that the woman managed the situation more professionally than the present kemi Adeosun. Even World biggest economy is heavily indebted. Jonathan paraded Ministers that were more capable of giving us a leverage among comity of Nations, he was just too soft on them and gave some too much free hand thus allowing corruption to strive

142 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Amaechi: Okonjo-iweala Begged Me Not To Say The Country Is Broke by Nobody: 6:57am On Aug 03, 2016
This is just mere propaganda from Judas. He should come out with an evidence which shows that Okonjo Iweala begged him if not, #Idon'tbelievehim.

79 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Amaechi: Okonjo-iweala Begged Me Not To Say The Country Is Broke by Abeymills(m): 6:58am On Aug 03, 2016
The lizard of ubima traitor ametif bubuhari atm shameless man defending thier incompetence yeye govt

101 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Amaechi: Okonjo-iweala Begged Me Not To Say The Country Is Broke by dadebayo1(m): 6:59am On Aug 03, 2016
Baba leave okonjo matter in the past... Tell us the present situation of things... One chance people

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Amaechi: Okonjo-iweala Begged Me Not To Say The Country Is Broke by kernel501: 7:21am On Aug 03, 2016
Sir, feel free to tell us the state of our economy now. Having two negative successive financial report is called what? Abi Buhari dey beg you too?

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Amaechi: Okonjo-iweala Begged Me Not To Say The Country Is Broke by mightyhaze: 7:27am On Aug 03, 2016
Montaque:
Look at this man.
man ke!

Amaechi looks like a man 2 u?

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi: Okonjo-iweala Begged Me Not To Say The Country Is Broke by limeta(f): 7:28am On Aug 03, 2016
Say something any thing
about northern politicians
about south west politicians
Always ss/se
Who send you

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi: Okonjo-iweala Begged Me Not To Say The Country Is Broke by MadeInTokyo: 7:29am On Aug 03, 2016
grin grin grin
Amaechi's madness has Started again.

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Amaechi: Okonjo-iweala Begged Me Not To Say The Country Is Broke by Nobody: 7:35am On Aug 03, 2016
Mumu, is she still begging you not to say we are broke or is it Aunty Kemi who is begging you this time around?
If we were in recession then, what then could we say we're in now?
I think we can say we've hit rock bottom. Anuofia, Ode oshi, Ebot.

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Amaechi: Okonjo-iweala Begged Me Not To Say The Country Is Broke by HtwoOw: 7:37am On Aug 03, 2016
Damn

wailers whatsup??

Reasonable people knew when Nigeria got broke , That was before presidential election campaigns, just around the time Jonathan Reduced Osun's state allocation from 4.2 Billion to 1.2 Billion and for 6 months Osun workers didn't get any salaries

They shared more money than Nigeria can ever make !

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: Okonjo-iweala Begged Me Not To Say The Country Is Broke by nabiz(m): 7:37am On Aug 03, 2016
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: Okonjo-iweala Begged Me Not To Say The Country Is Broke by Dmano: 7:45am On Aug 03, 2016
When they were lieying dat d econony was growing only on paper dat nigerian were not feeling it but now on paper it is red,spot d different now?propaganda can only take u 2 d top but cant sustain u.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi: Okonjo-iweala Begged Me Not To Say The Country Is Broke by MadeInTokyo: 7:58am On Aug 03, 2016
HtwoOw:
Damn

wailers whatsup??

Reasonable people knew when Nigeria got broke , That was before presidential election campaigns, just around the time Jonathan Reduced Osun's state allocation from 4.2 Billion to 1.2 Billion and for 6 months Osun workers didn't get any salaries

They shared more money than Nigeria can ever make !

The Zombies have arrived

116 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Amaechi: Okonjo-iweala Begged Me Not To Say The Country Is Broke by HtwoOw: 8:04am On Aug 03, 2016
The faking wailers have marked attendance

Made in Tokyo

So inferior
MadeInTokyo:

The Zombies have arrived

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: Okonjo-iweala Begged Me Not To Say The Country Is Broke by allanphash7(m): 8:32am On Aug 03, 2016
Anything is possible
Re: Amaechi: Okonjo-iweala Begged Me Not To Say The Country Is Broke by WOCKHARDI(m): 8:32am On Aug 03, 2016
The feelers one is getting is that there is a deliberate plan to keep us permanently angry with the past, as a way of diverting our attention from our present -and possibly forget that we have a future to secure.
I won't even want Okonjo Iweala to bother replying to this propagandist.

49 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Amaechi: Okonjo-iweala Begged Me Not To Say The Country Is Broke by NameChecker: 8:33am On Aug 03, 2016
Really?
Re: Amaechi: Okonjo-iweala Begged Me Not To Say The Country Is Broke by MadCow1: 8:33am On Aug 03, 2016
We know o!

Nigeria is a broke country because rich Countries dont borrow Money from IMF and World Bank and China.. grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Breakdown Of Buhari’s Travels Since He Assumed Office Revealed / Prof Awuzie: Why Tinubu’s Billions Can’t Help Him To Be President In 2023 / My Defection To APC Is Not Finance-Related - Femi Fani-Kayode To Seun Okinbaloye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.