Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,477 members, 7,801,204 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:22 PM

These 10 Things On Your CV Could Be The Reason You’re Not Getting Hired - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / These 10 Things On Your CV Could Be The Reason You’re Not Getting Hired (35937 Views)

Applicant Tracking System: A Possible Reason You’re Still Unemployed / 12 Reasons You’re Not Getting Job Offers (Even Though You’re 100% Qualified) / These 10 Things On Your CV COULD Be The Reason You’re Not Getting Hired (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: These 10 Things On Your CV Could Be The Reason You’re Not Getting Hired by herzern(m): 7:00am On Aug 06, 2016
undecided undecided
Re: These 10 Things On Your CV Could Be The Reason You’re Not Getting Hired by Ayoswit(f): 7:00am On Aug 06, 2016
k
Re: These 10 Things On Your CV Could Be The Reason You’re Not Getting Hired by Teejayphillip(m): 7:03am On Aug 06, 2016
Very innovative.. Thank u
Re: These 10 Things On Your CV Could Be The Reason You’re Not Getting Hired by Gboliwe: 7:06am On Aug 06, 2016
Eddodoh:
If I include only related work experience. What happens to the gap created on my employment history, or assuming I held the position earlier in my career but currently in a different field or role, how do I sell myself?

Cc: Adewumiopeyemi
Re: These 10 Things On Your CV Could Be The Reason You’re Not Getting Hired by Trunaijian: 7:12am On Aug 06, 2016
nice one.
But Age is important. Nobody wants to hire a 50 year old man for a 25 year old job or vice versa.

1 Like

Re: These 10 Things On Your CV Could Be The Reason You’re Not Getting Hired by biz9ja(m): 7:15am On Aug 06, 2016
Nice write up......
Re: These 10 Things On Your CV Could Be The Reason You’re Not Getting Hired by addizzle(f): 7:17am On Aug 06, 2016
UFOMZY:
Plz I want to know educate me....do you review or edit your CV in different jobs u are applying for......can u use one CV for all?
No u can't cos wen writing u gah to change ur Hobbies to suit d position u wanna apply for... for instance ur hobby while writing for the position of a Customer Rep should be Meeting new people n ur Hobby for a Marketer can either be Researching n Meeting People
Re: These 10 Things On Your CV Could Be The Reason You’re Not Getting Hired by blissfulangel(m): 7:20am On Aug 06, 2016
Nice
Re: These 10 Things On Your CV Could Be The Reason You’re Not Getting Hired by slap1(m): 7:23am On Aug 06, 2016
Una no dey tire for these CV writing tips? Will a 'good' CV create jobs where there is none? undecided

4 Likes

Re: These 10 Things On Your CV Could Be The Reason You’re Not Getting Hired by davesd: 7:34am On Aug 06, 2016
which means my cv follows the new trend. Waiting for job recruitment in anticipation as the administration proceeds.
Re: These 10 Things On Your CV Could Be The Reason You’re Not Getting Hired by donhils: 7:38am On Aug 06, 2016
Good. May God help all job seekers especially in this hard economy. Amen

1 Like

Re: These 10 Things On Your CV Could Be The Reason You’re Not Getting Hired by careercrew1: 7:40am On Aug 06, 2016
Nice one OP.

@All, always ensure to update your CV even when employed.

Visit www.careercrew..com.ng/2016/06/why-you-should-always-update-your-cv.html?m=0
for more information.

You can check my NL profile for my twitter handle and follow me on twitter for more info on career development and advice. .I follow back too.
Re: These 10 Things On Your CV Could Be The Reason You’re Not Getting Hired by Originalsly: 7:44am On Aug 06, 2016
Educative thread....of all the other CV tips thread... this is the first I've seen with examples . A picture is better than a thousand words.
Re: These 10 Things On Your CV Could Be The Reason You’re Not Getting Hired by Tkayhandsome(m): 7:45am On Aug 06, 2016
There is nothing like a unique CV. If a person can be employed without even a CV, then a CV does little or nothing.

Put God first
Make it brief
Depend solely on God
Soon you'll land yourself a job.

Good luck to us all.

1 Like

Re: These 10 Things On Your CV Could Be The Reason You’re Not Getting Hired by salbis(m): 7:47am On Aug 06, 2016
Eddodoh:

Use ur highest academic qualification. No need including everything from ur Kindergarten, Nursery, Primary, Secondary and BSC/HND.

If BSC/HND is ur highest academic qualification, no need including Secondary Sch & Primary Sch.

It's a waste of space for valuable information. Unless, otherwise requested.
What if M.Sc is my highest academic qualification, I shouldn't include my B.Tech, B.Sc or HND abi?
Re: These 10 Things On Your CV Could Be The Reason You’re Not Getting Hired by folyboy2013: 7:51am On Aug 06, 2016
I design the two Cv

Re: These 10 Things On Your CV Could Be The Reason You’re Not Getting Hired by eph12(m): 7:57am On Aug 06, 2016
adewumiopeyemi:
2. Education Background
If you are a university graduate or have a college diploma then you do not need to include all your other education details. Your university degree is your highest level of education and that’s all that matters. If you are yet to graduate, you can include both the secondary school and the university where you’re currently enrolled and for which course.

I once went for an interview and my interviewer was not pleased I didn't add my o'level
Re: These 10 Things On Your CV Could Be The Reason You’re Not Getting Hired by Nobody: 7:58am On Aug 06, 2016
adewumiopeyemi:
These 10 Things On Your CV Could Be The Reason You’re Not Getting Hired Coming up with a well written, concise CV is one of the hardest tasks ever.
HR Managers and recruiting officers have thousands of CVs to go through. Therefore, your CV can be disqualified simply because of small mistakes here and there and maybe, just maybe, that is why you are not getting call backs from potential employers.cc lasticala

Did you say no one cares about age? From my little experience working in an human capacity consulting firm, ages in Nigeria is important

Here’s how to come up with the perfect CV: 1. Unnecessary personal information
Anything besides your name, email address and contact information should not be included on your CV. Details such as your tribe, age, height, weight and religion are minor details that no one cares about.
Re: These 10 Things On Your CV Could Be The Reason You’re Not Getting Hired by Nobody: 8:00am On Aug 06, 2016
I have over 50 different CV format , I get invites 89% of the application, although I don't apply to every job I see. But finally who CV epp
Re: These 10 Things On Your CV Could Be The Reason You’re Not Getting Hired by MyNose: 8:09am On Aug 06, 2016
tobex23:

Yes, you are allowed sir.. cheesy
Thank you very much sir....
How can one vote?
Re: These 10 Things On Your CV Could Be The Reason You’re Not Getting Hired by DatAkokite(m): 8:15am On Aug 06, 2016
MyNose:

How can one vote?

The person you quoted got banned, so he referred me to you.

How to vote:

Go to: https://www.nairaland.com/3271417/mr-nairaland-2016-grand-finale#48227310

Then copy the coloured and paste in the link above:

I vote photoshoot cc NLJega

Time: 10am - 6pm
Date: 06/08/2016(Today)

There you have it you have also joined in making a difference. TeamPhotoshoot says thank you.
Re: These 10 Things On Your CV Could Be The Reason You’re Not Getting Hired by stanisbaratheon: 8:20am On Aug 06, 2016
adewumiopeyemi:
These 10 Things On Your CV Could Be The Reason You’re Not Getting Hired Coming up with a well written, concise CV is one of the hardest tasks ever.
HR Managers and recruiting officers have thousands of CVs to go through. Therefore, your CV can be disqualified simply because of small mistakes here and there and maybe, just maybe, that is why you are not getting call backs from potential employers.cc lasticala

Anything besides your name, email address and contact information should not be included on your CV. Details such as your tribe, age, height, weight and religion are minor details that no one cares about.

please post a sample of a CV you've designed.
Re: These 10 Things On Your CV Could Be The Reason You’re Not Getting Hired by stanisbaratheon: 8:22am On Aug 06, 2016
folyboy2013:
I design the two Cv
they look cool. When did you design those??
Re: These 10 Things On Your CV Could Be The Reason You’re Not Getting Hired by Badfinga: 8:25am On Aug 06, 2016
Is it necessary to include referees on your CV?
Re: These 10 Things On Your CV Could Be The Reason You’re Not Getting Hired by folyboy2013: 8:25am On Aug 06, 2016
stanisbaratheon:

they look cool. When did you design those??
few months
Re: These 10 Things On Your CV Could Be The Reason You’re Not Getting Hired by stanisbaratheon: 8:33am On Aug 06, 2016
folyboy2013:
few months
okay cool
Re: These 10 Things On Your CV Could Be The Reason You’re Not Getting Hired by Emeka71(m): 8:38am On Aug 06, 2016
Good points.
Re: These 10 Things On Your CV Could Be The Reason You’re Not Getting Hired by Nobody: 8:44am On Aug 06, 2016
adewumiopeyemi:

Thanks so much for this piece. Please can you help in posting some images on how a good CV should look like on here. I'm presently working on my CV and wanna get it right. Thanks
Re: These 10 Things On Your CV Could Be The Reason You’re Not Getting Hired by tochivitus(m): 9:05am On Aug 06, 2016
smooth... This is educative and informative... salute wink
Re: These 10 Things On Your CV Could Be The Reason You’re Not Getting Hired by giantkiller: 9:14am On Aug 06, 2016
[color=#006600][/color]nice one bro, well done. I'm editing my CV right away.
Re: These 10 Things On Your CV Could Be The Reason You’re Not Getting Hired by saintkeppy(m): 9:34am On Aug 06, 2016
Eddodoh:

Use ur highest academic qualification. No need including everything from ur Kindergarten, Nursery, Primary, Secondary and BSC/HND.

If BSC/HND is ur highest academic qualification, no need including Secondary Sch & Primary Sch.

It's a waste of space for valuable information. Unless, otherwise requested.
. Sorry, i want to know if its necessary not to present ur primary, secondary certs since it wasnt included in the CV proper. This point is somehow, some organization/companies would want to know ur Educational history/progression in details. And note they uses ur primary school cert. to acertain ur age u used in ur CV, cos some employee do lie a lot about their age.

E.g i have a friend that claimed 1987 as date of birth &he obtained his FSLC in 1994, meaning he finished his primary school at age 7 (this is not possible) in the Nigerian 6-3-3-4 Educational system.
Atleast 10yrs is ok for FSLC.
This is what Govt use in screening applicants out in any recruitment process except you used connection to get the job.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

N-Power Announces Enrolment Process For Batch C / WAEC Coordination Thursday, May 25, 2017 / Keystone Bank Entry Level Salary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.