Stats: 3,148,508 members, 7,801,339 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:01 PM

Growing Watermelon In Sacks - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Growing Watermelon In Sacks (33977 Views)

How You Can Make Real Money From Growing Watermelon From Any Part Of Nigeria / Marketability Of Watermelon In Kwara / Photos From My Small Watermelon Farm (2) (3) (4)

Re: Growing Watermelon In Sacks by faithalone(m): 1:22pm On Aug 23, 2016
Pls I need the hybrid watermelon seeds to plant in a week time, where can I get it?
Re: Growing Watermelon In Sacks by pamdaniel(m): 3:26pm On Aug 23, 2016
Iphe56:
I'm glad my post made front page.... I'm not yet a full time farmer but.... I am a student of Bowen university animal science..... I'm planning to get cucumber seed but I don't know where to get it in Ibadan.... I'm also doing a research on plantain tissue culture. And it's doing very well
whatsapp Me let me get u connected to where u can get muranof1 cucumber specie in ibadan
Re: Growing Watermelon In Sacks by pamdaniel(m): 3:27pm On Aug 23, 2016
faithalone:
Pls I need the hybrid watermelon seeds to plant in a week time, where can I get it?
there are different hybrid specie... which one are u looking for
Re: Growing Watermelon In Sacks by Iphe56: 4:01pm On Aug 23, 2016
Dis is D seed I used

Re: Growing Watermelon In Sacks by Iphe56: 4:04pm On Aug 23, 2016
pamdaniel:
watermelon farming is very lucrative... September is the best time to go into farming water melon, from a plot u can make a maximum of 450k minimum of 250k and at least 180k if u know how to venture into it. don't burn ur fingers if u are not sure of what u are doing. watermelon farming has itz secret. pest control strategy, foliar spray and disease control all this u have to learn b4 venturing into it... where to get hybrid verities also u have to be informed on the proper seeds to plant and at what season... for more inquiries whatsapp me@08068018201. u can also whatspp or call if u would love to Get Step to step e-book guide with pictures and chemical applications needed. for the e-book call or whatsapp me @08068018201
where can I....U didn't drop Ur whatsapp number
Re: Growing Watermelon In Sacks by Ralphdan(m): 5:09pm On Aug 23, 2016
adepiero:
What part of the water melon needs to be planted? I tried the seeds but nothing grew

grin grin grin ;
Your village people @work
Re: Growing Watermelon In Sacks by obstead200(m): 7:04pm On Aug 23, 2016
Iphe56:
I'm in Ibadan.... I planted around July 15 and it has started fruiting
cos I am in owerri. I did an experimental watermelon farm and it failed. Diseases destroyed the plants but I learnt some lessons. I will replant by end of October.
My cucumbers did very well Sha.
Re: Growing Watermelon In Sacks by Pavore9: 7:07pm On Aug 23, 2016
obstead200:
cos I am in owerri. I did an experimental watermelon farm and it failed. Diseases destroyed the plants but I learnt some lessons. I will replant by end of October.

You are now informing us that your cucumbers did well, after you have probably finished consuming it! cheesy
Re: Growing Watermelon In Sacks by pamdaniel(m): 11:05pm On Aug 23, 2016
obstead200:
what chemicals where u using to control pest and watermelon diseases? this is the part and secret water melon gurus would Neva give u for free... u can whatsapp me for an e-book that would help u with that...08068018201 going back in October with out that knowledge would still end up burning ur fingers... wish u the best sir
Re: Growing Watermelon In Sacks by donnie(m): 1:32am On Aug 24, 2016
Iphe56:
Watermelon can be grown in sack
... and from the pictures, you will notice the watermelon in the sack is growing better than the one on the soil which were planted on the same day.

Op from which pictures? From what I see, the ones on the ground look better.

I tried growing water melons in July. I saw then sprout after about 5 days. Traveled for two weeks and came back to see nothing. We had rainfall while I was away. At a point, I even suspected one of our security men of removing them. Still wondering what happened.
Re: Growing Watermelon In Sacks by obstead200(m): 12:30pm On Aug 24, 2016
pamdaniel:
what chemicals where u using to control pest and watermelon diseases? this is the part and secret water melon gurus would Neva give u for free... u can whatsapp me for an e-book that would help u with that...08068018201 going back in October with out that knowledge would still end up burning ur fingers... wish u the best sir
if u can't share ur knowledge here free of charge, then get the f.U.ck out!!

Which yeye ebook do u want me to buy? Why can't u come to owerri, use my resources and plant that watermelon for me? If the yield is successful, I will pay u 10times the cost of that ebook.
Re: Growing Watermelon In Sacks by pamdaniel(m): 12:56pm On Aug 24, 2016
obstead200:
if u can't share ur knowledge here free of charge, then get the f.U.ck out!!

Which yeye ebook do u want me to buy? Why can't u come to owerri, use my resources and plant that watermelon for me? If the yield is successful, I will pay u 10times the cost of that ebook.
sorry if I offended. good luck sir
Re: Growing Watermelon In Sacks by freeukline(f): 2:29am On Jan 17, 2017
giftedheart1:
anybody that says that Nigeria no go resolve to farming... I reserve my comment.
God created this country for farming!!

I concur!

Broiler Feed Finisher Formula For Poultry Farmers / The best Tarpaulin Fish Ponds for sale in Nigeria / Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here