Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,719 members, 7,805,962 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:14 AM

First It Was Sane And Now Gabriel, Is Iheanacho Still Part Of Guardiola's Plans? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / First It Was Sane And Now Gabriel, Is Iheanacho Still Part Of Guardiola's Plans? (806 Views)

Man City Hammer Arsenal To Win First Trophy Of Guardiola Era / 11 Photos Mancity Fans Will Relate To Since The Coming Of Guardiola / Arrival Of Guardiola Could Spell The End Of Kelechi Iheanacho Career At Man City (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

First It Was Sane And Now Gabriel, Is Iheanacho Still Part Of Guardiola's Plans? by Simongoals(m): 10:01pm On Aug 03, 2016
In the midst of the despair and disappointment which capped Manchester City's campaign last season, there were two uplifting thoughts which pervaded the minds of City fans.

First, the impending arrival of Pep Guardiola and secondly, the meteoric rise of 20-year old Kelechi Iheanacho, considered by many as City's star for the future. An even greater number of persons believed that the potential union between Guardiola, "football's best manager", and Iheanacho, City's third highest goal-scorer last season with 14 goals, would elevate the yougster to world class reckoning. But it seems that even before the stage has been set for the duo to gratify expectations, Guardiola seems to want something else.

Within the past 48 hours, Manchester City have announced the signings of 20-year old Leroy Sane from Schalke 04 for £37m and 19-old Gabriel Jesus, dubbed "the new Neymar", from Brazilian club Palmeiras for £27m, raising questions over the role of Kelechi Iheanacho.

Leroy Sane was the star of the Schalke team last season, scoring eight goals and assisting six in 33 appearances. His pace, skill and technical confidence proved menacing for Bundesliga defenders and his versatility to play effectively across the front three adds an unpredictable dimension to his game.

Guardiola confessed his admiration for Sane last season, and it is no surprise the Spaniard has snapped up the youngster.

"Sane is a huge talent", and further adding, "I can only congratulate Germany on having a talent like him", Guardiola said.

Gabriel Jesus was the subject of a hot pursuit from European heavyweights such as Real Madrid and Barcelona and it required a call from Guardiola himself to woo Gabriel over to City, thus indicating Guardiola's intent to have "the new Neymar", having previously missed out on current Barcelona forward Neymar, when he too moved from Brazil to Europe in 2013.

The intent with which Guardiola vigorously pursued deals for the duo, surely raises eyebrows regarding his perception of Iheanacho's role in his team and also clearly outlines where his preference lies.

Iheanacho, on the other hand, has to put in an enormous amount of effort, much more than he put in under former boss Manuel Pellegrini, if he is to remain the "golden boy" of the City team and upstage the big money arrivals of Sane and Gabriel.

http://www.11goals.com.ng/2016/08/is-iheanacho-still-part-of-guardiolas.html
Re: First It Was Sane And Now Gabriel, Is Iheanacho Still Part Of Guardiola's Plans? by Nobody: 10:27pm On Aug 03, 2016
Pep Guardiola has a history of working with young players that he can exert pressure on and get the best from them. I won't be surprised the likes of Navas, Fernando, Boni and any one of : YAYA TOURE, AGUERO or Silva will leave.

For Iheanacho, i think he will stay long

1 Like

Re: First It Was Sane And Now Gabriel, Is Iheanacho Still Part Of Guardiola's Plans? by Chukzyfcb(m): 10:46pm On Aug 03, 2016
Ihenancho will play. One thing I like pep for is his rotational method. everyone on the team gets playing time. I dunno gabriel but I know sane. I watched few bundesliga games at home, thanks to startimes decoder & the sane I know plays on the wing. Except pep will be ready to play 4-4-2. I dnt see how aguero will give way for ihenanncho oh!
Re: First It Was Sane And Now Gabriel, Is Iheanacho Still Part Of Guardiola's Plans? by sunny66058: 11:17pm On Aug 03, 2016
This seems interesting. I loved it thanks for sharing man.
http://www.getclashroyaleapk.com/2016/03/download-clash-royale-for-pc.html
Re: First It Was Sane And Now Gabriel, Is Iheanacho Still Part Of Guardiola's Plans? by sCun: 7:48am On Aug 04, 2016
1. Sane is not a striker.
2. Gabriel is not joining city till January.

Anything else?

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria's Ejowvokoghene Finishes 2nd Behind Usain Bolt / Why I Am Very happy that "White Hope" Dafne Schippers Was Beaten In 200m / Arsenal Loanee Kelechi Nwakali Dazzles On Full MVV Maastricht Debut

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.