Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,557 members, 7,809,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:23 PM

Debate Of The Day: Self Employed Jobs Or White Collar Jobs? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Debate Of The Day: Self Employed Jobs Or White Collar Jobs? (20458 Views)

Top 10 Lucrative Blue-collar Jobs In Nigeria To Beat Graduate Unemployment / Difference Between Blue Collar And White Collar Jobs / Top 7 Blue Collar Jobs Unemployed Nigerian Graduates Should Consider (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Debate Of The Day: Self Employed Jobs Or White Collar Jobs? by yhuti(m): 3:10am On Aug 04, 2016
Nigeria houses about 10 million unemployed youths, for these youths to make an impact in the society and help nurture Nigeria's economy, Is it better to be patient for a firm to come calling or to bring out the entrepreneurial skills in them by 'starting out small' ?

SOUNDYOURVOICE !!

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Debate Of The Day: Self Employed Jobs Or White Collar Jobs? by veekid(m): 6:26am On Aug 04, 2016
sad
I'll go with self employed, the joy of being my own boss

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Debate Of The Day: Self Employed Jobs Or White Collar Jobs? by ngmgeek(m): 6:26am On Aug 04, 2016
k
Re: Debate Of The Day: Self Employed Jobs Or White Collar Jobs? by Tintinnoty(m): 6:26am On Aug 04, 2016
You don't need a soothsayer to tell you that being self employ is far better. Which company can pay dangote, not even conglomerates can pay him. As a self employed, you're the master of yourself (#teambossoflife). You also have the opportunity of being employer of labour.

8 Likes

Re: Debate Of The Day: Self Employed Jobs Or White Collar Jobs? by ngmgeek(m): 6:26am On Aug 04, 2016
Ok
Re: Debate Of The Day: Self Employed Jobs Or White Collar Jobs? by LMohd(m): 6:26am On Aug 04, 2016
self-employment ooo
i want to be my own boss

1 Like

Re: Debate Of The Day: Self Employed Jobs Or White Collar Jobs? by fotadmowmend(m): 6:27am On Aug 04, 2016
As easy as it seems. There is nothing bad in starting small but the stigmatization and enabling economic environment which we don't have in Nigeria. God help middle class and low background Nigerian youths

6 Likes

Re: Debate Of The Day: Self Employed Jobs Or White Collar Jobs? by brownjulie(f): 6:27am On Aug 04, 2016
Self employment any day.... too lazy to work for someone grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Debate Of The Day: Self Employed Jobs Or White Collar Jobs? by SaintAlbert53: 6:28am On Aug 04, 2016
Who wouldn't like SELF employment?...Ofcourse I wanna be a master of myself and have people work under me..But whichever one God want me to start with,I no go say no...make e for no too late!
Re: Debate Of The Day: Self Employed Jobs Or White Collar Jobs? by Nobody: 6:28am On Aug 04, 2016
Starting out small involves some sort of finance. In this Buhari economy, even friends and family will tell you they don't have money to help you start out small. Very few banks give out loans to small businesses without asking for some back-breaking collateral.

Simple answer; If you have the opportunity of a white collar job, grab it. This gives you the opportunity to earn money, save prudently and most importantly garner experience. After spending some years in that job and having garnered a lot of experience and training, you will be in a better shape to set up your own business and be successful with it.

31 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Debate Of The Day: Self Employed Jobs Or White Collar Jobs? by babalonshee(m): 6:28am On Aug 04, 2016
all dope
Re: Debate Of The Day: Self Employed Jobs Or White Collar Jobs? by JayExperts: 6:28am On Aug 04, 2016
My advice to you is that you venture into a small business while in pursuit of the white collar job. The experience you will gain might be the key factor to set you apart from other applicants and get you the job.

Also, if you are hardworking and focused, I bet you after few months and you check your bank account, you'll forget about the colour of the collar and start seeking for more "profitable" collarless business.

5 Likes

Re: Debate Of The Day: Self Employed Jobs Or White Collar Jobs? by TooNoisy(f): 6:29am On Aug 04, 2016
Why wait when you can start? Please explain why you anyone should wait?

By starting your own small business you have started building a CV and a career, you will learn a lot in that small business. Even if all you did was a business plan and you marketed your services to a few people, you will be better off than someone who never did anything.

And who knows what that business can become in future? It could become something great and even if it doesn't succeed you can still apply to a job but you would have learned a lot already. Some of the richest people in the world started their businesses in their teens or early twenties.

Why sit idle?

3 Likes

Re: Debate Of The Day: Self Employed Jobs Or White Collar Jobs? by abisolaarshow(f): 6:29am On Aug 04, 2016
Both
Re: Debate Of The Day: Self Employed Jobs Or White Collar Jobs? by jazinogold(m): 6:31am On Aug 04, 2016
kk
Re: Debate Of The Day: Self Employed Jobs Or White Collar Jobs? by seunwen2(m): 6:32am On Aug 04, 2016
White Collar Job
Re: Debate Of The Day: Self Employed Jobs Or White Collar Jobs? by Benjom(m): 6:32am On Aug 04, 2016
Self employed pays more if you know what you're doing. I've never regretted my choice in this vicinity.

1 Like

Re: Debate Of The Day: Self Employed Jobs Or White Collar Jobs? by Bisjosh(f): 6:32am On Aug 04, 2016
White collar then self employment.

You need to have capital before you decide to be your own boss.

Then I feel working in a structured organisation can also help shape your mind and way of reasoning.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Debate Of The Day: Self Employed Jobs Or White Collar Jobs? by Nobody: 6:33am On Aug 04, 2016
I'll do both.

4 Likes

Re: Debate Of The Day: Self Employed Jobs Or White Collar Jobs? by EduRegard: 6:34am On Aug 04, 2016
The argument is obviously complex coupled with the fact that it doesn't have a general conclusion.

It is no news that white collar jobs are scarce in Nigeria. This has stimulated more of us to get the self-employment mentality, but the down side is that education has mostly killed our naturally creativity.

Advisably, it is always better to be a boss of your own, this will as well go a long way in helping unemployment in Nigeria, rise and get some stuff done for yourself instead of waiting for a white collar job, this is something our unemployed graduates should know.

Thanks.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Debate Of The Day: Self Employed Jobs Or White Collar Jobs? by KiNiBiGd: 6:34am On Aug 04, 2016
Self employed is far better, but ready to bear the risk alone.
Re: Debate Of The Day: Self Employed Jobs Or White Collar Jobs? by Nobody: 6:36am On Aug 04, 2016
Following
Re: Debate Of The Day: Self Employed Jobs Or White Collar Jobs? by steffans(m): 6:38am On Aug 04, 2016
Depends on ur situation of...
Bcuz under Buhari... It is hard for Entrepreneurs to survive

1 Like

Re: Debate Of The Day: Self Employed Jobs Or White Collar Jobs? by Rooneyboy(m): 6:39am On Aug 04, 2016
veekid:
sad
I'll go with self employed, the joy of being my own boss

Yes , self employment is awesome , but believe u me , aint easy . I'm currently giving one a trial and putting the place in order has gulped more than 1 million already .

I feel like backing out @ this point sef , I'm just being encouraged by a friend.

........ Summarily , u have to be rugged to survive in the Nigerian business environment .

9 Likes

Re: Debate Of The Day: Self Employed Jobs Or White Collar Jobs? by Nobody: 6:40am On Aug 04, 2016
All of the above
Re: Debate Of The Day: Self Employed Jobs Or White Collar Jobs? by Nobody: 6:41am On Aug 04, 2016
All of the above, money is the principal thing
Re: Debate Of The Day: Self Employed Jobs Or White Collar Jobs? by Kazrem(m): 6:41am On Aug 04, 2016
Ironically, most people that chose self employment are in paid employment. For me, paid employment/white collar job full time and self employment part time. Check my signature.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Debate Of The Day: Self Employed Jobs Or White Collar Jobs? by afm4ever(m): 6:41am On Aug 04, 2016
Self employ all the way
Re: Debate Of The Day: Self Employed Jobs Or White Collar Jobs? by dreamwords: 6:41am On Aug 04, 2016
grin

8 Likes

Re: Debate Of The Day: Self Employed Jobs Or White Collar Jobs? by Pavore9: 6:42am On Aug 04, 2016
You still dey ask question? shocked

Start with whatever is available and one do be surprised!

1 Like

Re: Debate Of The Day: Self Employed Jobs Or White Collar Jobs? by lonelydora: 6:45am On Aug 04, 2016
Most Nigerians wish to be entrepreneurs but the problem is Nigerian government and banks are not helping the masses. Sourcing for a loan in a bank isn't easy because of the conditions attached to it and the large interest rate.

Unlike American government that helps the citizens at a low or zero percent interest rate spread for years.

This is one of the reasons I am supporting the new JAIZ BANK, but I'm not a Muslim though and can't access loan there.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Aero Contractors Customer Service Agents: Port-Harcourt And Abuja / My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? / Can I Be Employed As A Full Time Staff With A 3rd Class Degree?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.