Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,961 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:23 AM

NDLEA Seizes N1.78b Hard Drug In Anambra - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NDLEA Seizes N1.78b Hard Drug In Anambra (278 Views)

Small Boy Killed A Big Python With Cutlass In Anambra - Facebook User (Photos) / My Phone Seizes Whenever It's Being Charged And I Can't Operate It. Why? / NDLEA Harassment Or Duty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NDLEA Seizes N1.78b Hard Drug In Anambra by kasheemawo(m): 9:36am On Aug 04, 2016
http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/ndlea-arrests-man-with-n1-78bn-hard-drugs/157856.html

The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) in Anambra State has arrested a 31-year-old man, Vincent Chidiebere, for allegedly peddling hard drug worth N1.78 billion.
Addressing reporters in Onitsha yesterday, the Commander, Mr. Sule Momodu, said the suspect was arrested in Awka, the state capital, on July 28 with methamphetamine weighing 25.2kg.
He said the arrest followed a tip-off that a shipment of the drug would pass through Anambra from Enugu to Lagos.
“Based on the information, we set up a team to search vehicles from a particular company.
“About 11am we intercepted a vehicle carrying the substance and nabbed the suspect.”
Momodu, who said the substance tested positive, described the drug as “one of the most potent illicit drugs in the world, which has a lot of destructive tendencies on the user.”
According to him, someone under the influence of methamphetamine can be influenced to make disastrous decisions and can make criminals test the nation’s security to its limit.
The commander said besides the security threat posed by the users, the drug posed a health hazard.
He said the chemicals used for the production were highly toxic and could cause permanent destruction to the eco-system.
“The waste from the drug is more toxic than the extracted substance.
“The people around where it is being produced are likely to be exposed to cancer and other incurable diseases, while children born in the area are likely to be deformed.”
Momodu, who expressed the readiness of the agency to fight illicit drug production and peddling, enjoined the public to volunteer information that could help stop the illicit business.
Although, the agency had discovered three methamphetamine laboratories at Nanka, Ozubulu and Obosi, the commander believed that more laboratories exist.
He told the public that Governor Willie Obiano pledged a reward of N500, 000 to anyone with information on where the substances were being produced.
“Most of the methamphetamine being produced are meant for Asian countries,” Momodu said, adding that a kilogramme of the drug was sold at about 150, 000 dollars.
He said the suspect will be arraigned when investigation is complete

Re: NDLEA Seizes N1.78b Hard Drug In Anambra by kalus(m): 9:37am On Aug 04, 2016
HMMMM
Re: NDLEA Seizes N1.78b Hard Drug In Anambra by Osgilliat(m): 9:39am On Aug 04, 2016
That's why they don't think straight nowadays.
Re: NDLEA Seizes N1.78b Hard Drug In Anambra by Osgilliat(m): 9:44am On Aug 04, 2016
That's why they don't think straight nowadays. One of dem guys approached me when I was in NYSC camp and told me that he is having heroin for sale. I chose not to believe him and walked away from him. We already have kidnapping, gun running. If hard drugs joined the league.. Then we are gone as a country.
Re: NDLEA Seizes N1.78b Hard Drug In Anambra by ozy4christ(f): 9:45am On Aug 04, 2016
Oh Anambra,Anambra my state!!! Whats happening?upon willies hardwork to provide jobs to us.oh, u a lucky its nt in Indonesia cos by nw u wil be counting ur days .

(1) (Reply)

Ekiti Kole Ajayi 2018 / Swapping Of Z10 / In China A Boy With No Eyes Was Born Recently.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.