Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,401 members, 7,808,435 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:55 AM

Igbo Traders In Kano Protest Killings Of Kinsmen - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Traders In Kano Protest Killings Of Kinsmen (33020 Views)

Obiano's Wife Donates Ultramodern Toilet To Her Kinsmen After 3 Year In Office / KANO PROTEST: A Trap For Ndigbo / Stop Fighting Tinubu – Kinsmen Warn Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Traders In Kano Protest Killings Of Kinsmen by DeleteNonsense: 10:44am On Aug 04, 2016
Igbo traders and businessmen in Kano State, yesterday staged a peaceful protest to ex­press their displeasure over the spate of cold-blooded murder of their colleagues and relatives in the state in re­cent times.

The victims included Mr. Tochukwu Augustine Ilo who was killed by the operatives of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad a week ago and Mrs. Bridget Agbaheme, who was hacked to death by Islamic extremists for alleged blasphe­my.

The protest, which held amid tight security by the police and other security agencies, com­menced with the closure of thousands of shops owned by Igbo traders in the different markets in the metropolis as early as 6 00am.

Affected were the Abubakar Rimi Market, the Iron and Steel Market in Kofar Ruwa, Kofar Wambai Market, including shops and small businesses that line the streets of Sabon-Garri metro area.

Over 5,000 traders and businessmen converged at the Rumfa Primary School, Enugu Road, Sabon Garri, Kano where the mourners assembled, Sun reports.

Chairman of the Sabon-Garri Market Igbo Traders As­sociation, who addressed the press, condemned the brutal murder of his member, saying he was a good man killed in bad taste.

Eze Ndigbo Kano, Chief Boniface Ibekwe disclosed the Emir of Kano, Alhaji Muhammad Sanusi 11 had waded into the issue, assuring the traders of the determination of the monarch to ensure that justice was done.

http://dailypost.ng/2016/08/04/igbo-traders-shutdown-kano-killings-kinsmen/#comment-383673

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Traders In Kano Protest Killings Of Kinsmen by madenigga(m): 10:52am On Aug 04, 2016
H

14 Likes

Re: Igbo Traders In Kano Protest Killings Of Kinsmen by BaddieKay(f): 10:58am On Aug 04, 2016
No pics?

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Traders In Kano Protest Killings Of Kinsmen by wecan: 10:59am On Aug 04, 2016
No be only preotest , make una leave north u no hear. Stewpid people

14 Likes

Re: Igbo Traders In Kano Protest Killings Of Kinsmen by DeleteNonsense: 11:01am On Aug 04, 2016
mrkayusfit:
Even though i condemn the killing of innocent people, i think the Igbo's need to be law abiding and respect their host for peace to thrive.
Is it not One Nigeria again? Or do One Nigeria have a limit? Please explain!

117 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Igbo Traders In Kano Protest Killings Of Kinsmen by olaitoro(m): 11:01am On Aug 04, 2016
mrkayusfit:
Even though i condemn the killing of innocent people, i think the Igbo's need to be law abiding and respect their host for peace to thrive.

i wu ezi ohia,
may justice be deprived from you and your house hood.

175 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Igbo Traders In Kano Protest Killings Of Kinsmen by madenigga(m): 11:03am On Aug 04, 2016
G

1 Like

Re: Igbo Traders In Kano Protest Killings Of Kinsmen by sCun: 11:07am On Aug 04, 2016
mrkayusfit:
Yoruba Muslim way of reasoning.

145 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Igbo Traders In Kano Protest Killings Of Kinsmen by ayzTIGER: 11:08am On Aug 04, 2016
mrkayusfit:
respect thier host as in how? Let the killing of thier kinsmen thrive just like that? Keep quiet if you dont know what to say

131 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Igbo Traders In Kano Protest Killings Of Kinsmen by psucc(m): 11:13am On Aug 04, 2016
Bunch of greedy men. They feel their protest or whatever can stop the northerners from slaying them? I wonder who is still left in the north after these series of security breaches.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Traders In Kano Protest Killings Of Kinsmen by DeleteNonsense: 11:17am On Aug 04, 2016
psucc:
Bunch of greedy men. They feel their protest or whatever can stop the northerners from slaying them? I wonder who is still left in the north after these series of security breaches.
I think they all should come back home. With love N100 bread can feed 10people.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Traders In Kano Protest Killings Of Kinsmen by olaitoro(m): 11:25am On Aug 04, 2016
psucc:

then what happened to one Nigeria

it is hightime you reformat your brain.

66 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Igbo Traders In Kano Protest Killings Of Kinsmen by RZArecta(m): 11:27am On Aug 04, 2016
mrkayusfit:
[s]Even though i condemn the killing of innocent people, i think the Igbo's need to be law abiding and respect their host for peace to thrive[/s].
bigot, can you kindly state the crimes committed by those two people murdered by your northern brothers ? Can you also clarify if it's proper for people to take laws into their own hands ?

81 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Igbo Traders In Kano Protest Killings Of Kinsmen by freeze001(f): 11:34am On Aug 04, 2016
mrkayusfit:

Could you shed more light on what you regard as respect for hosts? Is there any insinuation of crime that led to the deaths of the woman, Bridget Agbahime and the man in question? How are they expected to be law abiding for peace to reign?

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbo Traders In Kano Protest Killings Of Kinsmen by freeze001(f): 11:34am On Aug 04, 2016
mrkayusfit:

Could you shed more light on what you regard as respect for hosts? Is there any insinuation of crime that led to the murders of the woman, Bridget Agbahime and the man in question? How are they expected to be law abiding for peace to reign?

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Igbo Traders In Kano Protest Killings Of Kinsmen by madenigga(m): 11:35am On Aug 04, 2016
F

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Traders In Kano Protest Killings Of Kinsmen by Nobody: 11:38am On Aug 04, 2016
Well I think this is their opportunity to leave the North and head back home eastward.

Its a golden opportunity for them. I hope they won't miss it.

7 Likes

Re: Igbo Traders In Kano Protest Killings Of Kinsmen by limeta(f): 11:46am On Aug 04, 2016
mrkayusfit:

Peaceful protest
to express
their displeasure over the spate of cold-blooded
murder of their colleagues and relatives in the
state in recent times.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Traders In Kano Protest Killings Of Kinsmen by BudeYahooCom: 11:56am On Aug 04, 2016
mrkayusfit:

yoruba muslims, the Camels of burden of the fulanis. They also believe that their own yoruba pastors who were killed also deserved to die for 'not respecting their host'. They are ready to even kill their own people who are christians in Osun because of hijab scarf for the entertainment of the fulanis.
Thank God say I no be yoruba.

57 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Igbo Traders In Kano Protest Killings Of Kinsmen by malele(m): 12:01pm On Aug 04, 2016
mrkayusfit:

what the Bleep am i reading, what do u mean host?
Is kano not part of Nigeria?
Anyway i know ur type.

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Igbo Traders In Kano Protest Killings Of Kinsmen by SuperS1Panther: 12:04pm On Aug 04, 2016
DeleteNonsense:

Is it not One Nigeria again? Or do One Nigeria have a limit? Please explain!

Same rationale applies to Fulani herdsmen.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Traders In Kano Protest Killings Of Kinsmen by olaitoro(m): 12:13pm On Aug 04, 2016
SuperS1Panther:

nobody stops the fulani herdmen to settle in any part of the country, what the masses are clamoring against is their nomadic nature thus constituing nuissance to the nation.

bet, you have not seen their rescent attack on kwarra farmers leaving scores dead.

for this country to advance positively, we should first of all kill tribal and religious bigotry, then hypocricy.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbo Traders In Kano Protest Killings Of Kinsmen by Josegun(m): 12:16pm On Aug 04, 2016
mrkayusfit:
Which law are you talking about Oga, haba!
I like revenge, but don't know how it will start.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Traders In Kano Protest Killings Of Kinsmen by HurtgenForest: 12:17pm On Aug 04, 2016
Re: Igbo Traders In Kano Protest Killings Of Kinsmen by facelessangel: 12:26pm On Aug 04, 2016
You can never hear kpim from Afonjas even if Osibande is killed today, the Afonjas will retrieve to their shell.

Kill one I go man the whole world will get to know.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Traders In Kano Protest Killings Of Kinsmen by ckmayoca: 12:35pm On Aug 04, 2016
If peaceful protest is not law abiding then what is it called?

Protesting for the unjust killing of one of them is normal and it's a sign of love and oneness. I like that spirit.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbo Traders In Kano Protest Killings Of Kinsmen by ckmayoca: 12:36pm On Aug 04, 2016
If peaceful protest is not law abiding then what is it called?

Protes.ting for the unjust killing of one of them is normal and it's a sign of love and oneness. I like that spirit.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Traders In Kano Protest Killings Of Kinsmen by Deadright2(m): 12:39pm On Aug 04, 2016
Igbos should go home.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Traders In Kano Protest Killings Of Kinsmen by Deadright2(m): 12:44pm On Aug 04, 2016
SuperS1Panther:

Same rationale applies to Ijaw militants killing you in your home.

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Army Refuses To Reinstate Colonel Auwal Suleiman Who Arrested 377 Boko Haram / Condemn The Murder In Your Region The Way You Did In Sokoto - Shehu Sani / Lists And Names Of Lagos State Government Chairmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.