Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,831 members, 7,806,335 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:58 PM

GLO Gimmicks And Airtime Deductions - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / GLO Gimmicks And Airtime Deductions (549 Views)

MTN Is Giving Free Data And Airtime For Customers To Celebrate Xmas / Col. Umar To Sue MTN Over Fraudulent Deductions / 10 Excuses Call Centre Agents Use To Deceive Customers For Fraud Deductions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

GLO Gimmicks And Airtime Deductions by peterbam(m): 11:14am On Aug 04, 2016
Have you received a text message from telecoms network provider advertising to you and you ignore such messages? You might be in a trap. You can imagine a message like this "You have been subscribed to ___ and will be charged 50 NGN per week, to unsubscribe, dial ___" from some of those funny 3, 4 digits or 5 digits numbers. If you ignore such messages, your airtime starts getting deducted, and that is a gimmick. How on earth should you be forced to respond to a message to prevent airtime deductions? What if the message came in while in a meeting? or what if you delete the message?
I have fallen a victim of this and even when i called the network, no refund made. I was advised to send STOP to 2442 (i think that is NCC regulation). However, after about a month again, the advert started coming in again and imagine receiving a message from 55515 that "Dear subscriber, the 3day FREE trial ends on 04-Aug-2016. You will be charged 50 NGN per 7 days for ARISE_W content. To unsubscribe...". Please who is the subscriber? When did i subscribe? which free trial? what is ARISE_W. I didn't even read the message until this morning i got another message "ARISE_W service is re-subscribed..." and then NGN 50 starts going off my airtime every week.
This is unsatisfactory.
Anyone with such experiences? What did you do about it? Because even in this case, i have tried to dial the code to unsubscribe and it has refused to yield.
Re: GLO Gimmicks And Airtime Deductions by peterbam(m): 2:24pm On Aug 04, 2016
Please does anyone know how to get attention of NCC to such gimmicks?

(1) (Reply)

Cheap Android Phones Under 30k Or Lesser / GLO Launch New Data Plan “TGIF Weekend Data Plan” – Get 3GB For ₦500 / Urgent Advice Please.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.