Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,794 members, 7,802,527 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:54 PM

Niger Delta: Advice On Youth Participation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger Delta: Advice On Youth Participation (1934 Views)

Olakunle Churchill Calls For Active Youth Participation In Governance (Video) / Buhari Returns After Participation At 5th AU-EU Summit In Abidjan (photos) / Wike Sacks Two LG Council Bosses Over Non-participation At Jubillee Anniversary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Niger Delta: Advice On Youth Participation by egift(m): 12:58pm On Aug 04, 2016
First, I will like to state clearly am not from the region. But since they are my fellow citizens and also a region that have been a source of prosperity to the nation, I wish to make out some time and make my contribution. So I will go straight to the points.

My advice is to the youths and the good people of the Niger Delta who wish to see a better development for the region and wish to play an active role in such development. Ordinarily, the leaders and politicians from the region are very much in a better position to do these, but repeatedly these politicians have proven to be a big disappointment.

Here are highlight of steps I believe will make a positive impact in the development of the Niger Region:

Disband All Hostilities
The very first thing that must be done is to disband all militancy in the Niger Delta Region. The Avengers, MEND, etc must all be disbanded and renounce hostility. The youths must also banish any form of criminality and attacks. In fact, they can go further to declare that anyone found doing such “is an enemy of the region”. And is found will be hunted down. They should also pledge to work with the nation’s defense apparatus should the need arise, to ensure safety, peace and development.

Form An Economic Platform
Immediately after disbanding and renounce hostilities, the Niger Delta region should rally together and form a single Economic Forum. The leadership structure should represent all the States and be expandable to Local Government Areas.

Outline Areas Of Priority
The above Economic Forum should setup a Team that will consult widely to outline areas the forum needs to concentrate its efforts. It could be Top 10 fundamental areas or a broad all-encompassing 50 to 100 interests for the region. But I will advise starting small and expand with time.

Set Achievable Objectives
Each item included above must individually be accompanied with very specific goals and sublets that will ultimately lead to the main objective. There will be no room for ambiguity or day-dreaming at this point. All must practical, realistic and achievable.

Rally Support
The youth once armed with their goals and well-articulated details, they now have to rally the support of other indigenes and people of the region to their campaign. They should share their plans publicly (the social media is always a good start), ask for inputs, suggestions and make necessary amendments. Once there is a majority of support for this campaign, time to move to the next level.

Seek Resources
Certain nothing will be done without funding. Our new Niger Delta Youth-Driven Economic Platform can now seek all the funding they need. I will even recommend establishing a CBN manage account with a single account number, creditable from any bank in Nigeria. With a good website and a chain of official social media accounts, public pledges and contributions can be made public. I also recommend seeking funding from the Federal Government, all States in Nigeria, Businesses, all Oil Companies in Nigeria, Foreign agencies and institutions, individuals, etc.

Constitute Vibrant Monitoring Team
Before work commence, the group must setup an active Monitoring Team that will ensure they keep an eye on the work that was set out for execution. The Youths must also prove to be better than our politicians that loot and squander money set aside for work.

Review Progress
Weekly and Monthly assessments is needed to keep the public, investors, contributors and other partners fully informed of what is done, including what is being spent. This will help rally confidence and bring in more funds.

Hold Politicians Accountable
The Youth from the region must hold their leaders and everyone elected accountable. These efforts and campaign should transcend party politics.

Am very optimistic that such agenda for the Niger Delta Region will be more fruitful that these hide-and-seek destruction. It is also a course many will gladly support with pride without any form of fear. And anyone not supporting it can also be tagged an enemy of the region.

Regards,
EGIFT
Proudly Nigerian

cc: Mynd44, OAM4J, lalasticlala
Re: Niger Delta: Advice On Youth Participation by HungerBAD: 12:58pm On Aug 04, 2016
Laudable write up.

But some of your ideas will not work. Like the rally support and seek resources you mentioned,for some simple reasons.

For the aforementioned to work,the people involved have to be very reasonable people. These Militants are not reasonable people at all. Then on the part of the seeking support part,that will also be difficult for this simple reason.

The Niger Delta Militants comprises of one tribe,and one tribe alone,which is the Ijaws. In the Amnesty scam for payment,other tribes claim to have Militants too,but those are just paper Militants to scam the Government.

No other Nigerian Deltan tribe will be ready to SUPPORT or dialogue with the Ijaw Militants. As small as the Niger Delta is,it contains more tribes than any other part of Nigeria.

About to go out now.

Will finish this write up later.

2 Likes

Re: Niger Delta: Advice On Youth Participation by chocolateme(f): 12:59pm On Aug 04, 2016
Good advice

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta: Advice On Youth Participation by egift(m): 1:03pm On Aug 04, 2016
chocolateme:
Good advice

I agree. Let us hope someone consider it.

Any further additions will be cool as well.
Re: Niger Delta: Advice On Youth Participation by olaolaking: 1:07pm On Aug 04, 2016
You make sense.

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta: Advice On Youth Participation by egift(m): 1:23pm On Aug 04, 2016
olaolaking:
You make sense.

Cheers!

These model can also be applicable to most communities and regions of the country. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Niger Delta: Advice On Youth Participation by obaiIaIa(m): 1:27pm On Aug 04, 2016
Redirect ur advice to Baba Cassandra...
He needs it more!!!

3 Likes

Re: Niger Delta: Advice On Youth Participation by egift(m): 1:37pm On Aug 04, 2016
obaiIaIa:
Redirect ur advice to Baba Cassandra...

He needs it more!!!

We discussing the progress, development, youth engagement and solution to the Niger Delta. At least put away your childishness.

Hope you are not one of those cheering the bombing and destruction of the region?

2 Likes

Re: Niger Delta: Advice On Youth Participation by HurtgenForest: 1:37pm On Aug 04, 2016
In Nigeria it looks like the only language understood is violence.

The north used violence to get their sharia law by carrying out violent riots in the north forcing OBJ to allow them.

Boko haram violence was instrumental to the removal of GEJ as president.

They also employed threats of violence by telling us that if the north did not get back their power(birthright), Nigeria would cease to exist.

The fulani herdsmen have been very violent againt the MB & South to force us to hand over our lands to them as grazing reserves. This is already working on some southerners like kayusfit/joboskills/searchingforlove, who asked that Yorubas tender apologies to the fulanis for opposing the grazing bill and even asked his fellow yoruba brothers to hand over the SW to the fulani herdsmen as a large grazing reserve.

Now to the South,

The good people of the ND have been asking for resouce control for years now but no one is listening.

People like Ken Sarowiwa were even executed just because the wanted fairness & justice for their people.

Let us stop deceiving ourselves, the north will never allow any true federalism or resource control, it has to be tyaken by force. If you say the ND people should take their case to the National assembly the northerners again have the majority and will crush it. Ab initio, Nigeria was designed to favour the core north i.e the hausa/fulani. These are the real/first class Nigerians while the MB & South are to be used.

All those agitating for true federalism/resource control are wasting their time.

True federalism/resource control will only be achieved if the north finds more than enough crude oil in their region or after Nigeria must have lifted the last cup of crude oil from the Niger Delta leaving the region empty with their devastated lands.

The Niger Delta people have to take their freedom by force, there cannot be any other way.

Freedom is not given, it is taken!

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Niger Delta: Advice On Youth Participation by Branzy(m): 1:39pm On Aug 04, 2016
Wat happened to Ken saro wiwa dat engaged the Nigerian government peacefully.. the only voice the Nigerian government hear is violence that's is the painful truth

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta: Advice On Youth Participation by EmmaEzeali: 1:39pm On Aug 04, 2016
Thank you all for commending my write up and long english. I forgot to add that the militants must also hate IPOB miscearnts and surrender to our muslim Fulani army so that there will more oil for my fulani brothers to cart away and build Islamic schools in Sudan and Niger. This will make peace reign. One nigeria!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta: Advice On Youth Participation by EmmaEzeali: 1:43pm On Aug 04, 2016
Who disagrees with my last submission?
Re: Niger Delta: Advice On Youth Participation by obaiIaIa(m): 1:46pm On Aug 04, 2016
egift:

We discussing the progress, development, youth engagement and solution to the Niger Delta. At least put away your childishness.

Hope you are not one of those cheering the bombing and destruction of the region?
Cassandra is the president of Nigeria, and not the president of ND.

If the president can do half of all the points you raised, then I think we are good to go!!

Once more, redirect your advice to the PRESIDENT!! He is the one in charge!!

When we have an ND President for ND nation, then you can direct your advice to us!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta: Advice On Youth Participation by EmmaEzeali: 1:46pm On Aug 04, 2016
Branzy:
Wat happened to Ken saro wiwa dat engaged the Nigerian government peacefully.. the only voice the Nigerian government hear is violence that's is the painful truth

Ken Saro wiwa wanted to stop oil from flowing Kano. He was a misKreant like the Ipob yoots of today. I challenge you IPOB to meet me Enugu, I will join the fulanis and deal with you.
Re: Niger Delta: Advice On Youth Participation by PhockPhockMan: 2:08pm On Aug 04, 2016
[s]
egift:
First, I will like to state clearly am not from the region. But since they are my fellow citizens and also a region that have been a source of prosperity to the nation, I wish to make out some time and make my contribution. So I will go straight to the points.

My advice is to the youths and the good people of the Niger Delta who wish to see a better development for the region and wish to play an active role in such development. Ordinarily, the leaders and politicians from the region are very much in a better position to do these, but repeatedly these politicians have proven to be a big disappointment.

Here are highlight of steps I believe will make a positive impact in the development of the Niger Region:

Disband All Hostilities
The very first thing that must be done is to disband all militancy in the Niger Delta Region. The Avengers, MEND, etc must all be disbanded and renounce hostility. The youths must also banish any form of criminality and attacks. In fact, they can go further to declare that anyone found doing such “is an enemy of the region”. And is found will be hunted down. They should also pledge to work with the nation’s defense apparatus should the need arise, to ensure safety, peace and development.

Form An Economic Platform
Immediately after disbanding and renounce hostilities, the Niger Delta region should rally together and form a single Economic Forum. The leadership structure should represent all the States and be expandable to Local Government Areas.

Outline Areas Of Priority
The above Economic Forum should setup a Team that will consult widely to outline areas the forum needs to concentrate its efforts. It could be Top 10 fundamental areas or a broad all-encompassing 50 to 100 interests for the region. But I will advise starting small and expand with time.

Set Achievable Objectives
Each item included above must individually be accompanied with very specific goals and sublets that will ultimately lead to the main objective. There will be no room for ambiguity or day-dreaming at this point. All must practical, realistic and achievable.

Rally Support
The youth once armed with their goals and well-articulated details, they now have to rally the support of other indigenes and people of the region to their campaign. They should share their plans publicly (the social media is always a good start), ask for inputs, suggestions and make necessary amendments. Once there is a majority of support for this campaign, time to move to the next level.

Seek Resources
Certain nothing will be done without funding. Our new Niger Delta Youth-Driven Economic Platform can now seek all the funding they need. I will even recommend establishing a CBN manage account with a single account number, creditable from any bank in Nigeria. With a good website and a chain of official social media accounts, public pledges and contributions can be made public. I also recommend seeking funding from the Federal Government, all States in Nigeria, Businesses, all Oil Companies in Nigeria, Foreign agencies and institutions, individuals, etc.

Constitute Vibrant Monitoring Team
Before work commence, the group must setup an active Monitoring Team that will ensure they keep an eye on the work that was set out for execution. The Youths must also prove to be better than our politicians that loot and squander money set aside for work.

Review Progress
Weekly and Monthly assessments is needed to keep the public, investors, contributors and other partners fully informed of what is done, including what is being spent. This will help rally confidence and bring in more funds.

Hold Politicians Accountable
The Youth from the region must hold their leaders and everyone elected accountable. These efforts and campaign should transcend party politics.

Am very optimistic that such agenda for the Niger Delta Region will be more fruitful that these hide-and-seek destruction. It is also a course many will gladly support with pride without any form of fear. And anyone not supporting it can also be tagged an enemy of the region.

Regards,
EGIFT
Proudly Nigerian

cc: Mynd44, OAM4J, lalasticlala
[/s]

True Federalism killed all the trash above.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta: Advice On Youth Participation by egift(m): 2:25pm On Aug 04, 2016
PhockPhockMan:

Nigeria is not the only country the Federal Government collate resource for National utilization. Billions have been allocated to the region - sufficient enough to bring about significant development - but such funds have been repeatedly squandered.

The points I stated were a suggestion that galvanize and engage the youths without necessary following a political pathway. It will not solve everything (in fact more will be done from other quarters) - but sincerely, the impact will be significant.

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta: Advice On Youth Participation by EmmaEzeali: 2:27pm On Aug 04, 2016
PhockPhockMan:

Nigeria is not the only country the
Federal Government collate resource for National utilization. Billions have been allocated to the region - sufficient enough to bring about significant development - but such funds have been repeatedly
squandered.

The points I stated were a suggestion that galvanize and engage the youths without necessary following a political
pathway. It will not solve everything
(in fact more will be done from other quarters) - but sincerely, the impact will be significant.
Re: Niger Delta: Advice On Youth Participation by drss2(m): 2:32pm On Aug 04, 2016
dis is d most useless thread i have eva seen since i was born.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Niger Delta: Advice On Youth Participation by PhockPhockMan: 3:02pm On Aug 04, 2016
egift:

Nigeria is not the only country the Federal Government collate resource for National utilization. Billions have been allocated to the region - sufficient enough to bring about significant development - but such funds have been repeatedly squandered.

The points I stated were a suggestion that galvanize and engage the youths without necessary following a political pathway. It will not solve everything (in fact more will be done from other quarters) - but sincerely, the impact will be significant.
Do you think America will be great and United the way it is if police and all resources are the control of Capitol Hill?
A situation where someone in Aso Rock determines who dies and who lives is not acceptable.
See the kind of lip service your demigod, Buhari is paying to genocide by his kinsmen, yet no plans to stop it.
A situation where 70% of resources from Bayelsa State is given to Kano because they have 44 local governments, while less than 30% is given to them because they have 8 local governments.
It's not acceptable.

This is fraud.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Niger Delta: Advice On Youth Participation by egift(m): 3:21pm On Aug 04, 2016
PhockPhockMan:

Do you think America will be great and United the way it is if police and all resources are the control of Capitol Hill?
A situation where someone in Aso Rock determines who dies and who lives is not acceptable.
See the kind of lip service your demigod, Buhari is paying to genocide by his kinsmen, yet no plans to stop it.
A situation where 70% of resources from Bayelsa State is given to Kano because they have 44 local governments, while less than 30% is given to them because they have 8 local governments.
It's not acceptable.

This is fraud.

Dear Mazi Phockery, again you lost your argument in exaggeration (like 70% of resources from Bayelsa State is given to Kano). And accusing the President of funding genocide is childish at best.

On political front, their is more to be done to restructure Nigeria. But the participation of the Youths in development of their communities instead of wasting away in criminality is still a valid option.
Re: Niger Delta: Advice On Youth Participation by egift(m): 3:23pm On Aug 04, 2016
drss2:
dis is d most useless thread i have eva seen since i was born.

^^^
If true, there must be a whole lots of uselessness in your life grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta: Advice On Youth Participation by EmmaEzeali: 3:29pm On Aug 04, 2016
egift:

^^^
If true, there must be a whole lots of uselessness in your life grin grin grin grin grin

I agree with you. I don't know why they can't join us to rebuild one fulanigeria. grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta: Advice On Youth Participation by egift(m): 3:32pm On Aug 04, 2016
obaiIaIa:
When we have an ND President for ND nation, then you can direct your advice to us!!

We had a President from the region and that did not happen. The development of the Niger Delta (or any other region) should not be lost to political slur.

This thread is about on the youths and people of the region to engage and rally support for development. Rather than bomb themselves to oblivion and wonder why investors are not shown up.
Re: Niger Delta: Advice On Youth Participation by EmmaEzeali: 3:58pm On Aug 04, 2016
egift:

We had a President from the region and that did not happen. The development of the Niger Delta (or any other region) should not be lost to political slur.

This thread is about on the youths and people of the region to engage and rally support for development. Rather than bomb themselves to oblivion and wonder why investors are not shown up.

You must continue to advise the 5%ers onhow to agree and support Buhari in the killing of IPOb and nepotization of the all sectors of nigeria. We must hail buhari's murders. We challenge them to a face-to-face chat in Ogui, Enugu. Where we will defend the killings of IPOB members.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta: Advice On Youth Participation by obaiIaIa(m): 5:39pm On Aug 04, 2016
egift:

Not "from", " for"

Us forming our ND Republic
Re: Niger Delta: Advice On Youth Participation by BUHARIISCURSED(m): 5:45pm On Aug 04, 2016
egift:

^^^
today way you manage buy data we no go hear word ba?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Niger Delta: Advice On Youth Participation by egift(m): 5:52pm On Aug 04, 2016
obaiIaIa:

Not "from", " for"

Us forming our ND Republic

Oya go and form it and let us see. Even you great-grand children will be Nigerians. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Niger Delta: Advice On Youth Participation by obaiIaIa(m): 6:39pm On Aug 04, 2016
egift:

Oya go and form it and let us see. Even you great-grand children will be Nigerians. grin grin grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

That was what was said about UK, but today they've left the EU.

No worry, e go be like film for your eye.

Dat fear of loosing ur big brothers SS / SE will descend on you soon.. grin

For now, keep enjoying the fellowship of ur big brothers ND and Igbos . cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta: Advice On Youth Participation by egift(m): 6:48pm On Aug 04, 2016
obaiIaIa:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

That was what was said about UK, but today they've left the EU.

No worry, e go be like film for your eye.

Dat fear of loosing ur big brothers SS / SE will descend on you soon.. grin

For now, keep enjoying the fellowship of ur big brothers ND and Igbos . cool

The comparison of that of the UK is faulty on two fronts:
- Pulling out of EU membership is not the same and crafting one pathetic Caveland.
- Secondly many in United Kingdom wish the outcome is different.

By the way, Nigeria will not divide. Also please stop dragging SE and SS together - your wet-dream is not even on the table for consideration.

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta: Advice On Youth Participation by Rival(m): 7:00pm On Aug 04, 2016
Smh. Some people are out of touch with reality!
Re: Niger Delta: Advice On Youth Participation by egift(m): 2:28am On Aug 22, 2016
Sustaining the ceasefire and ensuring an all-encompassing developmental strategy will help move the region forward.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why Many Nigeria State Governors Can’t Pay Salaries (photos) / Comparing Jonathan To Buhari_ ... Facts And Figures / 'Stone Us If We Fail After Two Years' (Throwback Headline Of Guardian Newspaper)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.