Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,855 members, 7,802,741 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:30 PM

Leave Pastor Adeboye Alone; He Wasn't Talking To Y'all - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Leave Pastor Adeboye Alone; He Wasn't Talking To Y'all (778 Views)

Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" / "Who Can Donate N1 Billion?" Pastor Adeboye Asks - Daddy Freeze, Davido React / "Any RCCG Pastor That Is Not Humble Wasn't Ordained By Me" - Pastor Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Leave Pastor Adeboye Alone; He Wasn't Talking To Y'all by BF69BF: 2:35pm On Aug 04, 2016
Pastor Enoch Adeboye was talking to his flock. Like Jesus talked to his own flock.
Every prophet had disciples and followers. Many things he would reveal to his disciples, he won't reveal to his followers. These belong to different levels of understanding and disposition. When Apostle Paul wrote to Titus, it was always different from when he wrote to the Corinthians and Ephesians.Jesus told his disciples to go heal the sick and preach the gospel. He didn't say any of that the few times he sat in the synagogue or his sermons in the mountain and preached sitting in the ship. Many things he instructed his disciples to do, he didn't share with the crowd that thronged behind him.

Pastor Adeboye instructed his fold what he thinks is spiritually permissible for them to do. He was talking to his fold. These are people who converge from all walks of life to attend pilgrimage at the Redeemed camp yearly. It takes a lot of conviction to be so committed to a spiritual cause especially running with one man's vision.

Let me tell you, a congregation whose personal and collective offerings, giving and sowing has brought about the purchase of a private jet, is no mean effort. Many African countries cannot afford a jet as we speak, yet members of a church provided this for their GO.

RCCG is a country.
It is a sovereign state.

It has a perfect government in place such that all over the world where a parish is established, its finances are promptly remitted in every currency to its mother parish. Her pastors are highly revered like state governors. She has an academic system that caters for srudents from daycare to postgraduate. She convenes yearly for a retreat.

RCCG is a nation.
Leave her alone.
Let all mimicking end. Shades et al.
Let her be.

If they choose to marry women who pray for six hours nonstop, scrape all the hairs on every part of their males' bodies, wear long robes in place of suits and dresses, wear sandals made of leaves and cocoons etc. Let these be their own business.

Adeboye leads a nation. Like Buhari. He decides what is good for his citizens. He instructs his own. What crime has he committed? How strange or ridiculous is that? Obama established same sex marriage. That's in the US. Nigerians are still stoning gay suspects, Obama has no issues with Nigerians.

Therefore, Adeboye's edicts are meant for his members. He has no business with the kind of woman a Catholic man decides to make his wife; just like he gives no damn if a Presbyterian pastor decides to weave his beard. He knows the boundaries, and won't likely go beyond them.
Disabuse your minds regarding his character with his most recent edict.

Let Pastor Adeboye and RCCG be. Please.
Let the dead bury the dead.

BY: Ifedimma O.

1 Like

Re: Leave Pastor Adeboye Alone; He Wasn't Talking To Y'all by zzzzy: 4:07pm On Aug 04, 2016
NOT CRITICIZING WHAT HE SAID BUT WHAT YOU WROTE:

So he came just for rccg. Btw, Jesus preached to large gatherings of people. So in summary christians and rccg are separate. I love your logic
Re: Leave Pastor Adeboye Alone; He Wasn't Talking To Y'all by BF69BF: 9:48pm On Aug 06, 2016
zzzzy:
NOT CRITICIZING WHAT HE SAID BUT WHAT YOU WROTE:

So he came just for rccg. Btw, Jesus preached to large gatherings of people. So in summary christians and rccg are separate. I love your logic

It's obvious you lack comprehension skill. All your teachers really did a poor job on you.
Re: Leave Pastor Adeboye Alone; He Wasn't Talking To Y'all by DeSepiero(m): 10:32pm On Aug 06, 2016
BF69BF:

It's obvious you lack comprehension skill. All your teachers really did a poor job on you.

Would you pretend you don't have a clue as to what the fellow you quoted here meant? Do you think it's irrelevant to your topic?
Re: Leave Pastor Adeboye Alone; He Wasn't Talking To Y'all by BF69BF: 10:37pm On Aug 06, 2016
DeSepiero:

Would you pretend you don't have a clue as to what the fellow you quoted here meant? Do you think it's irrelevant to your topic?

??
Re: Leave Pastor Adeboye Alone; He Wasn't Talking To Y'all by DeSepiero(m): 10:42pm On Aug 06, 2016
BF69BF:

??

Then you didn't understand him as well.
Re: Leave Pastor Adeboye Alone; He Wasn't Talking To Y'all by BF69BF: 11:47pm On Aug 06, 2016
DeSepiero:

Then you didn't understand him as well.

And what makes you think I don't?
Re: Leave Pastor Adeboye Alone; He Wasn't Talking To Y'all by DeSepiero(m): 12:05am On Aug 07, 2016
BF69BF:

And what makes you think I don't?

You didn't say otherwise. Did you?
Re: Leave Pastor Adeboye Alone; He Wasn't Talking To Y'all by IMASTEX: 12:09am On Aug 07, 2016
noted
Re: Leave Pastor Adeboye Alone; He Wasn't Talking To Y'all by BF69BF: 1:04am On Aug 07, 2016
DeSepiero:

You didn't say otherwise. Did you?

Yes, I didn't say - to you.
Like, what's the point?
You and I got nothing to talk about.

(1) (Reply)

The Returned Christ His Holiness Olumba..O.Obu Set To Visit Lagos / Christmas And The Birth Of Jesus: What Exact Month Was Jesus Born? / Words That Will Change Your Life Forever.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.