Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,336 members, 7,780,881 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:16 AM

CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 - Business (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 (26765 Views)

At What Rate Does CBN Sell Dollars To BDCs? / Senate Wants CBN To Convert Lower Naira Notes Into Coins / Dollars To Hajj Pilgrims: CBN To Lose N7.6bn Tax Payers' Money - Nairametrics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by lovat(m): 7:55pm On Aug 05, 2016
magicminister:

Jesus is lord.
My power no reach this one.
My brother, carry your wahala and be going.
grin grin you just made me laugh
Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by gabbytabby: 9:01pm On Aug 05, 2016
What nonsense.

esoorita:

This is a clear demonstration that Nigeria has a very long way to go before attaining the status of a civilised country. The dollars being sold at knocked down price to pilgrims (both Christians and Muslims) is not right, it is unjustifiable. It is not the business of Nigerian government to bankroll the cost of religious pilgrimage since it is not the responsibility of the government to facilitate the triumphant entry of Nigerians to paradise or hell. The immediate responsibility of the government of Nigeria is to make life easy for Nigerians by providing social facilities and infrastructures, functional healthcare delivery, qualitative education for Nigerian kids and helping the poor people of Nigeria to have a meaningful existence. The people in charge of Nigeria should live up to their responsibilities rather than engaging in trivial enterprise.
Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by Nobody: 9:20pm On Aug 05, 2016
Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by tsdarkside(m): 9:49pm On Aug 05, 2016
AyaSunday:

1. Are you a Nigerian?
2. Have you ever gone to CBN to buy dollars this year?
3. Are you a business man with economic values to add to Nigeria's GDP?
4. Have you ever gotten the dollars you need from CBN in less than 3 months after submitting all supporting documents?

Answer the above questions first in affirmative, after that, you can talk.

what??..are you insane??....apply to change currencies by a registard bank??...that is new...

i hope you know,all registered bank in nigeria issss cbn... you sound foolish...did someone 419ind you??..

thats why we always warned you to make currencie business only with cbn...but you never listen.....yaya ogpobo pleaded with you that time too...you never listen....

you just never listen!!!!!......

since adam and eve,you never listen..!!!.....you are hopeless...
Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by esoorita: 10:28pm On Aug 05, 2016
gabbytabby:
What nonsense.

Madam Gabbytabby how are you? Long time. I hope your tenants are behaving decently. I called you while I was in Nigeria but it was your brother that answered your phone.
Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by gabbytabby: 10:50pm On Aug 05, 2016
I am well thank you. I borrowed that number and will email the current one. 9ja tenant and behave do not go together. It's a lot better than it has been and should get even better in 2017.

esoorita:

Madam Gabbytabby how are you? Long time. I hope your tenants are behaving decently. I called you while I was in Nigeria but it was your brother that answered your phone.
Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by Nobody: 12:56pm On Aug 06, 2016
Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by chocbaus: 3:31am On Aug 07, 2016
No offence, majority of us are just stupid and Ill informed. the rate of unemployment is rising in the rest of the world and we are here arguing about God knows what.

We are way too passive as a country, things won't fix themselves we have to fix them.

You voted Buhari in to fight curruption and that's excactly what he thinks he is doing.

There is a church and mosque on every street Why Why oh why The God we are serving is the same in Isreal and Dubai!!! I have met Jews and Arabs. They are extremely intelligent people!!! They take are of their people not take advantage of them.

Instead we use fear and hope to exploit ourselves.

If there is no power supply, ask the government what it takes and let's go and build another fucking dam. We are 200 million people are you telling me we can't.

if it's road!!! Let's us go and build the fucking roads.

Other countries are taking our money and sending us junks because they know that you are all stupid enough not to know better.

With that said. Why the Bleep are you going to Mecca and Isreal at this time!! Why!!!
Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by chiderajude(m): 3:00pm On Aug 07, 2016
erico2k2:

this is what happens when the cost of real Pure weed goes up as a result of hike in Dollar and U result in buying cheap weed cheesy angry angry angry
grin grin grin
Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by Nobody: 5:29pm On Aug 07, 2016
ojun50:
Cdn no serious importers need dis dollars @ that rate nt dis pilgrims who keeping going very year without seeing there impact in dis economy since 1999.

Them no they pray for house self abi d Nigeria prayer no they answer ni.
.Could the same sense of reasoning of urs could also be apply going on xtian pilgrimage by the xtians? Even though it was never a religion mandatary obligation.
Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by Nobody: 5:31pm On Aug 07, 2016
jamesibor:
Islamize the damn country already.
. When xtians pilgrims enjoyed the same subsitdy,its called what? Christianization abi?
Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by Nobody: 5:34pm On Aug 07, 2016
magicminister:

I hate being a Nigerian i swear. I don't know which kain curse be this.
What did we do wrong?
Where did we go wrong?
A nation that subsidizes excursion trips while the economy is crumbling.

Follow me on naira land and I follow back.
. The landmass of the entire world is very large. Options to relocate available endlessly.
Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by Nobody: 5:37pm On Aug 07, 2016
maverickdude:
What do we call this.? Stupidity i think
Who hajj don epp angry
. The same subsidy goes to tourist to Jeruselem. Who jeruselem don epp. Madness.
Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by Nobody: 5:40pm On Aug 07, 2016
amuokuko:
Our leaders re useless.
Buhari was never the messiah, infact he is the Mess..

Selling at a loss because of religion yet u deny students of paying their tuition, you deny the manufacturers who source their raw material.

Nwanne, Nigeria Gba Oku..
Bunch of useless old amoebas...
. Show us the picture of ur grandpa and let the useless between the 2.
Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by Nobody: 5:45pm On Aug 07, 2016
Pavarottii:
First Class Citizens. Shebi wen FFK was asking whether Christians are second class citizens; I saw comments of people raining insults on him that he is a thief, he is trying to cause division etc... now I hope we can see with our clear eyes; that FFK was right, this is just an example.

Even Christian business men will never get this opportunity. But Muslims will get it for a vacation.

Christians open ur eyes; cos wen it will come to ur doorstep, don't say FFK didn't warn u.
. I challenge u b4 u expose ur ignorancy and bigotry to first find out from CAN or Christian pilgrims board if they receive the same subsidy from FG. If u choose to bear the tittle of 2nd class, its indeed a well deserved position.
Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by Nobody: 5:49pm On Aug 07, 2016
[quote author=4wrd9ja post=48199005]which way naija?
Anybody still expecting anything good from this government better have a rethink, a government that can not set its priorities right,that dwells mostly on mundane things,like using scarce forex to import grass,to subsidize private religious obligations at the expense of things that can add value like education, businesses and others that can improve productive capacities and impact positively on the people is not a serious government, even look at case of our athletes in rio does it depicts a serious government, its like every thing Buhari touches he ruined, remember his first coming,it might not be his fault, maybe its in his star, it is the people that must make objective assessment and prepare for the rough ride ahead and when next they have opportunity to choose,they will choose like a stakeholder,and without sentiments or baba sope
Oga. where were u when the xtian pilgrims enjoyed the same subsidy? who is fooling who?
Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by Nobody: 5:52pm On Aug 07, 2016
magicminister:

Bros the thing tire me no be small!!

Lalasticlala
. U are tired when the xtian pilgrims enjoyed the same subsidy abi? Nigeria will be great when be begin to be tolerent and respect each others faith.
Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by Nobody: 5:56pm On Aug 07, 2016
Abeymills:
This is d worst govt ever he has repackaged boko haram watch thier next target 2 go after Christians but God judgement will b swift dis time around yeye govt
. How much has bn stolen? Pls.tell me one single project Jonathan conceived,lunched,completed and commissioned in six years. No insult please.
Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by Nobody: 5:57pm On Aug 07, 2016
Jupiter7:
That's unfair to other Nigerians. This is partiality
. Other Nigerians like who?
Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by Nobody: 6:00pm On Aug 07, 2016
otukpo:
What?

Of what economic value is hajj to us as a nation?
.My brother,of what moral and economic value is going to jeruselem to Federal Republic of Nigeria?
Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by Nobody: 6:09pm On Aug 07, 2016
veekid:
Im a Muslim, but this is an act of being bias now
.Mr Muslim. Please explain how is it bias? What was ur research finding fr6 the office of the CAN President or Xtian pilgrims Board if they 2 received the same treatment during their pilgrimage excercise? Just talking any how. if u are a muslim then what? Both religion organisations receive the same subsidy from the FG. Where is the word bias coming from? imagine and u even called urself a muslim.
Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by Nobody: 6:14pm On Aug 07, 2016
blackberlin:
Another opportunity to siphon dollars at half its price.
So the problem Nigeria is facing now is Hajj abi?

Anybody who wants to go for hajj should go and get dollars at the black market. If the govt won't give FX to those importing and creating jobs and those studying abroad, why should.they give it to Hajj pilgrims? This is just a tactic to siphon dollars by APC political cohorts. . .

Thieves in disguise. . . keep deceiving urselves.
. Are u telling us u guys stole our dollas to Jereselem when the same subsidy was given to Xtian pilgrims. Hate and intolerance is the beginning and to the end of our problems in this country.
Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by veekid(m): 6:35pm On Aug 07, 2016
Ibrahim1975:
.Mr Muslim. Please explain how is it bias? What was ur research finding fr6 the office of the CAN President or Xtian pilgrims Board if they 2 received the same treatment during their pilgrimage excercise? Just talking any how. if u are a muslim then what? Both religion organisations receive the same subsidy from the FG. Where is the word bias coming from? imagine and u even called urself a muslim.

Who ask u qweshan?
Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by magicminister: 6:51pm On Aug 07, 2016
Ibrahim1975:
. U are tired when the xtian pilgrims enjoyed the same subsidy abi? Nigeria will be great when be begin to be tolerent and respect each others faith.

Hey man!
I don't think sponsoring excursions should be the priorities of the government.
We are in a recession but the government wanna throw away 11 million dollars?
Guy better recieve sense.
Christian or muslim, this senseless waste should be condemned!
Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by Demainman1: 7:27pm On Aug 07, 2016
They said GEJ wasted Nigeria money but I are now doing exactly same cheesy

HYPOCRITES!!!!
Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by 4wrd9ja: 8:34pm On Aug 07, 2016
[quote author=Ibrahim1975 post=48280680][/quote]

I don't do religion so its not about which religion benefits, let the government divorce itself from religion and face governance , governance is serious business
Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by Nobody: 8:35pm On Aug 07, 2016
magicminister:

Hey man!
I don't think sponsoring excursions should be the priorities of the government.
We are in a recession but the government wanna throw away 11 million dollars?
Guy better recieve sense.
Christian or muslim, this senseless waste should be condemned!
.Yes after this to balance the equation.
Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by magicminister: 10:21am On Aug 24, 2016
@heineken

I no wan tag you for the other thread.
Inbox me on icevillebeatz@gmail.com

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

BUA: No Increase In The Price Of Our Cement / $20billion Dollars Idle In Few Individual's Domiciliary Accounts-cbn / CBN Claims Responsibility For Parallel Market Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.