Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,377 members, 7,781,058 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:11 AM

Wrong National Anthem For Nigeria At RIO 2016: Nigerians React (Video) - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Wrong National Anthem For Nigeria At RIO 2016: Nigerians React (Video) (26955 Views)

Efe Ajagba Knocks Nigel Paul Out In Round One in 23 Seconds At RIO Olympics / katsuyatakasu, A Japanese To Reward Nigerian Players At Rio Olympics (picture) / Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wrong National Anthem For Nigeria At RIO 2016: Nigerians React (Video) by Simeony007(m): 8:19am On Aug 05, 2016
Are they that daft that they can't even ask for the anthem on whatsapp or BBM to mention but few. Awon ode
Re: Wrong National Anthem For Nigeria At RIO 2016: Nigerians React (Video) by Ruchidera(f): 8:19am On Aug 05, 2016
Harmored:
CHAI!!!!!!! see what BUHARI has caused

Nigeria and spirit of confusion
Re: Wrong National Anthem For Nigeria At RIO 2016: Nigerians React (Video) by collinzjay(m): 8:19am On Aug 05, 2016
Re: Wrong National Anthem For Nigeria At RIO 2016: Nigerians React (Video) by herzern(m): 8:19am On Aug 05, 2016
cool
Re: Wrong National Anthem For Nigeria At RIO 2016: Nigerians React (Video) by segebase(m): 8:20am On Aug 05, 2016
timi dakolo should have come along n sing for dem
Re: Wrong National Anthem For Nigeria At RIO 2016: Nigerians React (Video) by brunobaba(m): 8:20am On Aug 05, 2016
You all see a mistake,i see #racism...
Re: Wrong National Anthem For Nigeria At RIO 2016: Nigerians React (Video) by justicejay(m): 8:20am On Aug 05, 2016
Awon wherey
Re: Wrong National Anthem For Nigeria At RIO 2016: Nigerians React (Video) by oluboom(m): 8:21am On Aug 05, 2016
great to see its not only nigeria dat is confused, brazil has now joined the list. it is not a shame on nigeria, it is a shame on Brazil
Re: Wrong National Anthem For Nigeria At RIO 2016: Nigerians React (Video) by habsydiamond(m): 8:21am On Aug 05, 2016
As long as naija won the match if dey like make dem sing azonto as anthem na dem sabi ooo
Re: Wrong National Anthem For Nigeria At RIO 2016: Nigerians React (Video) by nijanigga: 8:23am On Aug 05, 2016
Harmored:
CHAI!!!!!!! see what BUHARI has caused

Nigeria and spirit of confusion
ipod, just to mention Buhari dey pain you.
Re: Wrong National Anthem For Nigeria At RIO 2016: Nigerians React (Video) by Orubebe01: 8:23am On Aug 05, 2016
Ipob yoot were in their control roomgrin
Re: Wrong National Anthem For Nigeria At RIO 2016: Nigerians React (Video) by alizma: 8:27am On Aug 05, 2016
It seems d dollar has swallowed everything in this country, including our national anthem. they just couldn't find it on d system.
Re: Wrong National Anthem For Nigeria At RIO 2016: Nigerians React (Video) by smartmoses(m): 8:28am On Aug 05, 2016
That is Zoo Anthem for you,take it or leave it,Brazil hv done their worst
Re: Wrong National Anthem For Nigeria At RIO 2016: Nigerians React (Video) by alizma: 8:28am On Aug 05, 2016
It seems d dollar has swallowed everything in this country, including our national anthem. they just couldn't find it on d system.
Re: Wrong National Anthem For Nigeria At RIO 2016: Nigerians React (Video) by holluphemydavid(m): 8:29am On Aug 05, 2016
It's part of change, cos dis is d first time am hearing dis kind of tin
Re: Wrong National Anthem For Nigeria At RIO 2016: Nigerians React (Video) by naptu2: 8:29am On Aug 05, 2016
This kind of thing often happens at international sporting events.

1) At Tunisia 2004, the organisers played Nigeria We Hail Thee, instead of Arise O Compatriots before Nigeria's semi-final match against Tunisia (we could see Kanu Nwankwo shouting "No!" when he heard the anthem).

2) The organisers of an olympics (I think it was Atlanta '96) hoisted a very strange looking nigerian flag. It had a very dark shade of green on it that made it unrecognisable. Nigerian officials complained during the flag raising ceremony and it was changed.

3) Organisers of the All Africa Games, Abuja 2003 did not have a CD of the Egyptian anthem at one of the events, so the stadium announcer got the egyptian that won the event to sing the anthem.

4) Organisers of the recent Copa America played the chilean anthem instead of the uruguayan anthem before the Uruguay vs Mexico match.

3 Likes

Re: Wrong National Anthem For Nigeria At RIO 2016: Nigerians React (Video) by ramalot(m): 8:29am On Aug 05, 2016
bumi10:

Nigerians Reacts Angrily Over Wrong National Anthem Played For Nigeria Team In RIO 2016

It is indeed pathetic for Brazil to make this kind of mistake. Rio 2016 have really started on the wrong note i must tell you. Playing a wrong National Anthem for a country Like Nigeria? I sincerely hope the Zikka Virus didn't affect the person in that control room ....lol. Why am i even laughing cuz this is not a laughing matter.

After the wrong Nigerian National anthem was played, Nigerians took to twitter to express their disappointment and displeasure at the organizers of the 2016 Rio Olympics. Read some of the comments ....

http://www.exlinklodge.com/2016/08/nigerians-reacts-angrily-over-wrong.html

I find it amusing when people stay stuff like this. "A country like Nigeria."

Nigeria is a totally worthless country outside of Africa, and in the grand scheme of things.

Aren't we talking about the same country where its athletes at THIS SAME tournament are facing starvation from neglect?
I bet deep down they were happy they didn't have to listen to that trash.

3 Likes

Re: Wrong National Anthem For Nigeria At RIO 2016: Nigerians React (Video) by DONSMITH123(m): 8:30am On Aug 05, 2016
yeye people. National Anthem or Not, we no win?
Re: Wrong National Anthem For Nigeria At RIO 2016: Nigerians React (Video) by emerged01(m): 8:32am On Aug 05, 2016
The reaction of the guys wan make I poo for bodygrin
Re: Wrong National Anthem For Nigeria At RIO 2016: Nigerians React (Video) by ormariona(m): 8:34am On Aug 05, 2016
I tire for diz country I tire for diz country
Re: Wrong National Anthem For Nigeria At RIO 2016: Nigerians React (Video) by FaithZion2(f): 8:34am On Aug 05, 2016
This is noting to bark about cos we r in Change era,dnt be surprise if one day we wake up and the contry name changes as well.drinking my hot otisi. kiss
Re: Wrong National Anthem For Nigeria At RIO 2016: Nigerians React (Video) by timilehin007(m): 8:34am On Aug 05, 2016
Original poster be like say national anthem don EPP you
Re: Wrong National Anthem For Nigeria At RIO 2016: Nigerians React (Video) by Nobody: 8:35am On Aug 05, 2016
ramalot:

I find it amusing when people stay stuff like this. "A country like Nigeria."

Nigeria is a totally worthless country outside of Africa, and in the grand scheme of things.

Aren't we talking about the same country where its athletes at THIS SAME tournament are facing starvation from neglect?
I bet deep down they were happy they didn't have to listen to that trash.
I agree with your points but remember the golden rule "only Nigerians have the sole right to disrespect Nigeria" any foreign entity will be reacted to
Re: Wrong National Anthem For Nigeria At RIO 2016: Nigerians React (Video) by subterfuge: 8:39am On Aug 05, 2016
PLEASE DON'T YOU KNOW THAT, THAT IS THE NEW IPOB AND BIAFRA NATIONAL ANTHEM? IT IS INTENTIONAL. FIFA WANTS THE WHOLE WORLD TO START TO EXPECT THIS IPOB ANTHEM SOON.
IPOB
IPOB
Re: Wrong National Anthem For Nigeria At RIO 2016: Nigerians React (Video) by MadCow1: 8:39am On Aug 05, 2016
Rio Olympics planning committee fails in their preparations and people blame the Nigerian Government.. grin grin grin grin grin grin

Somebody fhucked up in that control room, infact all the person had to do was google Nigerian National Anthem on a phone and play it through the phone sef.

The Nigerian Government had nothing to do with this shit.

And Nigeria is the greatest country in Africa but is also filled with the dumbest fhuckers in Africa.
Re: Wrong National Anthem For Nigeria At RIO 2016: Nigerians React (Video) by faruz: 8:41am On Aug 05, 2016
9ja gradually goin into extinction.....
Re: Wrong National Anthem For Nigeria At RIO 2016: Nigerians React (Video) by EmekaBlue(m): 8:44am On Aug 05, 2016
grin I like Mikel reaction...like wtf and looking where d weird sound is coming from not standing at attention
Re: Wrong National Anthem For Nigeria At RIO 2016: Nigerians React (Video) by soshi(m): 8:45am On Aug 05, 2016
that is the national anthem of THE UNITED STATES OF NIGERIA

1 Like

Re: Wrong National Anthem For Nigeria At RIO 2016: Nigerians React (Video) by ramalot(m): 9:00am On Aug 05, 2016
2dugged:
I agree with your points but remember the golden rule "only Nigerians have the sole right to disrespect Nigeria" any foreign entity will be reacted to

Obviously, it wasn't an attempt at disrespect by the Brazilians, just good ol' third world lousiness.

That said, Nigerians can react all they want to third-party opinions online about Nigeria.
However, it won't change the harsh realities they must return to, as soon as they drop their phones and laptops.
Re: Wrong National Anthem For Nigeria At RIO 2016: Nigerians React (Video) by Nobody: 9:02am On Aug 05, 2016
We should nt blame the organizerz at all. A country that is having almost 3 countries inside: nigeria, biafra and niger delta republic, na which anthem them go play before?
Re: Wrong National Anthem For Nigeria At RIO 2016: Nigerians React (Video) by omonla10(m): 9:06am On Aug 05, 2016
They should have given each of the players a microphone to sing it the orchestra way..
Re: Wrong National Anthem For Nigeria At RIO 2016: Nigerians React (Video) by nefertitiram: 9:12am On Aug 05, 2016
steppin:
So annoying. Which kain bad luck be that one?

Real bad luck o! Venezuela of all countries. Country that can no longer feed it's people. You sure say no b bad omen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Belgium Vs Panama: World Cup - 3 - 0 (Full Time) / Fernerbahce Signs Victor Moses From Chelsea On Loan (Photo) / Ahmad Musa: We Made Costly Mistakes Against Sierra Leone, We Sincerely Apologize

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.