Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,024 members, 7,807,020 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:40 AM

Nazaretha's Hood - The Missing File - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nazaretha's Hood - The Missing File (18867 Views)

The Missing Theme Elements In Most Stories / {Must Read} The Missing Period By Cyberprince / Fuel Scarcity And The Missing Prick: A Short Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nazaretha's Hood - The Missing File by olanshile2016(m): 4:34pm On Aug 09, 2016
Oyinprince:
Nazaretha's Hood - The Missing File (Starts Tomorrow : August 10) http://www.youngicee.com/2016/08/nazarethas-hood-missing-file.html

Welcome guys, everything is set. We fire on tomorrow.

Jellymusty, kikayboss, olanshile2016, mismore, SPDAZZY, Temtopy, Donkross1, Kingphilip, Tife101, Missmossy, tizblinks, Dfrenzy, hefelove

And Mr Nazaretha, con hear your story wink

alright*set alarm to august 10*
hope say this will not affect tarasha
donkross1,come warn ya guy o
Re: Nazaretha's Hood - The Missing File by Tife101(m): 5:04pm On Aug 09, 2016
Oyinprince:
Nazaretha's Hood - The Missing File (Starts Tomorrow : August 10) http://www.youngicee.com/2016/08/nazarethas-hood-missing-file.html

Jellymusty, kikayboss, olanshile2016, mismore, SPDAZZY, Temtopy, Donkross1, Kingphilip, Tife101, Missmossy, tizblinks, Dfrenzy, hefelove

Present !!!
Re: Nazaretha's Hood - The Missing File by kikayboss(m): 10:09pm On Aug 09, 2016
Oyinprince:

i dey here ooo...am presently present smiley
Re: Nazaretha's Hood - The Missing File by Oyinprince(m): 12:31pm On Aug 10, 2016
PROLOGUE

Please Do Not Copy or Distribute This Story and Plan To Apologize Later; It won't be accepted in any way.

© Oyin Oluwatosin Emmanuel

All rights reserved. No part of this work may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means without permission of the author.

Disclaimer : This story is a complete work of fiction, no resemblance to any real person, dead or living or real places and circumstance is intended.

The story begins with Chapter One tomorrow.
Click Here for information on how episodes would be posted.

It was a cool beautiful morning, the breeze was blowing gently and smoothly. Although it was just 5am, men could be seen on the streets with their bags, office files and some market women with their sacs of goods and wares hurrying down to their respective places of work and trade. The street cleaners - mostly middle-aged women - could also be seen cleaning up the roadsides and drainages with their torchlights stuck somewhere under their caps, they dared not wait until it was bright enough; the crowd of people and sellers that would have arrived the road wouldn't give them the chance to carry out their jobs.

Somewhere off the road was a street called Monibow, a jam-packed street it was; most of the houses were built in a disorderly manner and most of them were the "face me- I face you" houses. Most people living in the street were tenants, the few landlords who lived their had very funny looking houses which were old and in need of restructuring.

The name of the street "Monibow" was coined from the Yoruba clause "mi o ni bow" which is translated in English as "I won't bow". On that street lived the Ogbighe's family, in a house of their own.

Oh! Did I call it a house? Maybe it would be better described as an advanced hut. Okay, okay, let's just call it a house; I won't want to speak badly about the Ogbighe's prized possession. At least, it had two rooms, a kitchen and a toilet in it.

"Amen...amen...amen," sleepy voices could be heard chanting answers to prayers. That was how they had the Ogbighe's had their devotions every morning. For the children, that time was the most boring moment of their lives, to them always seemed longer than an all night payer meeting.

Ogbighe was the man of the house, married to his faithful wife, Lydia. Together, they had five kids; two boys and three girls. They used to all live in the two room apartment until one of the boys left the house to join the army. But the rest of the family lived happily in their two room apartment, well how do I describe it? They were happy; they never felt bad or less privileged about their situation.

The first child was a girl named Patience, she was twenty five, a student in a nearby college of education. She wasn't at home most times, she stayed with her friends in the school hostel. As the eldest in the house, she felt no need to keep bothering her parents with her own burdens, so she worked as a per time teacher in a secondary school to take care of her needs and only came home sometimes at weekends to spend time with her family.

The Second Child, a male, twenty two years old named Testament was a school dropout. He had stopped schooling in his two hundred level when the struggle to pay his school fee had become much for his parents. He took the army recruitment form and passed the exam. Since when he left home, he had never stepped back into the house. The only time they heard from him was when he sent a message home through his friend, telling them he was fine and they should not bother about him.

The third child was another girl, aged twenty, her name was Covenant. Since she left secondary school four years ago, she had sat for waec and Jamb examinations three times without success, she then decided to register in a vocational training centre and learn hairdressing which she proved to be very good at.

Their fourth child was a boy, eighteen years old, he was christened Nazaretha. He was a fresh secondary school leaver, the most intelligent and promising child in the family. Though he had a quiet nature, he wasn't a gentle person, only those who were close to him knew this. One thing which held him from becoming a total bad boy was the upbringing that he and his siblings went through.

The fifth child, Magdalene was only fourteen years old. She was in the Senior secondary school first level and she attended the nearby school to her house, which all of her siblings also attended, Government Day Secondary School.

"[1] He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
[2] I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
[3] Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.
[4] He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
[5] Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;
[6] Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.
[7] A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee..."

The whole family recited the Psalm for the day in unison, although the children were yawning occasionally. The book of Psalms was their dad's favorite, even if Psalms wasn't part of the scripture reading for that day, he would still make the family include one or two verses from the book. After Psalms, it was Proverbs, then other books came after in no particular order. Lydia was also a fan of Psalms like her husband, so the children had no other choice than to like Psalms too and make it their favourite except for Nazaretha who choose Songs Of Solomon as his favorite, then Psalms was next after.

After the devotion for the day, the children went about their daily chores while the parents began to prepare for work. Ogbighe worked six days a week, he only had Sundays for himself and he always took the Sabbath seriously.
This Friday, he had someone important to meet before going to work, so he rushed his preparation process.

Lydia also began to prepare to go to the canteen where she worked as a cook and assistant to the owner. The children went about their activities the normal way, except for Nazaretha who was unusually in a rush, no one understood why he was rushing but they all remembered that he mentioned the last night that he was going with some of his friends to do a menial job that morning. But that wasn't enough reason for his rush, it wasn't the first time he was going to do a menial job.

Chapter 1 Part 1 is available on www.youngicee.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nazaretha's Hood - The Missing File by Tife101(m): 12:58pm On Aug 10, 2016
Following bumper to bumper....Weldone bro..
Re: Nazaretha's Hood - The Missing File by kikayboss(m): 2:56pm On Aug 10, 2016
ma nigga Nazaretha its time for *story of your life*...following you bruv
Re: Nazaretha's Hood - The Missing File by Rukkydelta(f): 4:18pm On Aug 10, 2016
Following bumber to bumber
Re: Nazaretha's Hood - The Missing File by Dfrenzy(m): 5:31pm On Aug 10, 2016
Nice one prince...
Re: Nazaretha's Hood - The Missing File by tizblink: 7:15pm On Aug 10, 2016
Sleek! cheesy
Re: Nazaretha's Hood - The Missing File by donkross1(m): 9:03pm On Aug 10, 2016
Faya on grin
Re: Nazaretha's Hood - The Missing File by Vidamia(m): 9:35pm On Aug 10, 2016
at oyinprince, i'm waiting for next episode... ...Hurry oooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nazaretha's Hood - The Missing File by Jellymusty(f): 11:05pm On Aug 10, 2016
Present + am gonna follow this to the end

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nazaretha's Hood - The Missing File by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 7:53am On Aug 11, 2016

2 Likes

Re: Nazaretha's Hood - The Missing File by Nazaretha(m): 8:04am On Aug 11, 2016
The silent drizzle that strikes the loudest thunder. Nazaretha.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nazaretha's Hood - The Missing File by hefelove(m): 11:13am On Aug 11, 2016
Green snake under the green grass. Nazaretha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nazaretha's Hood - The Missing File by TeleboiZ005(m): 3:34pm On Aug 11, 2016
following!....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nazaretha's Hood - The Missing File by Temtopy(f): 10:15pm On Aug 11, 2016
Oyinprince is at it again grap ur seat now!!!!!!!!! respect baba o, u r too much
more anointing sir
Re: Nazaretha's Hood - The Missing File by Oyinprince(m): 10:16am On Aug 12, 2016
Chapter 1 Part 1

Nazaretha increased the suspicion in his siblings' heart when after which he was done with his chores and had his bath, he clad himself in one of his favorite clothes and held no change of clothing with him before leaving the house. 

He walked down the street with springs in his steps. Clad in his new skinny jean, the one had bought from the last salary he collected before he stopped working. It had been his favorite since he bought it two months ago, he wore it to all special events and ceremonies he was invited for. 

He had worked in a biscuit factory for three months after completing his secondary school education and writing the final exams.The salary he got from the job was meagre, so little that it couldn't cater for his needs as a young man. He decided to stop it and join his friends do menial jobs which would guarantee him immediate money instead of waiting for the month to come to an end. 

"Mighty Joe," he hailed as he saw one of his friends. 

"Na-za-re-tha!" Mighty Joe hailed back in a strong bass voice. Mighty Joe was dressed in a yellow factory overall and helmet, holding nothing in his hands except his small Nokia torchlight phone. 

Mighty Joe was way older than Nazaretha, he was in his mid-twenties, a senior secondary school certificate holder but well educated outside the confines of school, he could also speak fluent English whenever situation demands. He and Nazaretha had become friends because of Nazaretha's good football skills, they met one day on one Friday evening on the field where they played their street soccer; they called this particular style "Monkey Post". Nazaretha was in the opposite team to Mighty Joe's and was playing the forward position that day while Mighty Joe played the defense position. Several times did Nazaretha fix the ball in between Mighty Joe's legs and score easily by playing into the net which was too small to be guarded by any goalkeeper. Another thing that attracted Mighty Joe to Nazaretha was the way Nazaretha had dealt with a boy who was older than him after the boy had dealt him a very rough tackle. Nazaretha seemed to be a bold and daring person to him. 

"Bros, you dey go work this morning?" Nazaretha asked a question which had a very obvious answer. 

"No o, I dey go beer parlour." Mighty Joe felt like replying but out of respect for his little friend, he smiled and answered correctly. "Yes, I don go before self. I come back because I forget something. This one wey you dress like this self, na work you too dey go?" 

"Yes o Bros, na work I dey go." Nazaretha replied smiling. 

"Make you do well o," Mighty Joe said in a playful warning tone.

"Thank you bros, we go see later for evening."

"You want to come to my house?" Mighty Joe stopped and asked, he seemed to always switched to correct English when he wanted to say something serious. 

"I never know o Bros, I fit come if I quick close sha." 

"Oya na, no lele." Mighty Joe replied and began to walk fast. He was a casual worker in a bottle producing company around the area, he resumed work by eight in the morning and closed by four pm in the afternoon, Mondays to Fridays. 

Nazaretha also increased his steps, he tried not to stain his white All-Stars shoe on the dusty road. Several other people were on the street, most were owners of small kiosks and shops, some had no brick walled or concrete made shops but displayed their goods and wares in wooden structures which had barb wires as their walls to allow visibility of their goods by people. The wooden structure was called "canter" in their local language. 

Nazaretha hissed as he got to a place where small kids were playing a small plastic made football, popularly called "pako ball". The quantity of dust being emitted by the rough play of the material, their constant falling to the ground and running up and down like blind people was what was annoying him. He feared that one of them could run and touch his body with their dust infested hands and get his clothes dirty. 

He managed to escape them by passing the corridors of shops and by the wall of a house. He straightened up his shirt after passing and continued bouncing to his destination. Soon, he got to an uncompleted building on which work was still in progress. He stood at the entrance and covered the two sides of his mouth with his palm, "Chinko, Chinko," he called softly. 

"Ogbeni, dey come inside jare." A voice called from within. 

"Chinko, una still dey here?" Nazaretha asked as he got into one of the rooms. Chinko was in the place with two other boys who were seated on different six inches blocks. They all had their shirts off and were all sweating, Chinko was rolling his shirt to fan himself. His real name was Chima, he got the name chinko because of his white colour and his strange resemblance to a popular Chinese film actor. Chinko was an half-caste, his father was an American man who had come to invest in Nigeria but had his funds mismanaged. During struggles, he impregnated Chima's mother who out of naivety opened her legs for him with the hope of getting him to marry her so that one day she could go to America with him. Six days after she announced her pregnancy to him was when he disappeared and nineteen years after, she had not heard anything from or about him. 

"No, we don comot, we dey inside club house." Chinko replied him and the other guys laughed. With the way Chinko spoke pidgin English, a person who was meeting him for the first time would be surprised that a white boy was speaking the language very fluently. 

"Una no serious," Nazaretha joined in the laughter. "But why una con dey sweat like this for this early morning?"

"Oh boy, we dey work out, we go gym." One of the other boys answered him, he stood up to his feet and slapped his developing muscles and abs. 

"Yeah, shey you don get six packs?" Chinko asked. 

"Six packs?" Nazaretha asked like an innocent boy. "Wetin I wan use am do na? E dey make money for person bank account increase?"

"See this one o, if you want make that package click well, you need to get packs o." Chinko said. 

"Ehn, if na packs I get am na." Nazaretha claimed. 

"Haha," Chinko and the other guy laughed out loud, the third who had been silent since also joined them in the laughter. 

"You think say na ribs or bone we dey talk for here?" The second guy countered. 

"Una want make I pull?" Nazaretha asked boldly. 

"Abeg, no pull o. We no wan see flat chest and bones o." Chinko said, jeering at him with the other boys. 

"Okay na," Nazaretha ignored their comments and went ahead to take off his shirt. Forgetting that he was dressed in a white shirt for something else entirely, he threw the shirt to the floor boastfully. He also took off his white singlet and dropped it on the ground too. 

"Chi...sos!" The boys exclaimed on seeing his already developed abs and chest, they were completely amazed and couldn't close their mouths again. 

"Nazaretha!" the third guy exclaimed, standing up from the block. "So you don dey gym since all these days and you no tell us?"

"Who tell you say I dey gym?" Nazaretha replied boastfully. "Na natural gift from God."

"Chai, na lie you dey lie. Your body no be like this the last time I see your chest na." Chinko argued. 

"When last you see my chest?" Nazaretha retorted. 

"'Ermm..." Chinko hummed, trying to recall the last time he really saw Nazaretha's chest. He remembered that Nazaretha never pulled his shirt while working like the rest of them, he always had something to cover his chest. "But I see am when we dey secondary school na."

"Yes, the thing don dey develop that time but never come out well. Na now e con dey show well." Nazaretha said. 

"'Hmm... Na-za-re-tha!" The guys hailed. 

"So where una con dey gym una own na?" Nazaretha asked, his pride had totally made him forget what he came for. 

"Check that side," Chinko said, pointing him to another room. Nazaretha went to the room to check, he saw their locally made weights and gym benches. 

"Una try o," Nazaretha said as he returned. 

"Wait Nazaretha, why you dress like this self?" The second boy asked. 

Nazaretha came back to his senses as he heard the question, he dashed for his cloth which was stained already. To make matters worst, one of his friends had dropped his sweaty cloth on it. 

"Shi*t!" Nazaretha cursed. "Ooh!" He exclaimed bitterly, stamping his feet on the ground. "Today na Friday na."

"Ehen? Wetin dey happen for Friday?" Chinko asked. 

"No be una say make I dress well come? Una say Ibukun dey pass this area by 9 o'clock on Fridays and her boss no dey quickly come."

"Ooh! Ibukun," the guys exclaimed. 

Chinko quickly took out his phone to check the time, "na 8.45 be time na, she go still pass."

"Oya wear your cloth, make we cook you up sharp sharp." The second guy said. 

Nazaretha carefully separated his shirt from his friend's sweaty cloth and began to put it on. Today must not pass by without him professing his love to Ibukun. His friends had promised to help him and back him up. 

The second boy's name was Charly while the third one was called Sunday. 

...to be continued

Read Chapter 1 pt 2 on www.youngicee.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nazaretha's Hood - The Missing File by tizblink: 10:49am On Aug 12, 2016
I dislike this suspense Ooh.
Nice one tho'. As always
Re: Nazaretha's Hood - The Missing File by hefelove(m): 12:46pm On Aug 12, 2016
In stories like this Nazaretha will now become the baddest guy among his friends he'll be the one controlling most babes in the hood
Re: Nazaretha's Hood - The Missing File by TeleboiZ005(m): 1:10pm On Aug 12, 2016
Nice update...still following
Re: Nazaretha's Hood - The Missing File by Oyinprince(m): 2:56pm On Aug 14, 2016
The Missing File - Chapter 1 Part 3

Ibukun was the slim busty girl who worked at theCyber Cafe down the street. She was also aSecondary School leaver like Nazaretha but left school a year before him. She had a pretty face and a good figure, Nazaretha said he liked her because of her personality but his friends never agreed with him, they believed he wanted her because of her bust.

Nazaretha had worn back his cloth, although it was already stained by the side, he decided to try his luck nevertheless, it was possible that she wouldn't even look at his clothes. His handsome face and good shape was enough to convince her, he only needed to add a sugar-coated mouth to his qualities.

He stood outside the uncompleted building waiting for her while his friends hid behind the walls and windows. He glanced at his watch from time to time, the girl appeared from behind the house at exactly 9:02 am. She was dressed in a tight blue blouse and a black mini skirt.

Instead of Nazaretha to follow after her immediately, he was held back by an inexplicable force. He continued to stare at her backside as she proceeded further. Although he had always being a silent "current tapper" and "presser" of girls who flocked around him in school because of hishandsomeness and intelligence, he had never tried to woo or date any.

Nazaretha finally developed courage and began walk after her without her noticing. He was almost closing up on her when something fell from the bag she was holding. She bent over to pick it, oblivious of the person watching her from the back.

"Oh Lord!" Nazaretha exclaimed as her skirt raised up as she bent. "Thou leadeth me not into temptation but delivereth me from evil."

The girl heard his voice and quickly turned back after picking up her pen, she drew her skirt down and hissed before walking away from the place, feeling embarrassed. Nazaretha could not follow after her anymore, he just stood and watched until she walked away.

"Chai, this guy you mumu o." Chinko mocked him as he came out of his hiding place with the otherguys.

"Walahi, she no fit ever gree for you again," Sunday joined in the mocking.

"Why you con mess up like that na?" Charly asked.

Nazaretha was feeling defeated and embarrassed, he had messed up big time. Not only was he not courageous enough to approach her, he went ahead to make her have the impression of him as a bad boy.

"E be like say me go go for this girl o, her back and front sides no be play o," Chinko said, thinking aloud to himself.

"If you try am ehn, I go kill you." Nazaretha threatened.

"Hahaha," Chinko laughed, pointing his finger at Nazaretha's face. "You wey you no fit follow girl talk na im wan kill person? You think say person na fowl?" He said and began to walk away, putting on his shirt which was hung around his neck.

"Make una warn am o," Nazaretha said to the two other boys.

"Abeg, shut up jare," Sunday said to him. "As you don mess up, make the rest of us dey look like mumu?" He said before joining Chinko.

"Oh boy, you miss no be small. You con dey shake like chicken because of girl," Charly also taunted him before joining the other two.

Nazaretha placed his hands on his waist as he watched his friends walk away. He had always tried to fit in with them, trying to level up with their skills and have the same stories like them. They were his closest friends and they had several stories of their sex escapades with girls right from their secondary school days. The only story he had to tell was of his "current tapping" and he dared not say them because he knew he would be laughed at.

He had come from a strong religious home and his father had always sounded warnings to his ears about sleeping with a girl or keeping a girlfriend. His father Ogbighe always told him of the dangers attached to it and the various diseases one could get from unprotected sexual intercourse. Most importantly, his father told him of how he could become separated from God by the single foolish act.

But the way his friends sees the same thing was different. Their stories about girls and sex sounded more interesting and less dangerous To him it was fun; he could even tell from the excitement he got whenever a girl was pressing her bust on him or when he had the opportunity to touch. He concluded that his father had only been trying to scare him and make him a coward.

He was bold, strong and courageous, but these have only been shown in school and academic activities. Thr qualities have not been extended to the streets and "big boyism". He always looked like the dullest person whenever he was with his friends.

He began to walk slowly, dipping his hands into his pocket. He knew where his friends had gone to but he was not going to meet them, not that day. He wanted to go home and rest and maybe plan his life and think out a way he was going to exceed his friends in all their adventures. He decided in his heart that he wouldn't mess up again before his friends, he would make sure they stopped seeing him as a novice. He was their "father" in school and he had to be their "father" in every area.

As he raised up his head and looked up, he saw Ibukun approaching hurriedly, it looked like she had forgotten something at home . She had already dropped her bag and other things she was carrying when she passed the previous time.

Nazaretha heart began to beat faster again, he was about to freeze like the previous time but he saw his friends suddenly appear behind at a far distance, looking towards his direction. He was sure they were watching to see what he would do this time, he remembered the promise he just made to himself few seconds ago, not to mess up in front of his friend's again. Could he keep that promise?

She was coming closer to him and his lips were still trembling, searching for words to say; out of anxiety, he had forgotten all the lines his friends gave him to use. He looked up again and saw Chinko fixing his gaze at him from afar with his arms folded. He remembered Chinko mentioning that he would go after her since he has messed up, that gave him more courage, he had to take a step now or else Chinko would do as he had said.

"Ibukun," Nazaretha managed to call as she got to the same line with him. She stopped and raised her brow, she stared at his face with a scolding look on her face.

Her expression got him more tensed, he didn'tknow what to say again, she was about walking away, Chinko and his other friends' eyes were fixed on him.

"I'm so...rry for wh..what happened ear...lier on," he stammered, avoiding her eyes.

She hissed and walked away without giving him a response. He stood still and stared at the ground for some seconds.

"Nazaretha," he could hear Charly calling him from afar, after the girl had walked out of earshot. He looked up and saw Charly waving his hand at him, signaling for him to come.

Something looked good about Charly's beckoning, so Nazaretha hurried to meet him. Sunday and Chinko were looking away when he got to them.

"Take," Charly said , handing over a bunch of keys to him. "This is what she's looking for, it dropped before she hurried out of this compound"

Nazaretha took the key wondering what he would use it for.

Sunday and Chinko began to laugh at him after noticing the confusion which was clearly written on his face. Charly too was disappointed that Nazaretha was confused about what to use the key for. He pulled Nazaretha away from the earshots of Chinko and Sunday.

"You no know wetin to use am do?" Charly asked in whispers.

"'Ermm..." He paused to think. " Use it to get closer to the girl abi, like a good Samaritan who found the key for her?"

"Ehen, why you con dey look like groundnutbefore?" Charly said, happy that Nazaretha was finally using his brain. "No mess up this time o, make we go wait for her." He said and pulled Nazaretha with him.

...to be continued

Read Part 3 on www.youngicee.com

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nazaretha's Hood - The Missing File by hefelove(m): 3:11pm On Aug 14, 2016
So the missing file na from that bag he miss. Issokay Good job padi mi
Re: Nazaretha's Hood - The Missing File by tizblink: 3:38pm On Aug 14, 2016
Tuesday seems like forever.
Nice one man, nice one.
Re: Nazaretha's Hood - The Missing File by Rukkydelta(f): 5:28pm On Aug 15, 2016
hefelove:
In stories like this Nazaretha will now become the baddest guy among his friends he'll be the one controlling most babes in the hood
lol

Speaking from experience I gue
Re: Nazaretha's Hood - The Missing File by Rukkydelta(f): 5:28pm On Aug 15, 2016
hefelove:
lol

Speaking from experience I guess
Re: Nazaretha's Hood - The Missing File by Tife101(m): 5:42pm On Aug 15, 2016
Keep it up man.....following....

1 Like

Re: Nazaretha's Hood - The Missing File by hefelove(m): 6:30pm On Aug 15, 2016
Rukkydelta:
lol
Speaking from experience I gue
maybe lol
Re: Nazaretha's Hood - The Missing File by Jellymusty(f): 9:00pm On Aug 15, 2016
Kip it rolling bros
Re: Nazaretha's Hood - The Missing File by Oyinprince(m): 7:17am On Aug 16, 2016
The Missing File - Chapter 1 Part 3

"She don dey come already," Charly announced to the three boys, particularly to Nazaretha. Nazaretha straightened up his shirt and prepared himself for another trial. He took a peep from where he was at Tayonet Cyber Cafe where Ibukun worked. This time, he was ready to disappoint Chinko and Sunday who were of the opinion that he was just wasting his time and that there was nothing for him that day with the girl.

Finally the girl came into sight, she was looking furious and unhappy, searching the ground thoroughly as she walked towards her place of work.

"Oya na," Charly tapped Nazaretha on the back when he saw that he wasn't moving yet.

Nazaretha finally stepped out of their hiding place and proceeded towards the girl, he could feel the eyes of his three friends on him from behind.

"Ibukun," Nazaretha called as he got close to her. She ignored without even stopping to look at him, she continued to move forward and search for her keys.

"What are you looking for? Maybe I can join you in the search," Nazaretha offered, not minding the passersby that were now looking at them.

"Don't you have work to do?" Ibukun slammed at him. "Can't you see it's too early for you to start roaming about the streets?" She eyed him, hissed and walked away from his presence. She went straight to the front of the Cyber Cafe and began to handle the huge padlock with her hands, feeling agitated but disgusted at the same time with Nazaretha's presence.

"Are you searching for this?" Nazaretha asked, dangling the keys from the entrance of the balcony.

Ibukun turned back and stared at him in surprise. She took a quick walk to him and attempted to snatch the keys away, Nazaretha hid the keys from her.

"Come on, give me back my keys." She said to him.

"Come on, give me back my keys." Nazaretha mimicked, poking his nose at her. "How do you prove that they are yours?"

"Okay, Please," she pleaded, rubbing her palms together.

"Try a little more," Nazaretha said.

"Please na," she pleaded in the same manner again. "Today is Friday and my 'oga' would be here soon. He'll be pissed with me if the shop is not well swept and arranged yet."

"Okay," Nazaretha stepped into the balcony and proceeded to the aluminum door with the keys. "I'll help you open it."

"Don't worry, just give it to me." She said and rushed after him.

Nazaretha hid the keys again, "if you're going to keep doing like this, your 'oga' may meet us here."

"Okay," Ibukun gave up. "Open it." she said and placed her hands on her waists, watching him while he unlocked the padlock.

"Here," he said after opening the doors widely.

"Thanks," she said and open her palms for him to drop the keys there.

"Let me help you with cleaning also," Nazaretha said.

"Huh?" Her eyes widened and she shook her head no.

"I want to browse too, so let me help you hasten the process." He said.

"No, just wait outside if you want to browse. I'll tell you when the shop is ready," she retorted.

"No, you won't clean fas..." Nazaretha was saying when a familiar voice interrupted him from the back.

"Na-za-re-tha! Ehen? Na here you come abi? Papa dey house dey find you o."

Nazaretha froze in shock and anger, why had she come at a time like this when he was just making progress on his task. Never had they met on the street before, it was only at home or at her shop, today she had decided to come meet him on the street and worst still speak pidgin English when he was already forming "Behind" for Ibukun.

Ibukun already turned back and was looking at the lady's face and Nazaretha's, expecting him to reply his sister. But Nazaretha did not want to turn back, he wished she would just pretend as if she had not seen him and go. It was bad enough that she had come to spoil his show with her pidgin English and he didn't want to turn to see her dressing because he was sure she'll be dressed in an old woman fashion, which was a kind of picture he was told by his friends not to present to Ibukun.

"Nazaretha, you no hear?" Patience shouted and stepped into the balcony.

"Leave me o aunty," Nazaretha said angrily and hurriedly walked past her without turning or waiting to say goodbye to Ibukun.

Ibukun just stood there, watching the drama, she greeted Patience in low tones. Patience turned without replying and followed after Nazaretha. Like Nazaretha had presumed, she wasn't dressed properly, she was putting on a singlet for ladies and a wrapper was tied around her chest, her hair was also covered with a loosely tied scarf.

As Nazaretha hurried away, he saw his friends at the corner, with the disappointment for him written on their faces. He took his gaze away and hurried down the street, back to his house.

"Nazaretha, where did you keep the bag you took from me yesterday?" Ogbighe was the first to confront Nazaretha immediately he walked into the house.

"Papa, which one?" Nazaretha asked, staring at his Dad in surprise. His anger with his sister was slowly fading away.

"The one you collected from me when I returned from work," the father replied.

"I kept it in your room," Nazaretha said to him and walked straight into their parent's room to search for it.

His father waited in the living room for him and after several minutes without seeing him come out, he joined him. He saw Nazaretha searching furiously everywhere for the bag, he folded his arms and continued to watch his son.

"I've searched all those places already," he said making Nazaretha turn to look at him.

"But I kept it here on your table." Nazaretha said, looking confused.

"Please try remember where you kept it, my boss is waiting for me. We have some important things there," Ogbighe said, getting impatient with his son. This was the first time Ogbighe's boss was ever keeping anything with him, so Ogbighe saw it as a rear opportunity, it could also mean that he would be promoted soon and his pay would be increased.

Nazaretha placed his hands on his waist and tried to recall the events of the past day, he was with his friends when his father had returned home in the evening. He saw the father from a distance and left his friends alone to help his father with the bag, he kept it was on the table in his parent's room. But no sign of the bag could be seen on the table or anywhere near it, could it be that someone had moved it? He wasn't bold enough to ask his father if he or his mother had by any chance moved it.

"Oh God!" Ogbighe exclaimed as his phone began to ring. "Thou art the one who saves me from all tribulations, thou would surely make a way for me in this thing that is about to befall me." He prayed quickly before answering the call.

"Ogbighe, where are you?" A voice shouted from the other end of the phone.

"Sir..." Ogbighe stammered, trying to find an excuse to give his boss, but as a good Christian, he would rather face consequences than to lie. "Sir, I'll be bringing the bag soon," he finally said.

"Just come back now, I would postpone my visit to the bank to next week." His boss said.

"Okay sir," he said and cut the call. He made a quick silent prayer and opened his eyes to see Nazaretha standing in front of him with the bag already.

"Where did you now keep it since?" He slammed at his son and snatched the bag before hurrying away.

Nazaretha stood still watching his father hurry out, he wished that there was a way he could turn the blame around and put it on his father. He had found the bag under the bed opened and left carelessly. His Dad must have been the one who opened it like that because no one else was bold enough to touch his bag.

As he stepped out of their parent's room, his eyes met with Patience, they both eyed each other wickedly and walked past without saying anything.

Read Chapter 1 Part 4 on www.youngicee.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nazaretha's Hood - The Missing File by Dfrenzy(m): 8:27am On Aug 16, 2016
Nice one Prince
Re: Nazaretha's Hood - The Missing File by Jellymusty(f): 11:48pm On Aug 16, 2016
Nazaretha sister don spoil show

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Life As A Secondary School Teacher Season 1»(18+)by Abayomi Oluwafaith / All That Glitters (18+) / Dead Trap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.