Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,342 members, 7,808,203 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:38 AM

Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims (30533 Views)

The Currency Exchange Rates For Today, August 1, 2017 / FOREX Users Dump BDCs As Naira/dollar Rates Converge / Many Companies Will Start Closing Shop Due To CBN Forex Policy – MAN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by sinistermind(m): 11:05am On Aug 05, 2016
Nigerians on twitter are reacting angrily to the CBN directives to banks and authorized Forex dealers to sell dollars to intending Muslim pilgrims at N197 to $1. Many Nigerians feel the directive is insensitive mostly at this time when our economy is in recession. They are of the opinion that such subsidies should be given to Education, Health, manufacturing and other key sectors. See some reactions.

2 Shares

Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by sinistermind(m): 11:07am On Aug 05, 2016
More

2 Shares

Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by Abeymills(m): 11:17am On Aug 05, 2016
Buhari there is God o d position u ocupy 2day is temporal watever evil n destruction of our peace progress n unity as a nation u do will hunt u n ur entire generations

94 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by UjGina: 11:36am On Aug 05, 2016
Nigeria economy is in comatose and the CBN as at today tailor its policies to suit a staunch dullard of presidiot

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by Nobody: 11:50am On Aug 05, 2016
FFK,FAYOSE has said this many times but some people would choose to be blinded by hatred for the duo and reject the message and the messenger.isn't it clearing this man called buhari has an agenda to make we christain as second class citizens in our country.sometimes I wonder if this APC people has jazzed some nigerians that they choose to support them even when its clear this guys have no idea to take this nation forward.all nigerian politicians are big fuckers I hate them all but I choose not to be blinded when I see the truth been said.but buhari hear this u can't islamatise this country kukuma we go use war scatter am finish

137 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by Nobody: 11:54am On Aug 05, 2016
change is here

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by HurtgenForest: 11:57am On Aug 05, 2016
This is what Nigeria has become under buhari and the very annoying thing is that people on nairaland are hell bent on defending this man at all costs. To these set of people, whatever Buhari does is right; Buhari can never be wrong on any issue.

As I write, Nigerians kids are dropping out of school because their parents can no longer pay their school fees due to scarcity of forex. Today a dollar sells for N400 in the parallel market.

If we described GEJ's government as clueless please how do we describe Buhari's government?

How can a sane government with all the challenges around forex in this country still be talking about making forex available for hajj and at N197 for that matter?

It is well!

149 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by HurtgenForest: 11:57am On Aug 05, 2016
Lalasticlala
Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by HurtgenForest: 12:04pm On Aug 05, 2016
adajiboyy:
FFK,FAYOSE has said this many times but some people would choose to be blinded by hatred for the duo and reject the message and the messenger.isn't it clearing this man called buhari has an agenda to make we christain as second class citizens in our country.sometimes I wonder if this APC people has jazzed some nigerians that they choose to support them even when its clear this guys have no idea to take this nation forward.all nigerian politicians are big fuckers I hate them all but I choose not to be blinded when I see the truth been said.but buhari hear this u can't islamatise this country kukuma we go use war scatter am finish

You must understand that some people are destined to shout 'sai baba' for the rest of their lives here on earth.

To these ones, buhari is the lord & saviour and can never be wrong.

These ones are omenka/progressive01, Obailala, aresa/arresa/aressa, vedaxcool, etc.

95 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by Progressive01(m): 12:15pm On Aug 05, 2016
HurtgenForest:

You must understand that some people are destined to shout 'sai baba' for the rest of their lives here on earth.

These ones are omenka/progressive01, Obailala, aresa/arresa/aressa, vedaxcool, etc.
smiley

Some iDaft Yoots have started with their show of shame yet again. They would NEVER learn from the past.

They wake up every morning with belly aching from the hatred it's filled with and start crawling all over the place spitting venomous saliva, trying desperately to infect others with the disease which took hold of them since their stupid god lost an election.

In just a couple of months, just like they were shamed in the ambassadorial screening saga, the Ese Oruru saga, the Enugu state street hawking saga, the Enugu state HoA saga, PDP zoning saga and the countless rest of them, they will be forced to feed on their own excrement on this as well.

We saw it happen last year and I bet it will happen this time too.

Play politics with tact, wisdom and without all that emotions and bitterness- they would never listen.

Intelligent folks have been insisting from the word go government hands off sponsorship of this charade be it for Muslims or Christians. A man's relationship with their God is a personal and private affair and should remain so. Anyone who wants to go visit some shithole they call holly land ANYWHERE should do so from their pockets. Pilgrimage has never been a prerequisite for salvation anywhere in the bible or qur'an (abi how una dey spell am sef).

This nonsense propaganda from certain idiots trying desperately to paint Baba as what he isn't failed before the election when they spared no expense to do so, and it will not succeed now either. But being the idiots these people are, they'd keep on this trajectory even if it means their death because that seems to be the only armoury they've got in their arsenal.

Na una go tire.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by CyberWolf: 12:18pm On Aug 05, 2016
Very bleeped up country.. We that wanted to travel abroad for further studies, you told us to go and buy dollars at parallel market for #400/$ But Hajj/pilgrimage which has zero impact in the country's development, you are subsidizing dollar for them? .. Nawa oo.. This country is really fcked.. Meeeeeeeen .. Abeg I need Biafra angry

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by EpicMaurice(m): 12:22pm On Aug 05, 2016
Just make sure you people also subsidise the dollar for the christians going on jerusalem pilgrimage.....or else.......

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by obailala(m): 12:30pm On Aug 05, 2016
HurtgenForest:

These ones are o menka/progre ssive01, Ob ailala, ar esa/arr esa/a ressa, vedaxcool, etc.
Bla bla bla.. nonsense!

If you had half of the brain power or intellect you claim to have, you would have done your little assigment to see that some of the people you mentioned above actually condemn bubu when he does silly things. But then, how can you possibly exercise this sort of intellect when you still drown yourself in the sorrow and trauma of your hero losing an election over a year ago?

7 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by Progressive01(m): 12:35pm On Aug 05, 2016
obailala:
Bla bla bla.. nonsense!

If you had half of the brain power or intellect you claim to have, you would have done your little assigment to see that some of the people you mentioned above actually condemn bubu when he does silly things. But then, how can you possibly exercise this sort of intellect when you still drown yourself in the sorrow and trauma of your hero losing an election over a year ago?
these guys are just so irritating. Small sense like this them no gree get.

Tufiakwa.

This isn't normal at all. There's gotta be some sort of ancestral curse somewhere.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by Nobody: 12:41pm On Aug 05, 2016
HurtgenForest:

I swear its painful when youth are been fooled by old men..do this party even pay this guys for there blind following?

64 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by obailala(m): 12:52pm On Aug 05, 2016
Progressive01:
these guys are just so irritating. Small sense like this them no gree get.

Tufiakwa.

This isn't normal at all. There's gotta be some sort of ancestral curse somewhere.
This isn't an ancestral matter, this is just a case of self inflicted trauma. Even Jonathan and PDP that lost the election have since moved on. But some die-hard supporters just want to kill themselves over nothing; now they keep losing their minds everyday.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by HurtgenForest: 12:58pm On Aug 05, 2016
obailala:
This isn't an ancestral matter, this is just a case of self inflicted trauma. Even Jonathan and PDP that lost the election have since moved on. But some die-hard supporters just want to kill themselves over nothing; now they keep losing their minds everyday.

You are the ones losing your minds like this. cheesy cheesy

99 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by obailala(m): 1:13pm On Aug 05, 2016
HurtgenForest:

well, you may be right.

Let me reduce the list.

These ones are iredeemable: omenka/progressive01 & aresa.

These two can chant 'sai baba' from now till forever without eating or drinking. cheesy cheesy

Especially omenka. cool
You should understand that there are different ways to support a person and still maintain your integrity and personal respect. The last thing I would do is to support nonsense (e.g. this hajj bonanza) even if it is my biological father involved. Although if my father errs, I don't necessarily have to come out and abuse him in public (like the hordes of enemies and haters want me to); there is something called 'maintaining an honorable silence' when you are disappointed by an action of your person.

Once again, the last thing I would do is to come out publicly to defend rubbish; I can't say so much for the multitude of losers who jump out everyday ridiculously defending corrupt nincompoops all because of tribal or ethnic or regional or partisan sentiments.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by nell2: 1:18pm On Aug 05, 2016
I have been patient with this govt but my patient has completely run out. What kind inhuman attitude is this. Only God will judge this pple cos I have seen that they dont care for the poor masses.shame on them

11 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by herzern(m): 1:41pm On Aug 05, 2016
Only Rich Muslims qo on Pilgrimage....

The rest sit at home and pray for safe return.... undecided

7 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by veekid(m): 1:42pm On Aug 05, 2016
He did same for xtian pilgrimage

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by herzern(m): 1:42pm On Aug 05, 2016

Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by HurtgenForest: 1:42pm On Aug 05, 2016
Progressive01:
smiley

[s]Some iDaft Yoots have started with their show of shame yet again. They would NEVER learn from the past.

They wake up every morning with belly aching from the hatred it's filled with and start crawling all over the place spitting venomous saliva, trying desperately to infect others with the disease which took hold of them since their stupid god lost an election.

In just a couple of months, just like they were shamed in the ambassadorial screening saga, the Ese Oruru saga, the Enugu state street hawking saga, the Enugu state HoA saga, PDP zoning saga and the countless rest of them, they will be forced to feed on their own excrement on this as well.

We saw it happen last year and I bet it will happen this time too.

Play politics with tact, wisdom and without all that emotions and bitterness- they would never listen.

Intelligent folks have been insisting from the word go government hands off sponsorship of this charade be it for Muslims or Christians. A man's relationship with their God is a personal and private affair and should remain so. Anyone who wants to go visit some shithole they call holly land ANYWHERE should do so from their pockets. Pilgrimage has never been a prerequisite for salvation anywhere in the bible or qur'an (abi how una dey spell am sef).

This nonsense propaganda from certain idiots trying desperately to paint Baba as what he isn't failed before the election when they spared no expense to do so, and it will not succeed now either. But being the idiots these people are, they'd keep on this trajectory even if it means their death because that seems to be the only armoury they've got in their arsenal.

Na una go tire[/s].

Stop pouring us smelly black maggot infested spit.

To people like you, sai baba is your lord and master and can never go wrong. all that drivel you wrote up there is just to try and save face because of shame.

Have you ever condemned the demonic herdsmen that have been drinking the blood of your people, tell me now

The only ones that will be ashamed and end up eating goat shiit are the zombies that have refused to use their head in the face of the cluelessness of this evil government. Thank God some are beginning to see the ligth and your likes are increeasingly being isolated.

Keep talking of 'our here' until 2019 stares you in the face.

79 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by Trailblazer1(m): 1:42pm On Aug 05, 2016
Buhari is uselessly useless

34 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by ipledge10(m): 1:42pm On Aug 05, 2016
K
Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by TippyTop(m): 1:42pm On Aug 05, 2016
Even though 90% of the tweets are from the South West, they must be from the SW branch of Ipob-- says zombie

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by herzern(m): 1:43pm On Aug 05, 2016

Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by idris4r83(m): 1:43pm On Aug 05, 2016
It's hightime nigerian government stopped subsidizing religions. Islam says go to hajj only if you have the means.

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Billionaire Sayyu Dantata Launches $450m Lubricant Plant In Lagos / Nigeria's 10 Richest Persons As Of 03/13/2009 / Folorunso Alakija Speaks At Harvard University (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.