Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,825 members, 7,798,790 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:23 AM

United States Of Nigeria Flag On Social Medias Causes Outrage - See Tweets - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / United States Of Nigeria Flag On Social Medias Causes Outrage - See Tweets (72255 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen & Buhari: FFK And Reno Omokri React (See Tweets) / IPOB SPLITS: Breakaway Faction, TRIPOB, To Burn Biafra Flag On October 1 / Shittes Drag Isreal And USA Flag On The Ground As They Protest In Gombe - pics!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: United States Of Nigeria Flag On Social Medias Causes Outrage - See Tweets by masseratti: 12:02am On Aug 06, 2016
Milonis:
If Gowon had honoured the resolutions at Aburi, we just might have had this a long time ago

I mean the name 'United States of Nigeria' and this flag i'm seeing is far better and more inspiring.

But the minister was hilariously shocking with that!
if Zik had not joined Ahmadu Bello we won't be in this mess, stop stirring this, they were all wrong at a point in time, zik, awo and bello, lets move on an effect the real change in our own time not the fulani, not hausa ooo mark my words, Fulanis, they came in the 1800s to rule us and they are the real problem, if we keep on calling the North Hausa Fulani, we are on a long thing. My children, yours must feel the change.
Re: United States Of Nigeria Flag On Social Medias Causes Outrage - See Tweets by kk4kiss(m): 12:31am On Aug 06, 2016
That man Don reach make them send him to where he belong but Mr know all aka sai baba wldnt cos of his selective attitude in appointment . United state of Nigeria wasn't his first damage to our image but Mr corruption fighter wldnt see all dos one. U fight corruption wen u re mother of it. God bless Nigeria
Re: United States Of Nigeria Flag On Social Medias Causes Outrage - See Tweets by ceecee0703(m): 12:47am On Aug 06, 2016
Kassidy90:
No wonder they decide to play Venezuela anthem for us in Brazil, confusion everywhere

seriously they did?

1 Like

Re: United States Of Nigeria Flag On Social Medias Causes Outrage - See Tweets by duality(m): 12:48am On Aug 06, 2016
Re: United States Of Nigeria Flag On Social Medias Causes Outrage - See Tweets by aminusanti(m): 1:08am On Aug 06, 2016
why not united nigeria?? wink

Re: United States Of Nigeria Flag On Social Medias Causes Outrage - See Tweets by mathong: 2:19am On Aug 06, 2016
Yes symbol of Change is here...

This name and this flag looks better isn't it?

If like the flag click on "like"

If you don't the idea click on "share"
Re: United States Of Nigeria Flag On Social Medias Causes Outrage - See Tweets by johnsonjosbles(m): 2:27am On Aug 06, 2016
Blizzy9ja:
The flag looks good though... But na wah oh person no fit make mistakes again?
I wonder oh, the man just love nigeria too much ni! All his thinking is for nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: United States Of Nigeria Flag On Social Medias Causes Outrage - See Tweets by jogsman01(m): 4:14am On Aug 06, 2016
mrvitalis:
Seriously both the name and flag is far better than our present name and flag

Those in support of the change click like
Those against click share
the likes have it........
Re: United States Of Nigeria Flag On Social Medias Causes Outrage - See Tweets by chydii(f): 6:54am On Aug 06, 2016
mrvitalis:
Seriously both the name and flag is far better than our present name and flag

There is nothing united about Nigeria...
The name is just sarcastic
Re: United States Of Nigeria Flag On Social Medias Causes Outrage - See Tweets by kbbanj10(m): 8:14am On Aug 06, 2016
How I wish we can re-structure Nigeria in line with this name and probably adopt the flag. The name and the flag sweet die

1 Like

Re: United States Of Nigeria Flag On Social Medias Causes Outrage - See Tweets by Nobody: 8:21am On Aug 06, 2016
Nice...
Re: United States Of Nigeria Flag On Social Medias Causes Outrage - See Tweets by Mike008(m): 8:38am On Aug 06, 2016
I love Nigerians when it comes to drawing up humour from from difficult and controversial situations , but this time I think its one joke too many.
Who doesn't know the USA as United States of America? Atleast every adult does.
So it's not a question of whether the minister knows or doesn't. It's simply an unintentional error.
But Nigerian's knack for humour knows no bound. Its always very shameful and disgraceful and casts the nation in a negative light when Nigerians troll public officials before the whole world for seemingly minor errors which anyone could be capable of.
This shows a lack of spirit of nationalism and patriotism.
If you must criticize and make fun of people, you must yourself be of proven credentials.
I don't see other countries trolling their leaders as much as Nigerians do, and in a way their respect is retained while we are always airing our dirty linens in public.
There should be a limit to every thing.
Re: United States Of Nigeria Flag On Social Medias Causes Outrage - See Tweets by Pylony(m): 8:40am On Aug 06, 2016
Nigeria sabi copy cat no be small.. Soon na VULTURE and not EAGLE go dey coat of arm sef.
Re: United States Of Nigeria Flag On Social Medias Causes Outrage - See Tweets by Nobody: 9:27am On Aug 06, 2016
exlinkleads:
Does it really mean we deliberately elect of appoint people is positions in this country without giving a shit about their academic excellence? A video clip surfaced showing the Youth and Sports Development Minister, Barrister Solomon Dalung referring to the United States of America as ‘United States of Nigeria’.

Yes he is a barrister by my friends, it all seems he purchased that certificate in the market. Just like the 2013 ‘Oga at the top’ video, this video trended on social media, as Nigerians criticized the minister for his error. They did not waste time combining the video with different memes. Unable to stand the heat and criticisms on social media, Dalung went private on Twitter, shutting people off his mentions.

Sports Minister Veteran Nollywood actress, Kate Henshaw has joined the list of those who are surprised that a minister, who President Muhammadu Buhari took six months to appoint, could make such national blunder.

Oya read the cry outs below.... lol

http://www.exlinklodge.com/2016/08/united-states-of-nigeria-flag-on-social.html

Watch the video here https://www.nairaland.com/3268391/dalung-united-states-nigeria-trolls

Op, the trash you typed up there is worst than that of Solomon Dalung. If Solomon Dalung bought his certificate from the market, i think yours (if you've got one) was dashed to you by a local native doctor.
Re: United States Of Nigeria Flag On Social Medias Causes Outrage - See Tweets by yusufibrahim(m): 9:34am On Aug 06, 2016
Mehn Nigeria don suffer see minister o chai.......
Re: United States Of Nigeria Flag On Social Medias Causes Outrage - See Tweets by rafcrown(m): 12:17pm On Aug 06, 2016
WE BADLY NEED RE-ORGANISATION OF NIGERIA.SOME THINGS MUST REALLY BE CHANGED,not this kind of APC change,meaningful changes.
Re: United States Of Nigeria Flag On Social Medias Causes Outrage - See Tweets by exlinkleads(f): 1:22pm On Aug 06, 2016
SerialGist:

Op, the trash you typed up there is worst than that of Solomon Dalung. If Solomon Dalung bought his certificate from the market, i think yours (if you've got one) was dashed to you by a local native doctor.

eeeh my brother or sister, you should know that these are simply typographical errors and nothing else.

Why not leave the messenger alone and take the message? Abi Dalung na your brother?

lol.....
Re: United States Of Nigeria Flag On Social Medias Causes Outrage - See Tweets by tck2000(m): 10:17pm On Oct 19, 2019
showlex2:
Honestly, I love the flag, he should just change the stars in the flag to 36 white eagle's and put one big horse at the middle to represent 36 states and the capitalquote author=mrvitalis post=48212151]Seriously both the name and flag is far better than our present name and flag

Nice
Re: United States Of Nigeria Flag On Social Medias Causes Outrage - See Tweets by tck2000(m): 10:21pm On Oct 19, 2019
rafcrown:
WE BADLY NEED RE-ORGANISATION OF NIGERIA.SOME THINGS MUST REALLY BE CHANGED,not this kind of APC change,meaningful changes.
If i may ask,what things need to change?
Re: United States Of Nigeria Flag On Social Medias Causes Outrage - See Tweets by rafcrown(m): 11:52am On Feb 16, 2020
Everything. JUDICIAL, EDUCATION, AGRIC, Housing Reforms etc
tck2000:
If i may ask,what things need to change?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

When President Macron’s Presidential Jet Landed In Ilorin! / Cattle-Laden Truck Attacked In Onitsha, Driver & Conductor Killed / Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.