Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,839 members, 7,798,820 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:53 AM

Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. (28917 Views)

Taio Cruz Celebrates His 31st Birthday Today! / Taio Cruz Celebrates His 30th Birthday / The Trouble With Women: Taio Cruz, 27, Musician (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by Ibime(m): 7:30pm On Jul 16, 2010
Taio Cruz is a punk with all his tuneless autotune tracks and bootyless bohemian white gurls. Plus Im sure he wears lipstick with those his pink lips. Gay fish! grin
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by eldee(m): 8:11pm On Jul 16, 2010
Ibime:

Taio Cruz is a punk with all his tuneless autotune tracks and bootyless bohemian white gurls. Plus Im sure he wears lipstick with those his pink lips. Gay fish! grin

Why does everyone call him that??
Even off NL . . . grin grin
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by tpiah: 8:48pm On Jul 16, 2010
Ibime:

rant and rave all you want!

doesnt diminish him one bit.

na jealousy dey worry you.
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by favouredjb(f): 9:50pm On Jul 16, 2010
He's a cute black boy,such a shame he's ashamed of his blackness
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by thameamead(f): 12:04pm On Jul 17, 2010
Taio Criuz's real name - Adetayo Ayowale Onile-Ere, me think Cruz is a stage name, he's written songs for Cheryl Cole, Will Young, Britney Spears. its a shame he never wants to talk about his African heritage, i have read quite a lot of interviews he's given and i was sort of p******* off, he was going on and on about how his dad was a high flying lawyer, he was sent to an expensive private school blah blah blah, he was not a hip hop guy but no mention of his dad bn Nigerian.

I saw him on Channel 5 -Mattew Wright and he was a disaster, he was clueless, he was asked to review the papers but talked rubbish, he was dia to promote his singel/album, he hates bn black but he''s black, i have no time for him, i have bumped into hm a couple of times but he's so arrogant and think's he's d king of the hill, he's always in the company of white girls, Good luck to him, i'll see if he turns up at the african music awards in october,

during the world cup people like dizee rascal whose mum is ghnanian and the likes of tinchy stryder were rooting 4 Ghane when England was knocked.
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by thameamead(f): 12:05pm On Jul 17, 2010
Taio Criuz's real name - Adetayo Ayowale Onile-Ere, me think Cruz is a stage name, he's written songs for Cheryl Cole, Will Young, Britney Spears. its a shame he never wants to talk about his African heritage, i have read quite a lot of interviews he's given and i was sort of p******* off, he was going on and on about how his dad was a high flying lawyer, he was sent to an expensive private school blah blah blah, he was not a hip hop guy but no mention of his dad bn Nigerian.

I saw him on Channel 5 -Mattew Wright and he was a disaster, he was clueless, he was asked to review the papers but talked rubbish, he was dia to promote his singel/album, he hates bn black but he''s black, i have no time for him, i have bumped into hm a couple of times but he's so arrogant and think's he's d king of the hill, he's always in the company of white girls, Good luck to him, i'll see if he turns up at the african music awards in october,

during the world cup people like dizee rascal whose mum is ghnanian and the likes of tinchy stryder were rooting 4 Ghana when England was knocked off.

Taio Cruz can go f*** himself, he's a sell-out.
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by tpiah: 8:55pm On Jul 17, 2010
^^you've promoted him more, because the angry parts of your post count for nothing.

it's not by force to carry nigeria and africa on your head, abeg.

[s]maybe you were looking at him with bad eye, hence he was afraid to talk to you.[/s]
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by zebra543: 3:26pm On Jul 23, 2010
thameamead:

during the world cup people like dizee rascal whose mum is ghnanian and the likes of tinchy stryder were rooting 4 Ghana when England was knocked off.

Taio Cruz can go f*** himself, he's a sell-out.

i couldnt have said it any better- sell out is his middle name, its not soo much about him not saying his nigerian he doesnt really have to. Its about him sayin he doesnt find black women attractive, wtf? if his dad was a worthless piece of crap then id understand why he didnt wanna relate to his black side, but his dad is a rich and succesful man who didnt abandon him and is still married to his mother in other words A GOOD BLACK MAN! nevertheless hes taken his mothers name and parades about like a coconut!
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by tpiah: 5:52pm On Jul 23, 2010
^^plz direct your rants to the naija males all over nairaland who use every opportunity to point out how every non-naija female is always better looking than nigerian ones.

taio cruz DID NOT say what you're claiming.

he openly stated if he sees an attractive black girl at castings, he'll put her in his video.

so find him an attractive black girl and quit ranting!

sheesh, what exactly is the problem here! Na by force to dance in video?

if he decided to go with cruz instead of onile ere, how is that a problem?
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by zebra543: 6:56pm On Jul 23, 2010
its not a problem- its what it represents, tpiah your obviously highly blinded not only has he made that comment several times his management have said the same, are you trying to tell me all the white women in his shoots are more attractive than ANY BLACK MODEL he wouldve seen at a casting? Its obvious what he means by attractive is another word for white! Its not a common thing for a man to take on his mothers surname, even his mother doesnt use her old surname, its an identity issue tayo sold himself to appeal to a white crowd, its just unfortunate his yam head is soo nigerian he can never get away with it! the day will come when he will need as many black supportors as he does white ones!
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by kuzina(f): 7:04pm On Jul 23, 2010
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by tpiah: 12:23am On Jul 24, 2010
zebra543:

its not a problem- its what it represents, tpiah your obviously highly blinded not only has he made that comment several times his management have said the same, are you trying to tell me all the white women in his shoots are more attractive than ANY BLACK MODEL he wouldve seen at a casting? Its obvious what he means by attractive is another word for white! Its not a common thing for a man to take on his mothers surname, even his mother doesnt use her old surname, its an identity issue tayo sold himself to appeal to a white crowd, its just unfortunate his yam head is soo nigerian he can never get away with it! the day will come when he will need as many black supportors as he does white ones!

post  the exact quote/link where he said what you're claiming instead of going by hearsay.

his last name is no problem.

isnt his dad from lagos?

portuguese or brazilian last names arent strange there.
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by tpiah: 12:29am On Jul 24, 2010
@ zebra

from his website:

abeg black women have more important things to worry about than this type of irrelevancy! let the guy do whatever works for him, and besides, there are black girls in some of his videos.
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by zebra543: 1:31am On Jul 24, 2010
tpiah you are new to this matter, its been going on for the past 5 years, its very recent he has started starring black models! He even said with his mouth, he wont cast black models! i dont need to post anything I have better things to do with my time #googleit!

google the term taio cruz is racist it shall educate you more on this matter!
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by kuzina(f): 3:19am On Jul 24, 2010
Make una live am o
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by bawomolo(m): 3:45am On Jul 24, 2010
it's a sign of inferiority complex that black women are actually worried they aren't portrayed as sexual objects in a music video. Is that really a privilege you want to fight for?

It's not a must tayo acknowledges his nigerian heritage especially for someone raised in the UK all his life. same goes for sade adu and co.
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by tpiah: 2:04pm On Jul 24, 2010
zebra543:

tpiah you are new to this matter, its been going on for the past 5 years, its very recent he has started starring black models! He even said with his mouth, he wont cast black models! i dont need to post anything I have better things to do with my time #googleit!

google the term taio cruz is racist it shall educate you more on this matter!

i googled the term and found nothing that supports your outrage.

please leave the guy alone- it's not by force to be portrayed as empty-headed rump shaking video vixens in 97% of today's music videos.

black women dont need to be as petty as this!

there are plenty of other black musicians who feature black women in their videos.
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by zebra543: 4:08pm On Jul 24, 2010
bawomolo:

it's a sign of inferiority complex that black women are actually worried they aren't portrayed as sexual objects in a music video.  Is that really a privilege you want to fight for?

It's not a must tayo acknowledges his nigerian heritage especially for someone raised in the UK all his life. same goes for sade adu and co.

Of course not bawo it's not about the fact he never has black women in his video or that he isn't quick to rant on about his heritage, it's the reasons he gave! Craig David had to do the exact same thing because they believed him having Only White love interests will make his audience diverse, that is understandable taio went onto say he has never spotted an attractive black woman at his castings if that doesn't sound disrespectful to you as a black person I must say it's sounds very disrespectful to me, a White man will never get away with saying that talkles of a black man about a White woman! Taio is a coconut no doubt about that but even coconuts don't have to be rascist. It's an illusion and an effect of the media on society to assume ones whue counterparts are superior to or more attractive another. Him taking on his mothers name just goes on to prove the struggle he's having with identifyin himself as a black African man! Don't assume I'm just upset because he doesn't talk about Nigeria I don't talk about Nigeria myself and I won't randomly mention it if I don't have to; it's a different. Chamillionaire adebayor and Sade adu arent heavily familiar with thier Nigerian sides but they are not ashamed of it neither do they alienate themselves from it!
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by ada24: 4:45pm On Jul 24, 2010
the only reason u now see him with black women on his website or video is cos he is trying to crack the USA.

he is not the first and doubt he will be the last.

if u want the quotes i will look on the net and post it - and as a black woman it doesn't bother me at all but I laugh cos he has the most nigerian (REAL) name i have every seen - LMAO
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by zebra543: 5:50pm On Jul 24, 2010
ada24:

the only reason u now see him with black women on his website or video is cos he is trying to crack the USA.

exactly!! same with craig david!
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by bawomolo(m): 6:18pm On Jul 24, 2010
zebra543:

Of course not bawo it's not about the fact he never has black women in his video or that he isn't quick to rant on about his heritage, it's the reasons he gave! Craig David had to do the exact same thing because they believed him having Only White love interests will make his audience diverse, that is understandable taio went onto say he has never spotted an attractive black woman at his castings if that doesn't sound disrespectful to you as a black person I must say it's sounds very disrespectful to me, a White man will never get away with saying that talkles of a black man about a White woman! Taio is a coconut no doubt about that but even coconuts don't have to be rascist. It's an illusion and an effect of the media on society to assume ones whue counterparts are superior to or more attractive another. Him taking on his mothers name just goes on to prove the struggle he's having with identifyin himself as a black African man! Don't assume I'm just upset because he doesn't talk about Nigeria I don't talk about Nigeria myself and I won't randomly mention it if I don't have to; it's a different. Chamillionaire adebayor and Sade adu arent heavily familiar with thier Nigerian sides but they are not ashamed of it neither do they alienate themselves from it!

but he is half and half though and not fully black African. doesn't he call himself Black british or something?

As for not finding an attractive black woman in castings, maybe he has different standards from us.
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by zebra543: 6:28pm On Jul 24, 2010
what exactly do you think his other half is? chinese? your missing the point, being british has nothing to do with it, and him liking white women its not a standard, its a preference!
If i told you i only liked white men, and then said its because I have higher standards how would you feel? He should have learnt to be racially sensitive, we all have our ideals we dont need to go around insulting those that dont fit into it!
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by tpiah: 9:13pm On Jul 25, 2010
^^ him saying he has higher or different standards/preferences isnt necessarily an insult, unless you feel he was expressly referring to you.

if you say you only like white men, that shouldnt be a problem for any right thinking guy unless you also start lambasting and expressly insulting black males as a whole.

plenty of that attitude here on nl, from the men.

anyway, different people have different tastes.

and i dont think he has to carry nigeria on his head. It's not by force.
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by bawomolo(m): 11:14pm On Jul 25, 2010
thank you
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by zebra543: 8:48am On Jul 26, 2010
tpiah i know he wasnt trying to be insulting i was correcting his use of the word standards, if you say something is of higher standard it means you are stating it has superiority if feel inferior as a black individual to white women thats your beef, dont feel the need to correct me i know exactly what im saying thank you very much! I never stated he has to carry nigeria on his head, i never said there was a problem liking white women, what exactly is your point?
bawo if you didnt understand me i was saying dont use the words standards to describe ones taste in a particular race! simple i dont think i can make it any clearer! #thatisall
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by bawomolo(m): 5:15am On Jul 27, 2010
bawo if you didnt understand me i was saying dont use the words standards to describe ones taste in a particular race! simple i dont think i can make it any clearer! #thatisall

If i say i prefer strawberry to chocolate ice cream. does that mean chocolate ice cream is of lower quality?

taio cruz seems to have a preference/standard that differs from us.
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by anitabest(f): 9:09am On Jul 27, 2010
wat ever.
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by zebra543: 12:43pm On Jul 27, 2010
anitabest:

wat ever.

you took the words right out of my mouth!

@bawo ok go to howard and tell a couple of black students you prefer white women because you have a different standard from them. . . . good luck with that!
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by tpiah: 6:38pm On Jul 27, 2010
^^i think you have a mighty crush on taio cruz.
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by bawomolo(m): 7:24pm On Jul 27, 2010
zebra543:

you took the words right out of my mouth!

@bawo ok go to howard and tell a couple of black students you prefer white women because you have a different standard from them. . . . good luck with that!

why should i go to howard to announce my preference in women and where did you get the impression i prefer white women?

Is it that hard to accept that a black man could actually prefer white/asian/latina women to black women?
Is it a must a black artist must have black women shaking their bom bom in his videos?

tpiah:

^^i think you have a mighty crush on taio cruz.

true talk, this seems to be personal
talk true zebra cheesy
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by oyinda3(f): 10:47pm On Jul 27, 2010
i'm only gonna break break ur break break ur heart. cheesy love his song
but he looks and acts funny. maybe it's a UK thing.

@zebra, jeez who cares. taio cruz is just being a black male musician. i'm sure 99% of them have been in a race/ color controversy at some point.
just a problem blk ppl have in general. we place way too much value on looks and superficial attributes. this is a historical thing (think "paper bag parties" etc ) and most likely it will continue to affect us for a long time to come. i think u shld just get over it.
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by thameamead(f): 12:32pm On Jul 30, 2010
zebra543:

exactly!! same with craig david!

His song was number 1 in America, he's a silly guy, he talked about his african heritage to promote his single in the states because him and his record record label knows there would be a media backlash if he's seen not to want to talk about his african heritage.

Dame Shirley Bassey never talks about her Nigerian heitage either, she has no idea who her father is but that does not mean she should not be proud of her African heritage, most Brits don't know she's mixed race. they always say she's welsh.

As for Craig David, he tried too hard, I remember him bn nominated for 6 Brits Awards and not winninng a single one, that sort of served him right because he was trying too hard to please the white audience, his career his over, he even tried to penn a single for David Cameron during the election, but he was turned down,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kevin Hart Discharged From Hospital 10 days After Surviving A Serious Accident / Rukky Sanda Dazzles In Ab Revealing Outfit At A Lagos Beach(photos) / Omotola Jalade-ekeinde Celebrates Her 41st Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.