Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,759 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:57 PM

How Niger Delta Underdeveloped Herself - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Niger Delta Underdeveloped Herself (776 Views)

Awka Should Be Ashamed Of Itself - Why Is It Underdeveloped? / Why Was Nigeria Underdeveloped After 63 Years Of White Rule? / How Niger Delta Avengers Was Formed – Cynthia Whyte Reveals More Inside Details (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Niger Delta Underdeveloped Herself by PrivateInvestig: 8:20am On Aug 06, 2016
Most times, the only question left in my hollow thought is "how did we get here” Yesterday I took time to watch a clip of the presidential amnesty of 2009,It was really an eye saw,thousands of weapons were submitted by the ex militants who had embraced amnesty. Its was indeed a new dawn in the dark history of the Niger Delta. Hopes were high as the sitting president made a lot of promises to the Niger Delta.

The militants were placed on monthly allowance, maybe to pacify or compensate them,this was a approach, but it willed towards the wrong direction. As a Nigerian and a Niger deltan,in all terms,I hereby condemn the renewed activities of militancy in the Niger Delta by the avengers, believe me,we Dont need this now,and as educated people,we know there are better ways to press home demands without going criminal. We have the ICC and the UN ,these are the people saddled with the responsibility of protecting the rights of indigenous people.

Years ago,when the amnesty was birth for repentant militants, I saw the woes of today,and as usual i wrote about it,it was audible to the deaf and visibly clear to the blind that the amnesty program would be hijacked by some persons, it was actually so. Front line fighters became billionaires overnight,the likes of Asari,Tompolo,Ateke,Boyo etc. These persons under the last administration moved around in presidential convoys, the oil spills practically continued, no body complained about the risk it poised to the health of the ordinary Nigerian,because they became part of the government, none of them did an independent project in the Niger Delta, not even an essay contest,or scholarship programme,at least none that I heard about.

The avengers are same jokers,selfish sycophants who wants to enrich their empty purse,we know because we have been there before. Yes its true, the Niger Delta habitat is almost completely destroyed, its true the multi national companies is not meeting our expectation, but the truth being said,the problem of Nigeria Delta is not Buhari,its not even the companies, our problem is greed and leadership,by leadership I mean the leaders of Niger Delta. Do you know of the Presidential amnesty,the Niger Delta have other benefits, there is 13% derivation funds from oil proceed to host communities, we have the NDDC etc.these machineries was set in place to ameliorate the suffering of the people,but for the greed of our selfish leaders,we are still here, sometime ago,this year,the community I reside in rivers state,took to the street, protesting because according to them, a well known company in the community doled out 14 billion naira for development, but the money was pocketed by nine elders of the community, I still have the video of that protest. Fourteen billion given the community by a company, but it heartbreaking to know that same community do not have portable drinking water,same community goes dark at night as there isn't even a single street light. Fourteen billion! Please avengers should relax,this Ijaw struggle has caused a lot of harm than good. We are wiser now,it won't be surprising if tomorrow youths from my community pick up arms, because they will tell them the government has abandoned them.

One thing I admire about my Northern brothers is the fact that they Dont boast without carrying out justice, I read how the constituency office of a representative was burnt down for being corrupt,another car was destroyed by youths because he was corrupt, believe me,that's the treatment these greedy Niger Delta elders need,their children school outside Nigeria, so they use animals for their selfish interest.

I stand boldly to say Niger Delta would be Nigeria's Dubai if the money accrued to the region over the years was used for the purpose it was meant. When I see Avengers burning houses of these thieves and elders,then I may alas,assume the struggle has begun.

Written by me

Cc: mynd44

Re: How Niger Delta Underdeveloped Herself by Nobody: 8:36am On Aug 06, 2016
In Niger Delta, we have two types of enemies.
The internal enemies and the external enemies.

What we are busy doing is fighting the external enemy while the enemies within are busy having a field day.

If we cannot expunge the internal enemy then all what we will amount to fighting a good fight and giving the proceeds of it to the enemies within.
Re: How Niger Delta Underdeveloped Herself by HammerTheirPapa(f): 8:38am On Aug 06, 2016
oblong coneheads... grin grin grin

Re: How Niger Delta Underdeveloped Herself by Nobody: 8:43am On Aug 06, 2016
In Niger Delta,

Everything is just wrong

1 Like

Re: How Niger Delta Underdeveloped Herself by badnature: 8:44am On Aug 06, 2016
Yoloba ! When are you people going to develop osobo? Leave the riverine area of the eastern region alone
Re: How Niger Delta Underdeveloped Herself by badnature: 8:46am On Aug 06, 2016
And don't forget to rescue ilorin from the muhammedian emirate
Re: How Niger Delta Underdeveloped Herself by greatwhite(m): 9:25am On Aug 06, 2016
You nailed it.

1 Like

Re: How Niger Delta Underdeveloped Herself by Godemcee(m): 9:46am On Aug 06, 2016
badnature:
Yoloba ! When are you people going to develop osobo? Leave the riverine area of the eastern region alone
Igbos are now shouting eastern region,they have forgotten dat delta nd edo belong to old western region,Igbos are hypocrites who attach niger/delta to themself by force,they don't want the formationof niger/delta republic,but they want the people of niger/delta to join buafra,nd they keep saying nigeria is holding niger/delta cause of oil,while they keep attaching n/delta to there biafra cause of oil.
I can't blame them they don't even av upto 2% oi nd they can't survive alone.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: 266 Retirees Get N1.8bn Retirement Certificate From Aregbesola / Breaking: Buhari Relaunches War Against Indiscipline Brigade / Breaking News: Shekau Vows To Kill Buhari, Buratai, SK Usman In New Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.