Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,359 members, 7,808,251 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:24 AM

How My Trip To U.S. Is Funded — Aisha Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How My Trip To U.S. Is Funded — Aisha Buhari (656 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Is Funded By The DSS – Ralph Uwazuruike / How My Trip To U.S. Is Funded — Aisha Buhari / Nigeria Economy Will Be Saved When Ajaokuta Steel Company Is Funded. Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How My Trip To U.S. Is Funded — Aisha Buhari by Alfaab: 1:10pm On Aug 06, 2016
Aisha, the wife of President Muhammadu Buhari, on Saturday said her ongoing trip to the United States was not being funded with public funds.

Speaking in an interview with the Hausa service of the Voice of America, Mrs. Buhari said the trip was being funded with personal funds and sponsorship grant.

“We sponsored even the government officials that came with us on this trip,” she said.

The president’s wife explained that the Muhammadu Buhari’s administration was not funding her office and that her role was just a supportive one to complement her husband’s services to the country.

Mrs. Buhari said the office of First Lady had become a tradition in almost all nations of the world, not just Nigeria.

“All that we are doing is to help our husbands,” she said.

“For instance someone can decide to give me Indomie or Maggie, which he cannot give to the president, women need these things.

“In any state where a governor’s wife is irrelevant such as Yobe, you will notice that the women are suffering.

“Whenever we get such gifts, we don’t keep them but share to those in need.”

The president’s wife also explained that the Nigerian government had put in place a special programme to help women.

She said she held a meeting with the Minister of Women Affairs, Aisha Alhassan, before embarking on her U.S. trip on how to sensitize women on ways of taking advantage of the new policy.

“Very soon our women will get help,” she said.

Mrs. Buhari also responded to a question on why Nigerians are suffering at this time.

“This may be because of the existence of the Treasury Single Account, TSA, and the activities of Boko Haram which prevented people from farming last season,” she said.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/208165-trip-u-s-funded-aisha-buhari.html

Re: How My Trip To U.S. Is Funded — Aisha Buhari by lovere: 1:30pm On Aug 06, 2016
Pls spare me the story. Politicians are all the same PDP and APC. Only one kick back from a contractor to see your husband for contracts can buy you land in UAE. We know the drill, pls chill MA.
Re: How My Trip To U.S. Is Funded — Aisha Buhari by Landloard01(m): 1:34pm On Aug 06, 2016
ok
Re: How My Trip To U.S. Is Funded — Aisha Buhari by Acidosis(m): 1:46pm On Aug 06, 2016
Edo pros.titute crooner, what's the source of the N40m bag?
Re: How My Trip To U.S. Is Funded — Aisha Buhari by Sijo01(f): 10:19pm On Aug 06, 2016
Alfaab:

Aisha, the wife of President Muhammadu Buhari, on Saturday said her ongoing trip to the United States was not being funded with public funds.

Speaking in an interview with the Hausa service of the Voice of America, Mrs. Buhari said the trip was being funded with personal funds and sponsorship grant.

“We sponsored even the government officials that came with us on this trip,” she said.

The president’s wife explained that the Muhammadu Buhari’s administration was not funding her office and that her role was just a supportive one to complement her husband’s services to the country.

Mrs. Buhari said the office of First Lady had become a tradition in almost all nations of the world, not just Nigeria.

“All that we are doing is to help our husbands,” she said.

“For instance someone can decide to give me Indomie or Maggie, which he cannot give to the president, women need these things.

“In any state where a governor’s wife is irrelevant such as Yobe, you will notice that the women are suffering.

“Whenever we get such gifts, we don’t keep them but share to those in need.”

The president’s wife also explained that the Nigerian government had put in place a special programme to help women.

She said she held a meeting with the Minister of Women Affairs, Aisha Alhassan, before embarking on her U.S. trip on how to sensitize women on ways of taking advantage of the new policy.

“Very soon our women will get help,” she said.

Mrs. Buhari also responded to a question on why Nigerians are suffering at this time.

“This may be because of the existence of the Treasury Single Account, TSA, and the activities of Boko Haram which prevented people from farming last season,” she said.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/208165-trip-u-s-funded-aisha-buhari.html

Chaiiiii embarassed

(1) (Reply)

Okah Brothers Sue Jonathan For N5 Billion / Stop Destroying Farms, Sultan Tells Fulani Herdsmen / Sahara Reporters's Story Is A Mere Fairy Tale, Says Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.