Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,010 members, 7,806,939 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:21 AM

My Abandoned Blog Ranking 4th For A Major Keyword. Should I Return? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / My Abandoned Blog Ranking 4th For A Major Keyword. Should I Return? (2051 Views)

10 SEO Mistakes Which Affect Your Blog Ranking / Why You Must Do Keyword Research Before Writing An Article As A Blogger / Get Instant Page Views And Increase Blog Ranking On Search Engine-sign Up Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Abandoned Blog Ranking 4th For A Major Keyword. Should I Return? by kelvinnaira: 8:49pm On Aug 06, 2016
Hello everyone.. I have been into the blogosphere for some time now, but many of you won't know me because I have been Doing freelancing and consulting all these while.. (Ghost Blogger)..

For some who might have come across some of my comments here on NL, you can rate me by them, and for other whom may have read my blog post, you can equally testify..

I am Posting this thread to seek your opinion and advice.. (Everyone needs ideas from others as no man is an island)..

So, 4months ago, I decided to start a new project for myself to test if my skills still works or if its outdated, since I have spent most of my time helping others grow there business (just wanted to see if I can equally grow mine)..

I bought a new domain and registered it, bought hosting from Bluehost and Started a Blog in the lifestyle niches..

Initially, I wanted to build the site to an authority status and grow it to 4 - 5figures/month via adsense, so, instead of targerting one small niche, I targeted a market.(The authority model) and then started from a niche (category).

I created my WP blog, used a very simple design (Genesis framework eleven 40pro theme), added some contents, optimised the blog, built some strong links to it with the hope of starting a new project that will again fetch me 4-5figures monthly from adsense (since am very good with that)..

Just while I was about diving in to that blog, I got so many clients calling again.. I abandoned the blog and started to help other businesses again grow and plan..

Today, I just visited the site and discovered its traffic pull.. I took the popular posts and searched them on google.. Hmm.. I was already on google FP for those keywords.. One of which is "targeting methods used in bowling"..

If you google that keyword, u ll see a site like http://Nail24hours.com on the 4th position of google, that's mine.. ( I havnt done any more work on that blog since the day I published those articles and just did some really basic SEO) not even monetised the blog yet.. (Yes, it has so many potential to grow)

I know I can rank #1 for most related and main keyord if I want to..

My Question is this, should I Just return back and grow the blog to 4-5figures ($1000 - $10,000) monthly or just continue doing my consulting business + helping others grow?

PS: this is not the 1st blog am abandoning.. Bt I have decided to just return back to 1 and that's http://mytechboard.com hosted on blogger cause I felt the need to document all of my activities as relating blogging and SEO.
Re: My Abandoned Blog Ranking 4th For A Major Keyword. Should I Return? by rummeh: 8:56pm On Aug 06, 2016
post a screen shot
Re: My Abandoned Blog Ranking 4th For A Major Keyword. Should I Return? by kelvinnaira: 9:04pm On Aug 06, 2016
rummeh:
post a screen shot
there's no need for a screenshot.. Just type "targeting methods used in bowling" the 4th result there is Nail24hours.com.. That's my abandoned blog.. U can equally click on it to see the whole blog itself..
Re: My Abandoned Blog Ranking 4th For A Major Keyword. Should I Return? by kingDELE(m): 9:17pm On Aug 06, 2016
Gud evening bros. It seems God snd you to me. My site www.realwaves. . I have tried everything to organise it but to no avail. I love dat ur blog settings. Plz help me out
Re: My Abandoned Blog Ranking 4th For A Major Keyword. Should I Return? by Toluwani113: 12:33am On Aug 07, 2016
kelvinnaira:
Hello everyone.. My name is [url=google.com/+ConfidenceEzemadu/about]Confidence Ezemadu,[/url] on NL Kelvinnaira.. I have been into the blogosphere for some time now, but many of you won't know me because I have been Doing freelancing and consulting all these while.. (Ghost Blogger)..

For some who might have come across some of my comments here on NL, you can rate me by them, and for other whom may have read my blog post, you can equally testify..

I am Posting this thread to seek your opinion and advice.. (Everyone needs ideas from others as no man is an island)..

So, 4months ago, I decided to start a new project for myself to test if my skills still works or if its outdated, since I have spent most of my time helping others grow there business (just wanted to see if I can equally grow mine)..

I bought a new domain and registered it, bought hosting from Bluehost and Started a Blog in the lifestyle niches..

Initially, I wanted to build the site to an authority status and grow it to 4 - 5figures/month via adsense, so, instead of targerting one small niche, I targeted a market.(The authority model) and then started from a niche (category).

I created my WP blog, used a very simple design (Genesis framework eleven 40pro theme), added some contents, optimised the blog, built some strong links to it with the hope of starting a new project that will again fetch me 4-5figures monthly from adsense (since am very good with that)..

Just while I was about diving in to that blog, I got so many clients calling again.. I abandoned the blog and started to help other businesses again grow and plan..

Today, I just visited the site and discovered its traffic pull.. I took the popular posts and searched them on google.. Hmm.. I was already on google FP for those keywords.. One of which is "targeting methods used in bowling"..

If you google that keyword, u ll see a site like http://Nail24hours.com on the 4th position of google, that's mine.. ( I havnt done any more work on that blog since the day I published those articles and just did some really basic SEO) not even monetised the blog yet.. (Yes, it has so many potential to grow)

My Question is this, should I Just return back and grow the blog to 4-5figures ($1000 - $10,000) monthly or just continue doing my consulting business + helping others grow?

PS: this is not the 1st blog am abandoning.. Bt I have decided to just return back to 1 and that's http://mytechboard.com hosted on blogger cause I felt the need to document all of my activities as relating blogging and SEO.
Hello ADMIN,

I represent DailySchoolGist Blog and I’m writing to offer you cheap advertising on my blog/website.

I understand stand that you manage a website and my blog/website will be your best place to get massive traffic to it.

My blog is about school news targeting Students accross the nation. Luckily, I have up to 10,000 unique readers monthly.

Since there are huge numbers of people seeking information about admissions, I believe your website will be seen and visited by many of them.

The advantage of advertising with us that its affordable and promising.

Kindly send me your website info to get started. Please visit our Advert page for details.

Thanks

DailySchoolGist Blog
Re: My Abandoned Blog Ranking 4th For A Major Keyword. Should I Return? by Yeogu: 9:23am On Aug 07, 2016
kelvinnaira:
Hello everyone.. My name is [url=google.com/+ConfidenceEzemadu/about]Confidence Ezemadu,[/url] on NL Kelvinnaira.. I have been into the blogosphere for some time now, but many of you won't know me because I have been Doing freelancing and consulting all these while.. (Ghost Blogger)..

what is the monthly search for your keyword and what type of links did you build to your site?
Re: My Abandoned Blog Ranking 4th For A Major Keyword. Should I Return? by javijabor1(m): 9:31am On Aug 07, 2016
I'll tell you what I think as a blogger myself.
1. That keyword does not pull much traffic. Neither is it competitive hence the ranking for that keyword.
2. Bowling keywords do not have good cpc from my findings.
3. You are a good writer
4. You should grow the blog and also continue your consulting work. You might regret leaving one for another.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Abandoned Blog Ranking 4th For A Major Keyword. Should I Return? by kelvinnaira: 3:11pm On Aug 07, 2016
javijabor1:
I'll tell you what I think as a blogger myself.
1. That keyword does not pull much traffic. Neither is it competitive hence the ranking for that keyword.
2. Bowling keywords do not have good cpc from my findings.
3. You are a good writer
4. You should grow the blog and also continue your consulting work. You might regret leaving one for another.
I understand what u re talking about very well..

Bowling niche is competitive.. U re dealing with sharks like USBC and others..

For the CPC.. I don't concern myself about that, you see, an authority site is not built on CPC.. I mean to grow an adsense site to 4figures, u don't look at CPC.. U only look at CPC when you want to throw a tiny site to make $100/month..
Outside adsense, the bowling niche is best monetised via affiliate, digital products and membership coaching.. Adsense is an added advantage..

And don't forget, I am not ending there.. I will further extend to, knitting, tennis, pottery, etc...

Thanks for the advice.. This is the first advice am getting since this thread was created..

2 Likes

Re: My Abandoned Blog Ranking 4th For A Major Keyword. Should I Return? by kelvinnaira: 3:32pm On Aug 07, 2016
kingDELE:
Gud evening bros. It seems God snd you to me. My site www.realwaves. . I have tried everything to organise it but to no avail. I love dat ur blog settings. Plz help me out
your email
Re: My Abandoned Blog Ranking 4th For A Major Keyword. Should I Return? by kelvinnaira: 3:34pm On Aug 07, 2016
Yeogu:
what is the monthly search for your keyword and what type of links did you build to your site?
lol.. Bros, this na interview ooo
Re: My Abandoned Blog Ranking 4th For A Major Keyword. Should I Return? by kelvinnaira: 3:38pm On Aug 07, 2016
Toluwani113:

Hello ADMIN,

I represent DailySchoolGist Blog and I’m writing to offer you cheap advertising on my blog/website.

I understand stand that you manage a website and my blog/website will be your best place to get massive traffic to it.

My blog is about school news targeting Students accross the nation. Luckily, I have up to 10,000 unique readers monthly.

Since there are huge numbers of people seeking information about admissions, I believe your website will be seen and visited by many of them.

The advantage of advertising with us that its affordable and promising.

Kindly send me your website info to get started. Please visit our Advert page for details.

Thanks

DailySchoolGist Blog
thank you sir.. Bt this is not related to the current topic...

Least i forget, if you really want to make money online, make dis blog a side project and start something really interestingly mega...

2 Likes

Re: My Abandoned Blog Ranking 4th For A Major Keyword. Should I Return? by kingDELE(m): 4:43pm On Aug 07, 2016
kelvinnaira:
your email
sumailaabduljelil@gmail.com
Re: My Abandoned Blog Ranking 4th For A Major Keyword. Should I Return? by Frankicent(m): 8:49pm On Aug 07, 2016
[Bro I don't have much to say cause my battery is low WhatsApp me 08130978745 I go some advice for you
Re: My Abandoned Blog Ranking 4th For A Major Keyword. Should I Return? by kelvinnaira: 12:06am On Aug 08, 2016
Frankicent:
[Bro I don't have much to say cause my battery is low WhatsApp me 08130978745 I go some advice for you
please sir, charge ur battery and come here to advice me,.. Am not that much of a chatter... Always using my pc

1 Like

Re: My Abandoned Blog Ranking 4th For A Major Keyword. Should I Return? by Frankicent(m): 5:23pm On Aug 08, 2016
kelvinnaira:
please sir, charge ur battery and come here to advice me,.. Am not that much of a chatter... Always using my pc

owk don't quit The Blog. That blog is micro niche... You can earn 4 figure through that blog... Keep posting and monetize it with adsense, amazon and click bank.
Re: My Abandoned Blog Ranking 4th For A Major Keyword. Should I Return? by Toluwani113: 10:24am On Aug 10, 2016
kelvinnaira:
thank you sir.. Bt this is not related to the current topic...

Least i forget, if you really want to make money online, make dis blog a side project and start something really interestingly mega...
Thanks for your advise but i'll like to get a suggestion from you.
Re: My Abandoned Blog Ranking 4th For A Major Keyword. Should I Return? by kelvinnaira: 10:44am On Aug 10, 2016
Toluwani113:

Thanks for your advise but i'll like to get a suggestion from you.
should i do it here?
Re: My Abandoned Blog Ranking 4th For A Major Keyword. Should I Return? by kelvinnaira: 10:48am On Aug 10, 2016
Frankicent:

owk don't quit The Blog. That blog is macro niche... You can earn 4 figure through that blog... Keep posting and monetize it with adsense, amazon and click bank.
aha.. Thanks...
Re: My Abandoned Blog Ranking 4th For A Major Keyword. Should I Return? by Frankicent(m): 1:59pm On Aug 10, 2016
kelvinnaira:
aha.. Thanks...
you welcome
Re: My Abandoned Blog Ranking 4th For A Major Keyword. Should I Return? by Toluwani113: 7:55am On Aug 11, 2016
kelvinnaira:
should i do it here?
yes
Re: My Abandoned Blog Ranking 4th For A Major Keyword. Should I Return? by kelvinnaira: 12:09pm On Aug 11, 2016
Toluwani113:
yes
the thing is, school gists blogs dont get the kind of traction other niches get..

A quick view to the blog showed u re already posting android and mtn tutorials... The thing is, school news blogs dont have income potential.. I mean, who are you selling to? What re u selling? Can u even sell?

All what these audiences does is just type on google "has imsu started selling post ume form?" once they get the news, they zoom off.. Bounce rate is high..

I wont want to go into much details here.. Bt i will like to invite you to my free crash course on "how to start a blog and make money" all niches will be covered + how to knw d profitability of it...
Re: My Abandoned Blog Ranking 4th For A Major Keyword. Should I Return? by Toluwani113: 7:16pm On Aug 11, 2016
kelvinnaira:

Hello Can we do traffic exchange ?
Re: My Abandoned Blog Ranking 4th For A Major Keyword. Should I Return? by kelvinnaira: 7:37pm On Aug 11, 2016
Toluwani113:

Hello Can we do traffic exchange ?
On which of the blogs? And with which blog?
Re: My Abandoned Blog Ranking 4th For A Major Keyword. Should I Return? by Toluwani113: 7:39pm On Aug 11, 2016
kelvinnaira:
On which of the blogs? And with which blog?
Mine and yours
Re: My Abandoned Blog Ranking 4th For A Major Keyword. Should I Return? by kelvinnaira: 7:43pm On Aug 11, 2016
Toluwani113:
Mine and yours
I mean the urls..
Re: My Abandoned Blog Ranking 4th For A Major Keyword. Should I Return? by Toluwani113: 7:53pm On Aug 11, 2016
Re: My Abandoned Blog Ranking 4th For A Major Keyword. Should I Return? by VocalWalls: 12:11am On Aug 12, 2016
kelvinnaira:
there's no need for a screenshot.. Just type "targeting methods used in bowling" the 4th result there is Nail24hours.com.. That's my abandoned blog.. U can equally click on it to see the whole blog itself..

If the traffic is up to 500/day, then it's good.

Anything lower, then just add a few more posts and watch the progress
Re: My Abandoned Blog Ranking 4th For A Major Keyword. Should I Return? by kelvinnaira: 12:43am On Aug 12, 2016
Toluwani113:
www.dailyschoolgist..com
no P.. So, hw do we go about it?
Re: My Abandoned Blog Ranking 4th For A Major Keyword. Should I Return? by kelvinnaira: 12:43am On Aug 12, 2016
VocalWalls:

If the traffic is up to 500/day, then it's good.

Anything lower, then just add a few more posts and watch the progress
thanks Vocal.. Hope u sabi sing ooo

1 Like

Re: My Abandoned Blog Ranking 4th For A Major Keyword. Should I Return? by Toluwani113: 2:51am On Aug 12, 2016
kelvinnaira:
no P.. So, hw do we go about it?

Re: My Abandoned Blog Ranking 4th For A Major Keyword. Should I Return? by gefted1: 7:10am On Aug 12, 2016
Check out www.naijainfozone.com for latest information on Education, Job/career, Tech Tips etc
Re: My Abandoned Blog Ranking 4th For A Major Keyword. Should I Return? by kelvinnaira: 1:25pm On Aug 12, 2016
Toluwani11: the banner
ok.. So i place the banner?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sahara Reporters Blog Template / Drop A Comment On My Blog & I'll Drop Two On Yours. Who Is Up? / I Need An Expert To Teach Me PHP & CSS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.