Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,715 members, 7,805,947 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:57 AM

The Expectations And Responsibilities Of Being A Christian - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Expectations And Responsibilities Of Being A Christian (8795 Views)

Prophet Samuel Olaluwoye: Warnings For 2018- The Year Of Greater Expectations / Why A Christian Girl Converted To Islam (Photo) / Limit To Intimacy In A Christian Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Expectations And Responsibilities Of Being A Christian by winner01(m): 9:27pm On Aug 07, 2016
CAPSLOCKED:

THERE'S NOTHING BASELESS ABOUT ATHEISM, MY FRIEND. THERES NO SUCH THING LIKE "THRIVE", ATHEIST ARE THE PEOPLE WHO DON'T BELIEVE IN GOD AND HIS BIBLE, OR AT LEAST THEY'RE THE ONES WHO ARE NOT SCARED TO DOUBT THE DOCTRINES OF RELIGION.

AND THERE'S NOTHING LIKE NL ATHEIST, THEY'RE JUST ATHEISTS. THEY'RE NOT DIFFERENT FROM THE ATHEISTS IN LAGOS, OHIO, PARIS, ON FACEBOOK OR MYSPACE... SO DON'T MAKE IT LOOK LIKE THIS FORUM IS EVIL ESPECIALLY BECAUSE SEUN IS ALSO AN ATHEIST.

DON'T EXPECT US ALL TO BELIEVE IN GOD BECAUSE YOU DO.
DON'T EXPECT EVERYONE TO BE SCARED OF HELL OR LIVE IN FEAR OF BIBLICAL BEINGS THAT WENT EXTINCT AFTER THE BIBLE DAYS.
YOUR GODS CAN FIGHT THEIR BATTLES I GUESS, WHY DO YOU BELIEVERS RAIN EMPTY THREATS EVERY TIME?
I dont care what you believe or dont believe. When you come into a religion section and mock people for their religious beliefs. I simply show you how dumb it is.

1 Like

Re: The Expectations And Responsibilities Of Being A Christian by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:29pm On Aug 07, 2016
CAPSLOCKED:

YOU REALLY CAN'T DO WITHOUT ALL THESE VERY UNIMPORTANT MEMES.

YOU SURE HAVE TO POP ONE EVERY HERE AND THERE LIKE A MALFUNCTIONING ROBOT, IN THE END YOU DON'T EVEN MAKE ANY SENSE WITH ALL YOUR POSTS! undecided

"in the end you don't even make any sense with all your posts " - Logical fallacy Pooh-pooh – dismissing his argument as unworthy of serious consideration .

It remains a logical fallacy unless you prove his arguments are false or illogical .
Re: The Expectations And Responsibilities Of Being A Christian by winner01(m): 9:32pm On Aug 07, 2016
CAPSLOCKED:

ANOTHER DUMB MEME, AND ITS A LIGHTBULB THIS TIME, NOT DAWKINS OR JESUS.
I'M REALLY IMPRESSED. ITS NOT EVERYDAY I GET TO SEE PEOPLE WHO SPEND EVERY MINUTE OF THE DAY GOOGLING IMAGES JUST TO INSERT F00LISH STATEMENTS TO THEM.
By chance, did you see who started the memes on this thread?

Naah, i guess not. Somehow you're blind to that

Worry not. Theres more.
Re: The Expectations And Responsibilities Of Being A Christian by CAPSLOCKED: 9:36pm On Aug 07, 2016
winner01:
I dont care what you believe or dont believe. When you come into a religion section and mock people for their religious beliefs. I simply show you how dumb it is.

I DON'T MOCK RELIGION, NO TRUE ATHEIST DOES.

I ONLY MOCK THE PEOPLE WHO CAN'T BE MARRIED IN THEIR CHURCH BECAUSE OF "TITHES AND OFFERINGS", AND THE CONFUSED CHRISTIANS WHO SEE EVERYTHING AS SIN EXCEPT FORNICATING, LYING, CHEATING, HYPOCRISY, MASTURBATIION, JEALOUSY, GREED, HATRED, MURDER, AND EATING PORK. cheesy
Re: The Expectations And Responsibilities Of Being A Christian by CAPSLOCKED: 9:38pm On Aug 07, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

"in the end you don't even make any sense with all your posts " - Logical fallacy Pooh-pooh – dismissing his argument as unworthy of serious consideration .

It remains a logical fallacy unless you prove his arguments are false or illogical .

I KNEW YOU WOULD SHOW YOURSELF, YOU'RE DOING GOOD AS HIS MINISTER OF DEFENSE. smiley
Re: The Expectations And Responsibilities Of Being A Christian by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:41pm On Aug 07, 2016
CAPSLOCKED:

I KNEW YOU WOULD SHOW YOURSELF, YOU'RE DOING GOOD AS HIS MINISTER OF DEFENSE. smiley

Non sequitur . You are on fire tonight cool
Re: The Expectations And Responsibilities Of Being A Christian by shuggah(m): 10:23pm On Aug 07, 2016
kevoh:

This is your initial lie comment below which I am addressing.

Has an atheist ever bashed muslims on Nairaland? Yes. That's me throwing a jibe at Mo.are.med..back in 2015. https://www.nairaland.com/2251469/jesus-son-man-read#32665981
This is another back and forth jibing between an atheist and a muslim https://www.nairaland.com/573026/proof-accuracy-new-testament-accounts/1#7428518
This is another thread from an atheist tackling muslims : https://www.nairaland.com/1003060/5-easy-steps-debunking-quran
Guess you missed the period when half of the atheists where getting banned from Islamic threads(before the arrival of childish individuals posting pointless memes), that they do not play the victim card like Christians does not mean they do not receive the punishments from the moderators too. You probably are new to this section of Nairaland and do not understand the history of this place. Just wanted to address the lie, no point discussing further here on who bashes who as it is a fruitless venture for me. Thank you.
u even keep records of how u go around threads bashing religions Lwkmd, and that's an achievement to u, if u re really an atheist and nt a confused,poor,hungry fellow who thinks he is angry at God for being poor then u shud face ur atheism, grow in it than to go around threads doing stuffs that people far better and more enlightened than u did nd finally quit. u are even scared of typing Mohammed in full but u can type Jesus Christ and bash his believers because ur uncle Seun is ur mentor
Re: The Expectations And Responsibilities Of Being A Christian by shuggah(m): 10:28pm On Aug 07, 2016
winner01:
so the best way to show ur disbelief in God is to go around looking for christian related posts then spit trash on them.. I thought since u guys knw d whole truth nd christians don't then u can keep ur truth to urself. u open ur mouth nd say there is No God, if eventually there is God i wonder where u will go to hide
Re: The Expectations And Responsibilities Of Being A Christian by tosinjay(m): 12:10am On Aug 08, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Wetin concern atheists for this matter now? Na only atheist reject Christianity?
You see your case? Wetin you find reach here? if it's not for your heart to be transformed it's to be critical. I had an encounter with an atheist regarding what i said.
Re: The Expectations And Responsibilities Of Being A Christian by Rexyl(m): 9:03am On Aug 08, 2016
CAPSLOCKED:

THERE'S NOTHING BASELESS ABOUT ATHEISM, MY FRIEND. THERES NO SUCH THING LIKE "THRIVE", ATHEIST ARE THE PEOPLE WHO DON'T BELIEVE IN GOD AND HIS BIBLE, OR AT LEAST THEY'RE THE ONES WHO ARE NOT SCARED TO DOUBT THE DOCTRINES OF RELIGION.

AND THERE'S NOTHING LIKE NL ATHEIST, THEY'RE JUST ATHEISTS. THEY'RE NOT DIFFERENT FROM THE ATHEISTS IN LAGOS, OHIO, PARIS, ON FACEBOOK OR MYSPACE... SO DON'T MAKE IT LOOK LIKE THIS FORUM IS EVIL ESPECIALLY BECAUSE SEUN IS ALSO AN ATHEIST.

DON'T EXPECT US ALL TO BELIEVE IN GOD BECAUSE YOU DO.
DON'T EXPECT EVERYONE TO BE SCARED OF HELL OR LIVE IN FEAR OF BIBLICAL BEINGS THAT WENT EXTINCT AFTER THE BIBLE DAYS.
YOUR GODS CAN FIGHT THEIR BATTLES I GUESS, WHY DO YOU BELIEVERS RAIN EMPTY THREATS EVERY TIME?

As a Christian I will just let you understand that God has given humans the grace of choice. The choice is yours to believe or disbelieve in existence of God. People like you will never know God or the supernatural exist because you neither seek nor understand his path or feel his presence. Believing in God is quite beyond human reasons and mental capability because it is spiritual.

You all must know you are wrong for denying existence of God and spiritual realm.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Expectations And Responsibilities Of Being A Christian by WestAfricanGoon: 10:15am On Aug 08, 2016
shuggah:

Hnmnm Would u agree to this, if actually there is God and ur so called fairy tale is real and the word of God is true then let ur remaining days on earth be synonymous to the name jabez and let the plight of Ichabod fall on u? ?
Lol. Dude, I dunno Wtf you're talking about. But I've been agnostic/atheist for a while and my life has been pretty good. Besides, if you think you will be rewarded with eternal life for doing good on earth, you're not better than a person who just does good for the hell of it. That's what i know. I'd rather choose to be good than be coerced by the threat of burning in hell.. Each to his own sha. Maybe you are inherently evil.. I am not.
Re: The Expectations And Responsibilities Of Being A Christian by hahn(m): 11:37am On Aug 08, 2016
ClinicalHope:
No matter what you post about Christians or Christianity, Jesus Christ is Love and He is alive. His message was peace and every Christ follower(true devoted christians) has never been put to shame.

shuggah:

may God have mercy on u for all ur fight against the spread of the gospel. people more powerful and more prominent than u have tried but they all failed, Cc Stalin, Hitler. best thing for u is if u call urself an atheist then focus on it, being an atheist shouldn't be a war against Christians. why fight Christianity when u say it's fake, the Fact that the Europeans accompanied the spread of Christianity with their imperialism doesn't mean that that's the Christian doctrine or gospel off the lord Jesus Christ, if u studied history of African and European imperialism well enough, u'd see that there is a striking difference between Christian missionaries and European imperialists, those slaves that were sold at a point got educated and wrote biographies and they never blamed the Christian missionaries for their plight ,try reading the biography of Harriet Tubman as a reference. good afternoon

Lol. Hitler was a Christian tongue

1 Like

Re: The Expectations And Responsibilities Of Being A Christian by shuggah(m): 1:23pm On Aug 08, 2016
hahn:

Lol. Hitler was a Christian tongue
Hitler?? dunno which of the Hitler u re talking abt... besides u were born a Christian too I presume.
Re: The Expectations And Responsibilities Of Being A Christian by shuggah(m): 1:26pm On Aug 08, 2016
WestAfricanGoon:

Lol. Dude, I dunno Wtf you're talking about. But I've been agnostic/atheist for a while and my life has been pretty good. Besides, if you think you will be rewarded with eternal life for doing good on earth, you're not better than a person who just does good for the hell of it. That's what i know. I'd rather choose to be good than be coerced by the threat of burning in hell.. Each to his own sha. Maybe you are inherently evil.. I am not.
u are an atheist and I asked u to a bet nd u re scared, yu blaspheme and curse God ND make mock of christians yet u won't agree to this... even atheists do fear God.
Re: The Expectations And Responsibilities Of Being A Christian by hahn(m): 2:18pm On Aug 08, 2016
shuggah:

Hitler?? dunno which of the Hitler u re talking abt... besides u were born a Christian too I presume.

Born Christian? We are all born atheists until someone lies to us wink

1 Like

Re: The Expectations And Responsibilities Of Being A Christian by CAPSLOCKED: 2:56pm On Aug 08, 2016
hahn:

BELIEVE ME cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Expectations And Responsibilities Of Being A Christian by shuggah(m): 3:10pm On Aug 08, 2016
hahn:

like I told one of ur atheist brothers ND he ran away ND has nt replied, would u accept this,"that if there is God and that the Bible and the holy spirit and everything contained in the Bible are true then let the remaining days of ur life be synonymous with the name jabez, except u become a christian.
Re: The Expectations And Responsibilities Of Being A Christian by hahn(m): 4:14pm On Aug 08, 2016
shuggah:

like I told one of ur atheist brothers ND he ran away ND has nt replied, would u accept this,"that if there is God and that the Bible and the holy spirit and everything contained in the Bible are true then let the remaining days of ur life be synonymous with the name jabez, except u become a christian.

1) Should I say Amen or Halleluyah to the prayer?

because

2) 1 Chronicles 4:10 Jabez cried out to the God of Israel, "Oh, that you would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain." And God granted his request.

The prayer actually sounds nice grin

Too bad, prayer doesn't work tongue

Re: The Expectations And Responsibilities Of Being A Christian by WestAfricanGoon: 6:21am On Aug 09, 2016
shuggah:

u are an atheist and I asked u to a bet nd u re scared, yu blaspheme and curse God ND make mock of christians yet u won't agree to this... even atheists do fear God.

Oh.. I had no idea it was a bet lol.. I accept your bet.. Based on fictional characters that never existed. You might as well say my days will be like that of simba in lion king grin

For the record, I can't fear what I don't believe in.
Re: The Expectations And Responsibilities Of Being A Christian by WestAfricanGoon: 6:24am On Aug 09, 2016
shuggah:

@ Hahn no mind this joker, I think he is still battling with his own belief lol. He wants to convince himself that atheists believe so he can be secure in his own belief..

@ shuggah please emancipate yourself from this torture.. You can be good without God. In fact you can be better.
Re: The Expectations And Responsibilities Of Being A Christian by shuggah(m): 6:40am On Aug 09, 2016
WestAfricanGoon:

@ Hahn no mind this joker, I think he is still battling with his own belief lol. He wants to convince himself that atheists believe so he can be secure in his own belief..

@ shuggah please emancipate yourself from this torture.. You can be good without God. In fact you can be better.
the smell of faeces does not allow a dog perceive d smell of death.. we shall see, God doesn't need prove himself to u but may his words ge fulfilled.

1 Like

Re: The Expectations And Responsibilities Of Being A Christian by ArcToyin(m): 5:51pm On Aug 10, 2016
malvisguy212:
stop trying to make it look like going to church is bad. The substance is in the heart which the pagans do not see, is not in the word.
and should be seen in our acts

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Expectations And Responsibilities Of Being A Christian by ArcToyin(m): 5:56pm On Aug 10, 2016
Sunnycliff:
If you have love for God and love for your fellow man, then you are a Christian irrespective of your race or tribe!
& follow his examples
Re: The Expectations And Responsibilities Of Being A Christian by WestAfricanGoon: 5:44pm On Aug 12, 2016
shuggah:

the smell of faeces does not allow a dog perceive d smell of death.. we shall see, God doesn't need prove himself to u but may his words ge fulfilled.

grin grin grin . this your proverb sha... wetin faeces and death get in common. in fact the smell of faeces is evidence youre alive grin undecided
Re: The Expectations And Responsibilities Of Being A Christian by shuggah(m): 7:20pm On Aug 12, 2016
WestAfricanGoon:

grin grin grin . this your proverb sha... wetin faeces and death get in common. in fact the smell of faeces is evidence youre alive grin undecided
change ur name from westafricangoon to englishdog if u can't make a meaning out of d proverb.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Congrats Pastor Agbaje, Goodluck Jonathan Now The Acting President Of Nigeria. / Does Godly Dressing Make One Godly? / Read This If U Are A Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.