Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:06 AM

Our Children Will Continue To Wear Church Robes To School- CAN President, Ayokun - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Our Children Will Continue To Wear Church Robes To School- CAN President, Ayokun (37333 Views)

CAN President, Rev. Samson Ayokunle Asks Buhari To Dialogue With Nnamdi Kanu / ‘onaiyekan, Mbang Want Ayokunle’s Inauguration As CAN President Scuttled’ / Supo Ayokunle Emerges As New CAN President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Our Children Will Continue To Wear Church Robes To School- CAN President, Ayokun by kingkhalifaISIS(m): 1:05pm On Aug 07, 2016
praise010:
I can't read this sermon on this Sunday morning.

I see CAN president as a special category of Nigeria Politician.

I don't take them seriously.

Good morning Nairalanders
the bloody Arabian paedophile is he from Allah
Re: Our Children Will Continue To Wear Church Robes To School- CAN President, Ayokun by Larryfest(m): 1:08pm On Aug 07, 2016
Abegi who con get time to dey read dis epistle sef When they ought to be doing the right thing they were busy chasing after private jets now they are about to be chased out of their own religion.....bloody hypocrites
Re: Our Children Will Continue To Wear Church Robes To School- CAN President, Ayokun by 2odd(m): 1:08pm On Aug 07, 2016
The issue is this ,if a Christian committed an offence in a state that practices sharia would he not be judge according to this laws . Would a muslim lady that goes to a catholic boarding not observe the traditions there. ?. Its all about tolerance. You must accept that other people opinion will defer from urs. Was it not here we saw sultan urging Muslim community to deal with anybody that stops them from worshipping. ??
Re: Our Children Will Continue To Wear Church Robes To School- CAN President, Ayokun by SaffronSpice: 1:11pm On Aug 07, 2016
Jews & Arabs make-belief religions causing problems everywhere.

It's hightime Africans ditched these faiths and return to the TRUTH tongue.

1 Like

Re: Our Children Will Continue To Wear Church Robes To School- CAN President, Ayokun by Nusaf: 1:13pm On Aug 07, 2016
tbaba1234:
The hijab is not a mosque cloth. Women wear it every where. The courts have already affirmed their right to wear it.

In the US, muslim women wear their hijab everywhere including school.

This CAN president is showing religious intolerance.
The funniest thing is that even the Muslim community is happy with that development if they can sustain it. The Muslims never attempted to stop anybody from wearing clothes that cover the whole body, but on the contrary, that is what they want but they can't force it on anybody. It is the Islamic way of dressing and they have learnt it right from childhood but if CAN want everybody to start wearing similar dress, fine.

1 Like

Re: Our Children Will Continue To Wear Church Robes To School- CAN President, Ayokun by Nobody: 1:15pm On Aug 07, 2016
seunmsg:

I am sure you missed all the comments above.

By the way, there is no need for anybody to go to court again. If the supreme court upholds the ruling of the court of appeal, everybody should dress according to the dictates of their religion. Freedom of religion is a constitutional right and all Nigerians are entitled to that right.

All the comments are deriding him for his motives, not concerned about the dressing of Christian students. One even said they should wear agbada if they want. Another said that they should go and get their court order. How is this opposition to church robes? On the contrary, we Muslims believe that one's religious beliefs should take precedence and one should behave in conformity to his/her religious beliefs... whatever they are.

orisunmibare01:

See how intelligent you are? Anyone WHO PRACTISE LAWLESSNESS can never see God...including even pastors, and of course those who think killing and cheating of other religion is the way to get a right standing with their god.
I don't have your time.... Just let us know when its your turn to strap a bomb in your pocket.

Yes, that is why Muslims always request for their rights LAWFULLY through competent courts of law in their jurisdiction. Also, Muslims are the ones doing the Will of God, in our decency, morality and clean living. Why did the Christian missionaries introduce the half naked mini skirts and armless tops for female students? Did they do so for personal titilliation? Only God knows their real motives, but it is time to redress this debauchery and lawlessness, if only for our Muslim youth. You Christians can send your daughters to school in spagghetti and bum shorts if you like (when you get tired of washing heavy, sweaty church robes daily).

Your repartee does not have an effect on me. I dont even report such 'abuse'. Christians are well known for empty talk.

Fourwinds:
ur religion is a forceful religion okay...
a lot of u will come here and deny what ur terrorists brothers are doing yet whoever dey convert they include them in ur religion....
don't worry the time is coiming and it shall come

Faith is in the heart and mind, not on the tongue, though you Christians wouldnt probably understand that. A terrorist can only convert others to his terrorism, not to Islam, and any person who accepts to convert to terrorism wholeheartedly, was already one in his heart before his conversion. It should even worry you as to why terrorists are able to convert people of your faith so easily to their creed? So many ISIS, BH etc members are former Christians, even educated westerners. It should worry you that they prefer even the violent ideology of the terrorists to their former 'righteous' religion of christianity.

By the way, your last statement is an empty threat, unless you refer to the Day of Judgement, in which case, I concur...we shall see then.

3 Likes

Re: Our Children Will Continue To Wear Church Robes To School- CAN President, Ayokun by DabuIIIT: 1:15pm On Aug 07, 2016
Lexxyburg:
Radarada
thanks for introducing urself..lolls
Re: Our Children Will Continue To Wear Church Robes To School- CAN President, Ayokun by Lightening: 1:16pm On Aug 07, 2016
Farmerforlife:

You are right, Africa will soon be almost all non Christian, just like Turkey, Syria, Egypt, Libya, Morrocco, Albania etc; against all the prophecies and expectations of CFAN 1900-2020. Though Christianity had a headstart of 600 years, and despite the fact that Christians of all persuasions have engaged; and are still engaging today; in oppressive wars of advanced weaponry and rampant media/online calumny against Islam, Islam is still set to overtake Christianity worldwide. Just go check out Muslim gains in Europe and the US; where the Ex-Christians (now atheists) have turned away from the Pauline manipulation of Jesus, we Muslims are reviving his true message.

The Quran was right...

<< And say: "Truth has now arrived, and Falsehood perished: for Falsehood is; by its nature; bound to perish." >>

Quran 17:81.

If you like, dont only 'stand' your faith, frog jump it.

The conquests of Islam in Africa and elsewhere would have been more glorious if it were by compelling religious beliefs and godliness rather than by forceful conversion and mass annihilation of christians that defy conversion through jihad. Is that anything a reasonable person will celebrate? The Christians preach Jesus crucified and back it up with a love filled life. People voluntarily take up the christian faith. That's when there is joy in heaven.
Re: Our Children Will Continue To Wear Church Robes To School- CAN President, Ayokun by franklynsunny(m): 1:18pm On Aug 07, 2016
Nonetheless nonsensical nonsense
Dis is nt ROME?
Re: Our Children Will Continue To Wear Church Robes To School- CAN President, Ayokun by yeyeboi(m): 1:24pm On Aug 07, 2016
Strech:
did u even .I give up on u.

Zombie was I talking to u? Or did I tell u that it was related to wat he said?
Re: Our Children Will Continue To Wear Church Robes To School- CAN President, Ayokun by Encyclopedia1: 1:28pm On Aug 07, 2016
Fourwinds:
missionary schools dat were establish by christians dat government later took....those songs have been there long before d take over...so do u expect them to throw them out...

in islamic schools don't dey. have songs dat dey sing.

u neef to use ur brain
Bros, if u no get prof no de talk. Go and check even the so called Muslim school's taken then, na the same. Always on Christian songs
Re: Our Children Will Continue To Wear Church Robes To School- CAN President, Ayokun by Lightening: 1:29pm On Aug 07, 2016
Spicycat:
If Muslims leaders talk the way this CAN president is talking about how many Muslims are being killed by others and why Muslims must defend themselves then Nigeria will be in chaos because all i read in his speech is hate and intolerance propagation.

Please tell us how many Muslims are being killed by Christians. Educate us with instances just like the CAN president cited four very recent instances of killings of Christians by Muslims in Nigeria.
Re: Our Children Will Continue To Wear Church Robes To School- CAN President, Ayokun by olamilekan001: 1:29pm On Aug 07, 2016
Flyingngel:
U see what those religious fanatics have started doing to our educational system? Instead of them to take d government to court and ask for a total turn around of our schools or payment of teachers salary as at when due rather they went to ask of wearing hijab in school. Y was it call uniform if students will wear something contrary to d assign material and design. Let us take religion fanaticism far from our educational system especially d secondary and primary school.
GUY YOU ONLY THINK IN ONE DIRECTION.
Re: Our Children Will Continue To Wear Church Robes To School- CAN President, Ayokun by Encyclopedia1: 1:30pm On Aug 07, 2016
Forwetinnah:

You work is to go round the thread calling people foolish because they're exposing the insanity propelling your vain belief..no be so?
See ur life. We are making u feel what we use to feel. Bad blood.
Re: Our Children Will Continue To Wear Church Robes To School- CAN President, Ayokun by WhatOnEarth: 1:31pm On Aug 07, 2016
MKO4ever:
Anyone that wears hijab or church robes to school, but refuses to wear same to a birthday party is a bigot.
I read in one book that Jesus never called himself the son of God. if that is true why are we deceiving these children by teaching them what is not true.

You read in one book. Hmmmm. You did not even bother to read the Bible itself.
Lets look at your method critically. If I wanted to know how many siblings you have and then I go to your neighbour to ask instead of coming directly to you, what would you call me

Anyway time for some homework for you.

Mark 14.61-62 (This singular verse converted this guy, http://www.nabeelqureshi.com/)
Daniel 7.13 puts this verse in context. For a Jew, saying you're "the Son of man" means you're equal with God.

John 5.18 (This is the singular sin that Jesus committed that he was killed for by the Jews)

Philippians 2.6 (Apostle Paul knew who Jesus was. Till this day Muslims still believe that it was Paul who corrupted the Christian Bible by making this singular claim)

There are other passages as well. Plenty of them such that Hebrews 12.1 described it as "a great cloud of witnesses."

And since you like reading books I would recommend you read "The case for Jesus" by Brant Pitre. I guess you can find it to download free on the internet somewhere.
Re: Our Children Will Continue To Wear Church Robes To School- CAN President, Ayokun by MKO4ever(m): 1:31pm On Aug 07, 2016
lastmessenger:
Is it true that Muhammad had epilepsy. Please can you verify this
Nothing like that either in the Quran or Bible. And I am still saying Jesus never said he is the (begotten, not made) son of God. Ask your Jehovah's witness fellow.
Re: Our Children Will Continue To Wear Church Robes To School- CAN President, Ayokun by olamilekan001: 1:33pm On Aug 07, 2016
tafabaloo:
high time for the christian leaders to rise up and stand firm for the faith .
I DONT NEED TO KNOW YOU BEFORE KNOWING YOU DUMB. AND YOU JUST OPEN AND CLOSE YOUR MOUTH JUST LIKE ONE YOUR IDOL PASTOR
Re: Our Children Will Continue To Wear Church Robes To School- CAN President, Ayokun by Demmzy15(m): 1:34pm On Aug 07, 2016
yazach:
wear anything, don't limit it to robe but extend it to"wear nothing" I promise you that no Muslim will complain. Just tell the rascals among your members to please leave our Muslim alone and allow them to enjoy their religious right.

I want to repeat it do whatever you like, wage war against the government, we MUSLIM are less concern. LIVE AND LET OTHERS LIVE

Thanks

Empiree
lexiconkabir
Rilwan
Yazach
Ypeace
Demmzy15
,Rilwayne001

brothers, I think I said it wella
100% well Egbon!

1 Like

Re: Our Children Will Continue To Wear Church Robes To School- CAN President, Ayokun by Nusaf: 1:35pm On Aug 07, 2016
lovat:
Mohammed the pedophile
Since u were born, have ever come across any Muslim, either online or offline, that say anything bad against Jesus Christ? This is the problem and u will turn around to start accusing the Muslims of intolerance. This is how u will be saying it until one day u will forget that u are offline and repeat it in the presence Muslims and when they react, nobody will know exactly what u did. Hmmm.
Re: Our Children Will Continue To Wear Church Robes To School- CAN President, Ayokun by barcaboi(m): 1:35pm On Aug 07, 2016
what are these people teaching the kids?...using them as scapegoats to fight a war thry could have fought in the court...
Re: Our Children Will Continue To Wear Church Robes To School- CAN President, Ayokun by olamilekan001: 1:36pm On Aug 07, 2016
MKO4ever:

Nothing like that either in the Quran or Bible. And I am still saying Jesus never said he is the (begotten, not made) son of God. Ask your Jehovah's witness fellow.
JESUS WAS NOT EVEN THE ONLY BEGOTTEN SON OF GOD IN THE BIBLE. THERE ARE MANY BEGOTTEN SON
Re: Our Children Will Continue To Wear Church Robes To School- CAN President, Ayokun by Nobody: 1:36pm On Aug 07, 2016
Lightening:

The conquests of Islam in Africa and elsewhere would have been more glorious if it were by compelling religious beliefs and godliness rather than by forceful conversion and mass annihilation of christians that defy conversion through jihad. Is that anything a reasonable person will celebrate? The Christians preach Jesus crucified and back it up with a love filled life. People voluntarily take up the christian faith. That's when there is joy in heaven.

Mere outdated propaganda mindlessly repeated. No serious scholar of history takes these allegations seriously anymore.

Do you mean the kind of mass annihilations that were carried out by Christian missionaries in South and North America, Spain and Portugal, North, South, East, West Africa and across Asia through colonialist armies and conquistadors? No, there were no such things done by Islam. Christians in the levant, Byzantium, and North Africa were so tired of Christian divisions, cruelty and oppression, that they rushed to Islam in droves. To prove that there were no annihilations, descendants of Christian settlers still live in all these countries, compare to the Muslim and Jewish genocides carried out in medieval Spain and Portugal. No non combatants were ever killed in all the Muslim wars, compare to the Spanish conquistador conquest of the Aztecs and Mayans where entire cities were wiped out 'in the name of God'. No one was ever forced to convert to Islam, so much so that some of your historians have even theorised that the early Islamic State even discouraged conversions of non Muslims so that they could collect more jizya (there is no pleasing christians), compare this to the actions of your priests of 'love filled lives' during the inquisition which gave the real meaning to the words 'forceful conversions', where Muslim and Jewish families were looted, and forced to convert in front of blazing pyres. Even coming back to Africa, did your great grandparents accept Christianity voluntarily, especially the ones taken on slave ships to provide slave labour to good christians? Go read about the abuses of the British/french/Belgian colonialism in all the territory under their control. Read up about how christians justified slavery of black people as 'the will of God' straight from the bible, while you are at it.

Then come back here and tell me that Islam was spread at the point of a sword, while christianity was spread voluntarily through light and love.

2 Likes

Re: Our Children Will Continue To Wear Church Robes To School- CAN President, Ayokun by lovat(m): 1:38pm On Aug 07, 2016
Nusaf:

Since u were born, have ever come across any Muslim, either online or offline, that say anything bad against Jesus Christ? This is the problem and u will turn around to start accusing the Muslims of intolerance. This is how u will be saying it until one day u will forget that u are offline and repeat it in the presence Muslims and when they react, nobody will know exactly what u did. Hmmm.
did i abuse your god undecided
Re: Our Children Will Continue To Wear Church Robes To School- CAN President, Ayokun by Fourwinds: 1:40pm On Aug 07, 2016
Farmerforlife:

All the comments are deriding him for his motives, not concerned about the dressing of Christian students. One even said they should wear agbada if they want. Another said that they should go and get their court order. How is this opposition to church robes? On the contrary, we Muslims believe that one's religious beliefs should take precedence and one should behave in conformity to his/her religious beliefs... whatever they are.

Yes, that is why Muslims always request for their rights LAWFULLY through competent courts of law in their jurisdiction. Also, Muslims are the ones doing the Will of God, in our decency, morality and clean living. Why did the Christian missionaries introduce the half naked mini skirts and armless tops for female students? Did they do so for personal titilliation? Only God knows their real motives, but it is time to redress this debauchery and lawlessness, if only for our Muslim youth. You Christians can send your daughters to school in spagghetti and bum shorts if you like (when you get tired of washing heavy, sweaty church robes daily).

Your repartee does not have an effect on me. I dont even report such 'abuse'. Christians are well known for empty talk.

Faith is in the heart and mind, not on the tongue, though you Christians wouldnt probably understand that. A terrorist can only convert others to his terrorism, not to Islam, and any person who accepts to convert to terrorism wholeheartedly, was already one in his heart before his conversion. It should even worry you as to why terrorists are able to convert people of your faith so easily to their creed? So many ISIS, BH etc members are former Christians, even educated westerners. It should worry you that they prefer even the violent ideology of the terrorists to their former 'righteous' religion of christianity.

By the way, your last statement is an empty threat, unless you refer to the Day of Judgement, in which case, I concur...we shall see then.
terrorist are muslims simple.. .don't deny ur brothers in arm....

they are every trying to establish islamic states.....Somalia., Mali., Iraq., Syria Yemen etc

is dat a religion of peace
Re: Our Children Will Continue To Wear Church Robes To School- CAN President, Ayokun by Lightening: 1:43pm On Aug 07, 2016
Farmerforlife:

Maybe because Christians did not get a court order to establish their rights, but decided to use childish tit for tat and religious blackmail. The question is, can the court pronouncement be interpreted to include church robes? If yes, I am sure that Osun state will happily oblige.

For we Muslims, we dont care whether you even have a court order or not. Do you see Muslims taking you to court to prevent you from wearing church robes to school? Wear whatever you wish, have you ever seen a Muslim teacher oppressing a Christian for dressing as a Christian? We are used to the childish behaviour evinced by Christians, we are just not going to keep tolerating it, and this is what is now creating friction... you want us to live by your rules forever. Not going to happen, Sorry.

You Muslims don't care yet a Muslim state governor is spearheading the alteration of Christian religious doctrines and teachings? Are you sure of what you are saying?
Re: Our Children Will Continue To Wear Church Robes To School- CAN President, Ayokun by Nusaf: 1:43pm On Aug 07, 2016
2odd:
The issue is this ,if a Christian committed an offence in a state that practices sharia would he not be judge according to this laws . Would a muslim lady that goes to a catholic boarding not observe the traditions there. ?. Its all about tolerance. You must accept that other people opinion will defer from urs. Was it not here we saw sultan urging Muslim community to deal with anybody that stops them from worshipping. ??
Pls can u mention a particular case anywhere in Nigeria in which a non muslim was tried according to Sharia Law?
Re: Our Children Will Continue To Wear Church Robes To School- CAN President, Ayokun by olamilekan001: 1:44pm On Aug 07, 2016
Nusaf:

The funniest thing is that even the Muslim community is happy with that development if they can sustain it. The Muslims never attempted to stop anybody from wearing clothes that cover the whole body, but on the contrary, that is what they want but they can't force it on anybody. It is the Islamic way of dressing and they have learnt it right from childhood but if CAN want everybody to start wearing similar dress, fine.
YOU SHOULDNT BE SURPRISE WITH THEM IF THEY CAN WEAR MINI SKIRT TO CHURCH WHY WONT THEY WANT TO WEAR IT TO SCHOOL. DUMB PEOPLE THEY PROMOTE IMMORALITY THEY SAY THEY ARE PRACTISING RELIGION

2 Likes

Re: Our Children Will Continue To Wear Church Robes To School- CAN President, Ayokun by Fourwinds: 1:44pm On Aug 07, 2016
Encyclopedia1:

Bros, if u no get prof no de talk. Go and check even the so called Muslim school's taken then, na the same. Always on Christian songs
who ask d islimic schools to sing christian songs

was it force into their mouth.
Re: Our Children Will Continue To Wear Church Robes To School- CAN President, Ayokun by alowonle02(m): 1:45pm On Aug 07, 2016
I don't think dis man is carefully screened before emerged as a CAN president because all what he was sayying is totally confussed and trying to cause religion rift in our nation. Should CAN or christianity has issue with government let it go court and see judgement from court rather than behaving as if it is above d law.
Re: Our Children Will Continue To Wear Church Robes To School- CAN President, Ayokun by Gluthatione: 1:45pm On Aug 07, 2016
God bless u sir, CAN president continue to speak the truth.
Re: Our Children Will Continue To Wear Church Robes To School- CAN President, Ayokun by MKO4ever(m): 1:50pm On Aug 07, 2016
WhatOnEarth:

You read in one book. Hmmmm. You did not even bother to read the Bible itself.
Lets look at your method critically. If I wanted to know how many siblings you have and then I go to your neighbour to ask instead of coming directly to you, what would you call me

Anyway time for some homework for you.

Mark 14.61-62 (This singular verse converted this guy, http://www.nabeelqureshi.com/)
Daniel 7.13 puts this verse in context. For a Jew, saying you're "the Son of man" means you're equal with God.

John 5.18 (This is the singular sin that Jesus committed that he was killed for by the Jews)

Philippians 2.6 (Apostle Paul knew who Jesus was. Till this day Muslims still believe that it was Paul who corrupted the Christian Bible by making this singular claim)

There are other passages as well. Plenty of them such that Hebrews 12.1 described it as "a great cloud of witnesses."

And since you like reading books I would recommend you read "The case for Jesus" by Brant Pitre. I guess you can find it to download free on the internet somewhere.
everyone is aware of John 3:16 and Co. but in all of these verses, I am saying where did Jesus himself tell anybody that he is the only begotten son of God?
Re: Our Children Will Continue To Wear Church Robes To School- CAN President, Ayokun by haconjy(m): 1:51pm On Aug 07, 2016
What really pains me much is the youth that are talking in favour of government only because they taught every thing is political..
does that mean that no sense in what this man is saying?

if u refuse to fight for them now one day nobody will fight for u..
Christian leaders should come up....
Is only stupid aregbe...sole ,seeing group become thief, seeing group become lazy, that will do this...
I remember that day when they announce this man as governor, I saw it that Christian in Yoruba are under the doom

Kaduna is make as experiment state for islamization, osun in Yoruba side is an example, Benue in SE and Edo in south south.. and Christian does not talk ....in problems we are....

past oyedepo and abeboye as surprise me cause why are they not talking on these issues? cause their hands are fill with bribe...

rev mbaka confuse some people to vote GMB now he is regretting it...
my own is that my family and I will serve God...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here / Cutlass-wielding Pastor Spotted Praying On The Altar For His Church Members. PIC / Thousands Storm Adeboye’s Crusade In Bauchi (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.