Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,490 members, 7,808,812 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:14 PM

Teacher Writes An Open Letter To WAEC Over Results - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Teacher Writes An Open Letter To WAEC Over Results (37356 Views)

Top 5 Best Secondary Schools In Nigeria According To WAEC / Girl Who Scored 85 In JAMB Writes An Open Letter - Read Here / MAUTECH Fresh Student Commits Suicide Over Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Teacher Writes An Open Letter To WAEC Over Results by Draculadick(m): 7:03pm On Aug 08, 2016
Mendelistickmend:
Mtcheew....am still trying to reach the idiot that marked the literatute of my school....can you imagine all of us were give E8....maybe he/she will mark one and use that one and gives scores to others...if i fail literature in Neco...none of the person's child will ever make Waec is his/her life....Waec(Wayo and edutainment centre)

kai nawaoh this your english seff e get as e be ooooh just tell me how you wan take pass literature seff
Re: Teacher Writes An Open Letter To WAEC Over Results by mickey45: 7:22pm On Aug 08, 2016
ibolomo:

It is now computerized, at least I know that of the past two years. With Biometrics and everything. they even introduced card reader for marking attendance this year

Those're for verification and perhaps objs the essay questions are still handmarked.

Maybe in a few years everything will be digitised
Re: Teacher Writes An Open Letter To WAEC Over Results by mickey45: 7:22pm On Aug 08, 2016
ibolomo:

It is now computerized, at least I know that of the past two years. With Biometrics and everything. they even introduced card reader for marking attendance this year

Those're for verification and perhaps objs the essay questions are still handmarked.

Maybe in a few years, these too will be digitised
Re: Teacher Writes An Open Letter To WAEC Over Results by macjurek(m): 7:23pm On Aug 08, 2016
Please WAEC has done nothing wrong, the results were so due to Examination Malpractices all private schools Nation wide oooook

Thanks

Cheers
Re: Teacher Writes An Open Letter To WAEC Over Results by mickey45: 7:32pm On Aug 08, 2016
Xone3:

WAEC doesn't mark everyone down in a center for exam malpractice. If you mark a script and report exam malpractice, you will have to give instances and all the affected candidates will be examined one after the other by at least 3 officers and scrutinized seriously before a conclusion can be gotten.

Once took part in a "coordination" where the chief examiner stated "once you notice exam malpractice and have enough samples to prove it, report and you'll no longer need to mark them but will get paid"
Re: Teacher Writes An Open Letter To WAEC Over Results by mickey45: 7:33pm On Aug 08, 2016
ibolomo:

Re: Teacher Writes An Open Letter To WAEC Over Results by echelons(m): 8:32pm On Aug 08, 2016
xtophy:
after u gained admission wif ur neco, are u planning to sit for another waec or did u later write another
Gained admission with NECO... My WAEC was a beauty without that Chemistry - 4A 4B 1D7
Re: Teacher Writes An Open Letter To WAEC Over Results by sunnyluger: 8:43pm On Aug 08, 2016
Maybe that was the day a WAEC official came to your school and the candidates could not cheat. WAEC don't owe you explanation in such. Teach them to be independent next time.
Re: Teacher Writes An Open Letter To WAEC Over Results by xtophy(m): 10:23pm On Aug 08, 2016
echelons:

Gained admission with NECO... My WAEC was a beauty without that Chemistry - 4A 4B 1D7
i swear to God, my result is similar to urs. i had D7 in my chemistry too. tho, i am presently in 500l bt I still feel like writing waec again, so as to hv all my papers cleared. pls, dont yab me oo. Advice me, shld i write it or forge ahead wif my Neco
Re: Teacher Writes An Open Letter To WAEC Over Results by psucc(m): 7:16am On Aug 09, 2016
femi4:
That's not possible..... The brilliant ones don't cheat and I believe that at least 10 of them will be at the centre
You're only assuming whereas I am saying it outta experience.
Re: Teacher Writes An Open Letter To WAEC Over Results by femi4: 7:20am On Aug 09, 2016
psucc:
You're only assuming whereas I am saying it outta experience.

I m not assuming, its based on my experience as an examiner
Re: Teacher Writes An Open Letter To WAEC Over Results by jaywhoco(m): 9:00am On Aug 09, 2016
Mendelistickmend:
Mtcheew....am still trying to reach the idiot that marked the literatute of my school....can you imagine all of us were give E8....maybe he/she will mark one and use that one and gives scores to others...if i fail literature in Neco...none of the person's child will ever make Waec is his/her life....Waec(Wayo and edutainment centre)
now we know why you got E8
Re: Teacher Writes An Open Letter To WAEC Over Results by Akinaukwa: 6:17pm On Aug 09, 2016
The teacher is totally wrong. I was supervised a WAEC examination where a teacher in the school was solving questions on Agriculture and Mathematics on the board for the students. At the end, one of the students walked up to me and told me that all the teacher wrote on the board was wrong and true to his words, when the result was released i can say all of them except this student who refused to tow the step, failed their papers in Agricultural Science and Mathematics. WAEC may have its flaws but the students and the schools have the greater flaws.
Re: Teacher Writes An Open Letter To WAEC Over Results by ibolomo(m): 1:22am On Aug 12, 2016
mickey45:

i meant the registration, not marking
Re: Teacher Writes An Open Letter To WAEC Over Results by donbenedict(m): 10:42pm On Sep 08, 2016
MzEspoir:

last year I got D7 in literature and that was the best result in the school. when I wrote GCE in 2014 I had a C, even though I wasnt offering literature then. wrote neck and had a B. so waec isn't as transparent as we've been led to believe
hi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Uzodimma Seals Okorocha’s Eastern Palm University, 24 Hours To Matriculation / Babcock University Student Commits Suicide / Outcry As University Of Uyo SUG Vice President Appoints 20 Special Advisers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.