Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:58 AM

Let’s Go Anticlockwise With Our Children - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Let’s Go Anticlockwise With Our Children (334 Views)

How To Protect Our Children From Pedophiles / She Ran With Our Children Birth Certificate Should I Be Worried? / 6 Things Married Couples Always Let Go Of To Remain Happy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Let’s Go Anticlockwise With Our Children by auogbet: 1:33pm On Aug 08, 2016
There’s an African proverb that says “It takes an entire village to raise a child. This phenomenon is very true in traditional African society and it is indeed achievable in modern African life as well. When I was growing up in the early seventies I saw every older male as an elder brother, uncle or father figure. Every older female was an elder sisiter, auntie or mother figure. If I transgressed in any way any of these older people would chastise or reprimand me irrespective of whether I am biologically related to them or not. The same happened when I was endangered and needed protection. They either rallied round themselves or singlehandedly offered to help....

PLEASE CLICK HERE TO SEE REST OF ARTICLE: http://www.bigtony.net/lets-go-anticlockwise-with-our-children/

(1) (Reply)

7 Ways Parents Can Encourage Their Children / After The Bout Henderson Confirmed / #happygalaxymoment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.