Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,797 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:42 PM

"I Will Fight Nigeria And The Whole World" - Shekau Boasts In New Video - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "I Will Fight Nigeria And The Whole World" - Shekau Boasts In New Video (30408 Views)

Dino Melaye To FG: "I Will Fight You With My Last Drop Of Blood" / Nnamdi Kanu Solicit For Guns To Fight Nigeria At World Igbo Congress / I’ll Fight Nigeria, Whole World, Boko Haram’s Shekau Boasts In New Video Read M (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

"I Will Fight Nigeria And The Whole World" - Shekau Boasts In New Video by ukomko: 3:22pm On Aug 08, 2016
Boko Haram’s shadowy leader Abubakar Shekau has appeared in a new video vowing to fight on, shrugging off an apparent split in the hardline jihadist group blamed for thousands of deaths since 2009.

This screengrab taken on August 8, 2016 from a Boko Haram video released by the Nigerian Islamist extremist group Boko Haram and obtained by AFP.

“I… Abubakar Ash-Shakawy (Shekau), the leader of Jama’atu Ahlissunnah Lidda’awati Wal Jihad, made it a duty for myself (to fight) Nigeria and the whole world,” Shekau said in the video released on Sunday, using the group’s name since it declared allegiance to the so-called Islamic State.

Last week, Shekau said in an audio message he was still head of the group despite his purported replacement by Sheikh Abu Musab al-Barnawi, a former Boko Haram spokesman.

“We have no desire to fight our Muslim brethren,” Shekau, who last appeared in March, said in the 24-minute video.

Shekau ridiculed suggestions that he was dead, and looked more composed and energetic than in previous appearances.

“I’m alive by the permission of Allah,” he said in his speech in Arabic and Hausa, adding that he would only die when his time came.

In the video he is wearing camouflage gear and holding a machine gun, standing between two Islamist fighters in balaclavas armed with rocket-propelled grenade launchers.

He taunted President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration and condemned Western countries including the United States, France, Germany and “the tyrants of the United Nonsense (UN)”.

At the end of his speech — apparently filmed in Boko Haram’s stronghold in the Sambisa forest of northeastern Nigeria — he fired off rounds of ammunition into the air.

His absence in recent months had sparked speculation about his fate and whether he had been deposed as Boko Haram’s chief.

Barnawi’s appointment was contained in a magazine issued by the Islamic State group, to which Boko Haram pledged allegiance in March last year.

Shekau dismissed Barnawi as an infidel who condoned living in an un-Islamic society without waging jihad.

Shekau became leader after Nigerian security forces killed the group’s founding chief Mohammed Yusuf in 2009.

Omar Mahmood, a security analyst with US-based Foreign Policy Research Institute who has spent the past five years researching Boko Haram, said Shekau was removed because of his highhandness and ruthlessness.

“One thing that has remained constant, however, is the focus on attacks against regional security forces, with Muslim civilian deaths still ignored. This aspect seems to be a key concern for IS propagandists,” Mahmood said.

“By contrast, Abu Musab al-Barnawi, the man announced as the new leader, clearly stated in his al-Naba interview that attacks against Muslim civilians, mosques and markets will not be a staple of his leadership.”

Sources close to Boko Haram said Barnawi, aged in his early twenties, is none other than Habib Yusuf, the eldest son of group founder Yusuf.

They said he was put under Shekau’s care following the death of his father, but the pair fell out over ideological and operational differences.

Boko Haram has been blamed for some 20,000 deaths and displacing more than 2.6 million people since it launched a brutal insurgency in Nigeria in 2009.

Nigerian forces, with the support of regional troops, have recaptured swathes of territory lost to the jihadists since they launched a military campaign in February 2014.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/08/ill-fight-nigeria-whole-world-boko-harams-shekau-boasts-new-video/

Re: "I Will Fight Nigeria And The Whole World" - Shekau Boasts In New Video by Nobody: 3:43pm On Aug 08, 2016
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/08/ill-fight-nigeria-whole-world-boko-harams-shekau-boasts-new-video/

Its obvious APC have been able to deter journalists from reporting recent Boko Haram attacks.

The only recently reported attack was on UN humanitarian convoy, so they couldn't stop it from going viral.

Trailblazer1:
My prayer points are simple:

1. May all who support the injustices perpetuated by Buhari and his goons, may they be a victim of injustice undecided

2. May all who supported and are still in support of the dullard, suffer more than any other Nigerian

62 Likes 7 Shares

Re: "I Will Fight Nigeria And The Whole World" - Shekau Boasts In New Video by thesicilian: 3:45pm On Aug 08, 2016
Even Hitler could not fight the whole world. His doom is near

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "I Will Fight Nigeria And The Whole World" - Shekau Boasts In New Video by Trailblazer1(m): 3:47pm On Aug 08, 2016
Let him start quickly, i hate delays undecided

24 Likes

Re: "I Will Fight Nigeria And The Whole World" - Shekau Boasts In New Video by SweetyZinta(f): 3:51pm On Aug 08, 2016
of all news is shekau's threat that this op is taking seriously? please oga seun include book haram news carriers among people who should be banned. we don't care about them.

7 Likes

Re: "I Will Fight Nigeria And The Whole World" - Shekau Boasts In New Video by SweetyZinta(f): 3:52pm On Aug 08, 2016
Trailblazer1:
Let him start quickly, i hate delays undecided

shocked shocked shocked cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: "I Will Fight Nigeria And The Whole World" - Shekau Boasts In New Video by sleekbae: 4:10pm On Aug 08, 2016
oo
Re: "I Will Fight Nigeria And The Whole World" - Shekau Boasts In New Video by prospero5(m): 4:25pm On Aug 08, 2016
what kind of camera did they use?

but I wonder how our security intelligence works that this guy can't be tracked through his use of phones and the internet

7 Likes

Re: "I Will Fight Nigeria And The Whole World" - Shekau Boasts In New Video by Sunnycliff(m): 5:49pm On Aug 08, 2016
Thunder that will finish you and your ashes if dead or alive is rehearsing from the Temple of the Allah you are fighting for!

6 Likes

Re: "I Will Fight Nigeria And The Whole World" - Shekau Boasts In New Video by MrImole: 5:50pm On Aug 08, 2016
Heresy!
Re: "I Will Fight Nigeria And The Whole World" - Shekau Boasts In New Video by Erotex(m): 5:51pm On Aug 08, 2016
Taaa! U are a joker ~Nwa_Nsukka

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Will Fight Nigeria And The Whole World" - Shekau Boasts In New Video by ccollins(m): 5:51pm On Aug 08, 2016
this is getting weirder

2 Likes

Re: "I Will Fight Nigeria And The Whole World" - Shekau Boasts In New Video by israel2563(m): 5:51pm On Aug 08, 2016
You want to fight the whole world

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Will Fight Nigeria And The Whole World" - Shekau Boasts In New Video by Nobody: 5:51pm On Aug 08, 2016
Y hiding then? He should come out and fight like a man not doing hide and seek. He should just do parades with his boys then Nigerian army will arrange a battle field environment for his boys and NDA. They will watch it with kin interest and determine the winner and let the Nigerians rest from their treats. Abi na lie I talk? grin

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Will Fight Nigeria And The Whole World" - Shekau Boasts In New Video by Adehorlu: 5:52pm On Aug 08, 2016
the guy is stupid, may the Lord punish you

4 Likes

Re: "I Will Fight Nigeria And The Whole World" - Shekau Boasts In New Video by Pylony(m): 5:52pm On Aug 08, 2016
You'll die trying this time around, meat head.

2 Likes

Re: "I Will Fight Nigeria And The Whole World" - Shekau Boasts In New Video by brostheo(m): 5:52pm On Aug 08, 2016
bokoharam this,bokoharam..let them just let them kill everyone let's us all go and rest and peace,isn't that what they have always wanted! Nigeria matter tire me.wised I fit run go federal republic of Biafra now
Re: "I Will Fight Nigeria And The Whole World" - Shekau Boasts In New Video by progress69: 5:52pm On Aug 08, 2016
blueto:

Its obvious APC have been able to deter journalists from reporting recent Boko Haram attacks.

Stop this folly. Is APC also gagging international media. They are very good in reporting even many times before our local media.
It is difficult to gag the press in a military government not to talk of a democratic one. Below is my comment to another troll like u on another thread

Lol. You know why i like the internet? Its a place to live in self deceit, display ignorance, and do the lame chest beating.
International and local media have report tremendous progress in dealing with BH. Major roads are now being opened in Borno, vilagers are going back to their villages, a live match was played in a stadium in Borno, children are going back to sch just like we see in chibok? It is difficult for the military govt to gag the media, not to talk of a civilian govt

19 Likes

Re: "I Will Fight Nigeria And The Whole World" - Shekau Boasts In New Video by kennyman2000(m): 5:52pm On Aug 08, 2016
Ohhh boy

1 Like

Re: "I Will Fight Nigeria And The Whole World" - Shekau Boasts In New Video by Nobody: 5:52pm On Aug 08, 2016
prospero5:
what kind of camera did they use?

but I wonder how our security intelligence works that this guy can't be tracked through his use of phones and the internet

Nigeria wey no get chill.
Re: "I Will Fight Nigeria And The Whole World" - Shekau Boasts In New Video by Koko88(m): 5:52pm On Aug 08, 2016
The guy dey form nine lives... no worries, your cup go soon full

6 Likes

Re: "I Will Fight Nigeria And The Whole World" - Shekau Boasts In New Video by Nobody: 5:53pm On Aug 08, 2016
Shecow don smoke unadulterated Sambisa weed again sad sad sad

7 Likes

Re: "I Will Fight Nigeria And The Whole World" - Shekau Boasts In New Video by AuwalInyass: 5:53pm On Aug 08, 2016
I blame you guys for helping this dog to share his barks

2 Likes

Re: "I Will Fight Nigeria And The Whole World" - Shekau Boasts In New Video by Ohaneche(m): 5:53pm On Aug 08, 2016
He needs some diet.
Re: "I Will Fight Nigeria And The Whole World" - Shekau Boasts In New Video by ooshinibos: 5:54pm On Aug 08, 2016
I thought buhari said he has defeated this man

12 Likes

Re: "I Will Fight Nigeria And The Whole World" - Shekau Boasts In New Video by ajepako(f): 5:54pm On Aug 08, 2016
What is this again?

l thought this asinwin oba werey has been killed? repeatedly?

Who is telling the truth for fuuuckk sake? Boko Haram or Nigeria Army?

Anyway GOD will protect HIS beloved.....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Will Fight Nigeria And The Whole World" - Shekau Boasts In New Video by Oceemo(m): 5:54pm On Aug 08, 2016
Stop making videos and bring d fight on. This time u will not be Lucky.

3 Likes

Re: "I Will Fight Nigeria And The Whole World" - Shekau Boasts In New Video by NaijaMutant(f): 5:54pm On Aug 08, 2016
shekau is seemingly looking for sympathy after he has been deposed of his leadership.

i hereby support shekau to fight the whole world

1 Like

Re: "I Will Fight Nigeria And The Whole World" - Shekau Boasts In New Video by Millz404(m): 5:54pm On Aug 08, 2016
Too tired to be bothered about dis shiiiiiit

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sex For Food Rocks IDPs Camps, Female IDPs Offer Camp Officials Sex – NOI Polls / The Dickson Quadruplets: Alexander, Alaere, Ebierewarisuode And Edimere (Photos) / President Buhari At Fatima Ganduje & Abolaji Ajimobi's Wedding: Nigerians React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.