Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,304 members, 7,780,717 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:23 PM

PDP Chairmanship: Adeniran Picks Form, Restates Commitment To Reposition The Par - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Chairmanship: Adeniran Picks Form, Restates Commitment To Reposition The Par (6609 Views)

PDP Chairmanship: Tunde Adeniran Is Consensus Candidate For South-West / PDP Chairmanship: Don't Blame Wike Or Secondus - Okupe Tells Bode George, Others / Osita Chidoka Picks Form For Anambra Governorship Elections - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Chairmanship: Adeniran Picks Form, Restates Commitment To Reposition The Par by Adesinaayo: 4:36pm On Aug 08, 2016
As part of the final efforts to emerge as the national chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) at next week’s national convention of the party, former Minister of Education, Prof. Tunde Adeniran on Monday picked his nomination form at the party’s national secretariat in Abuja.

Speaking after the event, the former Ambassador to Germany said his commitment to reposition the party towards greatness and redirect it in actualising the dreams of the founding fathers informed his decision to seek the mandate of the delegates to the national convention.

He stated: “I want to assure all our party members and Nigerians at large that my venture into the chairmanship position of our great party has no other motive than to reposition, rebrand and put the party on the path of greatness. As a founding member, who has remained with the party in thick and thin and served in various frontline capacities, I possess the fortitude and experience to help the party achieve its objectives.”

The Professor of Political Science who picked the nomination form in the presence of party stakeholders and prominent stalwarts, including Hon. Oke Olusola Babatunde from Ekiti State, Hon Oluwole Oke from Kwara State, Engr. Chinedum Ekeh from Abia State, and Hon. Temitope Atte from Kogi State, urged the delegates and leaders of the party to entrust him with the responsibility of being the National Chairman in order to ensure its rebirth and the enthronement of good governance in the country.

He said: “At this crucial period of our party and national polity, we need someone who has genuine interest of the party and is acceptable across boards; someone that has no integrity issue. I believe our delegates will appreciate the great need of the party for the personality I represent.”

Prof Adeniran was Minister of Education from June 1989 to January 2001, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Federal Republic of Germany between May 2004 and January 2007, Chairman of the Governing Board of the Universal Basic Education Commission (UBEC) between 2009 and 2011, and Chairman and Director of the Directorate for Social Mobilisation (MAMSER) from 1987 to 1992.

https://m.thenigerianvoice.com/news/225073/pdp-chairmanship-adeniran-picks-form-restates-commitment-t.html

Re: PDP Chairmanship: Adeniran Picks Form, Restates Commitment To Reposition The Par by Oche211(m): 4:43pm On Aug 08, 2016
PDP of confusion....
We are watching sha.
However, i suggest they just put up the party for sale on OLX. Just sell it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Chairmanship: Adeniran Picks Form, Restates Commitment To Reposition The Par by ziky2010(m): 9:02am On Aug 09, 2016
Interesting
Re: PDP Chairmanship: Adeniran Picks Form, Restates Commitment To Reposition The Par by MadCow1: 9:02am On Aug 09, 2016
Who sold him the Ticket? Sheriff or Markarfi a.k.a Al-Banawi.. angry

1 Like

Re: PDP Chairmanship: Adeniran Picks Form, Restates Commitment To Reposition The Par by freshness2020: 9:03am On Aug 09, 2016
Nice...
Re: PDP Chairmanship: Adeniran Picks Form, Restates Commitment To Reposition The Par by kenbee(f): 9:07am On Aug 09, 2016
How are we going to solve this puzzle? Dokpesi have put in enough to PDP growth and is more favoured to win but the position has been zoned to SW. Disrupting the zoning formula may cast dome on the already dwindling PDP.
Re: PDP Chairmanship: Adeniran Picks Form, Restates Commitment To Reposition The Par by Rayman5(m): 9:08am On Aug 09, 2016
He has served d nation well in his time....HE should relax Let sme1 younger pick up d form

1 Like

Re: PDP Chairmanship: Adeniran Picks Form, Restates Commitment To Reposition The Par by ItuExchange(m): 9:08am On Aug 09, 2016
I might as well, pick a nomination form soon. I'll go to see a Fee-D-Fee chieftain in my area and ask him how to go about this.

Neteller here: .com.ng
Re: PDP Chairmanship: Adeniran Picks Form, Restates Commitment To Reposition The Par by ANBAKO: 9:09am On Aug 09, 2016
All these professors that suppose to use their knowledge better the life of the masses instead they are looking for short cut to get rich through politics.

Adeniran is a perpetual looser...He has tried so many times to become governor in Ekiti state but to no avail.
Thank God he was hand picked as minister by OBJ.

He will loose again!!!
Re: PDP Chairmanship: Adeniran Picks Form, Restates Commitment To Reposition The Par by Goroz: 9:10am On Aug 09, 2016
Unfortunately, Bode George will win over competent people like this
Re: PDP Chairmanship: Adeniran Picks Form, Restates Commitment To Reposition The Par by Oloniyan(m): 9:14am On Aug 09, 2016
Re: PDP Chairmanship: Adeniran Picks Form, Restates Commitment To Reposition The Par by pedrilo: 9:17am On Aug 09, 2016
PDP should forget my support if they make that ex-convict from Lagos the party chairman.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Chairmanship: Adeniran Picks Form, Restates Commitment To Reposition The Par by Yalakalibari007: 9:18am On Aug 09, 2016
All ov dem good, buh I doubt merit will play out during the process.
Re: PDP Chairmanship: Adeniran Picks Form, Restates Commitment To Reposition The Par by Exponental(m): 9:23am On Aug 09, 2016
MadCow1:
Who sold him the Ticket? Sheriff or Markarfi a.k.a Al-Banawi.. angry
abi ooo
Re: PDP Chairmanship: Adeniran Picks Form, Restates Commitment To Reposition The Par by seguno2: 9:27am On Aug 09, 2016
If PDP does not want to be a DEAD party as our former president Obasanjo desires then it should ensure that no one with plenty of corruption baggage like Tewonde George and Dokpesi are its public face.
Half a word should be enough for the wise.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Chairmanship: Adeniran Picks Form, Restates Commitment To Reposition The Par by Josmila(m): 9:39am On Aug 09, 2016
PDP ruined this country for 16 years, the current crises rocking the party should sink them undecided
Re: PDP Chairmanship: Adeniran Picks Form, Restates Commitment To Reposition The Par by stano2(m): 9:40am On Aug 09, 2016
Ok.. .better
Re: PDP Chairmanship: Adeniran Picks Form, Restates Commitment To Reposition The Par by freshvine(f): 9:43am On Aug 09, 2016
A vibrant PDP chairman from the South West will be better than the redundant slowpoke of APC Vice Presidency in the national polity
Re: PDP Chairmanship: Adeniran Picks Form, Restates Commitment To Reposition The Par by bashydemy1: 10:18am On Aug 09, 2016
Lol PDP is making cool cash from it's member,. Please how much be the form i wan buy.
Re: PDP Chairmanship: Adeniran Picks Form, Restates Commitment To Reposition The Par by MrImole: 10:55am On Aug 09, 2016
Mtchew
Re: PDP Chairmanship: Adeniran Picks Form, Restates Commitment To Reposition The Par by MrImole: 10:59am On Aug 09, 2016
We're from the same local government, he's never made any contribution positively to the development of our people and our party at large, no one knows him at ward, local government and state level. He is active only at Abuja...

So,

Ko le work....
Re: PDP Chairmanship: Adeniran Picks Form, Restates Commitment To Reposition The Par by MrImole: 11:04am On Aug 09, 2016
Am I the only one that thinks of Nairaland as home?

What's wrong with our home? Are people dumping this site for something else?

Do something Oluwaseun Hezekiah Osewa...
Re: PDP Chairmanship: Adeniran Picks Form, Restates Commitment To Reposition The Par by christejames(m): 11:20am On Aug 09, 2016
I support Jimi Agbaje for the chair of PDP
Re: PDP Chairmanship: Adeniran Picks Form, Restates Commitment To Reposition The Par by Akin0: 11:54am On Aug 09, 2016
I will be surprised if PDP make Bode George or AIT Chairman their Chairman. This two people hands are already soiled. They should look for a credible candidate, though am not too sure of Prof Adeniran. But it seems to still be clean , among all the people that have indicated interest in the chairmanship
Re: PDP Chairmanship: Adeniran Picks Form, Restates Commitment To Reposition The Par by merry02(m): 4:08pm On Aug 09, 2016
you have not said anything
Oche211:
PDP of confusion....
We are watching sha.
However, i suggest they just put up the party for sale on OLX. Just sell it.
Re: PDP Chairmanship: Adeniran Picks Form, Restates Commitment To Reposition The Par by Oloniyan(m): 6:25pm On Aug 09, 2016
MrImole:
We're from the same local government, he's never made any contribution positively to the development of our people and our party at large, no one knows him at ward, local government and state level. He is active only at Abuja...

So,

Ko le work....

Which town from Ido/osi are you from?
Re: PDP Chairmanship: Adeniran Picks Form, Restates Commitment To Reposition The Par by dotedote: 7:24am On Aug 10, 2016
What significant efforts has Dokpesi other thann the Arm's money he collected from? You now compare him to this man? Whatever credibility means to you. [color=#000099][/color]
kenbee:
How are we going to solve this puzzle? Dokpesi have put in enough to PDP growth and is more favoured to win but the position has been zoned to SW. Disrupting the zoning formula may cast dome on the already dwindling PDP.
Re: PDP Chairmanship: Adeniran Picks Form, Restates Commitment To Reposition The Par by MrImole: 2:04pm On Aug 10, 2016
Oloniyan:

Which town from Ido/osi are you from?
Ido-Ekiti, you?
Re: PDP Chairmanship: Adeniran Picks Form, Restates Commitment To Reposition The Par by Oloniyan(m): 2:34pm On Aug 10, 2016
MrImole:

Ido-Ekiti, you?

Same town as PTA. Guess you are not that close to Ido/Osi cos if you are you should know better that he is also a grassroots politician.
Re: PDP Chairmanship: Adeniran Picks Form, Restates Commitment To Reposition The Par by MrImole: 3:13pm On Aug 10, 2016
Oloniyan:

Same town as PTA. Guess you are not that close to Ido/Osi cos if you are you should know better that he is also a grassroots politician.

What's PTA?

Oh! Professor Tunde Adeniran? (modified)

I'm very close and I'm sure he's not a grassroot politician. He has no home support, except maybe people from his home town in Òrìn Ekiti. I do attend PDP meetings at wards level, I know what I'm talking about. Have you ever wondered why professor Babalola Borisade is more successful?
Re: PDP Chairmanship: Adeniran Picks Form, Restates Commitment To Reposition The Par by Oloniyan(m): 9:44pm On Aug 10, 2016
MrImole:

What's PTA?

Oh! Professor Tunde Adeniran? (modified)

I'm very close and I'm sure he's not a grassroot politician. He has no home support, except maybe people from his home town in Òrìn Ekiti. I do attend PDP meetings at wards level, I know what I'm talking about. Have you ever wondered why professor Babalola Borisade is more successful?

What has Boris done? Other than installed transformers and technical school in his home town of Ushi? How many human empowerment has he done? How many structural developmental implementations has he carried out? I know what I'm talking about too! PTA is never and will never be a spending politician (if you will understand me), he believes in due process and always stands by it! I can say of many people working now in UBE NUC and also in Germany and France because of PTA. Many schools were built during his tenure as UBE chairman and as minister of Education. So tell me how PTA is not a grass-roots politician

(1) (Reply)

Behold! Picture Of The Masked DSS Operative Unmasked / Abandoned Apartments In Lagos Taken Over By Aliens / Saudi Agrees To Accept Deported Pilgrims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.