Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,678 members, 7,801,955 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:53 AM

What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders (55779 Views)

Ramadan Reminders!!! / Healthy Way To Improve Your Voice During Quran Recitation / General Discussion Thread - Islamic Questions, Suggestions & Reminders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 8:52pm On Aug 12, 2016
gaffig:
Alhamdulilahi Alhamdulilahi I was overwhelmed with distinguish naseehat,may Allah accept it as an act of ibadah please mention me in topics that are uplifting like this.. Salaam alaeykum warahmatullahi

Salaam bro, what year did you graduate from math department unilorin if u don't mind me asking...... I'm currently a student in that same department....
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by azezola(m): 2:46am On Aug 13, 2016
Jzk
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 6:40am On Aug 13, 2016
HOW INSIGNIFICANT WERE WE?

"From what was he created?

Of a small seed; He created him, then He made him according to a measure"
{Quran80:18-19}

And

"Has there [not] come upon man a period of time when he was not a thing [even] mentioned?

Indeed, We created man from a spérm-drop mixture that We may try him; and We made him hearing and seeing."
{Quran76:1-2}

In the first part Allaah is asking, if we know how insignificant we were, HE goes on to tell us the insignificant thing we were created from, HE the most gracious mentions the thing as A SMALL SEED, SubhanAllaah how insignificant is this? Very insignificant!

In The second part, HE is asking, do you even know that you were once something not WORTHY TO BE MENTIONED , you were not known, you were inexistent, then later on you were created from A SPÈRM-DROP(A SMALL SEED)......

Servants of Allaah, such is HIS mercy, all we can do is to be grateful to Allaah, that's all HE needs, to be grateful we have to worship HIM as HE is to be worshipped, and if you refuse to be grateful, it doesnt affect him in anyway, think of Sahara desert, then pick a particular drop of sand, now compare that to the whole desert, thats how insignificant you are worship HIM or not, ofcourse that example does not fit with HIS MAJESTY, but it brings the idea close, billions of angels worship HIM daily, so you are on the losing side, really! May Allaah make it easy for us, and May Allaah take us away from the punishment of hell – Ameen.

1 Like

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 11:22am On Aug 13, 2016
How many of us did sujood ashukur at least once this week??
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Newnas(m): 3:02pm On Aug 13, 2016
Surah Ash-Shuara, Verse 205-207
أَفَرَأَيْتَ إِن مَّتَّعْنَاهُمْ سِنِينَ

Tell Me, if We do let them enjoy for years,

ثُمَّ جَاءَهُم مَّا كَانُوا يُوعَدُونَ

And afterwards comes to them that (punishment) which they had been promised!

مَا أَغْنَىٰ عَنْهُم مَّا كَانُوا يُمَتَّعُونَ

All that with which they used to enjoy shall not avail them.
(English - Mohsin Khan)

via iQuran

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 4:54pm On Aug 13, 2016
It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The strong believer is better and more beloved to Allaah than the weak believer, although both are good. Strive to do that which will benefit you and seek the help of Allaah. Do not feel helpless and if anything befalls you, do not say ‘If only I had done such and such.’ Rather say, ‘Qadar Allaah wa ma sha’a kaan (The decree of Allaah and whatever He wills happens).’ For (the words) ‘If only’ open the door to the Shaytaan.”

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 4:55pm On Aug 13, 2016
It was narrated from Mu’aadh ibn ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Khubayb from his father that his paternal uncle said: “We were sitting in a gathering when the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) came, with traces of water on his head. One of us said, ‘We see that you appear to be in high spirits today.’ He said, ‘Yes, praise be to Allaah.’ Then the people spoke about riches. He said, ‘There is nothing wrong with riches for one who fears Allaah, but good health is better for one who fears Allaah than riches, and being in good spirits is a blessing.’”

Narrated by Ibn Maajah, 2141; Ahmad, 22076. This hadeeth was classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Ibn Maajah, no. 1741

Just a quick reminder that we should take care of our health.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 5:17pm On Aug 13, 2016
The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "Faith (Belief) consists of more than sixty branches (i.e. parts). And Haya (This term "Haya" covers a large number of concepts which are to be taken together; amongst them are self respect, modesty, bashfulness, and scruple, etc.) is a part of faith."

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Demmzy15(m): 5:44pm On Aug 13, 2016
smiley

1 Like

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 3:55am On Aug 14, 2016
Surah Ya-sin 48-54

And they say, "When is this promise (ie resurrection), if you should be truthful?"

They do not await except one blast which will seize them while they are disputing.

And they will not be able [to give] any instruction, nor to their people can they return.

And the Horn will be blown; and at once from the graves to their Lord they will hasten.

They will say, "O woe to us! Who has raised us up from our sleeping place?" [The reply will be], "This is what the Most Merciful had promised, and the messengers told the truth."

It will not be but one blast, and at once they are all brought present before Us.

So today no soul will be wronged at all, and you will not be recompensed except for what you used to do.

3 Likes

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 3:56am On Aug 14, 2016

1 Like

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 4:00am On Aug 14, 2016
Salam alaikum gaffig

There has been a few more posts added to the thread.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 10:50am On Aug 14, 2016
It was narrated that Umm Salamah (may Allaah be pleased with her) said: I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say:

"There is no Muslim who is stricken with a calamity and says what Allaah has enjoined -

'Verily to Allaah we belong and unto Him is our return. O Allaah, reward me for my affliction and compensate me with something better' ('Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi raji'un. Allahumma ujurni fi musibati, wakhluf li khairan minha )- but Allaah will compensate him with something better."Umm Salamah (May Allah be pleased with her) said: When Abu Salamah (May Allah be pleased with him) died, I repeated the same supplication as the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu 'alaihi wa sallam) had commanded me (to do). So Allah bestowed upon me a better substitute than him (i.e I was married to Muhammad, the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu 'alaihi wa sallam)).

[Sahih Muslim 918]

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by AideeSheks(m): 6:48am On Aug 15, 2016
lexiconkabir:
How many of us did sujood ashukur at least once this week??
Asalam alaykum brother. Please, can u enlighten me a bit on how this is done?
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 7:36am On Aug 15, 2016
Salam alaikum AideeSheks

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: “Sujood al-shukr is done in response to a calamity that is averted or a blessing which come to a person. It is like sujood al-tilaawah outside prayer. Some of the scholars said that wudoo’ and takbeer is required, and some said that only the first takbeer is required. Then he should fall down in prostration, and make du’aa’ after saying “Subhaana Rabbiy al-A’laa (Glory be to my Lord Most High).”

https://islamqa.info/en/21888

2 Likes

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 7:44am On Aug 15, 2016
AideeSheks:

Asalam alaykum brother. Please, can u enlighten me a bit on how this is done?

Wa alaykum salaam,

Just as the name implies, sujud ashukur, the sujud done for gratitude, this is a sunnah of the prophet salallaahu `alayhi wa salam, no just a sunnah but a sunnah done often, now this is very easy to do, whenever something good happen to you, you do sujud ashukur, you just do takbeer and go down for sujood then say subhana rabi ala`laa, it can be done even without wudhu.

When i say something good, I'm not saying wait till when you are being gifted 1million naira or you have A parallel in your result or something similar, every day you live something good happens to you, the air you breathe, your healthiness, your food, the water and so on are worth doing this sujud for.

If you keep up this sunnah, it will be good for Allaah like the thankful ones.

AND ALLAAH KNOWS BEST.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 7:46am On Aug 15, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Wa alaykum salaam,

Just as the name implies, sujid ashukur, the sujud done for gratitude, this is a sunnah of the prophet salallaahu `alayhi wa salam, no just a sunnah but a sunnah done often, now this is very easy to do, whenever something good happen to you, you do sujud ashukur, you just do takbeer and go down for sujood then say subhana rabi ala`laa, can be done even without wudhu.

When i say something good, I'm not saying wait till when you are being gifted 1million naira or you have A parallel in your result or something similar, every day you live something good happens to you, the air you breathe, you healthiness, your food, the water and so on are worth doing this sujud for.

If you keep up this sunnah, it will be good for Allaah like the thankful ones.

AND ALLAAH KNOWS BEST.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 7:53am On Aug 15, 2016
[quote author=Contact17 post=48491915][/quote]

Na'am a problem with that?
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 7:56am On Aug 15, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Na'am a problem with that?

Nope just highlighting it because it's true and I can relate.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 8:00am On Aug 15, 2016
Contact17:

Nope just highlighting it because it's true and I can relate.

Oh!
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 9:18am On Aug 15, 2016
Who has read and reflected on the book of Allaah today?

1 Like

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by AideeSheks(m): 9:28am On Aug 15, 2016
Jazakumullahu khairan
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 4:09am On Aug 16, 2016
The prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Two words which are light on the tongue and heavy in the Balance, and beloved to the Most Merciful: Subhaana Allaah wa bihamdih, subhaan Allaah il-‘Azeem (Glory and praise be to Allaah, glory be to Allaah the Almighty).” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 6682; Muslim, 2694.

And he (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever says ‘Subhaan Allaah il-‘Azeem wa bi hamdih (Glory and praise be to Allaah the Almighty),’ a palm tree will be planted for him in Paradise.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 3465; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.

And he (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever says ‘Astaghfir Allaah ul-‘azeem alladhi laa ilaaha illa huwa al-hayy ul-qayyoom wa atoobu ilayh (I seek the forgiveness of Allaah the Almighty, beside Whom there is no other god, and I repent to Him),’ will be forgiven even if he fled from the battlefield.” Narrated by Abu Dawood, 1517; al-Tirmidhi, 3277’ classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 4:34am On Aug 16, 2016
Surah Al- Hadid verse 16

Has the time not come for those who have believed that their hearts should become humbly submissive at the remembrance of Allah and what has come down of the truth? And let them not be like those who were given the Scripture before, and a long period passed over them, so their hearts hardened; and many of them are defiantly disobedient.

2 Likes

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 9:37am On Aug 16, 2016
Who observed tahajjud overnight?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 6:59pm On Aug 16, 2016
Evil Thoughts While Performing Wudhu

The Messenger of Allaah (may Allaah bless him and grant him peace) said that, “There is a Shaytan specified for ablution whose name is ‘Walhaan’. Ask Allaah (The Exalted) for protection from it.” (Mukashifatul Quloob)

This Shaytan creates many doubts in a person’s mind, for instance whilst performing ablution he puts doubts such as, ‘You forgot to wash a part, ‘You only washed this part twice and not three times’. In the same way he puts doubts in a person’s mind who already has ablution, ‘that you have broken your ablution, A lot of the time has passed how can you keep wudhu for this long etc.’ Do not pay attention to this type of evil thought.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 9:39am On Aug 17, 2016
Verily in the remembrance of allah do the hearts find rest.

1 Like

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 9:45am On Aug 18, 2016
The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade praying against one’s children, one’s wealth and one’s own self, lest that be at a time when du’aas are answered. He (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Do not pray against yourselves, do not pray against your children, do not pray against your wealth, lest that coincides with a time when Allaah is asked and He gives, so He answers your prayer.” Narrated by Muslim (3014).

1 Like

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 9:46am On Aug 18, 2016
The parent’s du’aa’ for or against his child is answered. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Three prayers are undoubtedly answered: the prayer of one who is wronged, the prayer of the traveller and the prayer of a father for his child.” Narrated by Ibn Maajah (3862); classed as saheeh (authentic) by al-Albaani in Silsilat al-Ahaadeeth al-Saheehah (596). The version narrated by Imam Ahmad says: “the prayer of a father against his child.”

1 Like

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 11:19am On Aug 18, 2016
The prophet(pbuh) said "beware of suspicion, for verily suspicion, has the highest degree of falsehoodness"

Also;

"One of you is not yet a muslim, until he loves for his brother what he loves for his soul(himself)"

And;

"Modesty is part of eemaan".

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 12:40pm On Aug 18, 2016
How many of us fast on Mondays and Thursdays?

It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Deeds are shown (to Allaah) on Mondays and Thursdays, and I like my deeds to be shown when I am fasting.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 747; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Targheeb, 1041.

1 Like

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 1:48pm On Aug 19, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeUFiloQh8c

short 3 minute video.

gaffig

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (46) (Reply)

Two Nigerian Women "Dabbing" In Mecca Blasted. See Photo / Nigerian Pilgrim, Aisha Ahmed, Dies In Saudi Arabia (Photos) / Igbo Woman Proud To Convert To Islam: Says "Islam Has Come To Stay In Igboland"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.