Stats: 3,148,499 members, 7,801,306 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:36 PM

9 Simple Steps To Win The Heart Of Your Potential Employer - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 9 Simple Steps To Win The Heart Of Your Potential Employer (12714 Views)

Man Going For Interview Speaks Rudely To Prospective Employer Inside KEKE NAPEP / The Second Largest Employer Of Labour In Lagos State / If A Prospective Employer Sends This Kind Of Mail, What Does It Mean? (2) (3) (4)

9 Simple Steps To Win The Heart Of Your Potential Employer by 9jalatestnews(m): 6:53pm On Aug 08, 2016
Are you seeking for a Job, How prepared are you for your next Job Interview, remember it is your one time opportunity to prove yourself to that potential employer that you are the best they can get for that open position.

1. You need to do after you must have receive your interview invitation via text, e-mail or letter is to Research on the company, like the objectives of the company and what they stand for, their ongoing projects, their number of employees, and also what is required of you in that open position. Some of these information you will find on their website and social media page. You can also ask some of their worker if you know one.

2. Generate a list of questions that may be asked by the interviewer and practice your responses, after you are through with researching the company and the open position. Ask yourself on what will be my role, responsibility and expectations as an employee, what are the culture of the Organization.

3. Make sure you make copies of all important documents like your CV and other relevant documents like Certificates, Cover letter etc in advance. Also make available what you have been told to bring to the venue which could be Biro, Pencil or Calculator but it should be as indicated in the invitation received.

4. Note what you wear to the interview, when dressing up for the interview put on official wears like for Men put on suit if you don't have one, wear shirt and trouser but with perfect colour combination, and same goes for the ladies but with Skirt or Trouser depending on your belief and the one you are comfortable with and don't forget to Pray.

5. Make sure you eat something. Candidates sometimes make the mistake of not eating before going for interviews this make them sometimes, suffer lack of attentiveness although in some cases you may decide you want to fast.

6. Getting to the venue early makes you professional and reliable if you eventually land the Job, so get to the interview venue at least 30 minutes before the interview begins. while waiting ask yourself the prepared questions and answer them to yourself.

7. When doing your interview be audible and answer question with confidence at the same time avoid being over confident, avoid answers like sure and don't make mistake of using slang. Don't assume you know it all. Make sure your answers are short, simple and honest.

8. After the conclusion of the interview, shake hands with the interviewer(s) and thank them for their time. They should tell you when they will contact you.

9. Do follow up, quite a number of Candidate make mistake of not doing follow up and they complain they haven't land their dream Job yet, after two day or a week that is if you were not told when they will contact you go back to the venue and ask questions.

Lastly don't forget to pray before and after the interview and also have faith the position is yours already.

http://ladojaoluseunsblog..com.ng/2016/08/9-simple-steps-to-win-heart-of-your.html

Re: 9 Simple Steps To Win The Heart Of Your Potential Employer by ikombe: 7:03am On Aug 09, 2016
Person wey go employ you go employ you undecided

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 9 Simple Steps To Win The Heart Of Your Potential Employer by Femich18(m): 7:05am On Aug 09, 2016
Noted...Thank you
Re: 9 Simple Steps To Win The Heart Of Your Potential Employer by peterjero(m): 7:06am On Aug 09, 2016
Try to know what you are been interviewed for, that's the main thing. Be very confident those interviewers are still afraid of you.

Re: 9 Simple Steps To Win The Heart Of Your Potential Employer by nmreports: 7:07am On Aug 09, 2016
How true is this?
For me there are only two ways to win your employers heart.
1) Do your job exceptionally. In other words, show how you are ready for the job. Talk about how passionate you are and how they can count on you.
2) Humble yourself around him/ her. I.e Don't be arrogant.

When you humble yourself yet do your job well (or show that you can do your job well) then it means you are not an ass kisser. You are just smart enough to know how office politics work.

Re: 9 Simple Steps To Win The Heart Of Your Potential Employer by maggilove(f): 7:10am On Aug 09, 2016
Good points here, noted for action.
Re: 9 Simple Steps To Win The Heart Of Your Potential Employer by izzy4shizzy(m): 7:11am On Aug 09, 2016
The hussle is real mehn
Re: 9 Simple Steps To Win The Heart Of Your Potential Employer by KillerBeauty(f): 7:14am On Aug 09, 2016
nmreports:
How true is this?
1) Do your job exceptionally. In other words, show how you are ready for the job. Talk about how passionate you are and how they can count on you.

When you humble yourself yet do your job well (or show that you can do your job well) then it means you are not an ass kisser. You are just smart enough to know how office politics work.
The op is talking about winning d heart of your would be employer
Re: 9 Simple Steps To Win The Heart Of Your Potential Employer by Spells(m): 7:15am On Aug 09, 2016
Just have a well connected n influential Godfather believe me, ur employer will b ur best friend cheesy
Re: 9 Simple Steps To Win The Heart Of Your Potential Employer by seunakin231(m): 7:17am On Aug 09, 2016
Nice write u OP, however, it's grace that matters, do all this stuff is not a guarantee u av impressed the employer, talk less getting the job, what if he doesn't like your face self?? undecided

Re: 9 Simple Steps To Win The Heart Of Your Potential Employer by cassidy1996(m): 7:17am On Aug 09, 2016
Who employer epp?
Re: 9 Simple Steps To Win The Heart Of Your Potential Employer by nmreports: 7:18am On Aug 09, 2016
KillerBeauty:

The op is talking about winning d heart of your would be employer

Yes I know.
I guess my message wasn't well cut accross.
But thanks.
Re: 9 Simple Steps To Win The Heart Of Your Potential Employer by Goldenheart(m): 7:21am On Aug 09, 2016
not a fan of white collar

every company wants to make more profit...

Talk them to believe, you will make them "filthy" rich. ofcourse u can't reveal how until u get your letter n set the terms.

if they act funny, let them know the competitor would be interested in what you ve to offer n from your research, they are about to dissappear out of sight.

It has been working for me n u ve to fulfil ur promise. make them rich!!!!

try @ your own peril.
Re: 9 Simple Steps To Win The Heart Of Your Potential Employer by Nobody: 7:21am On Aug 09, 2016
peterjero:
Try to know what you are been interviewed for, that's the main thing. Be very confident those interviewers are still afraid of you.

Afraid? I don't think so.
Re: 9 Simple Steps To Win The Heart Of Your Potential Employer by sixtus3606(m): 7:22am On Aug 09, 2016
nmreports:
How true is this?

All you've written can be done only as from your first day of resumption.
Re: 9 Simple Steps To Win The Heart Of Your Potential Employer by nmreports: 7:28am On Aug 09, 2016
sixtus3606:

All you've written can be done only as from your first day of resumption.

Works during interviews too.
Employers want to know if you are a fit.
If you are passionate.
Showing humility means not being arrogant and feel like you know all. You have to be teachable.

Doing your job well during interviews has to do with getting your passion accross to them through your words. It's a mastery. Letting them know you are reliable and ready and that you would be the best fit.

What you will be as an employee begins from the interview. Make good use of the opportunity.
Re: 9 Simple Steps To Win The Heart Of Your Potential Employer by olamilekan360(m): 7:32am On Aug 09, 2016
Op... I disagree.. Not in this Era at all
Re: 9 Simple Steps To Win The Heart Of Your Potential Employer by squarelead(m): 7:35am On Aug 09, 2016
Nice post. Thanks @ op
Re: 9 Simple Steps To Win The Heart Of Your Potential Employer by ministeriallist: 7:39am On Aug 09, 2016
Abeg being a big man's candidate na hin sure pass. Like being Buhari, Osinbajo, or Fashola's candidate.
Re: 9 Simple Steps To Win The Heart Of Your Potential Employer by 4ward(m): 7:47am On Aug 09, 2016
good
Re: 9 Simple Steps To Win The Heart Of Your Potential Employer by MVLOX(m): 7:50am On Aug 09, 2016
Very true but op forgot to talk abt what happens b4 u get called for the interview. When drop your CV or application one has to be well dressed, look friendly and very conversational with who ever u are dropping it with. That's like winning pre-season b4 the season starts proper

Re: 9 Simple Steps To Win The Heart Of Your Potential Employer by BE811APP: 7:57am On Aug 09, 2016
Noted!!!
Re: 9 Simple Steps To Win The Heart Of Your Potential Employer by exhibit7432(m): 8:25am On Aug 09, 2016
ikombe:
Person wey go employ you go employ you undecided

In this buhari economy.. All these things no dey help undecided
Na only connection.. So go and make friends
Re: 9 Simple Steps To Win The Heart Of Your Potential Employer by Stanbeto: 8:45am On Aug 09, 2016
I don see am
Re: 9 Simple Steps To Win The Heart Of Your Potential Employer by 3Dee(m): 10:52am On Aug 09, 2016
@ no 8, shake kini? Baba no try am o.
Unless you're being interviewed for a managerial position.
Re: 9 Simple Steps To Win The Heart Of Your Potential Employer by Nobody: 12:20pm On Aug 09, 2016
chjjffr
Re: 9 Simple Steps To Win The Heart Of Your Potential Employer by Kirinwa: 12:40pm On Aug 09, 2016
seunakin231:
Nice write u OP, however, it's grace that matters, do all this stuff is not a guarantee u av impressed the employer, talk less getting the job, what if he doesn't like your face self?? undecided

Then it means the village winches don soak your matter overnight but prayer (God) pass dem nah.
Re: 9 Simple Steps To Win The Heart Of Your Potential Employer by peterjero(m): 4:07pm On Aug 09, 2016
DeeTus:

Afraid? I don't think so.
I'm talking from experience. I have interviewed and I have been interviewed.
Re: 9 Simple Steps To Win The Heart Of Your Potential Employer by lisimmo(m): 7:14pm On Aug 09, 2016
Nice stuffs
Re: 9 Simple Steps To Win The Heart Of Your Potential Employer by 9jalatestnews(m): 6:10am On Aug 10, 2016
MVLOX:
Very true but op forgot to talk abt what happens b4 u get called for the interview. When drop your CV or application one has to be well dressed, look friendly and very conversational with who ever u are dropping it with. That's like winning pre-season b4 the season starts proper

Thanks I would work on that on the next tips

NPA Begins Secret Recruitment Against Presidential Directive / Michael Stevens Consulting April 2018 Fresh Job Recruitment (16 Positions) / Who Knows, About Genuine Visa Consult?