Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,932 members, 7,803,058 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 08:18 AM

Does Any Law Back The Closing Of The Gates Of Banks When Bullion Vans Are In? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Does Any Law Back The Closing Of The Gates Of Banks When Bullion Vans Are In? (1002 Views)

Bundles Of Money On The Road In Owerri As They Fall Out Of A Bullion Van / N5m Falls From Bullion Van In Lagos (Photo) / Financial Inclusion In Nigeria: The Challenges Of Banks & Mobile Money Operators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Any Law Back The Closing Of The Gates Of Banks When Bullion Vans Are In? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:27am On Aug 09, 2016
I've always seen the gates of some banks close whenever bullion vans are in them either to withdraw or deposit money, when I pass in front of them. But recently, after going to a bank to make some enquiries, on getting out of the banking hall, those of us wanting to leave the banking premises were made to wait for sometimes because of the bullion van that just came in. My question is, does any law in Nigeria, whether by the CBN or the Nigerian Police Force, restrict the movement of people in banking premises whenever there is any bullion van? Does this restriction not negate the right to free movement?
Re: Does Any Law Back The Closing Of The Gates Of Banks When Bullion Vans Are In? by Awoofawo(m): 8:36am On Aug 09, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:
I've always seen the gates of some banks close whenever bullion vans are in them either to withdraw or deposit money, when I pass in front of them. But recently, after going to a bank to make some enquiries, on getting out of the banking hall, those of us wanting to leave the banking premises were made to wait for sometimes because of the bullion van that just came in. My question is, does any law in Nigeria, whether by the CBN or the Nigerian Police Force, restrict the movement of people in banking premises whenever there is any bullion van? Does this restriction not negate the right to free movement?

Abeg next such happen, go to the nearest Olopa and ask him, why such and such should happen. Abeg speak big grammar and order them open the gate for, that your movement can/should not be restricted....... cool

You 9ja dey post this kind thread, I already pity you, cos its seems you wan chop beating small......cool
Re: Does Any Law Back The Closing Of The Gates Of Banks When Bullion Vans Are In? by johnwizey: 8:44am On Aug 09, 2016
Oga you knw sabi how our police dey operate You wan cum inside cum rob the van abi you wan go outside go wait for am with your gang Its not as if the depositing or withdrawal will take time so i think one can wait for that little time.
Re: Does Any Law Back The Closing Of The Gates Of Banks When Bullion Vans Are In? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:53am On Aug 09, 2016
johnwizey:
Oga you knw sabi how our police dey operate You wan cum inside cum rob the van abi you wan go outside go wait for am with your gang Its not as if the depositing or withdrawal will take time so i think one can wait for that little time.
Why should armed police men be afraid? If there is any law backing this, why hasn't a bank like GTB, known for not having perimetre fences and gates, been ordered to start having them?
Re: Does Any Law Back The Closing Of The Gates Of Banks When Bullion Vans Are In? by Awoofawo(m): 8:58am On Aug 09, 2016
johnwizey:

He probably just come back from Mars or Earth 2.0........

Leave am make he go fumble with dem hungry and angry Olopa, who can snoff him life commot at slightest precieved provocation....... cool
Re: Does Any Law Back The Closing Of The Gates Of Banks When Bullion Vans Are In? by johnwizey: 9:08am On Aug 09, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:

Why should armed police men be afraid? If there is any law backing this, why hasn't a bank like GTB, known for not having perimetre fences and gates, been ordered to start having them?
And who told you they are armed Besyds none of the police men has two lives forget about the shakabula they are carrying.
Re: Does Any Law Back The Closing Of The Gates Of Banks When Bullion Vans Are In? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:29am On Aug 09, 2016
johnwizey:
And who told you they are armed Besyds none of the police men has two lives forget about the shakabula they are carrying.
I asked a question, does any law say the gates of banks should be closed when bullion vans are in their premises? If yes, what is being done to make a bank like GTB to fence their premises and mount gates?
Re: Does Any Law Back The Closing Of The Gates Of Banks When Bullion Vans Are In? by johnwizey: 9:43am On Aug 09, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:

I asked a question, does any law say the gates of banks should be closed when bullion vans are in their premises? If yes, what is being done to make a bank like GTB to fence their premises and mount gates?
I dont know abt other branches but the one in my area here is fenced.
Re: Does Any Law Back The Closing Of The Gates Of Banks When Bullion Vans Are In? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:06am On Aug 09, 2016
johnwizey:
I dont know abt other branches but the one in my area here is fenced.
Where is that? All the branches of GTB do not have gates.
Re: Does Any Law Back The Closing Of The Gates Of Banks When Bullion Vans Are In? by AMI3(m): 12:21pm On Aug 09, 2016
My brother this is 9ja for although i am in doubt about gate being closed when the van entered the bank premises. The one sadden me most is when i traveled to a town in Akwa Ibom state there is a particular road where UBA bank is situated, policemen don't allow motor bike to pass through that road during working hours
Re: Does Any Law Back The Closing Of The Gates Of Banks When Bullion Vans Are In? by wasco24: 3:33pm On Aug 09, 2016
Those any law back locking ur gate or house when u go out the house
OrlandoOwoh:
Re: Does Any Law Back The Closing Of The Gates Of Banks When Bullion Vans Are In? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:48pm On Aug 09, 2016
wasco24:
Those any law back locking ur gate or house when u go out the house
Oga, go work on your expression and stop asking me an unnecessary question. It is, does any law . . . , not those (sic) any law . . .

(1) (Reply)

MMM Investors Rues For Their Loss. Be Careful Aspirants!!! / Updated: Access Bank Begins $20 Monthly Card Charge And Why Its Illegal / Who Among These People Should Be Attended To 1st In Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.