Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,548 members, 7,809,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:05 PM

Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics (56236 Views)

How African Countries Performed At Rio 2016 Olympics / Efe Ajagba Knocks Nigel Paul Out In Round One in 23 Seconds At RIO Olympics / katsuyatakasu, A Japanese To Reward Nigerian Players At Rio Olympics (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by mayorkyzo: 10:18pm On Aug 09, 2016
Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by sweetestboi(m): 10:19pm On Aug 09, 2016
what a patriot she is....thumbs up blood"
Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by packman: 10:19pm On Aug 09, 2016
wow
Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by Timoleon(m): 10:20pm On Aug 09, 2016
Sunnycliff:
From the Presidency to the sports minister and NOC. all of them are a disgrace to team Nigeria!

I pray her sacrifice won't be in vain as she's qualified for the next stage of her sporting event. The annoying thing is that the berret wearing mad man will take the glory of her success as the sports minister!
how will he take her glory...has anyone ever taken blessing okhagbares glory? How often does she say it that she sponsors herself mostly? If she wins, her medal is hers, the credit is hers.
Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by EmekaBlue(m): 10:20pm On Aug 09, 2016
Lemme know when she winz a medal...meanwhile NCAN are missing...mumu people
Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by Lexusgs430: 10:20pm On Aug 09, 2016
When or if she wins a medal,would she be expected to return to Nigeria to shake SAI BUBU's hands ?
Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by faitheverest(f): 10:20pm On Aug 09, 2016
Go girl!!!
Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by pedrilo: 10:21pm On Aug 09, 2016
name check process completed!

RESULT

positive remark

though the name bears a semblance with those associated with drugs n shiiit,
Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by Nobody: 10:21pm On Aug 09, 2016
Part of me thinks she is wasting her time representing Nigeria. She will soon realize that her interests are better served representing USA.

1 Like

Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by Bifwoli: 10:24pm On Aug 09, 2016
Girl representing Igbos very well.Igbos have a "can do" attitude no wonder luminaries like Emeka Anyaoku,Okonjo Iweala and this girl are like a shinning city on a hill.God bless Nigerian Jews.
Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by bakila: 10:24pm On Aug 09, 2016
Name Checkers Association on Nigeria confirming that the name checked. The Igbos have been making Nigeria proud since time immemorial.
She is proudly wearing the coat of arms of Nigeria and doing well.
Well done babe.

1 Like

Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by Richy4(m): 10:27pm On Aug 09, 2016
Good girl...I wish i could give her one of those horses on our emblem to ride on...

she is Super patriotic with a capital letter P
Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by MadCow1: 10:27pm On Aug 09, 2016
HIPROFILE:
I have never been interested in the Olympics since it started because of the drama around team Nigeria. But this morning I was in tears without minding people's presence in my office when i came across this write-up from uncle Onyebuchi Ememanka on Chierika Ukogu,an American born Nigerian girl of 23 years of age.
She is a student of Stanford University and is currently representing Nigeria at the Rio Olympics in a sports called Rowing.
This young woman practically sponsored herself to the games. She had to put her school program on hold and found a way to train with the US Olympic team and qualified for the games without any support from home. No one cared about her. She used the GO FUND ME app to raise funds to enable her participate in this games.
She was not deterred by the challenges, neither did she abandon her country even when the country didn't care about her.
For her, all that mattered was to represent her country and wear the national colors.

She has just qualified for the quarter finals in her category.

Take a huge bow, Chierika.

You are an inspiration.
Whether you win a medal or not, you have won the hearts of millions of Nigerians and that's more precious that's an Olympic gold medal.

I hope that daft beret wearing Minister will understand the true meaning of this girl's sacrifice and at least go and watch her during the quarter finals tomorrow.

Meanwhile my Facebook has been flooded with videos of lots of Nigerians who have converted to Islam just to get Middle Eastern Citizenship and represent those countries in sports.. cry

Well, I put the blame squarely on us.. We keep mortgaging our futures every election year to politicians who are not qualified to hold offices in exchange for tribal bragging rights and other such selfish reasons.

We are the cause of our own problems and that is the hard truth.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by Mistadora01(m): 10:29pm On Aug 09, 2016
To All The Students Of, . Bet9ja Nairabet Winnersbet Superiorbet Betcolony Superbet Surebet 1960bet Stakersden . The new semester is stating on 13th of this month. . Admission of new members are FREE. . Get your Pen, Paper, Smartphone and Internet Systems ready. . THANK YOU
Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by MONITZ: 10:30pm On Aug 09, 2016
Sunnycliff:
From the Presidency to the sports minister and NOC. all of them are a disgrace to team Nigeria!

I pray her sacrifice won't be in vain as she's qualified for the next stage of her sporting event. The annoying thing is that the berret wearing mad man will take the glory of her success as the sports minister!

For where, which glory will that stupid daft want to claim? Don't we have eyes again or we didn't witness all the razzmatazz involved prior to the Olympics

From how some were stranded in far away America and had to be rescued by an airline to athletes that went without food for days, this contraption of a country is a very huge joke, those at the helms of affair re just square pegs in round holes.

May God in his infinite mercy deliver us from this mess someday,Amen.
Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by MONITZ: 10:31pm On Aug 09, 2016
Sunnycliff:

Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by azimibraun: 10:35pm On Aug 09, 2016
Its good enough that you brought this up but not so good enough to let emotions take over you... No point insulting the minister. Naija and insult. I wish the lady success. I watched a documentary about her about 2 orso weeks ago. Her story is well documented.
Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by Mcowubaba: 10:40pm On Aug 09, 2016
Me, Represent Nigeria
A Country that appointed an Ex Prison warden as the Sports Minister grin grin grin

Wetin concern prison and sports ministry undecided
Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by ancientbanana: 10:41pm On Aug 09, 2016
HIPROFILE:
I have never been interested in the Olympics since it started because of the drama around team Nigeria. But this morning I was in tears without minding people's presence in my office when i came across this write-up from uncle Onyebuchi Ememanka on Chierika Ukogu,an American born Nigerian girl of 23 years of age.
She is a student of Stanford University and is currently representing Nigeria at the Rio Olympics in a sports called Rowing.
This young woman practically sponsored herself to the games. She had to put her school program on hold and found a way to train with the US Olympic team and qualified for the games without any support from home. No one cared about her. She used the GO FUND ME app to raise funds to enable her participate in this games.
She was not deterred by the challenges, neither did she abandon her country even when the country didn't care about her.
For her, all that mattered was to represent her country and wear the national colors.

She has just qualified for the quarter finals in her category.

Take a huge bow, Chierika.

You are an inspiration.
Whether you win a medal or not, you have won the hearts of millions of Nigerians and that's more precious that's an Olympic gold medal.

I hope that daft beret wearing Minister will understand the true meaning of this girl's sacrifice and at least go and watch her during the quarter finals tomorrow.

name checkers will cease to check names now o. Shame on dem
Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by haibe(m): 10:41pm On Aug 09, 2016
I think shes in the semi final

1 Like

Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by Shym3xx: 10:42pm On Aug 09, 2016
Lmao @ crying over someone who's living her dream of participating at the Olympics cos she failed to make the US Olympics team. grin

As an athlete and/or someone in sports without that much professional clout like the popular sports - competing at the Olympics is the pinnacle and the dream. So she basically did whatever she did, with GoFundMe to live that dream. Not because she cares about that shytehole that's an artificial country.

If she's rated top-20 in the world in her sport and she rejected the US for Nigeria...then you would make sense and ya sissified tears would be understandable. But I doubt she's ranked top-50 in the world and she failed at the US trials. grin

Anyway, she isn't the only one. There's a next mixed race guy from the UK in some funny sport who's competing for naij as well and he also sponsored himself to the Olympics. Cry for that nyggah as well. grin

No one cares about Nigeria - it's a shytehole. That's the harsh reality

3 Likes

Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by classicniyen: 10:43pm On Aug 09, 2016
this is super story
Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by ancientbanana: 10:44pm On Aug 09, 2016
Name checkers where at thou
Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by Nobody: 10:50pm On Aug 09, 2016
Lesson to all, it only takes one person to make a difference...this lovely young lady just proved to Nigerians that we can be good at rowing...oya over to you Dalung
Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by nextstep(m): 10:52pm On Aug 09, 2016
Just marking register for Name Checkers Association of Nigeria, Asaba branch. Chierika daalu. cool
Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by Seyeah23(m): 10:55pm On Aug 09, 2016
Heard that she has qualified to the Semi final. Go Girl... Go for Gold... And boost your Sport CV.
Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by Nobody: 11:01pm On Aug 09, 2016
FvckeDyoBiTch:
Represent Nigeria? NEVER. Only second class athletes do it and its perfectly fine and understandable...Good luck but you dont stand a chance against the USA team.

USA NIGERIA USA NIGERIA USA

So you are this hopeless?? Sorry to disappoint you, she just made it to the semifinals. .keep the hate coming..
Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by Nobody: 11:07pm On Aug 09, 2016
Shym3xx:
Lmao @ crying over someone who's living her dream of participating at the Olympics cos she failed to make the US Olympics team. grin

As an athlete and/or someone in sports without that much professional clout like the popular sports - competing at the Olympics is the pinnacle and the dream. So she basically did whatever she did, with GoFundMe to live that dream. Not because she cares about that shytehole that's an artificial country.

If she's rated top-20 in the world in her sport and she rejected the US for Nigeria...then you would make sense and ya sissified tears would be understandable. But I doubt she's ranked top-50 in the world and she failed at the US trials. grin

Anyway, she isn't the only one. There's a next mixed race guy from the UK in some funny sport who's competing for naij as well and he also sponsored himself to the Olympics. Cry for that nyggah as well. grin

No one cares about Nigeria - it's a shytehole. That's the harsh reality

And what made you think she chose Nigeria because she was rejected by the U.S?? May inferior complex no be your doom..Anyway, she just made it to the semifinals, while you're there inside your thatched roof hamlet making noise.

3 Likes

Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by KangaIye: 11:11pm On Aug 09, 2016
I wish her success
Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by KangaIye: 11:13pm On Aug 09, 2016
chuxyfranklin:

So you are this hopeless?? Sorry to disappoint you, she just made it to the semifinals. .keep the hate coming..

Bros Abel ignore those guys.
Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by charlesucheh(m): 11:15pm On Aug 09, 2016
Her passion and enthusiastic attitude to represent this country is the gold she has given us!!! Don't know her, but if what she went through is true, then she has just won my heart! Unbehalf of Nigerians, I say thank you!!!
Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by BasharMaaji: 11:17pm On Aug 09, 2016
Truly Nigerian

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ole Solskjaer Hands List Of Players To Leave Man United (see Details) / Iceland Players Support Carl Ikeme (Photo) / Nigeria vs Ghana: CAF World Cup Qualifiers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.