Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,314 members, 7,808,057 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:14 AM

Lagos Acquires Land In 3 States For Farming. To Link The SW States With Train. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Acquires Land In 3 States For Farming. To Link The SW States With Train. (34054 Views)

Yes We the SW Will Vote Buhari. Do Your Worst. / Federal Allocation To States For The Month Of July 2016 / There Will Be No Occupynigeria In Lagos And Other SW States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Acquires Land In 3 States For Farming. To Link The SW States With Train. by aresssa: 3:18pm On Aug 09, 2016

Lagos State Commissioner for Information, Mr Steve Ayorinde, said that the state government has acquired land in Ogun, Ondo and Osun states for farming.

Ayorinde told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Port Harcourt that the land was acquired for large scale mechanised farming.

The commissioner, who did not disclose the quantity acquired, said the state was planning to acquire more land in Oyo state.

Lagos has the smallest land mass in the country, 23 per cent of that land is water. Lagos decided to acquire land elsewhere for agriculture.

The decision has to do with economic integration of the South West states.

Lagos has just been admitted into the ODUA Group, comprising all the five states in the zone.

What this means is that, if there is economic integration among the six states in the South West, Lagos with its financial status can expand in the area of agriculture in those states,” he said.

According to Ayorinde, the plan is to get Federal Government`s approval to link the South West states with train service for effective haulage of agricultural produce.

He said it would be wise to move the produce with train service because trucks and trailers might not be enough to do the job.
The commissioner said Lagos and the others in the South West were considering economic integration through agriculture and most effective means of evacuating the produce

https://www.today.ng/news/national/164523/lagos-govt-acquires-land-3-states-farming-official

Eko o ni baje o...

98 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Lagos Acquires Land In 3 States For Farming. To Link The SW States With Train. by Horlufemi(m): 3:20pm On Aug 09, 2016
Wow, FTC.

I dedicate it to you, yes you dearest reader. The best is yet to come.

God bless Nigerians.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Acquires Land In 3 States For Farming. To Link The SW States With Train. by project4OO: 3:23pm On Aug 09, 2016
wow! Highly commendable!

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Acquires Land In 3 States For Farming. To Link The SW States With Train. by sinkhole: 3:26pm On Aug 09, 2016
Thats very beatiful. North will soon copy and East will start hating grin

164 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lagos Acquires Land In 3 States For Farming. To Link The SW States With Train. by FFKfuckedBIANCA: 3:27pm On Aug 09, 2016
I heard the news this morning and I was elated. I will be much more happy if the plan for the Rail line linking all the Yoruba West state is achieved. I hope it is not just a paper project, I pray it is accomplished. We need joint regional projects such as this in the Yoruba West

105 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos Acquires Land In 3 States For Farming. To Link The SW States With Train. by Funlordjnr: 3:27pm On Aug 09, 2016
cool

Hmmm........As usual lagos seems to be setting the pace for others to follow!

Ambode chop knuckle!

70 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Acquires Land In 3 States For Farming. To Link The SW States With Train. by Oasis007(m): 3:32pm On Aug 09, 2016
Nice Development!

The present hardship is a big lesson, and also a great Avenue to diversify the economy, thus subduing over-reliance on FG Allocations by the States in Nigeria.

Without Oil Money..... SW built the first Skyscraper in Africa, the first Television Station, the best and well structured University and so much more!

Agriculture is the answer!

Odo to ba gba gbe Orisun..... O di dandan Ko gbe!

ISE AGBE NI SE ILE WA!!!

187 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Lagos Acquires Land In 3 States For Farming. To Link The SW States With Train. by Bellony88(m): 3:45pm On Aug 09, 2016
This will be termed good news on if it will be implemented... GOD bless Nigeria

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Acquires Land In 3 States For Farming. To Link The SW States With Train. by Bellony88(m): 3:45pm On Aug 09, 2016
This will be termed good news only if it will be implemented... GOD bless Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Acquires Land In 3 States For Farming. To Link The SW States With Train. by comos: 3:46pm On Aug 09, 2016
FFKfuckedBIANCA:
I heard the news this morning and I was elated. I will be much more happy if the plan for the Rail line linking all the Yoruba West state is achieved. I hope it is not just a paper project, I pray it is accomplished. We need joint regional projects such as this in the Yoruba West

Omo-Ibos will also enjoy the infrastructure with you people.

you know they have a very large population in the west grin grin grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Acquires Land In 3 States For Farming. To Link The SW States With Train. by AKswift: 3:57pm On Aug 09, 2016
I just love news like this. The first phase of the modern train track should be Lagos-to-Ibadan.

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos Acquires Land In 3 States For Farming. To Link The SW States With Train. by wristbangle: 4:00pm On Aug 09, 2016
This is the kind of news I like hearing.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Acquires Land In 3 States For Farming. To Link The SW States With Train. by FFKfuckedBIANCA: 4:07pm On Aug 09, 2016
AKswift:
I just love news like this. The first phase of the modern train track should be Lagos-to-Ibadan.
Lagos Ogun and Ondo are the only state included in the Coastal Railway the Federal Government wants to construct. I assume this particular one would include Lagos-Ibadan(Oyo) and all the other state in Yoruba West

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Acquires Land In 3 States For Farming. To Link The SW States With Train. by Flexherbal(m): 4:08pm On Aug 09, 2016
This is good.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Acquires Land In 3 States For Farming. To Link The SW States With Train. by seunmsg(m): 4:42pm On Aug 09, 2016
KnowAll:
Lagos State should first build a train from Ojota to Redeem Camp which would eventually extended to Ibadan

We want a rail line linking the entire south western states and not just a Lagos-redeem camp train.

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lagos Acquires Land In 3 States For Farming. To Link The SW States With Train. by Nobody: 4:50pm On Aug 09, 2016
It sounds great on paper but I am not sure they actually have money to build it now.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Acquires Land In 3 States For Farming. To Link The SW States With Train. by aresssa: 5:05pm On Aug 09, 2016
bayooooooo:
It sounds great on paper but I am not sure they actually have money to build it now.

This is for private investors to fund, not the states..

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos Acquires Land In 3 States For Farming. To Link The SW States With Train. by ridwanayo(m): 5:14pm On Aug 09, 2016
Good one from ambode nd lagos state.I wonder when the bastard from ekiti would start reasoning with his brain,ekiti could be the agricultural hub of s.west cause they are blessed with all most all agricultura product(even onions nd lil tomatoes)yet that oshokobastard won't encourage agriculture.
Yeeboes would soon start wailing

Itesiwaju ile odua lo jewa logun

80 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos Acquires Land In 3 States For Farming. To Link The SW States With Train. by seunny4lif(m): 5:26pm On Aug 09, 2016
Another one from SW grin
SW leads, other follow grin grin
Those guys from the other side of River will not like this News oooooh grin grin grin

Thank God for MTN grin grin
Now I don buy this land grin grin
Beware of 419 and my brother Seun lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Acquires Land In 3 States For Farming. To Link The SW States With Train. by laurel03(m): 5:35pm On Aug 09, 2016
Ibanuje fun awon olori pelebe

99 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Lagos Acquires Land In 3 States For Farming. To Link The SW States With Train. by free2ryhme: 5:35pm On Aug 09, 2016
Great development and a boost to rail transportation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Acquires Land In 3 States For Farming. To Link The SW States With Train. by Sunnycliff(m): 5:35pm On Aug 09, 2016
sinkhole:
Thats very beatiful.
North will soon copy and East will start hating grin

Is the East your nightmare?
The name East does it give you orgasm

Please close your sinkhole and go get a life young lady!

25 Likes

Re: Lagos Acquires Land In 3 States For Farming. To Link The SW States With Train. by krissconnect(m): 5:35pm On Aug 09, 2016
A guy is sitting at home when he hears a knock at the door. He opens the door and sees a snail on the porch. He picks up the snail and throws it as far as he can. Three years later there’s a knock on the door. He opens it and sees the same snail. The snail says: ‘What the hell was that all about?

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lagos Acquires Land In 3 States For Farming. To Link The SW States With Train. by darocha1: 5:36pm On Aug 09, 2016
Ambo ati de
Re: Lagos Acquires Land In 3 States For Farming. To Link The SW States With Train. by laurel03(m): 5:36pm On Aug 09, 2016
Oasis007:
Nice Development!

The present hardship is a big lesson, and also a great Avenue to diversify the economy, thus subduing over-reliance on FG Allocations by the States in Nigeria.

Without Oil Money..... SW built the first Skyscraper in Africa, the first Television Station, the best and well structured University and so much more!

Agriculture is the answer!

Odo to ba gba gbe Orisun..... O di dandan Ko gbe!

ISE AGBE NI SE ILE WA!!!
make I add my own too UCH,(Premier hotel) Odua investment,good and standard education in SW, liberty stadium Etc... We need western nigeria back

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Acquires Land In 3 States For Farming. To Link The SW States With Train. by Rexyl(m): 5:37pm On Aug 09, 2016
Nice move!
God bless me God bless Lagos for her superb economic policy. Bear it in mind that what SW needs mostly to be successful in Agriculture is irrigation, processing, storage, packaging and total clamp down on free range animal husbandry esp herdsmen invasion and destruction of farms. Cattle business in the zone should be exclusively intensive or semi intensive. Allowing cattle to roam about and cause damages should be stopped once.

If the land of SW is well managed for farming the zone can feed the whole country and send food stuffs abroad

8 Likes

Re: Lagos Acquires Land In 3 States For Farming. To Link The SW States With Train. by Proffdada: 5:37pm On Aug 09, 2016
;D1
Re: Lagos Acquires Land In 3 States For Farming. To Link The SW States With Train. by Guyman02: 5:37pm On Aug 09, 2016
Lagos can achieve food sufficiency with rice farms across the South West and then import 'UGU' from Obiano in Anambra State and palm oil from Imo State (if Rochas decides work without propaganda) to use in cooking the rice to achieve a balanced diet grin
I dont know why the talk of economic integration of South West starting with efficient railway is still on paper till now, they cant continue to wait for approval from FG?

Now all the Afonjas will start claiming to be Lagosians anytime good news flows from there, they will never claim Osun, Kwara or Ekiti States where workers are paid salaries with bailout funds.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Acquires Land In 3 States For Farming. To Link The SW States With Train. by kingvectorv(m): 5:37pm On Aug 09, 2016
nice 1

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Is APC's Loss In Osun State A Plus For Labor Party? / Truckloads Of Dangote Rice Arrive Lagos For Distribution / APC Warns Against Insulting Buhari, Government Officials - Premiumtimes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.