Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,239 members, 7,780,467 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:00 PM

World’s Largest Aircraft Leaves Its Hangar For The First Time(pictures) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / World’s Largest Aircraft Leaves Its Hangar For The First Time(pictures) (70625 Views)

See The Roofless Aircraft With 96 Passengers That Landed Safely After Explosion / ₦467.4Billion, A City On The Ocean, World's Largest Cruise Ship(Photos) / World's Largest Plane With A Wingspan Longer Than A FOOTBALL FIELD(Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

World’s Largest Aircraft Leaves Its Hangar For The First Time(pictures) by timidapsin(m): 3:31pm On Aug 09, 2016
The 302-feet-long craft was originally developed as part of a US Army project which was then abandoned in 2012
A British company has converted the aircraft - a cross between an airship and an aeroplane - for civilian use
It will fly to 4,000 feet at speeds of up to 46 mph in a series of six test flights above Cardington, Bedfordshire
The 'Flying Bum' can carry 48 passengers and is designed to be flown by remote control for up to three weeks

The world's largest aircraft, known fondly as the 'Flying Bum', left its hangar for the first time today.
The Airlander 10, which cost £25million to build over 10 years, is 92 metres long and pumped with a million cubic feet of helium.
The part-plane, part-airship left its hangar in Cardington, Bedfordshire at 4am today to commence a brief series of ground systems tests before its first flight later this month.

Source: http://afriwap.com/others/checkout-the-worlds-biggest-aircraft-airlander/

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: World’s Largest Aircraft Leaves Its Hangar For The First Time(pictures) by timidapsin(m): 3:32pm On Aug 09, 2016

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: World’s Largest Aircraft Leaves Its Hangar For The First Time(pictures) by timidapsin(m): 3:32pm On Aug 09, 2016
Lalasticlala come and check this..
Re: World’s Largest Aircraft Leaves Its Hangar For The First Time(pictures) by youngest85(m): 3:36pm On Aug 09, 2016
The Lord is Good

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: World’s Largest Aircraft Leaves Its Hangar For The First Time(pictures) by psucc(m): 3:41pm On Aug 09, 2016
Still not offering any succour to the suffering of the larger society.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: World’s Largest Aircraft Leaves Its Hangar For The First Time(pictures) by timidapsin(m): 3:42pm On Aug 09, 2016
youngest85:
The Lord is Good
All the time smiley

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: World’s Largest Aircraft Leaves Its Hangar For The First Time(pictures) by ebujany(m): 3:57pm On Aug 09, 2016
Wah the heck is this? If i hear say this ship dey fly

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: World’s Largest Aircraft Leaves Its Hangar For The First Time(pictures) by timidapsin(m): 4:00pm On Aug 09, 2016
ebujany:
Wah the heck is this? If i hear say this ship dey fly
She flies smiley
lalasticlala please come check this
Re: World’s Largest Aircraft Leaves Its Hangar For The First Time(pictures) by CaptEColeJnr: 5:32pm On Aug 09, 2016
What fuckery is this? undecided

It cost £25 million and took over 10 years build and yet it can only carry 48 people and fly 4000 feet undecided

It's just structurally big but internally useless
Lalasticlala,I no wan see dis for front-page

136 Likes 5 Shares

Re: World’s Largest Aircraft Leaves Its Hangar For The First Time(pictures) by youngest85(m): 7:39pm On Aug 09, 2016
timidapsin:
All the time smiley
U deh go church?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: World’s Largest Aircraft Leaves Its Hangar For The First Time(pictures) by faitheverest(f): 8:19pm On Aug 09, 2016
Ndi ocha. ...

1 Like

Re: World’s Largest Aircraft Leaves Its Hangar For The First Time(pictures) by opisco01(m): 8:20pm On Aug 09, 2016
This shit is damn ugly

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: World’s Largest Aircraft Leaves Its Hangar For The First Time(pictures) by martineinstein(m): 8:20pm On Aug 09, 2016
isnt this a dirigible/airship?...its a balloon na
Re: World’s Largest Aircraft Leaves Its Hangar For The First Time(pictures) by hardywaltz(m): 8:20pm On Aug 09, 2016
Good
Re: World’s Largest Aircraft Leaves Its Hangar For The First Time(pictures) by Nobody: 8:21pm On Aug 09, 2016
seeing this, titanic comes to mind

3 Likes

Re: World’s Largest Aircraft Leaves Its Hangar For The First Time(pictures) by Nobody: 8:21pm On Aug 09, 2016
Engineers Rock !
Re: World’s Largest Aircraft Leaves Its Hangar For The First Time(pictures) by Idrismusty97(m): 8:21pm On Aug 09, 2016
"...And can carry only 48 people." Next! This is what Nigerians commonly term Big for Nothing. undecided
CaptEColeJnr:
What fuckery is this? undecided

It cost £25 million and took over 10 years build and yet it can only carry 48 people and fly 4000 feet undecided

It's just structurally big but internally useless
Lalasticlala,I no wan see dis for front-page
Well one merit is that it is flown remotely and can stay in air for 3 weeks. That's for those who want to be in air endlessly looking at what? Clouds? If it were space exploration it would be better.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: World’s Largest Aircraft Leaves Its Hangar For The First Time(pictures) by saint047(m): 8:21pm On Aug 09, 2016
Smart phone = dumb battery

Big plane with useless capabilities

3 Likes

Re: World’s Largest Aircraft Leaves Its Hangar For The First Time(pictures) by DIVINE78: 8:22pm On Aug 09, 2016
youngest85:
The Lord is Good
To me especially.

5 Likes

Re: World’s Largest Aircraft Leaves Its Hangar For The First Time(pictures) by Nobody: 8:22pm On Aug 09, 2016
Re: World’s Largest Aircraft Leaves Its Hangar For The First Time(pictures) by Nobody: 8:22pm On Aug 09, 2016
Only the US ARMY can waste millions of dollars on a practically irrelevant aircraft.

Next time leave the sky machines to the air force.

Proudly US AIRFORCE....Loading 15%

2 Likes

Re: World’s Largest Aircraft Leaves Its Hangar For The First Time(pictures) by Sunnycliff(m): 8:22pm On Aug 09, 2016
God created man and man made many inventions!

Psalms 106:39 Thus were they defiled with their own works, and went a whoring with their own inventions.

Proverbs 8:12 I wisdom dwell with prudence, and find out knowledge of witty inventions.

Ecclesiastes 7:29 Lo, this only have I found, that God hath made man upright; but they have sought out many inventions.

I pray we don't lose sight of the existence of God when we consider the great works of our hands as mortals!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: World’s Largest Aircraft Leaves Its Hangar For The First Time(pictures) by ILoveToFuCcK: 8:23pm On Aug 09, 2016
Who largest plane Eppp

1 Like

Re: World’s Largest Aircraft Leaves Its Hangar For The First Time(pictures) by NOBODYY: 8:23pm On Aug 09, 2016
Titanic V.2

1 Like

Re: World’s Largest Aircraft Leaves Its Hangar For The First Time(pictures) by frubben(m): 8:24pm On Aug 09, 2016
Chai!!! This people are really creative oooo
While we are busy fighting wether to wear makeup
Wether to marry who sabi cook
Wether beads good or not
Or wether we go marry girl may come from redeem.
No wonder they are always 50 step ahead

15 Likes

Re: World’s Largest Aircraft Leaves Its Hangar For The First Time(pictures) by kgr8mike(m): 8:24pm On Aug 09, 2016
While Nigeria MPs are busy padding budget for their personal consumption other MPs are putting research and technological development as paramount in their budgets, funding projects of 10 years to finality.

But here money for such projects are laundered into privates pockets and used to sponsor terrorist groups so that we end up chasing shadows, chasing Boko Haram while others are sky rocketing.

I support restructuring of Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: World’s Largest Aircraft Leaves Its Hangar For The First Time(pictures) by HRich(m): 8:24pm On Aug 09, 2016
Ok. I have SAWED IT.
Re: World’s Largest Aircraft Leaves Its Hangar For The First Time(pictures) by BoosBae(f): 8:25pm On Aug 09, 2016
Wetin consine me?? Next please!!.... Op when Nigeria has made hers, then you can let me know
Re: World’s Largest Aircraft Leaves Its Hangar For The First Time(pictures) by ifenes(m): 8:25pm On Aug 09, 2016
youngest85:
The Lord is Good

The European lords you meant

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: World’s Largest Aircraft Leaves Its Hangar For The First Time(pictures) by mightyleks(m): 8:25pm On Aug 09, 2016
Airballon they mean to say
Re: World’s Largest Aircraft Leaves Its Hangar For The First Time(pictures) by mightyhaze: 8:25pm On Aug 09, 2016
faitheverest:
Ndi ocha. ...
ha di too much!

Just negodu ugbo enu,.. sad

2 Likes

Re: World’s Largest Aircraft Leaves Its Hangar For The First Time(pictures) by ifenes(m): 8:26pm On Aug 09, 2016
Sunnycliff:
God created man and man made many inventions!

Psalms 106:39 Thus were they defiled with their own works, and went a whoring with their own inventions.

Proverbs 8:12 I wisdom dwell with prudence, and find out knowledge of witty inventions.

Ecclesiastes 7:29 Lo, this only have I found, that God hath made man upright; but they have sought out many inventions.

I pray we don't lose sight of the existence of God when we consider the great works of our hands as mortals!

It is now obvious immortals(humans) are the gods

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Where Can I Relocate To Abroad With 2million Naira? / Kunle Adeyanju Arrives Africa With Bike (Photo) / National Park Abuja Video, Photo: You Won't Believe This Place Exist In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.