Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,176 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:09 AM

‘all Nigerians Must Rise Against Increasing Attacks On Military Personnel’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘all Nigerians Must Rise Against Increasing Attacks On Military Personnel’ (1155 Views)

Ekiti 2018: Four PDP Governorship Aspirants Rise Against Fayose / Lawyers Speak On Military Declaration Of IPOB As Terrorist Group / Photo Of Soldier Killed After Boko Haram Attack On Military Zone In Borno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘all Nigerians Must Rise Against Increasing Attacks On Military Personnel’ by SaiNigeria: 4:06pm On Aug 09, 2016
The Stand Up for Nigeria (SUN) has condemned increased attacks on military personnel by armed groups, urging Nigerians to rise in unison in condemning the attacks on the Army in the strongest terms possible. Army The group in a statement by its Country Director, Patriot Sunday Attah, said these attacks are deliberate attempts to not only test the strength of our security personnel but also ostensibly as a means of testing the waters for a more sinister objective.

He said, “On August 7, 2016 11 soldiers were confirmed killed by persons now identified as gunrunners in Kopa, Dagma and Gagaw villages of Bosso Local Government Area, Niger State. In the space of barely 24 hours on Monday August 8, 2016 three soldiers were again killed in an attack on a military checkpoint at Tombi waterside in Nembe, Bayelsa State. “Both instances mark an escalation of attacks targeting military personnel in the course of their legitimate duty to fatherland.

The incidence were also linked with the quest by criminal elements to build up intimidating arsenal; the killers in Niger state were protecting their cache of weapons while the so-called sea bandits in Bayelsa reportedly made away with a gunboat belonging to the military and two K2 rifles.” He said there are sinister objectives to the attacks, while also commending those that have spoken out against these growing attacks against the military. He said, “Our position it that just as the lives of those the military personnel protect are important so also are their own lives to their families.
Nigerians must therefore be in unison in condemning the attacks on the Army in the strongest terms possible. We must also go a step further by providing information that will help security agencies in tracking down these criminals even before they commit crimes.” He further condemned what he described as associated trend where elites, politicians or ethnic leaders try to cover for criminals by falsely claiming the military attacked civilians.

“In our thinking, people who could kill 11 soldiers in a single attack are no longer civilians while those who provide cover and logistics to such killer groups are as involved as the murderers. “A situation where the senator representing Niger East Senatorial District, David Umoru politicized the killing in Niger state is a disservice to the country as any political gain from playing to the gallery would be short lived and could potentially come to haunt the state. “Senator Umoru should have explored how to support the military in ridding his district of criminals that were stockpiling arms instead of trying to cover the connection his constituents have with the recovered weapon caches, which have been described as capable of destabilizing neighboring states,” said the statement.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/08/nigerians-must-rise-increasing-attacks-military-personnel/
Re: ‘all Nigerians Must Rise Against Increasing Attacks On Military Personnel’ by merry02(m): 4:11pm On Aug 09, 2016
rubbish.....when the same Military killed unarmed protesters in Aba and the shiites in Zaria under Buhari's government, who rant?

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘all Nigerians Must Rise Against Increasing Attacks On Military Personnel’ by SaiNigeria: 4:12pm On Aug 09, 2016
What rubbish and inconsequential group is this......where were they when the same soldiers massacred thousands of Igbos in cold blood??

Which Nigerians are they even referring to undecided

The ones demotivated by hunger or the ones mourning the death of over 500 Shiite Muslims in Kaduna; the death of over 200 peaceful protesters in Onitsha; the death 100 Ijaws in Bayelsa and thousands of singular cases across the country.

This hypocritical group should take the back seat joor.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘all Nigerians Must Rise Against Increasing Attacks On Military Personnel’ by iyobosadavid: 4:17pm On Aug 09, 2016
saiNDAvengers:
What rubbish and inconsequential group is this......where were they when the same soldiers massacred thousands of Igbos in cold blood??

Which Nigerians are they even referring to undecided

The ones demotivated by hunger or the ones mourning the death of over 500 Shiite Muslims in Kaduna; the death of over 200 peaceful protesters in Onitsha; the death 100 Ijaws in Bayelsa and thousands of singular cases across the country.

This hypocritical group should take the back seat joor.
I know you created this thread, just to type rubbish

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘all Nigerians Must Rise Against Increasing Attacks On Military Personnel’ by limeta(f): 4:21pm On Aug 09, 2016
Why start in the first place,
is the reason solved.
or just bully to submission you want.
Re: ‘all Nigerians Must Rise Against Increasing Attacks On Military Personnel’ by Abeymills(m): 4:21pm On Aug 09, 2016
May thunder strike dis yeye group bubuhari now use military 2 disarm innocent defenceless villagers been killed by his brothers herdsmen yeye govt

3 Likes

Re: ‘all Nigerians Must Rise Against Increasing Attacks On Military Personnel’ by Sunnycliff(m): 4:24pm On Aug 09, 2016
I feel terribly bad seeing the corpse of our military men littered on the internet.

I don't know whether we have military intelligence in this country. Its disheartening and makes the world see our army as unprofessional!

2 Likes

Re: ‘all Nigerians Must Rise Against Increasing Attacks On Military Personnel’ by SaiNigeria: 4:28pm On Aug 09, 2016
iyobosadavid:
I know you created this thread, just to type rubbish

The Army killed young Biafran youths that were praying and these unscrupulous group did not find any voice to condemn it.

Now the soldiers had gotten a taste of what it means to kill without provocation and there is this noise that they are serving their fatherland.

8 Likes

Re: ‘all Nigerians Must Rise Against Increasing Attacks On Military Personnel’ by SaiNigeria: 4:31pm On Aug 09, 2016
Sunnycliff:
I feel terribly bad seeing the corpse of our military men littered on the internet.

I don't know whether we have military intelligence in this country. Its disheartening and makes the world see our army as unprofessional!

But you ejarculate on seeing the bodies of unarmed protesters littered on the internet abi

Don't worry....what goes around will definitely come around

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘all Nigerians Must Rise Against Increasing Attacks On Military Personnel’ by cktheluckyman: 4:43pm On Aug 09, 2016
I lost sympathy for the Nigerian army after the may 30 massacres in onitsha.I hope the perpetrators of those atrocious acts face justice.I don't even care if that justice is been exerted by Boko Haram or Niger delta militants

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘all Nigerians Must Rise Against Increasing Attacks On Military Personnel’ by macluvph1(m): 4:43pm On Aug 09, 2016
Whenever i hear bad story about these genocidist we call soldiers i smile and rejoice because all they know is to kill innocent citizens which they are meant to protect and want me to pity for them when our somalia,libyan and morrocan boys are dealing with them.

They should get ready for these fights against Shekau boko haram group,Al barnawi boko haram group,small factions of militant groups and Almighty Avengers.

Gush all these in one nation just because the president is dull and living in a mirage world with the most cunny and trickish advisers.

I weep for this cesspit nation.

3 Likes

Re: ‘all Nigerians Must Rise Against Increasing Attacks On Military Personnel’ by Sunnycliff(m): 4:52pm On Aug 09, 2016
saiNDAvengers:

But you ejaculate on seeing the bodies of unarmed protesters littered on the internet abi

Don't worry....what goes around will definitely come around

I don't support that too
Re: ‘all Nigerians Must Rise Against Increasing Attacks On Military Personnel’ by ojun50(m): 4:54pm On Aug 09, 2016
My 2hand her are up bt my leg nd body no go rise up for yeye people
Re: ‘all Nigerians Must Rise Against Increasing Attacks On Military Personnel’ by Bobandgreat: 5:17pm On Aug 09, 2016
Buhari uses these people to massacre innocent women and children. Yet this group says nothing. Now karma has visited the murderers they want us to be aggrieved. Buhari can meet his fellow corrupt tyrant OBJ all he wants. The highest he can do is to massacre innocent civilians as usual. Odi, IPOB, Zakibiam, Shiite come to mind.

1 Like

Re: ‘all Nigerians Must Rise Against Increasing Attacks On Military Personnel’ by Nature8(m): 5:40pm On Aug 09, 2016
Hmm, when are we gonna have peace in this country?
Re: ‘all Nigerians Must Rise Against Increasing Attacks On Military Personnel’ by onyepapa(m): 6:07pm On Aug 09, 2016
una father left nash there!! Rise for who? Who go come rise for us? Huger wan finish people here una no call for RISE agnts huger na to call for rise for those hopeless men? una father again!

1 Like

Re: ‘all Nigerians Must Rise Against Increasing Attacks On Military Personnel’ by usba: 6:12pm On Aug 09, 2016
cktheluckyman:
I lost sympathy for the Nigerian army after the may 30 massacres in onitsha.I hope the perpetrators of those atrocious acts face justice.I don't even care if that justice is been exerted by Boko Haram or Niger delta militants

May your prayer be upon you and your family . amen

1 Like

Re: ‘all Nigerians Must Rise Against Increasing Attacks On Military Personnel’ by SaiNigeria: 6:13pm On Aug 09, 2016
Nature8:
Hmm, when are we gonna have peace in this country?

Only when we go our separate ways
Re: ‘all Nigerians Must Rise Against Increasing Attacks On Military Personnel’ by myshoe: 6:21pm On Aug 09, 2016
Yes! niGERian Army is just reaping what it sowed. When it was killing harmless and peaceful protesters and Shiite muslims, what was it thinking? That a day of reckoning is not coming? May Chukwu Okike Abiama continue to take the justice of Karma to those murderers in uniform...

2 Likes

Re: ‘all Nigerians Must Rise Against Increasing Attacks On Military Personnel’ by Almajiri1: 6:55pm On Aug 09, 2016
It's amazing how the military massacred over 1000 Shiites who never killed a single solider.perhaps,the military are reaping what they sowed?

1 Like

Re: ‘all Nigerians Must Rise Against Increasing Attacks On Military Personnel’ by myshoe: 7:02pm On Aug 09, 2016
cktheluckyman:
Gbam! Same here. I lost any remaining likeness that I had for the contraption called niGERia after witnessing the unprovoked massacre of Igbo youths on 30th May, 2016 @Nkpor. Infact, I don't even want the exerting of justice from those murderous criminals in uniforms to be limited to themselves only. I don't even mind that it extends to their loved ones. As they made parents childless and children parentless so I wish and pray for them.
Re: ‘all Nigerians Must Rise Against Increasing Attacks On Military Personnel’ by amaechi1: 7:10pm On Aug 09, 2016
Those supporting this killings should be careful for what they wish for. They might be the next target of the bullet.
Re: ‘all Nigerians Must Rise Against Increasing Attacks On Military Personnel’ by Mboi: 7:23pm On Aug 09, 2016
saiNDAvengers:
The Stand Up for Nigeria (SUN) has condemned increased attacks on military personnel by armed groups, urging Nigerians to rise in unison in condemning the attacks on the Army in the strongest terms possible. Army The group in a statement by its Country Director, Patriot Sunday Attah, said these attacks are deliberate attempts to not only test the strength of our security personnel but also ostensibly as a means of testing the waters for a more sinister objective.

He said, “On August 7, 2016 11 soldiers were confirmed killed by persons now identified as gunrunners in Kopa, Dagma and Gagaw villages of Bosso Local Government Area, Niger State. In the space of barely 24 hours on Monday August 8, 2016 three soldiers were again killed in an attack on a military checkpoint at Tombi waterside in Nembe, Bayelsa State. “Both instances mark an escalation of attacks targeting military personnel in the course of their legitimate duty to fatherland.

The incidence were also linked with the quest by criminal elements to build up intimidating arsenal; the killers in Niger state were protecting their cache of weapons while the so-called sea bandits in Bayelsa reportedly made away with a gunboat belonging to the military and two K2 rifles.” He said there are sinister objectives to the attacks, while also commending those that have spoken out against these growing attacks against the military. He said, “Our position it that just as the lives of those the military personnel protect are important so also are their own lives to their families.
Nigerians must therefore be in unison in condemning the attacks on the Army in the strongest terms possible. We must also go a step further by providing information that will help security agencies in tracking down these criminals even before they commit crimes.” He further condemned what he described as associated trend where elites, politicians or ethnic leaders try to cover for criminals by falsely claiming the military attacked civilians.

“In our thinking, people who could kill 11 soldiers in a single attack are no longer civilians while those who provide cover and logistics to such killer groups are as involved as the murderers. “A situation where the senator representing Niger East Senatorial District, David Umoru politicized the killing in Niger state is a disservice to the country as any political gain from playing to the gallery would be short lived and could potentially come to haunt the state. “Senator Umoru should have explored how to support the military in ridding his district of criminals that were stockpiling arms instead of trying to cover the connection his constituents have with the recovered weapon caches, which have been described as capable of destabilizing neighboring states,” said the statement.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/08/nigerians-must-rise-increasing-attacks-military-personnel/
Have you called Nigerians to rise against Soldiers killing armless IPOB during a peaceful protest?
Have you called Nigerians to rise against Fulani herdsmen that are killing villagers in Enugu and Benue state? How much are they paying you? A young man like you reasoning with his anus.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘all Nigerians Must Rise Against Increasing Attacks On Military Personnel’ by ckmayoca: 7:29pm On Aug 09, 2016
Police, army and others signed agreement to protect us the citizen and not citizens fighting to protect the army cos civilians have no power to fight or arrest.

May God fight their fight for them not we.
Re: ‘all Nigerians Must Rise Against Increasing Attacks On Military Personnel’ by ckmayoca: 7:31pm On Aug 09, 2016
Police, army and others signed agreement to protect us the citizen with thier life and not citizens fighting to protect the army cos civilians have no power to fight or arrest.

May God fight their fight for them not we.
Re: ‘all Nigerians Must Rise Against Increasing Attacks On Military Personnel’ by orisa37: 7:46pm On Aug 09, 2016
11 Soldiers killed in Niger State? This is too serious. I suggest a Committee of Gowon, OBJ and Abu. Abdulsalami to investigate the remote causes of this attack on our Military.
Re: ‘all Nigerians Must Rise Against Increasing Attacks On Military Personnel’ by cktheluckyman: 7:58pm On Aug 09, 2016
usba:

May your prayer be upon you and your family . amen
My prayers would be upon soldiers who shot defenseless civilians, if you are one of them, you will all end up like that

(1) (Reply)

Meet Helen Mukoro Idisi,a Nigerian, Who Contested For Presidency In Spain / Waiting To Hear That Ambulance Chaser, Falana Defend The DSS Raid On Judges / Emir Of Katsina's Marriage To 14 Year Old Habiba By Reno Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.