Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,353 members, 7,800,704 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:36 AM

The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge: Top 10 Facts You Should Know - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge: Top 10 Facts You Should Know (31380 Views)

The Proposed Oshodi-Abule Egba BRT Route: 11 Things To Know (PHOTOS) / The Proposed MKO Abiola International Airport Osogbo, Osun State (Photo) / The Proposed Umueri International Cargo Airport: 8 Facts To Note (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge: Top 10 Facts You Should Know by nicefaze: 6:13pm On Aug 09, 2016
The proposed 4th mainland bridge is set to be one of the highlights of the Governor Ambode-led Lagos state government.[b][/b]

Like the 1st, 2nd and 3rd bridges, it is aimed at connecting the mainland of Lagos to the island, reducing traffic on the roads and generally making transportation within Lagos easier.Here are 10 interesting facts you need to know about this bridge:

1.Began with Tinubu
The idea for the 4th mainland bridge first cameup in the Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu administration, almost 14 years ago, so it is not at all a new idea. However, back then, the needed indices to achieve the construction were not available.

2. MOU was signed in May 2015
In May 2015, Governor Akinwunmi Ambode took a bold step by signing a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with a consortium of firms and finance houses for the construction of the 4th mainland bridge.

3. Obstacles
During its conception and design, the government had to stop several times, when faced with about 3,000 structures that will affect the bridge’s right of way since its conception.

4. 2200 houses saved
To continue the construction, a new alignment design concept was produced. This new concept will save about 2,200 houses from being destroyed. This means that there will be a huge reduction in amount that will be spent on compensation.

5. Total length of the bridge

The 4th mainland bridge when completed will be 38 kilometres long. Coming almost 50 yearsafter the state’s existence and 26 years after the delivery of the third mainland bridgeby the ex-military President Ibrahim Babangida.

6. Longest Bridge

The project when completed will give birth to the longest of all the bridges connecting LagosIsland to the mainland, the 4th mainland bridge.

7. Places it will pass through

According to Ganiyu Johnson, the Commissioner for Works and Infrastructure, the bridge will pass through Lekki, Langbasa, and Baiyeku towns, on the Lagoon estuaries toItamaga, in Ikorodu.

8. Details

The bridge will serve as a complement to the Eko, Carter and Third Mainland Bridges and serve to deflood traffic. It will also have a four lane dual carriage way bridge.Each lane, comprising three lanes with two metres wide shoulder on each side, and a generous median on each side to accommodate future expansion and light rail facility.

9. Special feature

Explaining a special feature, which he describes as “the heart.” Johnson said:“This two level bridge will not only function as a means of transportation on its upper level, but would also stimulate and accommodate social, commercial and cultural interaction of pedestrians never before experienced in these parts on such terrains on its lower level to givea typical “Lagos Life” feel, with its tropical environment and intimate street level exchanges.”

10. Cost

The 4th mainland bridge will cost N844.4 billion. The project is to be financed by Africa Finance Corporation, Access Bank and other private investors who have already signified intention to be part of the construction, while Visible Assets Limited would be the coordinating firm.

Source?; https://www.naij.com/921517-top-10-facts-need-know-proposed-4th-mainland-bridge.html?

Eyin omo eko, eko oni baje ooooooooo

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge: Top 10 Facts You Should Know by chriskosherbal(m): 6:16pm On Aug 09, 2016
Ok

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge: Top 10 Facts You Should Know by donbenedict(m): 6:18pm On Aug 09, 2016
845 billion naira shocked

Thunder fire economic recession! grin

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge: Top 10 Facts You Should Know by Dannyset(m): 6:25pm On Aug 09, 2016
This is a good one for Lagosians(indigenes and non), and especially Ikorodu residents, cos it's going to open that town to the world. Tho some will cry but all should smile at the long run.
Kudos to Lagos Govt.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge: Top 10 Facts You Should Know by Horlufemi(m): 6:25pm On Aug 09, 2016
donbenedict:
845 billion naira shocked

Thunder fire economic recession! grin
Bridge business is serious business

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge: Top 10 Facts You Should Know by nicefaze: 6:38pm On Aug 09, 2016
Ambode is working!!!!!!!!!!

18 Likes

Re: The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge: Top 10 Facts You Should Know by DaudaAbu(m): 6:51pm On Aug 09, 2016
Ambode's dualization of epe road to its boundary with ogun state also another laudable achievememt

This is an LG that is as old as the state itself yet remain backwards infrastructurally

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge: Top 10 Facts You Should Know by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:56pm On Aug 09, 2016
Choi cool cool
Amazing cool
38km cool Kudos to the Southwestearners

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge: Top 10 Facts You Should Know by prosperity2016: 7:03pm On Aug 09, 2016
the worst injustice in the hx of mankind is the failure of FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OF THE NORTH TO CONNECT BONNY ISLAND TO PORT-HARCOURT.
despite raking billions of naira yearly from the place.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge: Top 10 Facts You Should Know by Fataiwo(m): 7:45pm On Aug 09, 2016
eeeeeeeeeeehhnnnnn!!!!

I was here...
Re: The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge: Top 10 Facts You Should Know by seunny4lif(m): 7:59pm On Aug 09, 2016
Good
But hmmmm
That money shocked shocked shocked
Na brigde to heaven shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge: Top 10 Facts You Should Know by segebase(m): 8:27pm On Aug 09, 2016
my company still designing d bridge
Re: The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge: Top 10 Facts You Should Know by Zico5(m): 8:29pm On Aug 09, 2016
Personally I don't believe in party system but individual sagacity. Ambode antecedent will be the greatest in lagos state if he could achieve this feat. He has shown himself to be someone that mean business. 4th mainland bridge will portray lagos as the mega city in Africa and world at large. Let's keep the ball rolling.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge: Top 10 Facts You Should Know by kennyman2000(m): 8:31pm On Aug 09, 2016
Looking at the cost of the bridge. Got nothing to say than "money dey where he dey"

7 Likes

Re: The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge: Top 10 Facts You Should Know by adeoba2008(m): 8:32pm On Aug 09, 2016
Good one but that cost ehn ....

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge: Top 10 Facts You Should Know by oriakofe(m): 8:34pm On Aug 09, 2016
nice step.
Re: The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge: Top 10 Facts You Should Know by oriakofe(m): 8:35pm On Aug 09, 2016
wait...... for how long. construction duration.
Re: The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge: Top 10 Facts You Should Know by ERONX(m): 8:36pm On Aug 09, 2016
845 billion naira that's huge

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge: Top 10 Facts You Should Know by SafeAlhaji(m): 8:37pm On Aug 09, 2016
seunny4lif:
Good But hmmmm That money shocked shocked shocked Na brigde to heaven shocked shocked shocked
No na bridge to hell

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge: Top 10 Facts You Should Know by hakeem4(m): 8:37pm On Aug 09, 2016
Okay I'm happy
Re: The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge: Top 10 Facts You Should Know by YINKS89(m): 8:39pm On Aug 09, 2016
hmmmmm. ..
... no comment.
Re: The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge: Top 10 Facts You Should Know by opalu: 8:40pm On Aug 09, 2016
There is no wisdom in saving thousands of houses thereby resulting in the project cost running into hundreds of billions!!
As a Civil Engineer, I understand that when you alter the alignment of the highway leading to the bridge, you automatically increase of decrease the cost of construction. In this case, I could advise the state government to reduce the length of this bridge! There are certain points of closest proximity whereby the 4th Mainland bridge could be the shortest. It is called line of best fit.

I just want to be sure contractor or financier is short-changing the government. My M.Sc project was on the Extension of the Structural Lifespan of the 3rd Mainland bridge. I discovered several troubling issues that both my professors or the professionals representing the FG on the project did not know. Truth is that the 4th Mainland doesn't have any business being that long or that costly. I am entitled to my views. No govt person should call my number!

God help Nigeria.

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge: Top 10 Facts You Should Know by Hanibal(m): 8:42pm On Aug 09, 2016
With this spate of infrastructural development, Lagos will in no distant future host the Olympic games

10 Likes

Re: The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge: Top 10 Facts You Should Know by yinchar(m): 8:43pm On Aug 09, 2016
[size=16pt]Eko oni baje o[/size]

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge: Top 10 Facts You Should Know by opalu: 8:44pm On Aug 09, 2016
Ok
Re: The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge: Top 10 Facts You Should Know by jazzy4naija(m): 8:45pm On Aug 09, 2016

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge: Top 10 Facts You Should Know by Handsomecole(m): 8:47pm On Aug 09, 2016
Will it be finer than Onitsha head bridge?? cheesy grin
Re: The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge: Top 10 Facts You Should Know by Waspy(m): 8:47pm On Aug 09, 2016
For that amount (N844 billion) and the present economic conditions of the country, I would prefer if a power plant or refinery or functioning industries or at least a Mega rail project is done

Long term Revenue generating and Job creating projects are what we as Nigerians should be thinking of.. .Not some fancy bridge that will take up little available monies and huge loans/ debts

But then, what do I know. When we get to the bridge. ..

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge: Top 10 Facts You Should Know by DisGuy: 8:54pm On Aug 09, 2016
prosperity2016:
the worst injustice in the hx of mankind is the failure of FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OF THE NORTH TO CONNECT BONNY ISLAND TO PORT-HARCOURT.

The SG and private can pull it off no?

6 Likes

Re: The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge: Top 10 Facts You Should Know by Thisis2raw(m): 8:56pm On Aug 09, 2016
Eko ni baje
Re: The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge: Top 10 Facts You Should Know by iamOlumide(m): 8:58pm On Aug 09, 2016
Eyin Omo Eko da✔

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge: Top 10 Facts You Should Know by CaptainMarvel(m): 8:59pm On Aug 09, 2016
prosperity2016:
Thought GEJ, a son of the south south just served six years! why didnt He?

39 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top 10 Most Visited Cities In Africa / I Want To Relocate To Lagos From Port Harcourt / Pictures Of Abiriba - The Small London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.