Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:25 AM

MEND Replies Goodluck Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MEND Replies Goodluck Jonathan (35361 Views)

Mend's Charles Okah Fakes Escape From Custody (pics) / MEND Replies To Former President Goodluck Jonathan / Patience And Goodluck Jonathan On A Date In New Jersey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

MEND Replies Goodluck Jonathan by sparrowkid: 9:59pm On Aug 09, 2016
The Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND) has issued a press release in response to former President Goodluck Jonathan's statement on MEND in which he denied allegations that he was one of the sponsors of the Niger Delta Avengers. In it, the group claims that Mr. Jonathan's failure to address the Niger Delta's challenges led to the formation of MEND.

Read the MEND press release below:

1. The attention of the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND) has been drawn to a statement issued by one Ikechukwu Eze, on behalf of former President Goodluck Jonathan purporting to dissociate the former President from the allegation leveled against him by the Reformed Niger Delta Avengers (RNDA) that, the former President was the Grand Patron of the Niger Delta Avengers (NDA).

2. With all due respect, the entire statement was deeply provocative and embarrassingly misconceived as it woefully failed to address the core the issue of whether or not; the former President was indeed, the Grand Patron of the NDA.

3. Rather, the statement employed diversionary Tactics which dwelt extensively on sour grapes! Any follower of events in Nigeria and the Niger Delta who was privileged to read the statement released by Mr. Jonathan would immediately observe that the former President had a score to settle with the Okah brothers as well as with MEND who have since May 30, 2014, stopped attacks on Nigeria's oil and gas assets; and are currently engaged in dialogue with the Federal Government to find sustainable ways and means of ending the festering Niger Delta crises which were exacerbated by the former President's ineptitude, incompetence and corruption during the 6years he governed the country.

4. Indeed, the problem in the Niger Delta today has nothing to do with the current Administration of President Muhammadu Buhari. Far from it! The problem is simply, the failure of Mr. Jonathan to address the root issues confronting the region when he was at the helm. Even though he was from the impoverished region; and had, by his own admission in numerous electioneering campaigns, experienced the utter poverty and abject neglect of the region foisted by successive Nigerian Governments and the International Oil Companies since the discovery of oil in 1958 at Oloibiri (a few meters away from his native Otuoke) in Bayelsa state, Mr. Jonathan disappointingly frittered away the opportunity to rescue his people when the Nigerian Presidency fortuitously landed on his laps, virtually on a platter of gold. For 6 whole years, Mr. Jonathan was busy drinking, making merry and generally chasing shadows at the State House. Such a fellow deserves to be ostracized from the assembly of reasonable men; because the Nigerian Presidency might never comeback to the Niger Delta region as cheap as it came to Mr. Jonathan; perhaps, in the next 100 years.

5. Lest we forget, MEND was at the forefront of the armed struggle back in 2006/2007 which forced the then Government of President Olusegun Obasanjo to consider the option of drafting an Ijaw into the mainstream of Nigerian politics. That was how the perpetually timid and naïve Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan became Vice President and later, President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. When he assumed the reins as President, he did the unthinkable; he tracked down perceived MEND leaders and promptly got them imprisoned on a trumped-up charge of attempt to assassinate him. Up until today, Mr. Jonathan is still suffering from an assassination paranoia complex (APC).

6. Secondly, a substantial portion of Mr. Jonathan’s statement, unfortunately, dwelt on judicial matters which are pending in various courts in Nigeria and South Africa. For instance, Mr. Henry Okah's Appeal in South Africa's Supreme Court is due for Hearing this August; while his brother, Charles' ongoing trial in Nigeria is pending before Hon. Justice Gabriel Kolawole of the Federal High Court in Abuja.

7. The former President's statement was therefore, most highly contemptuous, injurious to the credit of MEND and the Okah brothers; and, above all, prejudicial to the eventual outcome of the ongoing trials in South African and Nigerian courts, respectively. Consequently, both brothers shall, on account of the former President's prejudicial statement, institute legal action against him in South Africa and Nigeria within 60 days, commencing from today, August 9, 2016. Accordingly, they have briefed their respective Solicitors to formally engage the former President in litigation.

8. Back to the core issue. MEND cannot hold brief for the RNDA who pointedly accused Mr. Jonathan of complicity in fueling the ongoing Niger Delta crisis; and patronizing the NDA, apparently for political reasons. We are however, quick to point out the fact that, the RNDA has merely vindicated MEND's belief and conviction that, the former President and his cronies who lost the 2015 Presidential election were using the illegal and treasonable NDA platform to destabilize President Buhari's Government.

9. Finally, MEND is committed to working with the current Administration to bring peace, stability and development to the Niger Delta region. The process has since commenced with the constitution of the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT-MEND AARON TEAM 2, Dialogue, Peace and Development Initiative. Between August 22, 2016 and October 7, 2016 the AaronTeam shall embark on a tour of the Niger Delta region. The proposed tour is code-named "OPERATION MOSES." The key focus of the tour is to persuade militants to ceasefire and support President Muhammadu Buhari in his determined and sincere effort to develop the region. The tour shall also help to boost Nigeria's oil production capacity as well as improve host community relations with oil and gas companies in the country.

JOMO GBOMO

http://saharareporters.com/2016/08/09/mend-replies-former-president-goodluck-jonathan

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: MEND Replies Goodluck Jonathan by Onix01: 10:13pm On Aug 09, 2016
In as much as I respect Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, I can as well see that he was scared of the strength and might of MEND prior to his emergence as Mr. President. The big mistake he did was creating division between members of MEND and painting the OKAH brothers black while exonerated and dinned with the Tompolos. This might have been due to bad advisers at that point in time. However, like I use to say Mr. Jonathan was too young then to pick all the unnecessary fight during his regime. This might come back to witch-hunt him. My advise to MEND is to forgive and pardon him and let peace reign. He meant well for the Nation, though he felt stealing isn't corruption.

113 Likes 9 Shares

Re: MEND Replies Goodluck Jonathan by waleadex(m): 10:19pm On Aug 09, 2016
No man can ever be perfect no matter his position. GEJ for all I care could be bad for the whole of his tenure but that one day job he did by handing over to PMB peacefully should keep earning him an eternal honour.

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: MEND Replies Goodluck Jonathan by feldido(m): 10:24pm On Aug 09, 2016
MEND's replies shows they are PRO APC and are behind the RNDA,
My question is, what did GEJ do to deserve assassination?
Remember he just got into power.

GEJ too needs to tell us what he has with Mend that they keep Taunting him.

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: MEND Replies Goodluck Jonathan by iyobosadavid: 10:28pm On Aug 09, 2016
Jonathan is a big disgrace to the Niger Delta. Quote me make Aarikrimormor visit you when ever you are alone.

74 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MEND Replies Goodluck Jonathan by Flexherbal(m): 10:51pm On Aug 09, 2016
They are all one.
Re: MEND Replies Goodluck Jonathan by yarimo(m): 10:53pm On Aug 09, 2016
If you like kill him that is your problem abeg.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: MEND Replies Goodluck Jonathan by bonechamberlain(m): 10:54pm On Aug 09, 2016
MEND, APC militant arm, provide proof of gej's involvement in NDA or keep quiet.

13 Likes

Re: MEND Replies Goodluck Jonathan by 175(m): 10:56pm On Aug 09, 2016
. Finally, MEND is committed to working with the
current Administration to bring peace, stability and
development to the Niger Delta region. The process
has since commenced with the constitution of the
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT-MEND AARON TEAM 2,

Crazy group looking for relevance as soon as they noticed that NDA already stole their shine from them.

22 Likes

Re: MEND Replies Goodluck Jonathan by socialmediaman: 10:59pm On Aug 09, 2016
Re: MEND Replies Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 11:00pm On Aug 09, 2016
A biased news coming from a biased source, posted by a nairaland biased OP who highlighted all vituperative phrases against Jonathan with inimical, libelous intentions.

Jonathan left an empty treasury
Jonathan left only $26
Jonathan did not save for the rainy day
Jonathan bought no weapons
Jonathan bought substandard weapons
Jonathan traveled to see Obama with 545 delegates while Buhari went with 33
Jonathan is responsible for economic recession
Jonathan built no road
Jonathan covered economic recession during his regime
Jonathan invented Boko Haram to reduce Northern population
Jonathan is the Grand Patron of NDA

One thing about Jonathan is that he always gets vindicated, so when will Zombies learn?

67 Likes 5 Shares

Re: MEND Replies Goodluck Jonathan by phemmyutd(m): 11:01pm On Aug 09, 2016
I am waiting for what the Ugandans have to say to defend their abducted son and Hero

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: MEND Replies Goodluck Jonathan by Luckylife(m): 11:11pm On Aug 09, 2016
There is more to this MEND that Nigerians are thinking. Must they sound like APC during campaign for the ruling party to oil their group?

6 Likes

Re: MEND Replies Goodluck Jonathan by sparrowkid: 11:20pm On Aug 09, 2016
blueto:
A biased news coming from a biased source, posted by a nairaland biased OP who highlighted all vituperative phrases against Jonathan with inimical, libelous intentions.
One thing about Jonathan is that he always gets vindicated, so when will Zombies learn?

Say amen to this prayer:

May I lose all that I cherish in this life the day I believe any story from this source or use this same source as basis for any attack on any of my perceived enemies.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: MEND Replies Goodluck Jonathan by dafuturis(m): 11:29pm On Aug 09, 2016
I see pieces of truth in this report

testii come and see o

16 Likes

Re: MEND Replies Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 11:32pm On Aug 09, 2016
sparrowkid:

[s]
Say amen to this prayer:

May I lose all that I cherish in this life the day I believe any story from this source or use this same source as basis for any attack on any of my perceived enemies. [/s]
Reason with logic. we all know saharareporters, premium times and some others are APC propaganda media conduits. thus, we become surprised any time they come up with unexpected news that discredits APC govt, and we believe them because going to an extent of publishing such news depicts that the news is very tenable and indispensable.

I refuse to concur to that sham and illogical orison of yours.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: MEND Replies Goodluck Jonathan by jameseva: 11:58pm On Aug 09, 2016
waleadex:
No man can ever be perfect no matter his position. GEJ for I care could be bad for the whole of his tenure but that one day job he did by handing over to PMB peacefully should keep earning him an eternal knowledge.

Are you sane? shocked

20 Likes

Re: MEND Replies Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 12:07am On Aug 10, 2016
waleadex:
[s]No man can ever be perfect no matter his position. GEJ for I care could be bad for the whole of his tenure but that one day job he did by handing over to PMB peacefully should keep earning him an eternal knowledge.[/s]
What rubbish job?...would you have said this rubbish if it were Buhari? One day Job ko,6 year nonsense ni.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: MEND Replies Goodluck Jonathan by 4dor: 12:29am On Aug 10, 2016
feldido:
MEND's replies shows they are PRO APC and are behind the RNDA,
My question is, what did GEJ do to deserve assassination?
Remember he just got into power.

GEJ too needs to tell us what he has with Mend that they keep Taunting him.

This not news, prior to the election they already said they were supporting PMB.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: MEND Replies Goodluck Jonathan by AntiIPOOP(m): 1:22am On Aug 10, 2016
blueto:

Jonathan left an empty treasury
Jonathan left only $26
Jonathan did not save for the rainy day
Jonathan bought no weapons
Jonathan bought substandard weapons
Jonathan traveled to see Obama with 545 delegates while Buhari went with 33
Jonathan is responsible for economic recession
Jonathan built no road
Jonathan covered economic recession during his regime
Jonathan invented Boko Haram to reduce Northern population
Jonathan is the Grand Patron of NDA

With due respect, stop spamming the forum with this childish post.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: MEND Replies Goodluck Jonathan by AntiIPOOP(m): 1:26am On Aug 10, 2016
sparrowkid:

Say amen to this prayer:

May I lose all that I cherish in this life the day I believe any story from this source or use this same source as basis for any attack on any of my perceived enemies.
Wicked nigga grin

6 Likes

Re: MEND Replies Goodluck Jonathan by GoodofNaija: 2:00am On Aug 10, 2016
The press release in the third paragraph says "the festering Niger Delta crises which were exacerbated by the former President's ineptitude, incompetence and corruption during the 6years he governed the country. "

The undisputed description of GEJ. cheesy

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MEND Replies Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 2:46am On Aug 10, 2016
I must say that I am forced to agree with MEND. If GEJ had worked to restructure Nigeria during his tenure ND would have had less battles to fight.

His apparent lack of vision and inability to decisively action out the will of his people as a president will plague him till his last breadth. If at some point the calls for resource control becomes violent, the effect on the future of such a struggle will forever taint every legacy he hopes to leave behind.

It was terribly selfish and myopic for an ijaw man to enter Aso rock and come out without seeking to right the wrongs that has been done to that ethnic extraction

Let them sue him for all he is worth and let PMB send him to Kuje prison so he gets a taste of the kind of pain that is destroying SS today. In fact he doesn't deserve a hideaway in Otuoke.

For Zombies, statistics and every known indices on planet earth is showing that, GEJ and his team were 100x better than PMB and his gang of ineffectual buffoons. If they think excuses will calm the people continually then they are jokers. With each day the pain they inflict on Nigerians increase, it becomes more difficult for them to do their jobs and as they are turning saints to sinners faster than the even the devil himself can do, abacha's punishments will be small compared to their own

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MEND Replies Goodluck Jonathan by policy12: 3:44am On Aug 10, 2016
Neighbors on nairaland av u blame Gej today?

6 Likes

Re: MEND Replies Goodluck Jonathan by RZArecta(m): 3:53am On Aug 10, 2016
Who or what is MEND right now ? The top hierarchy of this group apart from Henry Okah who is in a South African jail and Tompolo who is on the run are solidly behind this APC led govt and are being "blessed" with pipeline security contracts in the Niger Delta region. MEND as we know it no longer exists as they're all beneficiaries of late president Yar'Adua amnesty package as generals, they jumped ship immediately Gej lost his election and pledged allegiance to Buhari. They've been used to commit mayhem by the presidency in ND states especially during election periods (Bayelsa as a case study) so under what clear non partisan authority are they talking ? I laugh

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: MEND Replies Goodluck Jonathan by Yyeske(m): 5:40am On Aug 10, 2016
policy12:
Neighbors on nairaland av u blame Gej today?
Yes because he's one of the major cause of the problems the country is facing presently

7 Likes

Re: MEND Replies Goodluck Jonathan by vedaxcool(m): 6:03am On Aug 10, 2016
RZArecta:
Who or what is MEND right now ? The top hierarchy of this group apart from Henry Okah who is in a South African jail and Tompolo who is on the run are solidly behind this APC led govt and are being "blessed" with pipeline security contracts in the Niger Delta region. MEND as we know it no longer exists as they're all beneficiaries of late president Yar'Adua amnesty package as generals, they jumped ship immediately Gej lost his election and pledged allegiance to Buhari. They've been used to commit mayhem by the presidency in ND states especially during election periods (Bayelsa as a case study) so under what clear non partisan authority are they talking ? I laugh

Being a tribal bigot means you will rearly be able to make sensible statement even if your life depended on it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: MEND Replies Goodluck Jonathan by Nnemuka(f): 6:30am On Aug 10, 2016
Clap for GEJ.....

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: MEND Replies Goodluck Jonathan by RZArecta(m): 6:38am On Aug 10, 2016
vedaxcool:

[s]Being a tribal bigot means you will rearly be able to make sensible statement even if your life depended on it[/s].
illiterate, it's not by force to use fancy English words

4 Likes

Re: MEND Replies Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 6:53am On Aug 10, 2016
Post Retracted.

1 Like

Re: MEND Replies Goodluck Jonathan by Progressive01(m): 6:56am On Aug 10, 2016
To all those asking for evidence for this, I ask: what shred of evidence did you people advance to prove Buhari sponsored BH. Even when he was almost killed by them, you people said it was staged!

Today, the chicken has come twerking all the way back home to roost and you are crying foul.

There was even more evidence to prove Jo sponsored BH than Buhari- ask Azazi's corpse, ask Stephen Davies!

And if you wanna talk about who made the statement that "a fight against BH is a fight against the north" which is all you people rely on, remember Jonathan called BH his "siblings" and he "couldn't send the army to wipe his family".

Furthermore, if you wanna talk about them nominating him to negotiate with the govt then on their behalf, then you would also agree that people like Wole Soyinka, Aniko Briggs, and all others who ever negotiated with the Yar Adua government and those about to negotiate with the Buhari's government on behalf of the Niger Delta terrorists are also terrorist sponsors!

10 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Atiku Responds To Allegation Of Being "Supreme Leader Of IPOB" (Photo) / Akin Alabi Resumes Office, Poses With APC Flag "Next Level" / Unveiling The 21 Women Elected Senators & House Of Reps. Members In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.