Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,742 members, 7,802,256 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:41 AM

Name One Politician You Know Is Capable Of Ruling Nigeria And Give Two Reasons - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Name One Politician You Know Is Capable Of Ruling Nigeria And Give Two Reasons (44993 Views)

Obasanjo Warns Buhari Not To Contest In 2019: "Not Capable Of Ruling Nigeria" / Cabal Ruling Nigeria As Buhari Misses FEC Meeting Again- PDP / Buhari Ruling Nigeria With Medieval Mindset, Says Prof Utomi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Name One Politician You Know Is Capable Of Ruling Nigeria And Give Two Reasons by wacaledu: 9:33pm On Aug 10, 2016
Pat Utomi for president and Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala

1 Like

Re: Name One Politician You Know Is Capable Of Ruling Nigeria And Give Two Reasons by bakynes(m): 9:39pm On Aug 10, 2016
I am not happy i stumbled upon this topic late. The only person that made a reasonable comment was the guy that picked Donald Duke for President and Fashola for Vice President. They are not perfect oh! But i believe these men are the best we have ever produced.

As for thosr saying GEJ i dont need to reply such people because its obvious they have mental issues. As for those that said Musa Kwankwso that one cam only fit as the president of the North because he naturally tilts towards the North. As for those who said Peter Obi you are obviously Ethinic bigots becauer while Governor of Anambra he didnt do anything notable as achievement. As for the Atiku, Obj, Uzor Kalu fans you know these men are Mr Corruption.

Coming from a detribalised yoruba guy.
Re: Name One Politician You Know Is Capable Of Ruling Nigeria And Give Two Reasons by Nobody: 9:39pm On Aug 10, 2016
careercrew1:
Donald Duke, former governor of cross rivers is a far better option than what we have today. He transformed the state to a beauty. That man has great vision as a leader. But Nigerians will prefer to choose either a corrupt person as their presidents.
I choose Donald Duke as president while ribadu or fashola as vice
.And he will win only in Uganda and Zoogerian Republic. In a free and fair election, I will defeat Duke even in his polling unit. We are in the era of PVC now and not do or die he enjoyed.
Re: Name One Politician You Know Is Capable Of Ruling Nigeria And Give Two Reasons by Afribell(m): 9:45pm On Aug 10, 2016
Stelvin101:
Everyone keeps on complaining about President Buhari not doing well as expected. 2019 is fast approaching. There are two major political parties in Nigeria right now. APC and PDP. Name one prominent politician you have in mind you think is deem fit to rule this great nation and stir her towards greatness?

Let's all carry out this survey. As for me I don't even know one for now. The last presidential election I had to make a decision voted for President Buhari because I was caught inbetween Crocodile's grip (GEJ) and deep blue sea (PMB). So many Nigerians are similar victim just like me. NIGERIA IS NOT TIED TO APC AND PDP. LET'S THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX FOR ONCE
Donald Duke and Dogara
Re: Name One Politician You Know Is Capable Of Ruling Nigeria And Give Two Reasons by Safari29: 9:45pm On Aug 10, 2016
as its stand now i cant think of anybody but Buhari. but if am to choose anyone else it will be Fashola
Re: Name One Politician You Know Is Capable Of Ruling Nigeria And Give Two Reasons by JimiOgunlola: 9:58pm On Aug 10, 2016
Fashola can't manage the power ministry but you want us to hand over to him the whole country? grin
Re: Name One Politician You Know Is Capable Of Ruling Nigeria And Give Two Reasons by nnokwa042(m): 10:00pm On Aug 10, 2016
gantic:

Its not a generic yes/no.....To put it in perspective, if you have visited the UK in 2016, compare and contrast that trip to a trip you made 10 years ago.

UK is definitely out of recession, but jobs are scarce, rent has been rising in horrible dimensions....landlords may be smiling but tenants are sweating it out.

It is not for nothing that Brexit voters won.
ok i for say think say na our type
Re: Name One Politician You Know Is Capable Of Ruling Nigeria And Give Two Reasons by Emenandez4lyf(m): 10:02pm On Aug 10, 2016
This one is not a role model or mentor matter.

Although am from south-eastern 9ja.

Gov. Fayose and Ben Bruce/patrick obiabigbon can lead the country to greater axis.

Cumming from Marvel shaa.
Re: Name One Politician You Know Is Capable Of Ruling Nigeria And Give Two Reasons by remiotega: 10:02pm On Aug 10, 2016
Vote for ME.
Why?
I will not make the life of Nigerians better and I won't make it worse..
I will chop money and ensure that Nigerians chop too...

Wait wait..

U think this is stupid?
Haven't u observed that for any new administration that comes in ,it gets worse.. Y'all thought u were suffering bfor Obansanjo and it got worse with Jonathan , just when u thought Jonathan was a devil Buharia came in ..now u know saying we are suffering is an understatement...

Let's stop voting for people that deceive us.. Lie to us and then show u d oda side...let's think outside the box...
VOTE FOR ME THIS 2019..AND UR LIVES WILL REMAIN THE SAME INSTEAD OF GETTING WORSE..
I know u are saying "who know this one? Who u be? Oya u c where that mindset has landed us?
Vote for me ..
I'm serious..

1 Like

Re: Name One Politician You Know Is Capable Of Ruling Nigeria And Give Two Reasons by Emenandez4lyf(m): 10:06pm On Aug 10, 2016
Emenandez4lyf:
This one is not a role model or mentor matter.

Although am from south-eastern 9ja.

Gov. Fayose and Ben Bruce/patrick obiabigbon can lead the country to greater axis.

Cumming from Marvel shaa.
You can quote me the way u like, i dont care.
Re: Name One Politician You Know Is Capable Of Ruling Nigeria And Give Two Reasons by DonMekino(m): 10:24pm On Aug 10, 2016
I thought I would come here and see suggestions and reasons.... but hell no....its insults and insults
All d political analysts-wannabees hv come to show their religious and tribal analysing skills. How do we get it ryt if we continue to fight ourselves defending even d exact ppl dat put us in dat precarious situation
Re: Name One Politician You Know Is Capable Of Ruling Nigeria And Give Two Reasons by redcliff: 10:25pm On Aug 10, 2016
pippimp:

You guys haven't learnt your lessons yet. You are still talking about GEJ. An incompetent leader who could not manage the people he delegated responsibilities to. Not one single Nigerian can lead the country because you all are too corrupt. You people have not grasped the seriousness of the situation yet. I hope you realize it before it is too late. The best thing for Nigeria is either a coup where it leads to what Jerry Rawlings did for Ghana (He rounded up all the bad eggs and eliminated them), or straight up armed revolution. The rot in Nigeria needs to be cleansed by force or by fire.

You are the only one that said what needs to be said!

1 Like

Re: Name One Politician You Know Is Capable Of Ruling Nigeria And Give Two Reasons by danigbo(m): 10:25pm On Aug 10, 2016
Godswill Akpabio is the man that will bring the country back on its feet. The reason is what he did as governor. The second person is PETER OBI. Anambra state will not forget you in a hurry. The ROCK. You no get photocopy !
Re: Name One Politician You Know Is Capable Of Ruling Nigeria And Give Two Reasons by danigbo(m): 10:25pm On Aug 10, 2016
Godswill Akpabio is the man that will bring the country back on its feet. The reason is what he did as governor. The second person is PETER OBI. Anambra state will not forget you in a hurry. The ROCK. You no get photocopy !..
Re: Name One Politician You Know Is Capable Of Ruling Nigeria And Give Two Reasons by DabuIIIT: 10:27pm On Aug 10, 2016
SLIDEwaxie:
GEJ completed 5 and half yrs and still cldnt finish the projects started by past administrations and you still want him to continue? You are the type that will chain us into the same mess!

which mess,yours? gotta cover me nose now.
Just make ur choice and comment don't coMESS. grin

Ask me and i wud say Emeka Anyaoku
Re: Name One Politician You Know Is Capable Of Ruling Nigeria And Give Two Reasons by kelechi17(m): 10:28pm On Aug 10, 2016
Bari22:
Senator Rabi'u Musa Kwankawaso
tufiakwaaa rabiu kwakwanso is a tribal bigot like buhari I would openly campaign against him ...saraki and ekwremadu for me
Re: Name One Politician You Know Is Capable Of Ruling Nigeria And Give Two Reasons by DaudaAbu(m): 10:30pm On Aug 10, 2016
Vote Saraki as pres and the man Dino melaye as his vp.

Chikenan

Or......wait i now rem

Vote David mark as presido and Ekwerenmadu as vp
Re: Name One Politician You Know Is Capable Of Ruling Nigeria And Give Two Reasons by DabuIIIT: 10:38pm On Aug 10, 2016
Ibrahim1975:
.But its in record that when Jonathan was the President,Obi was the Chairman of economic team and Ngozi was the Minister of Finance and economic co-ordination. Did we move forward? With crude oil sold for $150/b, no one single project started and completed for 6yrs. he left electricity worst than he met, Rifinary worst than he met. We import virtually everything. he borrowed to pay salary. Niger Delta region left worst. Corruption became the new National Anthem. So,which GEJ and which OBI? All our money in the foreign reserve disappeared.

others are commenting so you also must comment,even if you have to comMESSnt.
Re: Name One Politician You Know Is Capable Of Ruling Nigeria And Give Two Reasons by Mykelpato(m): 10:41pm On Aug 10, 2016
Peter Obi is able and capable
Reason :

1. He is a tested and Trusted man, he did a great work in Anambra state and also best governor Nigeria has seen so far.

2. He is a good administrator and a trustworthy person : everything this man promised Anambra people, he did it, every single promise.

3. Reliable : if there is a saint in Politics, Peter Obi the is the Man. This is the man who left 75billion naira in the coffers for his successor

4. True Leader : this man is a leader for all, he plays politics without bitterness, this is the man that had all the members of the state Assembly as opposition party and he worked with them. He was in Apga but he was closer to the ex president Goodluck Jonathan even more than the PDP governors.
He was the one that nominated and campaigned for Adams oshiomole who's not his party member.

5. He's kind hearted and simple : this is the man that drive himself to church as governor and in official functions he doesn't go with more than 3 vehicles. He's very kind to the extent that when earthquake happened in Haiti and killed about 7 priests in a church and the church collapsed, this man visited Haiti with his friends, single handedly use his money to build the church.

6. Peter Obi instead of wasting Nigeria's money, he wil see various ways to generate revenue for this country and implement them.
If I continue to list, this thread will be filled up.

Peter Obi is the man, y'all should go and make enquires.... No wonder in the last Democrats convention in U.S, 2 Nigerians were invited, Peter was among.
I

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Name One Politician You Know Is Capable Of Ruling Nigeria And Give Two Reasons by permanentgrace(m): 10:43pm On Aug 10, 2016
We have been relying on politicians all the while and disappointment, i mean greater disappointment has been our daily shocks as things get from bad to worse. Therefore, we do not need politicians as leaders in the hemp of affairs in the country again. Rather, what we need are economists and technocrats. These are the people who can take the country to an enviable height we all crave for. Economists/technocrats are the answers...not one stuppid fool called buhari who does not even know his right from the left to come rule Nigeria as president. Look at the turn out of events today. He has succeeded in taking us 50yrs backward. When the past governments were trying in thier bid to eradicate poverty, Buhari came and rather pushed/submerged us wholly into the lake of poverty...something we were trying dodge away from. A poor man needs N100 before he can buy a cup of rice now. The same poor man needs N250 before he can buy a litre of Kerosene. And of course we all know how far with the prices of all commodities in the market out there. It has never been this bad before. This is not the type of president we need in the country pls.
Re: Name One Politician You Know Is Capable Of Ruling Nigeria And Give Two Reasons by DabuIIIT: 10:43pm On Aug 10, 2016
Ibrahim1975:
. Then mention the "PIGS", donkeys and monkeys from Uganda and UGU REPUBLIC now
ur favourite.. Achmed favs
grin
Re: Name One Politician You Know Is Capable Of Ruling Nigeria And Give Two Reasons by uzo4real(m): 10:44pm On Aug 10, 2016
Pat Utomi and charles Soludo
Re: Name One Politician You Know Is Capable Of Ruling Nigeria And Give Two Reasons by DabuIIIT: 10:50pm On Aug 10, 2016
Ibrahim1975:
From all the comments above, it then means there is no alternative to PMB. PMB, carry go joor. 16yrs of distruction can not be repear in one year. If we had diversified,if we had saved, if we had developed infrastructure,if we had added 1000mgawatts yearly in 16yrs, if Ajaukuta had worked,if we had produced for our immediate needs and then export for foreign earnings,if the Niger Deltans had judiciously utilised billions of dollars given to them,if we had maintained our refinaries and build more refinaries and storages,if we had'nt used the money for Arms purchase into campaign fundings and embezzelement, if we had completed hundreds of uncompleted projects spread every where, if! if! if! nigeria would have moved forward and this govt. will just be complementing on the past effort. Too much rubbish on ground.

...CANNOT BE "REPEAR" KØ,CAN'T 'FITT'NT' BE REPINEAPPLE NI..
NepaBill feofle grin

Abo.ki is ranting about "ifs" with the last 16yrs in focus,how about the last 50+ foundation years,who held sway the most?
Re: Name One Politician You Know Is Capable Of Ruling Nigeria And Give Two Reasons by Nobody: 10:51pm On Aug 10, 2016
So far I have heard 12 prominent names:

1. Peter Obi

2. Fashola

3. Donald Duke

4. Sule Lamido

5. Nuhu Ribado

6. Ben Bruce

7. kwankwaso

8. Pat Utomi

9. Sullivan Chime

10. Engr Martins Onovo

11. Akpabio

12. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala

Out of these 12 names I noticed The 4 geopolitical zone approved 4 names which are PETER OBI, NUHU RIBADU, FASHOLA AND DONALD DUKE. The rest people I believe can also make great impact if appointed to serve this nation. I have only been to 3 states govern by these people and I am totally impressed with the development. Imagine fixing this people's as the Next and New Generation leaders, Nigerians we can all make it happen. Heaven knows I will not vote for a fellow Christian or Kinsman in the next presidential election who does not have a good reputation, quality and integrity of a leader. We need a leader and not a weakling or dictator
Re: Name One Politician You Know Is Capable Of Ruling Nigeria And Give Two Reasons by mecussey(m): 10:54pm On Aug 10, 2016
Quakertellicus1:
I will vote for the politician in 2019 who does thes things

1.Tells us that Nigeria is a poor nation

2.Tells us that we need to spend money only on power, and transport, and education, and everything else can go and find its own money.

3.Ends our reliance on oil, and stops waiting for oil prices to rise again

Simple. PMB, nor GEJ nor anyone of them is that leader.

You are 99% close, but unfurtunately, no one can handle the above project in Nigeria within 4yrs. I will only vote the guy who will tell me that he will only give us steady electricity within his four yrs tenure and that if we vote him again, he will make all the roads world class. Four now, no one is qualified to rule the current Nigeria. I will even advise, we employ obama or the likes to come rule this country for four yrs and pay him twice what America pays him. Afterall, our senators earn 4 x the Americans.

1 Like

Re: Name One Politician You Know Is Capable Of Ruling Nigeria And Give Two Reasons by permanentgrace(m): 10:54pm On Aug 10, 2016
danigbo:
Godswill Akpabio is the man that will bring the country back on its feet. The reason is what he did as governor. The second person is PETER OBI. Anambra state will not forget you in a hurry. The ROCK. You no get photocopy !..

Godswill Akpabio you said right? If as a state governor, he is alleged to have made away/stolen N108b from state treasury, then what becomes of us/the country if he is given the presidential position?

We need economists/technocrats in the country. People like Ngozi Okonjo Iweala and the likes who are vastly versatile with economy and technology around the world. No politician will ever redeem Nigeria. An average Nigerian/African politician thinks nothing than stealing public fund. If you like, bring Jesus Christ in form of a politician, you'll never get a different result. All these people do is to enrich themselves and their families and may be party members.
Re: Name One Politician You Know Is Capable Of Ruling Nigeria And Give Two Reasons by Hilaskee(m): 10:58pm On Aug 10, 2016
Amaechi as President is the best for me
Re: Name One Politician You Know Is Capable Of Ruling Nigeria And Give Two Reasons by Bitterleafsoup: 11:06pm On Aug 10, 2016
Ibrahim1975:
.But its in record that when Jonathan was the President,Obi was the Chairman of economic team and Ngozi was the Minister of Finance and economic co-ordination. Did we move forward? With crude oil sold for $150/b, no one single project started and completed for 6yrs. he left electricity worst than he met, Rifinary worst than he met. We import virtually everything. he borrowed to pay salary. Niger Delta region left worst. Corruption became the new National Anthem. So,which GEJ and which OBI? All our money in the foreign reserve disappeared.
So how come we have train now, how come your poor children in the North have school, how come Enugu Airport was built and 8 others updated with state of the art equipment just stop it

1 Like

Re: Name One Politician You Know Is Capable Of Ruling Nigeria And Give Two Reasons by uprightman(m): 11:07pm On Aug 10, 2016
Ibrahim1975:
I think rotimi amaechi will make a good president for Nigeria
Re: Name One Politician You Know Is Capable Of Ruling Nigeria And Give Two Reasons by Bitterleafsoup: 11:07pm On Aug 10, 2016
Hilaskee:
Amaechi as President is the best for me
WTF name two completed projects in 8 years for Rivers.
Re: Name One Politician You Know Is Capable Of Ruling Nigeria And Give Two Reasons by tsdarkside(m): 11:08pm On Aug 10, 2016
it is very clear,that osinbajo will become president if buhari dont want anymore...

then one day,it will be okorocha.....okorocha is the only igbo that most nigerians trust now......

its better we let one of them become president one day,or else we will never hear word from lamenting-wailing.....
Re: Name One Politician You Know Is Capable Of Ruling Nigeria And Give Two Reasons by zuokumo1: 11:12pm On Aug 10, 2016
I beleive the formsr Minister of Agriculture Dr. Akinwunmi Adeshina can do something is given the chance.. I hope we all know him

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Buhari Vows To Recover Billions Of Dollars In The Next Three Months. / Governor Ugwuanyi Gives Money To Woman Who Hawks Pure Water As She Cries (Pics) / Aba: A City In Ruins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.