Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,210 members, 7,807,722 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:03 PM

Google Play Store And Declined Card Transaction (DCC) Which Way Forward? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Google Play Store And Declined Card Transaction (DCC) Which Way Forward? (9524 Views)

How Can I Fix Declined Card Transaction Problem On Google Play Store?? / Internet Users Declined To 92.4m In November – NCC / Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Google Play Store And Declined Card Transaction (DCC) Which Way Forward? by Wilfem(m): 4:33pm On Aug 10, 2016
Hello everyone, for like the past 3 months, I've been trying to purchase some apps on the Google Play Store, using my GTB MasterCard, but at the end it won't go through as the the card is being rejected and I also kept getting mails from GTB. What's the way forward now, so as to be able to purchase apps from the Play Store? Or is that the end for now?[i][/i] embarassed
Below is the screenshot of the mail I got from GTB

1 Like

Re: Google Play Store And Declined Card Transaction (DCC) Which Way Forward? by coolopj: 9:39pm On Aug 10, 2016
change your address to usa and the purchase price will change from naira to dollar.Then you can use your card to buy anything you want to.
Re: Google Play Store And Declined Card Transaction (DCC) Which Way Forward? by jesbu(m): 10:11pm On Aug 10, 2016
coolopj:
change your address to usa and the purchase price will change from naira to dollar.Then you can use your card to buy anything you want to.
This is wickedness from our banks.
Re: Google Play Store And Declined Card Transaction (DCC) Which Way Forward? by DhimxyMaxwell(m): 10:51pm On Aug 10, 2016
coolopj:
How
Re: Google Play Store And Declined Card Transaction (DCC) Which Way Forward? by Nobody: 3:39am On Aug 11, 2016
DhimxyMaxwell:

How
Don't mind that guy. CBN has block Naira denominated card for dollar transactionhas & you may want to know that am in Europe right now & the card is still not working
Re: Google Play Store And Declined Card Transaction (DCC) Which Way Forward? by Wilfem(m): 9:52am On Aug 11, 2016
fados4sure:

Don't mind that guy. CBN has block Naira denominated card for dollar transactionhas & you may want to know that am in Europe right now & the card is still not working
I'm quite sure that doesn't work even though I've tried doing so

coolopj:
Bro, it doesn't work sir
Re: Google Play Store And Declined Card Transaction (DCC) Which Way Forward? by DhimxyMaxwell(m): 2:34pm On Aug 11, 2016
fados4sure:

Thanks man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Google Play Store And Declined Card Transaction (DCC) Which Way Forward? by coolopj: 6:28pm On Aug 11, 2016
fados4sure:

How come am still able to purchase stuff on aliexpress with my atm card if CBN has blocked it.Aliexpress charge in dollars
Re: Google Play Store And Declined Card Transaction (DCC) Which Way Forward? by coolopj: 6:40pm On Aug 11, 2016
Here is the rest of the procedure..Try to login your gmail account attached to your playstore on your phone browser or pc.That's after u have change your address to usa. then goto playstore on that same browser and search for the app u wanna buy,the price will be displayed in $ and one more payment option will be added which is paypal.So if your card is still been declined u can opt for paying with paypal linked to ur atm card.
Re: Google Play Store And Declined Card Transaction (DCC) Which Way Forward? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Aug 11, 2016
coolopj:

How come am still able to purchase stuff on aliexpress with my atm card if CBN has blocked it.Aliexpress charge in dollars
It may interest you to note that the card are block for some merchant forexample, you can use Nigeria bank Credit Card to fund Paypal but, you cannot use that same card to fund Neteller & of-which both are payment processor. You can imagine the discrapancy. Don't be surprise if that same card can't buy from ebay or amazon.
Re: Google Play Store And Declined Card Transaction (DCC) Which Way Forward? by elektra80: 9:39pm On Aug 11, 2016
I normally use gift cards for my play store purchases. There are sites that sell Google play gift cards, just buy a us gift card, pay with Paypal or bitcoin

Re: Google Play Store And Declined Card Transaction (DCC) Which Way Forward? by Wilfem(m): 5:16pm On Aug 12, 2016
coolopj:
Here is the rest of the procedure..Try to login your gmail account attached to your playstore on your phone browser or pc.That's after u have change your address to usa. then goto playstore on that same browser and search for the app u wanna buy,the price will be displayed in $ and one more payment option will be added which is paypal.So if your card is still been declined u can opt for paying with paypal linked to ur atm card.
I tried this option, using an USA address and when I went back to Play Store, the Naira denomination is still being displayed on the application. I actually saw a PayPal option on my neighbour's phone and was wondering how it got there, she didn't even know, as she hasn't even made use of the Play Store to install anything on her phone.
Re: Google Play Store And Declined Card Transaction (DCC) Which Way Forward? by coolopj: 6:31pm On Aug 12, 2016
It will still show Naira but whenever u press continue it will change to dollar.Here is the picture of mine,all i did is change of address and i didn't use any vpn

1 Like

Re: Google Play Store And Declined Card Transaction (DCC) Which Way Forward? by CuteMaro(m): 7:27am On Jan 18, 2018
I buy apps on Google playstore at will with my Zenith MasterCard. The price is usually displayed in Naira.
Re: Google Play Store And Declined Card Transaction (DCC) Which Way Forward? by Vinxmichael(m): 9:14pm On Apr 15, 2018
CuteMaro:
I buy apps on Google playstore at will with my Zenith MasterCard. The price is usually displayed in Naira.
were u be able to use Zenith MasterCard for Google playstore service?
Re: Google Play Store And Declined Card Transaction (DCC) Which Way Forward? by CuteMaro(m): 9:44pm On Apr 15, 2018
Vinxmichael:
were u be able to use Zenith MasterCard for Google playstore service?

Yes
Re: Google Play Store And Declined Card Transaction (DCC) Which Way Forward? by Vinxmichael(m): 6:33pm On Apr 16, 2018
CuteMaro:

Yes
Bro How,? I wasn't be able to use mine. can you screenshot?
Re: Google Play Store And Declined Card Transaction (DCC) Which Way Forward? by coolshegs10(m): 2:37pm On Jun 24, 2018
coolopj:

Bozzhow do I change my address to US own? I have several Gmail accounts, now I really need to pay for some services but I only have PayPal.
Re: Google Play Store And Declined Card Transaction (DCC) Which Way Forward? by franzis(m): 6:19pm On Jun 24, 2018
Go and get a dollar card from GTB or any other bank , only stress is you have to start sourcing for dollars to deposit into the dollar account or try an ecobank / firtsbank naira mastercard

1 Like

Re: Google Play Store And Declined Card Transaction (DCC) Which Way Forward? by Nobody: 12:42am On Jun 25, 2018
Try connecting your card to a PayPal account and use your username and password to make transaction

(1) (Reply)

Zain Up For Sale Again! / Twitter Rolls Out 280 Characters For Everyone. / Scan And Load Recharge Cards with your Android Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.