Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,097 members, 7,807,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:54 AM

Why Are Men So Obsessed With Women's Virginity? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Men So Obsessed With Women's Virginity? (61218 Views)

Why Are Men So Selfish During Sex? / Men! So What I Watched In 50 Shades Of Grey Happens Real.. / 40 Unwanted Mistakes Men Make While Having Fun With Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Men So Obsessed With Women's Virginity? by sexyLeamon(f): 2:31pm On Sep 24, 2009
am sorry even I am tried of this virgin topics, but please bear with me and go through this one. why are men so obsessed with Virginity?there have been like countless topics on dis, and honestly I don't know whats the fuss is all about. and i don't mean it badly, i just want to hear from guys on why it's important. is it like a prize? or an ownership thing? please be completely honest. i just don't see what the big deal is. I mean it's not like i care if you are or not, so why does it matter if i am?

I am not bashing you guys for this, just curious at what the big deal is.
Re: Why Are Men So Obsessed With Women's Virginity? by posakosa(m): 2:36pm On Sep 24, 2009
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Why Are Men So Obsessed With Women's Virginity? by GEW: 2:37pm On Sep 24, 2009
posakosa:

wbb
Re: Why Are Men So Obsessed With Women's Virginity? by sexyLeamon(f): 2:43pm On Sep 24, 2009
posakosa:

and what is dat suppose to mean?
Re: Why Are Men So Obsessed With Women's Virginity? by Rusty09(m): 3:04pm On Sep 24, 2009
Well, for mere dating purposes, i dont see the big deal really if u are or not. But for marriage purposes, theres nothing like knowing ur wife or wife to be is pure n ure the 1st person to "de-flower" her, so to say, grin

I dont know about anyone else o, but for me personally, it would just give me joy/hapiness to marry a virgin, and its not like im looking for one sha cuz i know they r hard to find these days, but it would just be nice. I know no better feeling than being able to stand and say YES, no one as ever seen my wife's vagina before,

and u cant compare to a guy cuz whether u like it or not, a girl has more to lose in the sense of dignity. I know quite a few girls who wish they could take it back and still be virgins so,

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Men So Obsessed With Women's Virginity? by LordReed(m): 4:18pm On Sep 24, 2009
@sexyLeamon
Was the day u gave it up not special for u?
Re: Why Are Men So Obsessed With Women's Virginity? by iice(f): 4:22pm On Sep 24, 2009
and yet another thread
Re: Why Are Men So Obsessed With Women's Virginity? by sexyLeamon(f): 4:27pm On Sep 24, 2009
Lord_Reed:

@sexyLeamon
Was the day u gave it up not special for u?
course it was special, but you missed my point, why do guys emphasis on it so much? some men wouldn't even marry u if u are not virgin.
Re: Why Are Men So Obsessed With Women's Virginity? by scottN(m): 4:33pm On Sep 24, 2009
oh please not again!
Re: Why Are Men So Obsessed With Women's Virginity? by StellaN3(f): 4:34pm On Sep 24, 2009
am not a guy,
but to me as a girl it matters alot
it's  infact the biggest deal ever, there is nothing like trust and respect,
if u maintain urself till u marry ur husband have every right to respect and trust u
the diginity and respect  of a woman is her virginity am proud to say that, take it or lump it

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Men So Obsessed With Women's Virginity? by GEW: 4:41pm On Sep 24, 2009
Stella N:

am not a guy,
but to me as a girl it matters alot
it's  infact the biggest deal ever, there is nothing like trust and respect,
if u maintain urself till u marry your husband have every right to respect and trust u
the diginity and respect  of a woman is her virginity am proud to say that, take it or lump it
you are a star in my books
God bless you

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men So Obsessed With Women's Virginity? by dammiecool(m): 4:48pm On Sep 24, 2009
@poster
virginity is d greatest gift ur girl can give to u.
u love ur gal more if she is a virgin.
me I respect virgins o grin cheesy wink

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men So Obsessed With Women's Virginity? by StellaN3(f): 4:56pm On Sep 24, 2009
@Gew thanks jor
if am a man i will not take left-over food oooooooooo

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Men So Obsessed With Women's Virginity? by sandee575(f): 5:12pm On Sep 24, 2009
Virginity at marriage sounds cool. But there have been many unhappy marriages
following such. Its no guarantee.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Men So Obsessed With Women's Virginity? by SaridonP: 5:23pm On Sep 24, 2009
To Marry a virgin as a wife is the best. But People keep on saying that Virginity is not a pride, but lack of opportunity. Is it True?
Re: Why Are Men So Obsessed With Women's Virginity? by posakosa(m): 5:29pm On Sep 24, 2009
SaridonP:

To Marry a virgin as a wife is the best. But People keep on saying that Virginity is not a pride, but lack of opportunity. Is it True?

Well, it depends,

Virginity sha is NOT a guarantee for a sucessful marriage. If a man won't marry you cause you are NOT a virgin, I suggest that you keep it moving.

I concur that its a double standard in society: Women are expected to be virgins while Men are not.
Re: Why Are Men So Obsessed With Women's Virginity? by LordReed(m): 5:31pm On Sep 24, 2009
sexyLeamon:

course it was special, but you missed my point, why do guys emphasis on it so much? some men wouldn't even marry u if u are not virgin.

I haven't missed the point. Just as it was special for u so it's for us.
Re: Why Are Men So Obsessed With Women's Virginity? by posakosa(m): 5:32pm On Sep 24, 2009
While I do not condone promiscuity. I believe that often times people loose their virginity under certain circumstances,

Rape, Sports,, and so on,

Virginity has an exaggerated value in the Nigerian culture/but I bet you if were to ask your parents, they weren't exactly virgins when they got married, and birth us.  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men So Obsessed With Women's Virginity? by Outstrip(f): 5:38pm On Sep 24, 2009
The only men looking for virgins especially when they are not virgins themselves either cannot Bleep or they have small joysticks. It is just that simple. They are just insecure.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men So Obsessed With Women's Virginity? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Sep 24, 2009
Difference between a wife and a slut. undecided
Re: Why Are Men So Obsessed With Women's Virginity? by GEE3: 6:08pm On Sep 24, 2009
men like virgins because if they deflower a girl the girl never forgets them, there is something like a bond between them.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men So Obsessed With Women's Virginity? by posakosa(m): 6:17pm On Sep 24, 2009
G.E.E:

men like virgins because if they deflower a girl the girl never forgets them, there is something like a bond between them.

When you find your true love, trust me you'll forget everyone else u've phucked.

Aqva:

Difference between a wife and a slut. undecided

Not really, Ive seen virgins get married and engage in adultery during the course of their marriage. ehn, so this is not true my friend.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men So Obsessed With Women's Virginity? by asha80(m): 6:22pm On Sep 24, 2009
Which men are we talking about here?Is it men in general or men in nairaland?it is because guys i know do not give 2 f%&Ks about virginity in a girl for marraige.
Re: Why Are Men So Obsessed With Women's Virginity? by rubi(f): 6:43pm On Sep 24, 2009
It is always good to look out for a man who is well matured psychological, emotionally and spiritually that can treat a woman with love and respect

Men who are obsessed with women's virginity are still Immatured marriage license should not be given to them ( thank god I'm taken)

Virginity is not a guarantee to successful/happy marriage

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Men So Obsessed With Women's Virginity? by Fiona0007: 6:59pm On Sep 24, 2009
It's probably something similar to when you go to a gadget shop and buy something. If you are to pick between similar product and price, one with the package opened and another one with package sealed, which one you are likely to go home with?
i might be wrong, it's a guy thing.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Men So Obsessed With Women's Virginity? by Outstrip(f): 7:16pm On Sep 24, 2009
It's not a guy thing. Please speak for yourself.
Re: Why Are Men So Obsessed With Women's Virginity? by spikedcylinder: 7:42pm On Sep 24, 2009
Re: Why Are Men So Obsessed With Women's Virginity? by rhymz(m): 7:43pm On Sep 24, 2009
I am a man and to me,Virgins re hardwork most of em can be very immature when it comes to the issue of sex.And besides marrying a virgin does't mean a man is shielded from the problems associated with marriage but that is not to say virgins do not make good wives,i would even love to have one for a wife but I aint waiting.
Re: Why Are Men So Obsessed With Women's Virginity? by mikesleek(m): 8:34pm On Sep 24, 2009
I know a virgin who has been havin sex in ages but she still remains a virgin; she had been taking it up the ass. So where do you classify such? I believe the issue of virginity is just over emphasised. In some cases, as rightly said earlier, they fail in their marriages due to their inability to satisfy their sexually over experienced husbands.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men So Obsessed With Women's Virginity? by posakosa(m): 8:49pm On Sep 24, 2009
mikesleek:

I know a virgin who has been havin sex in ages but she still remains a virgin; she had been taking it up the ass. So where do you classify such? I believe the issue of virginity is just over emphasised. In some cases, as rightly said earlier, they fail in their marriages due to their inability to satisfy their sexually over experienced husbands.

hahahahaha! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Why Are Men So Obsessed With Women's Virginity? by r231(m): 8:50pm On Sep 24, 2009
You'd need a lot more choices than 2 to get anywhere on this and the fascination level would depend on the guy.

It could be about bragging rights. It is probably a perk for a guy that lacks sexual confidence (she won't know if he sucks in bed). It can be a turn on to a guy for various reasons: tightness, the thrill of giving someone a new experience, the guy knows he won't be forgotten, the list could go on for a while.

Personally, I would say the best sex I've ever had has been with a partner who was VERY sexually confident, was willing to experiment, was impulsive sexually and was also very experienced.

Being someone's first is a very unique experience in a very different way, especially if you are somewhat skilled and experienced and are more interested in her pleasure than just adding a notch to the headboard.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Men So Obsessed With Women's Virginity? by dbaby3(f): 8:52pm On Sep 24, 2009
I dont mean to sound rude,but abeg it pisses me off when some guys emphasize so much on a females virginity. After the guys have disvirgined other girls, then they start looking for virgins to marry.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Didisassy: "If You Allow Man Grab Your Butt In Public, You Lack Home Training’’ / Help! My Girlfriend Wears Chain Around Her Waist. / Alcohol-loving Nigerian Couple Gets Prewedding Pics Sponsored By Alcohol Brand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.