Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,024 members, 7,807,013 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:38 AM

I Have Lost Faith In This Government - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Have Lost Faith In This Government (19830 Views)

President Buhari Urges Nigerians Not To Loose Faith In His Administration / Feyi Fawehinmi: I’m Sorry If I Convinced Anyone To Vote For This Government / Ikorodu Killings: Nigerians Have Lost Trust In Police- Commissioner Of Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have Lost Faith In This Government by Sanchez01: 6:24am On Aug 11, 2016
Just last year, I joined the many Nigerians who actually thought a dogged fourth time contestants woild be the best thing to happen should Jonathan be kicked. A year after, I have lost my voice around friends and family each time a political discourse comes up, most especially about the state of the economy.

Problems bothering on insecurity, power, state of the economy and corruption have all grown worse than it was under Goodluck Jonathan. Not like Jonathan would have been able to redeem the nation a second time though, and I would have still clearly voted against him if I had caught a glimpse of the anomalies ongoing before hand, but this time, I would have just given my vote to Kowa or Hope.

Without mincing words, Nigeria is presently on autopilot; President Buhari clearly has no idea on what should be done. The BBOG Buhari used as a tool during his campaign have been forgotten, more than ever Fulani herdsmen have been armed and fortified as they impact roads and streets with cow dung and horrible flies. The budget padding saga is still an issue to watch while daily corruption charges hover around the president and his minions.

Just a handful of the many APC faithfuls who are fast realizing that the Change we have is in reverse, it is worthy of note to clearly state that I have lost faith in the Buhari-led administration.

I sincerely hope Kowa would come out stronger with young, vibrant, intelligent and dynamic candidates in 2019.

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Have Lost Faith In This Government by maryjan8(f): 6:25am On Aug 11, 2016
Really!
Re: I Have Lost Faith In This Government by BeClever: 6:27am On Aug 11, 2016
You must keep faith.. .we no greeee!

103 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Have Lost Faith In This Government by chukslawrence(m): 6:28am On Aug 11, 2016
Lol

13 Likes

Re: I Have Lost Faith In This Government by Nobody: 6:28am On Aug 11, 2016
loooooooooooool

loooooooooooool

looooooooool

yea receive sense.

82 Likes

Re: I Have Lost Faith In This Government by Funlordjnr: 6:33am On Aug 11, 2016
grin
Sanchez01:
Just last year, I joined the many Nigerians who actually thought a dogged fourth time contestants woild be the best thing to happen should Jonathan be kicked. A year after, I have lost my voice around friends and family each time a political discourse comes up, most especially about the state of the economy.

Problems bothering on insecurity, power, state of the economy and corruption have all grown worse than it was under Goodluck Jonathan. Not like Jonathan would have been able to redeem the nation a second time though, and I would have still clearly voted against him if I had caught a glimpse of the anomalies ongoing before hand, but this time, I would have just given my vote to Kowa or Hope.

Without mincing words, Nigeria is presently on autopilot; President Buhari clearly has no idea on what should be done. The BBOG Buhari used as a tool during his campaign have been forgotten, more than ever Fulani herdsmen have been armed and fortified as they impact roads and streets with cow dung and horrible flies. The budget padding saga is still an issue to watch while daily corruption charges hover around the president and his minions.

Just a handful of the many APC faithfuls who are fast realizing that the Change we have is in reverse, it is worthy of note to clearly state that I have lost faith in the Buhari-led administration.

I sincerely hope Kowa would come out stronger with young, vibrant, intelligent and dynamic candidates in 2019.

My guy ghana no too far! Just port!

We full ground!

19 Likes

Re: I Have Lost Faith In This Government by Progressive01(m): 6:36am On Aug 11, 2016
Okay, president Buhari "has no idea what to do", agreed. Now, my question is: kindly suggest one thing he could do to pull us out of the doldrums.

Recession of this nature where your reserve has been drastically depleted and your major forex earner has lost over 50%
of its value is most difficult to surmount.

If you wanna diversify, where do you get the money to do so (remember you need forex to import the equipment for this since they aren't produced locally)?? You wanna export more of your nearly useless forex earner so you can start taking steps towards diversification and some criminals literally make that impossible.

I'm glad you admitted Jonathan wasn't an option no matter what.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Have Lost Faith In This Government by Sanchez01: 6:39am On Aug 11, 2016
BeClever:
You must keep faith.. .we no greeee!
The truth is, no matter how hard I try, I just don't see it working.

A colleague engaged me at the office two days ago. It was an intelligent engagement, though our discourse was political. He clearly hates Buhari and his policies but he voted for him!

What changed?
Corruption is not the only problem Nigeria is confronted with. We have many issues unattended to and the President is all after corrupt public officials like that's the answer to solving our economic anomaly. Dogara, the number 3 man, and Saraki, the number 2 man, are all roped with corruption charges at the moment. Nothing so far about the girls. Militants grow with each passing day, Fulani herdsmen are kings of the bushes, forests, streets and roads, Buratai, the COAS, has corruption allegations on his neck too. How about the common man?

I might be comfortable and doing well but would most Nigerians say the same? We never bargained for this. This isn't what we asked for. The only reason I'd vote APC in 2019 is IF Fashola is allowed to run. President Buhari is clearly not the answer we seek.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Lost Faith In This Government by Everfrank(m): 6:41am On Aug 11, 2016
Sai Buhari!

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Have Lost Faith In This Government by nnachukz(m): 6:44am On Aug 11, 2016
Day by day, eyes are getting cleared from chronic zombiesm. Some will only get cleared at their point of death as hunger joins them with their ancestors.
One can be sighted above me.

101 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Have Lost Faith In This Government by lecturerdabo(m): 6:45am On Aug 11, 2016
Even your Fashola Bro, they are both in the same boat!

69 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Lost Faith In This Government by Sanchez01: 6:48am On Aug 11, 2016
Progressive01:
Okay, president Buhari "has no idea what to do", agreed. Now, my question is: kindly suggest one thing he could do to pull us out of the doldrums.

Trust me, I've been with you from the outset, go through my posts and see the ones prior the elections.

He is the President of Nigeria, not President of the Fulanis. We can start from there. Power isn't fairing better. I buy fuel every weekend to keep my sanity intact. Though I have no issues with the subsidy removal and I clearly have no issues with buying fuel, but what is the need in paying for power I don't return home to use after the close of day?

I agree that most of the sweet talks during and prior the elcections cannot be manifested. Regardless, the President should realize that the country is stiffening and he is neglecting his sole responsibilities. Imagine the recent news of WAI brigade. This is not the 80's for God's sake! This is the 21st Century.

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Lost Faith In This Government by BeClever: 6:49am On Aug 11, 2016
Sanchez01:

I colleague engaged me at the office two days ago. It was an intelligent engagement, though our discourse was political. He clearly hates Buhari and his policies but he voted for him!

What changed?
Corruption is not the only problem Nigeria is confronted with. We have many issues unattended to and the President is all after corrupt public officials like that's the answer to solving our economic anomaly. Dogara, the number 3 man, and Saraki, the number 2 man, are all roped with corruption charges at the moment. Nothing so far about the girls. Militants grow with each passing day, Fulani herdsmen are kings of the bushes, forests, streets and roads, Buratai, the COAS, has corruption allegations on his neck too. How about the common man?

I might be comfortable and doing well but would most Nigerians say the same? We never bargained for this. This isn't what we asked for. The only reason I'd vote APC in 2019 is IF Fashola is allowed to run. President Buhari is clearly not the answer we seek.

The horrors of this govt is real..

Buhari and his family, don't look like they cared..
These guys are criminals without any pre-election plans to change a thing..

All their interest was power and looting. .
And yes they got it and this is where we are..

For the first time people are dying in this country from Kwashiorkor..

Ask yourself, why didnt IDP die of Kwashiorkor during Gej wasteful yrs.. ?

91 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Have Lost Faith In This Government by Sanchez01: 6:53am On Aug 11, 2016
lecturerdabo:
Even your Fashola Bro, they are both in the same boat!
Yes, they are. BRF is however a man with brain, he does not call the shots and cannot do things in isolation. They are two different things. Saying Fashola and Buhari being in the same boat is a justification for measuring Fashola's intelligence or ability is an insult to the Former Executive Governor of Lagos State.

9 Likes

Re: I Have Lost Faith In This Government by Young03(m): 7:03am On Aug 11, 2016
if u like continue wailing from now to 2023
u cannot c any good from this government

chad no far.. u can relocate go der

Ghana president de plan pursue Nigerians com bak

3 Likes

Re: I Have Lost Faith In This Government by Anwonspee(m): 7:11am On Aug 11, 2016
Yours is good that it's only faith you'd lost.

See, even Joy, Glory, Blessing, Fortune, Grace, Harmony, Victoria, Virtue, Mercy etc are all lost.

Worst and yet to be lost is Hope and Future, but if it continues like this, I doubt if......

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Have Lost Faith In This Government by globe16: 7:14am On Aug 11, 2016
Progressive01:

Recession of this nature where your reserve has been drastically depleted and your major forex earner has lost over 50%

If you wanna diversify, where do you get the money to do so (remember you need forex to import the equipment for this since they aren't produced locally)?? You wanna export more of your nearly useless forex earner so you can start taking steps towards diversification and some criminals literally make that impossible.

omenka now you have realized Buhari has pulled Nigerians into the doldrums from where GEJ left it but yet GEJ wasn't an option? Upside down logic... Funny are are also asking for suggestions for a braindead government..

87 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Lost Faith In This Government by globe16: 7:17am On Aug 11, 2016
Young03:
if u like continue wailing from now to 2023

u cannot c any good from this government

chad no far.. u can relocate go der

Ghana president de plan pursue Nigerians com bak
okay tell us just one thing that is good with this government.. Just one

32 Likes

Re: I Have Lost Faith In This Government by Paperwhite(m): 7:17am On Aug 11, 2016
It seems to be confession time for the progenitors of the present political mess in Nigeria.Waiting for the day when Omenka & other fanatic Buharists will write their own confession epistle.Welcome op.I also see a new Nigeria arising.

27 Likes

Re: I Have Lost Faith In This Government by Progressive01(m): 7:19am On Aug 11, 2016
Sanchez01:

Trust me, I've been with you from the outset, go through my posts and see the ones prior the elections.

He is the President of Nigeria, not President of the Fulanis. We can start from there. Power isn't fairing better. I buy fuel every weekend to keep my sanity intact. Though I have no issues with the subsidy removal and I clearly have no issues with buying fuel, but what is the need in paying for power I don't return home to use after the close of day?

I agree that most of the sweet talks during and prior the elcections cannot be manifested. Regardless, the President should realize that the country is stiffening and he is neglecting his sole responsibilities. Imagine the recent news of WAI brigade. This is not the 80's for God's sake! This is the 21st Century.
I edited my post, you may wanna review your response.

Now, what has "Fulani" got to do with anything?? If it is about appointments, let me ask, does appointing, instead of a Fulani man, an Efik, Igbo, Idoma, Kanuri, Yoruba, Ijaw, etc automatically translate into turning the tide in our economy?? When you raise issues and you bring in arguments regarding ethnicity, you just mess things up, especially on this forum.

The economy is what it is today not because of the pilots we have but because the fundamentals are in shambles!!

Cast your mind back to what it was just weeks before handover!! There was no fuel anywhere, no electricity, banks were closing by 12noon because there was no electricity. Telecoms companies were unable to sustain their activities due to issues bordering on availability of gasoline/diesel to power their generators, etc!!

All these happening when crude was still being sold @ $70pb!! Now, it is being sold at just over half that price and people expect to see miracles happen!! Brother, it isn't that simple.

When recession came calling sometime in 2006 (or thereabouts) with a crash in crude prices, Nigeria defended her currency and her economy with over $20billion. Imports was sustained and the value of the naira was hardly affected. We had over $60billion in our reserves then!

Today, we are talking about just over half that amount at the point of handover with a population increase of over 15million!! This implies that if $20billion was being used to keep the economy afloat then, we would require even more today to do same!!

Now, imagine the implication of pulling out over 20billion dollars from our current reserve about a year ago or even now, and being left with about 10-15billion in reserves!! Imagine a country that isn't credit worthy!!

Dude, these are fundamental issues that would take time to correct. People don't see these things because they are too emotional to analyse them dispassionately.

Everybody is feeling the pangs, but I foresaw this coming from day one, so did NOI herself and Sanusi. They warned that we saved for the rainy day but the admin they worked under never heeded that warning. Today, shiit has really hit the fan and everyone is pointing accusing fingers at this government. I'm afraid I won't blame her on the state of the economy- it has been a long time coming.

Ps: you still haven't suggested what you would have done differently though.

29 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Have Lost Faith In This Government by prosperity2016: 7:19am On Aug 11, 2016
ARISE AND FIGHT O COMPATRIOTS OF NIGER DELTA AND THOSE THAT SHARE THE PLIGHT OF NIGER DELTA.WE CALL YOU THIS DAY FOR
NIGERIA FUTURE IS BLEAK .
TO SERVE THE HAUSA FULANI HEGEMONY IS A CRIME AGAINST HUMANITY .TO REMAIN CONQUERED BY HAUSA FULANI FOR OVER 50 YEARS IS AN INSULT TO OUR HUMILITY AND INTEGRIT.
HOW LONG ARE WE GOING TO FOLD HANDS AND EXPECTS MIRACLE TO HAPPEN SUDDENLY
NOW IS THE TIME TO LIBERATE OUR FUTURE FROM THE BIGOTS, THE DIVISIVE HAUSA FULANI THAT STEAL PEOPLE RESOURCES AND GIVE THEM NOTHING IN THE NAME OF DERIVATION.
THEY PROMISED US RESTRUCTURING ONLY TO RENEGED.
THEY ESTABLISHED NDDC AND MINISTRY OF NIGER DELTA, AN INSULT AGAINST OUR PEOPLE.
THEY TOOK OUR OIL BLOCKS AND DISTRIBUTES SAME TO THE NORTHERNERS.
TO THEM, THE PEOPLE OF SOUTHERN NIGERIA ARE CONQUERED. HENCE THEY SAY NO TO PIB.
WE SAY TO THEM, WE MUST CONTROL OUR GOD'S GIVEN RESOURCES.
THEY RESPONDED BY TAGGING US CRIMINALS.
WE ARE FREEDOM FIGHTERS, SWEATING TO LIBERATE OUR PEOPLE FROM YEARS OF SLAVERY.
NOW OR NEVER, WE SAY ZERO OIL EXPORT, YOU COMPARED US WITH RAG TAG BOKO HARAM.
WE INVOKE THE SPIRIT OF THE CREEK TO SWALLOW THE NORTHERN ARMY.
THIS IS THE BEGINNING OF WOES UPON THE HAUSA FULANI THAT BENT ON ANNIHILATING OUR PEOPLE.
BUHARI IS INCUBATING GENOCIDE AGAINST US.
LET US SEE HOW HE GOES ABOUT IT.
ONE THING IS SURE, WE SHALL DEFEND NIGER DELTA.
NO MATTER THE DIVIDE AND RULE TACTICS OF BUHARI, WE WILL SURELY PREVAIL.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Lost Faith In This Government by Paperwhite(m): 7:19am On Aug 11, 2016
globe16:

okay tell us just one thing that is good with this government.. Just one
Have you forgotten that is how the zombie spirit works? By resetting the brain to loose touch with reality?

16 Likes

Re: I Have Lost Faith In This Government by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:19am On Aug 11, 2016
Sanchez01:

2 Likes

Re: I Have Lost Faith In This Government by globe16: 7:20am On Aug 11, 2016
Sanchez01:

I colleague engaged me at the office two days ago. It was an intelligent engagement, though our discourse was political. He clearly hates Buhari and his policies but he voted for him!

What changed?

Nigerians will troop out to vote Fashola that have spread darkness all through Nigeria in 2019.. Yeye

44 Likes

Re: I Have Lost Faith In This Government by Progressive01(m): 7:23am On Aug 11, 2016
globe16:

ome*nka now you have realized Buhari has pulled Nigerians into the doldrums from where GEJ left it but yet GEJ wasn't an option? Upside down logic... Funny are are also asking for suggestions for a braindead government..
You've been noticed.

Bye.

3 Likes

Re: I Have Lost Faith In This Government by gentlegenius(m): 7:23am On Aug 11, 2016
I'm already tired of this terrific administration. Every day, our economy is becoming more horrific and things are getting so buharific!

13 Likes

Re: I Have Lost Faith In This Government by michelz: 7:25am On Aug 11, 2016
Ok
Re: I Have Lost Faith In This Government by Paperwhite(m): 7:27am On Aug 11, 2016
Progressive01:

Which idea or suggestion are you asking about for Buhari? One thought he knows it all after 12 years of contesting & was he not crowned the messiah that will deliver Nigeria from the clutches of "kwarraption"? You see that you guys are really a set of pathetic humanity?

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Lost Faith In This Government by eziokwubundunuwa: 7:28am On Aug 11, 2016
Sanchez01:

What changed?

Fulani issues and Boko Haram has highly reduced as well as corruption. What we are experiencing in terms of economy is effects of dependence on oil and sabotage by nda which can only be solved easily through violence. IMO violence should be employed as a last option after the ongoing dialogue is exhausted. Right now if I was Buhari there is nothing extra I could do better than what is being done.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Lost Faith In This Government by SuperPanther: 7:31am On Aug 11, 2016
Progressive01:

I'm glad you admitted Jonathan wasn't an option no matter what

The Igbos are too big to be pushed under not to talk of adding the Niger Delta to it.

You cannot take the east for granted and have it smooth, never!!!!

Buhari's immaturity and arrogance has gotten us into this mess.

Many of us saw this coming but you omenka, fulanimafia and others kept cheering him on shouting the new sheriff is in town.

Buhari failed to handle the Biafra agitation well likewise the Niger Delta agitation.

Tell him to apologise for that 5% speech and after that, he should dress in Igbo & ND attires and go to the SE & SS and talk to the people, letting them know they are also Nigerians and that we can work together to make this nation great again.

Buhari should be humble for goodness sakes, this is not 1966 or 1983, this is 2016!!!

I am yet to see the sort of maturity one would have expected from Buhari to be honest.

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Lost Faith In This Government by globe16: 7:31am On Aug 11, 2016
Progressive01:
You've been noticed.

Bye.
Buhari till 2050!

4 Likes

Re: I Have Lost Faith In This Government by michelz: 7:31am On Aug 11, 2016
Op,you're on the right path to redemption,but still have a long way to go. Ask your self this question: If GEJ and Buhari were the only people contesting,who would I vote for? Don't hurry to answer the question...but be sure you get the answer before 2019.

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Dollar Now Underground Currency Of Nigeria’s Economy — Peter Obi / Those Calling For Aisha’s Arrest Are Living In Stone Age – Fani-kayode / Insecurity: Southern Governors Meet In Asaba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.