Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,893 members, 7,802,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:38 AM

Basketmouth To Jonathan: I Apologize For Disrespecting You - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Basketmouth To Jonathan: I Apologize For Disrespecting You (37714 Views)

What I Said Was Too Much And I Apologize Lil Kesh – Reekado Banks / Baba Dee Blasts Davido For Disrespecting Dele Momodu / Dickson Iroegbu Writes An Apology To Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Basketmouth To Jonathan: I Apologize For Disrespecting You by myshoe: 6:38am On Aug 11, 2016
Basketmouth apologizes over attack on Goodluck Jonathan

Veteran Nigerian comedian, Basketmouth, has withdrawn his statement on the state of the nation, apologizing to former president, Goodluck Jonathan for disrespecting him.

In his last Instagram post, the comedian debunked rumors that he was one of the advocates for the emergence of Buhari’s administration.

He aired his stance on his alleged involvement in politics.

He said he never campaigned for President Buhari or any other politician (including former president, Jonathan).

He wrote: “Truth of the matter is that I would have voted anyone that could speak two words of English against Ex-president Goodluck Jonathan and that’s strictly based on the amount of greed and selfishness we witnessed from members of his (Jonathan’s) administration in the 6 years that he sat on the rock.

“I have said it numerous times that I am not a politician hence I try not to dabble in politics. However I think a few people interpret crying out against injustice by the one as campaign for the other.”

But barely 24 hours after airing his stance, Basketmouth apologized for appearing as though ‘disrespectful’ to Jonathan.

He, however, retracted his statement, stating he has ‘nothing but respect’ for the former president.

He wrote: “I have to sincerely apologise at this point that in expressing my opinion in my last post which was primarily to clear the air about who I campaigned, supported or rooted for or didn’t, I was disrespectful to a man I have nothing but respect.

“The last President may have had some wrong advisers and consequently decisions were made that will eventually impact on the economy, however I am sorry if it came across as an attack on the man Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.

“We all desired a CHANGE, majority voted for it, now we have it, it is definitely a process, a tough one because I know the hustle is real…believe me, I know.

“I trust it can only get better, let’s just try to be patient,” he added.

http://dailypost.ng/dailystar/2016/08/10/basketmouth-apologizes-attack-goodluck-jonathan/?utm_source=dlvr.it_dp1&utm_medium=facebook

3 Likes

Re: Basketmouth To Jonathan: I Apologize For Disrespecting You by myshoe: 6:39am On Aug 11, 2016
Wait oh! Is this joker trying to beg for wailers form through the back door?

266 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Basketmouth To Jonathan: I Apologize For Disrespecting You by youngest85(m): 6:42am On Aug 11, 2016
Avenge boyz don gv am serious warning!

26 Likes

Re: Basketmouth To Jonathan: I Apologize For Disrespecting You by searchng4love: 6:43am On Aug 11, 2016
Not needed....basket mouth you're just a commoner ..... And a Judas Iscariot of wherever you're from. Hope your thirty shekels is doing you good.

You betrayed a believer and southerner like yourself......

Live with it..... Your lineage will be remembered for it..... At every small opportunity you derided GEJ with your beerparlor opinions....
Mentioning me is a waste of time... I'll NEVER respond.

287 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Basketmouth To Jonathan: I Apologize For Disrespecting You by NgeneUkwenu(f): 6:48am On Aug 11, 2016
We all desired a CHANGE, majority voted for it, now we have it, it is definitely a process, a tough one because I know the hustle is real…believe me, I know.

“I trust it can only get better, let’s just try to be patient,” he added.

Wailers and ipob miscreants keep on twisting people's words..... grin grin

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Basketmouth To Jonathan: I Apologize For Disrespecting You by kossyablaze(m): 6:49am On Aug 11, 2016
myshoe:
Wait oh! Is this joker trying to beg for wailers form through the back door?
For where?.... No more space.... Beremx and keneking collected the last two forms remaining cool

193 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Basketmouth To Jonathan: I Apologize For Disrespecting You by kossyablaze(m): 6:52am On Aug 11, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:

Wailers and ipob miscreants keep on twisting people's words..... grin grin
Keep givn urself false hope...mtchew

186 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Basketmouth To Jonathan: I Apologize For Disrespecting You by Nobody: 6:52am On Aug 11, 2016
Basketmouth has been behaving like ahithophels aka afonjas lately...they speak from both sides of their mouth. They are irrational, can't think things through, they all voted for GMD thinking that miracle will have...expecting a miracle to happen from a man without secondary school degree? SMH.

140 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Basketmouth To Jonathan: I Apologize For Disrespecting You by NgeneUkwenu(f): 6:52am On Aug 11, 2016
“Truth of the matter is that I would have voted anyone that could speak two words of English against Ex-president Goodluck Jonathan and that’s strictly based on the amount of greed and selfishness we witnessed from members of his (Jonathan’s) administration in the 6 years that he sat on the rock.
Basket Mouth Said yesterday... grin grin

Ipob Vandals keep on twisting people's words ...yeye people..

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Basketmouth To Jonathan: I Apologize For Disrespecting You by ShutdownBrown24(m): 6:52am On Aug 11, 2016
He smoke weed..... Eyes come clear am.

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth To Jonathan: I Apologize For Disrespecting You by Nwodosis(m): 6:53am On Aug 11, 2016
Greed, he's not getting what he was promised from the government he campaigned for! APC, canceling all promises.

75 Likes 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth To Jonathan: I Apologize For Disrespecting You by Badgers14: 6:56am On Aug 11, 2016
Apology "rejected" angry angry

To the tower off his head
Signed,

110 Likes 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth To Jonathan: I Apologize For Disrespecting You by NgeneUkwenu(f): 6:56am On Aug 11, 2016
kossyablaze:
For where?.... No more space.... Beremx and keneking collected the last two forms remaining cool

You wish....He just lambasted your ineffectual Buffon twi days ago.....then some his ipob yoots followers were crying and begging to apologize for using offensive words to describe their ogogoro thin god....and he just did...

So show me where he regreted voting out the corrupt jonathan,?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Basketmouth To Jonathan: I Apologize For Disrespecting You by Anwonspee(m): 6:57am On Aug 11, 2016
What else can anyone expect from a porous mouth called basket?

Ongoing defenceless defence.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth To Jonathan: I Apologize For Disrespecting You by kossyablaze(m): 6:59am On Aug 11, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:

You wish....He just lambasted your ineffectual Buffon twi days ago.....then some his ipob yoots followers were crying and begging to apologize for using offensive words to describe their ogogoro thin god....and he just did...

So show me where he regreted voting out the corrupt jonathan,?
Ok.... Wat of Beremx cool

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth To Jonathan: I Apologize For Disrespecting You by geez18(m): 7:02am On Aug 11, 2016
bro basket,it seem you finally took my advice but it may have been a tad too late because the mediocre you vocally campaigned and voted for is already in power;you have to live with the hash realities of that!

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth To Jonathan: I Apologize For Disrespecting You by chukslawrence(m): 7:03am On Aug 11, 2016
Ok
Re: Basketmouth To Jonathan: I Apologize For Disrespecting You by nnachukz(m): 7:09am On Aug 11, 2016
He wrote: “Truth of the matter is that I would have voted anyone that could speak two words of English against Ex-president Goodluck Jonathan
The above words were what turned many supposedly wise people into zombies. Just personal hatred for the man called GEJ and not because the dullard can do better. Today they are repeatedly shouting patience patience patience as if they see any hope anywhere.

84 Likes 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth To Jonathan: I Apologize For Disrespecting You by dannyben5: 7:15am On Aug 11, 2016
The fear of avengers is the begining of wisdom...

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Basketmouth To Jonathan: I Apologize For Disrespecting You by bonechamberlain(m): 7:22am On Aug 11, 2016
Would have been better if he kept mute and maintained his silence. undecided

20 Likes

Re: Basketmouth To Jonathan: I Apologize For Disrespecting You by psucc(m): 7:40am On Aug 11, 2016
From my primary school, I learnt that we have seven wonders of the world. Now, Nigeria is ready to add the 8th, (if that number had not changed) should this present economic situation improve to where APC took over. We will be glad to give them the credit. we don't demand for much. Only keep it from where you met it.

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Basketmouth To Jonathan: I Apologize For Disrespecting You by slap1(m): 7:46am On Aug 11, 2016
We wailers are OK as we are, we don't need crowd, please!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth To Jonathan: I Apologize For Disrespecting You by veekid(m): 7:47am On Aug 11, 2016
Why apologising?

1 Like

Re: Basketmouth To Jonathan: I Apologize For Disrespecting You by JoeCutie(m): 7:47am On Aug 11, 2016
Akuko Mike Ejeagha! undecided

Anyways, osite taa di mma, odiwara gboo. We forgive you, Basket. But make sure you stitch that basket mouth of yours so as not to bring you trouble

25 Likes

Re: Basketmouth To Jonathan: I Apologize For Disrespecting You by kingvectorv(m): 7:48am On Aug 11, 2016
u beta do so before dey gun u down
Re: Basketmouth To Jonathan: I Apologize For Disrespecting You by kennyman2000(m): 7:48am On Aug 11, 2016
Too late oga

2 Likes

Re: Basketmouth To Jonathan: I Apologize For Disrespecting You by hazyfm1: 7:49am On Aug 11, 2016
grin grin grin
Badgers14:
Apology "rejected" angry angry

To the tower off his head
Signed,

1 Like

Re: Basketmouth To Jonathan: I Apologize For Disrespecting You by kstix(m): 7:49am On Aug 11, 2016
That's real maturity on the part of a ss/se public figure. I really must commend his diplomacy and tactical insight in the political stratosphere unlike others from d se/ss who know nothing but to wail and go about with sentimental ethnic bias thinking massive looting and corruption under their clueless hero is better than a work in progress under buhari. Thumbs up bright.. U said it all.

2 Likes

Re: Basketmouth To Jonathan: I Apologize For Disrespecting You by Nobody: 7:49am On Aug 11, 2016
Part of the few good men remaining in our nation. Truth hurts.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth To Jonathan: I Apologize For Disrespecting You by justicejay(m): 7:49am On Aug 11, 2016
Idiot you sold your brother for silver and gold.
You felt for small peanut.

21 Likes

Re: Basketmouth To Jonathan: I Apologize For Disrespecting You by Zico5(m): 7:49am On Aug 11, 2016
U need no apology. Its clear to the blind, audible to the deaf that Gej with his criminals destroyed everything the country supposed to use for today's austerity. Where is Diesani today, where is obanikoro, among others. They know what they have done and that is why they are running here and there. There can never be peace for the wicked. They will eventually pay for their sins unless they will not step into this country again.

4 Likes

Re: Basketmouth To Jonathan: I Apologize For Disrespecting You by seguno2: 7:49am On Aug 11, 2016
Another zombie bites the dust.
SMH.

26 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Royhill Edozie's Last Instagram Post Featuring IK Ogbonna & Alexreports / I Am A Born-again Christian - Mildred Ehiguese, Miss Nigeria / Reekado Banks & Fan Insult Each Other Over Tattoo (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.