Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,842 members, 7,806,367 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:28 PM

Grandma, Six Others Arrested For Robbery. (Picture) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Grandma, Six Others Arrested For Robbery. (Picture) (31350 Views)

Lagos CEO 'Mr Stainless' Who Duped His Ex-girlfriends & Others Arrested. Photos / Fake Naval Rating, Others Arrested For Robbery (photo) / Amputee, Others Arrested For Impersonating Tinubu, Saraki (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Grandma, Six Others Arrested For Robbery. (Picture) by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:56am On Aug 11, 2016
The Zone 2 Police Command, Lagos State, has arrested a gang of armed robbers which allegedly hijacked trucks at gunpoint in different parts of Ondo, Oyo, Ogun and Lagos states.

PUNCH Metro learnt that among the seven suspects was a 54-year-old grandmother, Bola Ajayi, who was apprehended in the Ilupeju area of Lagos State for allegedly receiving some of the stolen goods.

Our correspondent gathered that the gang members were arrested by operatives attached to the zonal command on Monday, August 1.

The other six suspects are Olanrewaju Gbadamosi, 33; Lukman Akinola, 33; Dele Rotimi, 37; Taiwo Olabode, 38; Uche Anthony, 27; and Taiwo Ayodele, 27.

The police said the gang members were nabbed at about 10am while allegedly on a robbery operation at a hotel in Ore, Ondo State.

Two locally-made guns and one dummy gun were recovered from them.

Speaking with PUNCH Metro while being paraded at the zonal headquarters, Ajayi, who hails from Abeokuta, Ogun State, denied knowing the gang members.

She said, “I do not know any of these gang members. It is true that I bought about 100 cartons of drinks from Lanre’s father (Gbadamosi). That was in April 2015. I did not know the goods were stolen. The man was my friend’s husband. It was the man who said he had some goods to sell and I paid him. I cannot recall how much I paid for the cartons. I have never met his son or any of these people. I have children and grandchildren; I cannot rob.”

Gbadamosi said he had participated in two robbery operations, adding that he had repented.

He said, “I am not the ring leader. But when the police arrested me, I became sober. I was the one who led police operatives to arrest the others. I had gone to rob on just two occasions. I cannot say how much I made. I was into plank business before. A friend introduced me to hijacking trucks and I made N300,000 on my first operation.”

The Assistant Inspector-General of Police, Zone 2, Abdulmajid Ali, who paraded the gang, said investigation was ongoing.

He said, “The suspects were arrested in Ore, Ondo State; Fiditi, Oyo State; and Ogijo, Ogun State. The syndicate confessed to hijacking and robbing about four trailers between 2015 and now. They were also involved in serial kidnappings in those states. Investigation is in progress and the suspects will soon appear in court.

http://www.punching.com/grandma-six-others-arrested-robbery/

2 Likes

Re: Grandma, Six Others Arrested For Robbery. (Picture) by madridguy(m): 9:58am On Aug 11, 2016
Send them to INBOX sharpaerly.

2 Likes

Re: Grandma, Six Others Arrested For Robbery. (Picture) by igraman(m): 10:06am On Aug 11, 2016
just like many others, after parading dazall... nothing will be heard about them anymore .... straight down the drains.

Nigeria police and unnecessary obfuscations are like NL and the popular Jacob Zuma pics.

I don't feel like checking names today.
Don't ask me why...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Grandma, Six Others Arrested For Robbery. (Picture) by BeeBeeOoh(m): 10:13am On Aug 11, 2016
PUNCH Metro learnt that among the seven suspects was a 54-year-old grandmother, Bola Ajayi,who was apprehended in the Ilupeju area of Lagos State for allegedly receiving some of the stolen goods.

The other six suspects are Olanrewaju Gbadamosi, 33; Lukman Akinola, 33; Dele Rotimi, 37; Taiwo Olabode, 38; Uche Anthony, 27; and Taiwo Ayodele, 27.

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: Grandma, Six Others Arrested For Robbery. (Picture) by ClassCaptain(m): 10:37am On Aug 11, 2016
i will not comment on the nomenclature

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Grandma, Six Others Arrested For Robbery. (Picture) by BeeBeeOoh(m): 10:51am On Aug 11, 2016
ClassCaptain:

i will not comment on the nomenclature

I am dumbfolded, I have nothing to alter..

4 Likes

Re: Grandma, Six Others Arrested For Robbery. (Picture) by AuroraB(f): 11:03am On Aug 11, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Grandma, Six Others Arrested For Robbery. (Picture) by izzou(m): 11:58am On Aug 11, 2016
Strange news everywhere
Re: Grandma, Six Others Arrested For Robbery. (Picture) by Nobody: 12:29pm On Aug 11, 2016
cool

Re: Grandma, Six Others Arrested For Robbery. (Picture) by yankeedude(m): 12:29pm On Aug 11, 2016
I am not surprised. This is end time.
Re: Grandma, Six Others Arrested For Robbery. (Picture) by rawpadgin(m): 12:30pm On Aug 11, 2016
[b][/b]Bola Ajayi, who was apprehended in the Ilupeju area of Lagos State for allegedly receiving some of the stolen goods.

Our correspondent gathered that the gang members were arrested by operatives attached to the zonal command on Monday, August 1.

NCAN delta state zonal coordinator

Reporting live from forcados terminal

The westerners are leading easterners 6-1

I repeat 6-1

Over & out

45 Likes

Re: Grandma, Six Others Arrested For Robbery. (Picture) by Nobody: 12:30pm On Aug 11, 2016
The other six suspects are Olanrewaju Gbadamosi, 33; Lukman Akinola, 33; Dele Rotimi, 37; Taiwo Olabode,
38; Uche Anthony, 27; and Taiwo Ayodele, 27

Umu Jezeebel

32 Likes

Re: Grandma, Six Others Arrested For Robbery. (Picture) by DabuIIIT: 12:30pm On Aug 11, 2016
Zombies will avoid this thread like a plague..Ajayi and other afonja names don spoil market,otherwise "USHE" for døn enter trouble
grin grin grin

olorilimestone:
WHY MAKING USE OF THE STATEMENT GRANDMA ?
JUST SAY 7 PEOPLE ARRESTED FOR ROBBERY.
WHY U COME DEY MAKE D GRANDMA SUBJECT OF THE CLAUSE
MAY GOD SEE THEM THROUGH

accomplice alert!!!

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Grandma, Six Others Arrested For Robbery. (Picture) by mhisbliss(f): 12:31pm On Aug 11, 2016
reason why you should get a receipt for everything you buy

1 Like

Re: Grandma, Six Others Arrested For Robbery. (Picture) by hausatiff: 12:31pm On Aug 11, 2016
hmmm
Re: Grandma, Six Others Arrested For Robbery. (Picture) by olorilimestone: 12:31pm On Aug 11, 2016
WHY MAKING USE OF THE STATEMENT GRANDMA ?

JUST SAY 7 PEOPLE ARRESTED FOR ROBBERY.

WHY U COME DEY MAKE D GRANDMA SUBJECT OF THE CLAUSE

MAY GOD SEE THEM THROUGH

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Grandma, Six Others Arrested For Robbery. (Picture) by Lilimax(f): 12:32pm On Aug 11, 2016
omg! Crime everywhere! embarassed
Re: Grandma, Six Others Arrested For Robbery. (Picture) by ubsilas(m): 12:32pm On Aug 11, 2016
NCAN National Headquarters grin

10 Likes

Re: Grandma, Six Others Arrested For Robbery. (Picture) by DirtyGold: 12:32pm On Aug 11, 2016
It is a wa!

1 Like

Re: Grandma, Six Others Arrested For Robbery. (Picture) by Lilimax(f): 12:32pm On Aug 11, 2016
Name checkers oya embarassed...!

5 Likes

Re: Grandma, Six Others Arrested For Robbery. (Picture) by adoks(m): 12:33pm On Aug 11, 2016
Grang ma...haba
Re: Grandma, Six Others Arrested For Robbery. (Picture) by Philinho(m): 12:33pm On Aug 11, 2016
Iniquity paralyzes mentality
Re: Grandma, Six Others Arrested For Robbery. (Picture) by adoks(m): 12:34pm On Aug 11, 2016
undecidedgrand ma...haba
Re: Grandma, Six Others Arrested For Robbery. (Picture) by Greataausim(m): 12:34pm On Aug 11, 2016
I thinks her old age is cursed.... They should serves her right to kirikiri.... Na her dey follow one chance motor dey pretendi to be grandma to convince they victims. Foolish grandma, shame on you, Idoit. Olosho. I hate seeing this

1 Like

Re: Grandma, Six Others Arrested For Robbery. (Picture) by Egbabiekperemo: 12:34pm On Aug 11, 2016
Cc

Name checkers association food done come o

2 Likes

Re: Grandma, Six Others Arrested For Robbery. (Picture) by kgr8mike(m): 12:35pm On Aug 11, 2016
Ok
Re: Grandma, Six Others Arrested For Robbery. (Picture) by Ameboperoo(m): 12:35pm On Aug 11, 2016
You need to be careful when buying things especially from people you are not very sure of.

1 Like

Re: Grandma, Six Others Arrested For Robbery. (Picture) by kaen1317: 12:35pm On Aug 11, 2016
Feels good to see those names. Where are my Afonja brothers Sure they were hoping to see SE names

8 Likes

Re: Grandma, Six Others Arrested For Robbery. (Picture) by onnenka: 12:35pm On Aug 11, 2016
Bola Ajayi

1 Like

Re: Grandma, Six Others Arrested For Robbery. (Picture) by Francis95(m): 12:36pm On Aug 11, 2016
The Brown Roof Ajonjos

cool

9 Likes

Re: Grandma, Six Others Arrested For Robbery. (Picture) by kayo80(m): 12:36pm On Aug 11, 2016
Why spoil the grandma's reputation na? So if I buy a phone from a friend and I don't know where he got it from, but it happened that he had stolen it, then I become a thief too? It doesn't make sense. It is not like they dashed her the goods. She bought them.

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oyo Teenager Kills Father, Mother Arrested For Hiding Crime / Man Curses Killers Of Nigerian In Togo (graphic Photo) / Man Beats Up His Partner Till She Bleeds Then Boasts That He's From Royal Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.