Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,400 members, 7,781,156 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:01 AM

We’ve Paid N700bn For Road Projects – FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We’ve Paid N700bn For Road Projects – FG (15133 Views)

We’ve Paid Some Fulani To Stop Killings In Southern Kaduna – El-rufai / Ongoing FG Road Projects In The South-East In Pictures / We Don't Have Money To Release, For Capital Projects: FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

We’ve Paid N700bn For Road Projects – FG by Jirate(m): 9:57am On Aug 11, 2016
The Federal Government has paid about N700bn out of the N2.1tn liabilities for the construction of 206 road projects across the country, the Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, has said.

Although the minister was not specific if it was the present government that paid the sum, he, however, explained that out of the N300bn already released by the Federal Government since the 2016 budget was signed into law, his ministry received N102bn.

In a statement issued by his Special Adviser on Communications, Mr. Hakeem Bello, on Wednesday, Fashola stated that the N102bn that his ministry got “has been described as a lion’s share of the N300bn.”

“But it is a lion’s share against our realities and the realities are that we inherited 206 roads under construction and the liabilities for those roads were in the region of N2.1tn,” he added, pointing out that the government had paid about N700bn of the amount.

Fashola also stated that as of July this year, N70bn had been paid out to contractors, project managers and consultants for roads and bridges, adding that with the payment, the various contractors had since returned to site.

He listed the road projects where the contractors had returned to site to include the Kano-Katsina Road, Kano-Maiduguri Road, Ilorin-Jebba Road, Loko-Oweto Road, Lagos-Ibadan Expressway and the Port Harcourt-Enugu Road, among others.

In the power sector, Fashola said with the money available, the ministry was working to complete the 215 megawatts Kaduna Power Plant, the transmission line for the Gurara 40MW plant, and the Kashimbilla plant, adding that it was also remobilising contractors back to the various transmission sites.

Recommending fiscal spending as a way out of the current recession, the minister described the 2016 budget size as ambitious, adding that an increased budgetary size would enable the administration to fund the various capital projects that would impact on the livelihood of the populace.

http://punchng.com/weve-paid-n700bn-road-projects-fg/

2 Likes

Re: We’ve Paid N700bn For Road Projects – FG by kossyablaze(m): 9:58am On Aug 11, 2016
Na till I see the roads i go believe

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ve Paid N700bn For Road Projects – FG by richidinho(m): 10:01am On Aug 11, 2016
Shey no be only 2 times dem release money to economy?

How come only road get 700bn when the total money released was 760bn?

http://thenationonlineng.net/fed-govt-releases-n109b-boost-economy-says-adeosun/

http://m.guardian.ng/news/govt-begins-release-of-2016-budget-funds-today/

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ve Paid N700bn For Road Projects – FG by onnenka: 10:01am On Aug 11, 2016
Na Tinubu account all the money enter.

Minister of darkness and bad roads.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We’ve Paid N700bn For Road Projects – FG by Izonpikin: 10:04am On Aug 11, 2016
I hope there won't be another anenih saga....contract those road projects to Julies berger and let's see results...

1 Like

Re: We’ve Paid N700bn For Road Projects – FG by Nobody: 10:05am On Aug 11, 2016
Fraud. How come we are not feeling the impact of such spend embarassed embarassed embarassed

17 Likes

Re: We’ve Paid N700bn For Road Projects – FG by saintkel(m): 10:08am On Aug 11, 2016
Which road pls? I have not seen any meaningful project executed since dis Daura man took over from GEJ. All projects commissioned r those from previous admin

37 Likes

Re: We’ve Paid N700bn For Road Projects – FG by saintkel(m): 10:09am On Aug 11, 2016
Keneking:
Fraud. How come we are not feeling the impact of such spend embarassed embarassed embarassed

Lol bro I thought u were d brain child behind dis government, did they kick u out?

32 Likes

Re: We’ve Paid N700bn For Road Projects – FG by Jirate(m): 10:09am On Aug 11, 2016
kossyablaze:
Na till I see the roads i go believe

O Boy no be only You, Me I no see the Roads O.

Na only the Ones wey Gej do I dey See……….., like the Benin Ore Road. Men, that road is Good. (for those Portions that he did before leaving) Any time on my way to Lagos from Benin or returning, I always Pray Good Prayers for Jonathan inside me.

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We’ve Paid N700bn For Road Projects – FG by appini: 10:15am On Aug 11, 2016
Another lie

4 Likes

Re: We’ve Paid N700bn For Road Projects – FG by psucc(m): 10:17am On Aug 11, 2016
NLers pls be truthful, whoever sees these roads should let us know.
Believing any word from this govt is now a task Nigerians undertake with great caution.

Till I see confirmation, it remains the usual APC . . .

25 Likes

Re: We’ve Paid N700bn For Road Projects – FG by youngeagle(m): 10:27am On Aug 11, 2016
Does this man know contract terms abi una just dey release money thinking that will solve or road issue...u release money based on milestone of the contractor...I bet this money don enter one chairman account dey chill

1 Like

Re: We’ve Paid N700bn For Road Projects – FG by AntiIPOOP(m): 10:40am On Aug 11, 2016
Lol a wailers spreading good new? This doesn't sound right to me grin

2 Likes

Re: We’ve Paid N700bn For Road Projects – FG by obailala(m): 11:36am On Aug 11, 2016
Jirate:

O Boy no be only You, Me I no see the Roads O.

Na only the Ones wey Gej do I dey See……….., like the Benin Ore Road. Men that road is Good. (for those Portions that he did before leaving) Any time on my way to Lagos from Benin or returning, I always Pray Good Prayers for Jonathan inside me.
Too bad that he couldn't do many more portions, or even other roads. Nigerians don't really need so much from the government, just some little patches here and there and everything would be fine, but leaders keep patching only their pockets and the pockets of their friends.

5 Likes

Re: We’ve Paid N700bn For Road Projects – FG by Jirate(m): 11:56am On Aug 11, 2016
obailala:
Too bad that he couldn't do many more portions, or even other roads. Nigerians don't really need so much from the government, just some little patches here and there and everything would be fine, but leaders keep patching only their pockets and the pockets of their friends.

GEJ also started work on the Benin to Okene Dualisation, this road links Benin to Abuja and other Northern cities.
Honestly, I don't know the condition of the road now. Have'nt been to Abuja for over a year now. Any one who knows should please tell us. cool

5 Likes

Re: We’ve Paid N700bn For Road Projects – FG by obailala(m): 12:36pm On Aug 11, 2016
Jirate:

GEJ also started work on the Benin to Okene Dualisation, this road links Benin to Abuja and other Northern cities.
Honestly, I don't know the condition of the road now. Have'nt been to Abuja for over a year now. Any one who knows should please tell us. cool
The last time I passed the Benin-Auchi road was mid-2014, only about 400m of the road had been demarcated (not dualised). I hear the contract was since abandoned and the road (especially the Auch area) is in a horrible state every rainy season.

3 Likes

Re: We’ve Paid N700bn For Road Projects – FG by SylarsMcQuins: 1:17pm On Aug 11, 2016
They finally use the word have and not will, let's see what they can offer.
Re: We’ve Paid N700bn For Road Projects – FG by Nobody: 1:18pm On Aug 11, 2016
700bn for roads... And they are yet to complete okeira / obawole road

1 Like

Re: We’ve Paid N700bn For Road Projects – FG by Zico5(m): 1:18pm On Aug 11, 2016
Fashola, pls continue ur good work o. The wailers will never see good deeds here. They have been blindfolded by corruption and chop I chop. Their allegiance is forever for the clueless one. The end of this tenure will justify the mean. I love this good news

2 Likes

Re: We’ve Paid N700bn For Road Projects – FG by Originality007: 1:19pm On Aug 11, 2016
grin
Re: We’ve Paid N700bn For Road Projects – FG by Landloard01(m): 1:19pm On Aug 11, 2016
ok
Re: We’ve Paid N700bn For Road Projects – FG by shamecurls(m): 1:19pm On Aug 11, 2016
[size=18pt]God bless Babatunde Raji Fashola

God bless His Excellency, President Mohammadu Buhari

God bless The Federal Republic of Nigeria
[/size]

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We’ve Paid N700bn For Road Projects – FG by SylarsMcQuins: 1:19pm On Aug 11, 2016
saintkel:
Lol bro I thought u were d brain child behind dis government, did they kick u out?

He didn't get his cut so he decided to go rogue
Re: We’ve Paid N700bn For Road Projects – FG by kayo80(m): 1:20pm On Aug 11, 2016
Okay sir.
Re: We’ve Paid N700bn For Road Projects – FG by Jirate(m): 1:22pm On Aug 11, 2016
obailala:
The last time I passed the Benin-Auchi road was mid-2014, only about 400m of the road had been demarcated (not dualised). I hear the contract was since abandoned and the road (especially the Auch area) is in a horrible state every rainy season.

Will be visiting Ekpoma soon, this road needs urgent FG attention, but Bubu is sleeping. I wonder why APC expect Edo people to vote for them next month, I really wonder why. cool

6 Likes

Re: We’ve Paid N700bn For Road Projects – FG by freemanbubble: 1:23pm On Aug 11, 2016
fashola again? that was how he came to Benin to claim the brain behind one electrical power plant in Edo state. and our stupid power distribution company in Benin pretends during fashola visit that we were enjoying electricity in benin by giving us forty eight hours of uninterrupted power. to make the whole thing worse, then our zombies called youth started praising him. i have to create time to enlighten them that the power project was started and finished by jonathan. i worked there for some years and moreover that place is my village.
a foreigner once told me that the problem of Nigeria is the youth. that our youth don't have a good sense of reasoning and they need to be enlighten.

10 Likes

Re: We’ve Paid N700bn For Road Projects – FG by gift01: 1:23pm On Aug 11, 2016
Here we go again....The rainy season would justify
Re: We’ve Paid N700bn For Road Projects – FG by electrokcoi(m): 1:24pm On Aug 11, 2016
hope port Harcourt aba road is among
Re: We’ve Paid N700bn For Road Projects – FG by Mockinbird: 1:24pm On Aug 11, 2016
N700b?! That was a bit unfortunate.
Re: We’ve Paid N700bn For Road Projects – FG by Raypawer(m): 1:25pm On Aug 11, 2016
So is it not you work should we clap for you mr Minister
Re: We’ve Paid N700bn For Road Projects – FG by KanwuliaExtra: 1:26pm On Aug 11, 2016
Na today?
So, WHERE ARE THE PHOCKING ROADS? undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Donald Trump Endorses Biafran Independence. / Presidential Results From Abia State. / FG moves to revive Enugu coal mines

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.