Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,864 members, 7,798,879 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:41 AM

‘Nigeria Should Still Watch Out For Ebola, Lassa Fever’ - Dr. Sadiq - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / ‘Nigeria Should Still Watch Out For Ebola, Lassa Fever’ - Dr. Sadiq (7701 Views)

Remembering Nurse Justina Ejelonu Who Died During The Ebola Outbreak (Photos) / Sadiq Sani's Neck Surgery Sponsored By Kebbi Governor's Wife Was Successful / Researchers Discover New Killer Virus, Worse Than Ebola, Lassa Fever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘Nigeria Should Still Watch Out For Ebola, Lassa Fever’ - Dr. Sadiq by Aremu01(m): 10:50am On Aug 11, 2016
Concerned that Africa, particularly Nigeria, is still vulnerable to emerging epidemics such as the Ebola Virus Disease, Lassa fever, Zika virus and others, a public health expert based in the United States, Dr. Babajide Sadiq, has warned that government at all levels must introduce adequate steps to prevent a re-occurrence.

Sadiq, who is currently the Health Equity Epidemiologist for the State of Texas, said he had developed a strategy called the Evidence-Based Model that would assist the country in checking disease outbreaks.

He said, “The Evidence Based Model in public health is what they use in developed countries. It involves employing the disease surveillance system in Nigeria, data collection and the healthcare management system. Following the absence of a proper health data system in Nigeria, my team and I want to design a good one.

“If we have the model in place, we would have adequate information on certain diseases, epidemics and the region or persons who are most vulnerable to contracting it. Our plan is to run the programme for two to three years in Nigeria.”
Working in partnership with the Bill Gates Foundation and similar non-governmental organisations, Sadiq, who is also the co-founder of Genii ‘Geniuses’ Associates, a global health consulting outfit, said the research would start in communities and rural areas of the country.
Sadiq said Nigeria was chosen to execute the project due to its laudable efforts in checking the EVD. He called on Nigerian scientists in the Diaspora to contribute their quota to the health sector.
“I have worked for the Centre for Disease Control and I have managed over 10 million data sets in Florida. But if everybody keeps saying they don’t want to come back home, who is going to fix the problem?
“The reports from the World Health Organisation about developing countries are not favourable. There are always cases of cholera, malaria, diarrhoea and so on. I have my family members who live in Nigeria and if somebody calls me to say that someone is knocked down by any of these diseases, it would affect me psychologically. I’m working with some experts with over 35 years’ experience.”
The scientist said the organisation was set to convene a health summit in December, which will focus on the management and prevention of disease outbreaks.
“This conference will enable experts from different countries to exchange ideas on how to detect epidemic, how to develop our capacity for rapid diagnosis and how we can develop our capacity for rapid case detection.
“Other aims include contact tracing, disease surveillance, biosecurity and biosafety, detecting biological trace, vaccine strategy and preventive measures,” Sadiq added.

www.punchng.com/nigeria-still-watch-ebola-lassa-fever/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘Nigeria Should Still Watch Out For Ebola, Lassa Fever’ - Dr. Sadiq by Aremu01(m): 10:51am On Aug 11, 2016
Another time for salt bath... Lalasticlala did you have your salt bath last two years as well?

6 Likes

Re: ‘Nigeria Should Still Watch Out For Ebola, Lassa Fever’ - Dr. Sadiq by calaway: 11:25am On Aug 11, 2016
Under Buhari ordinary polio which was eradicated in Nigeria by the past administration 3 years ago is back with UN reporting 5cases....,
Buhari should resign honorably the ability to administer even a village elludes him.

29 Likes

Re: ‘Nigeria Should Still Watch Out For Ebola, Lassa Fever’ - Dr. Sadiq by Nobody: 12:52pm On Aug 11, 2016
Where is the forex? Is at N395 for the drugs? Who can afford it?

Buhari sef embarassed

15 Likes

Re: ‘Nigeria Should Still Watch Out For Ebola, Lassa Fever’ - Dr. Sadiq by biddieluvzyaho(f): 12:53pm On Aug 11, 2016
Seconded grin
Re: ‘Nigeria Should Still Watch Out For Ebola, Lassa Fever’ - Dr. Sadiq by EMMYB0Y(m): 12:53pm On Aug 11, 2016
abeg who is this Dr sadiq. ..... more like mosque lmam... or alufa...... he saw it in vision I guess. .. but news flash. . no ebola. .. lassa... again forever in Nigeria in JESUS NAME. ... abeg pack your bad news ............

and I forgot to mention zika. .. no Zika again in JESUS NAME

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Nigeria Should Still Watch Out For Ebola, Lassa Fever’ - Dr. Sadiq by LuvU2: 12:53pm On Aug 11, 2016
God forbid

1 Like

Re: ‘Nigeria Should Still Watch Out For Ebola, Lassa Fever’ - Dr. Sadiq by mazizitonene(m): 12:53pm On Aug 11, 2016
hmm....nigerians that kill and eat anything.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘Nigeria Should Still Watch Out For Ebola, Lassa Fever’ - Dr. Sadiq by MutantMetahuman: 12:54pm On Aug 11, 2016
calaway:
Under Buhari ordinary polio which was eradicated in Nigeria by the past administration 3 years ago is back with UN reporting 5cases....,
Buhari should resign honorably the ability to administer even a village elludes him.

So buhari gave them polio?

2 Likes

Re: ‘Nigeria Should Still Watch Out For Ebola, Lassa Fever’ - Dr. Sadiq by hausatiff: 12:54pm On Aug 11, 2016
hmmmmm
Re: ‘Nigeria Should Still Watch Out For Ebola, Lassa Fever’ - Dr. Sadiq by osjoshua(m): 12:55pm On Aug 11, 2016
...imagine, a man in my street killed n ate a monkey jux yesterday, almost all the people in the street ate out of it xcept me and some other educated dudes....
Saying ebola is gone n gone 4 ever after the warning i gave to a man about his share in the meat...
I'll upload n create a thread of the pics i got from a girl about the act later when i settle down

Currently inside God is Good motos, travelin to my aunts place to aviod ebola infections cos i'm scared for them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘Nigeria Should Still Watch Out For Ebola, Lassa Fever’ - Dr. Sadiq by mosho2good: 12:55pm On Aug 11, 2016
Anyone that bears the name sadiq are not good people.
Good words don't come out of their mouth
Re: ‘Nigeria Should Still Watch Out For Ebola, Lassa Fever’ - Dr. Sadiq by Lovelynature(m): 12:55pm On Aug 11, 2016
Make Ebola or lasa fever no even try am ooo. For this Buhari time wey unemployment, power outage, boko haram, herdsmen, high rate of goods and services, plus hunger won finish people. Make Ebola and lasa fever no come add for wetin Naija people carry already. The only thing Buhari can do is to blame the past administration over ebola and lasa fever issues while the masses suffer

12 Likes

Re: ‘Nigeria Should Still Watch Out For Ebola, Lassa Fever’ - Dr. Sadiq by Nobody: 12:56pm On Aug 11, 2016
Ok
Re: ‘Nigeria Should Still Watch Out For Ebola, Lassa Fever’ - Dr. Sadiq by DirtyGold: 12:57pm On Aug 11, 2016
Space for sale.
Serious buyers only, thank you.

What's tha business?
Re: ‘Nigeria Should Still Watch Out For Ebola, Lassa Fever’ - Dr. Sadiq by shamecurls(m): 12:57pm On Aug 11, 2016
Keneking:

Buhari sef embarassed

You need to be used for sacrifice!
Re: ‘Nigeria Should Still Watch Out For Ebola, Lassa Fever’ - Dr. Sadiq by Kaybee14(m): 12:59pm On Aug 11, 2016
We will not experience any calamity again.
Nigerians just need to be extremely careful.

1 Like

Re: ‘Nigeria Should Still Watch Out For Ebola, Lassa Fever’ - Dr. Sadiq by gvrter: 1:00pm On Aug 11, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked grin
Re: ‘Nigeria Should Still Watch Out For Ebola, Lassa Fever’ - Dr. Sadiq by Kaybee14(m): 1:00pm On Aug 11, 2016
We will not experience any calamity again.
Nigerians just need to be extremely careful.

3 Likes

Re: ‘Nigeria Should Still Watch Out For Ebola, Lassa Fever’ - Dr. Sadiq by osjoshua(m): 1:00pm On Aug 11, 2016
mazizitonene:
hmm....nigerians that kill and eat anything.....

i pity 9ja....abroad is the way
Re: ‘Nigeria Should Still Watch Out For Ebola, Lassa Fever’ - Dr. Sadiq by NairaMaster1(m): 1:00pm On Aug 11, 2016
May be the doctor want to import it as part of his research on Africa. Bad wish

1 Like

Re: ‘Nigeria Should Still Watch Out For Ebola, Lassa Fever’ - Dr. Sadiq by tammie24: 1:00pm On Aug 11, 2016
If that happens now... this country is gone!

Criminal herdsmen we dey see with our koro koro eye , they never tackle finish na Ebola wey we no fit see!

1 Like

Re: ‘Nigeria Should Still Watch Out For Ebola, Lassa Fever’ - Dr. Sadiq by Mockinbird: 1:00pm On Aug 11, 2016
calaway:
Keneking:
Buhari sef embarassed

[/quote]
mosho2good:
Anyone that bears the name sadiq are not good people.
Good words don't come out of their mouth

[/quote]
To blame is to be stupid.

1 Like

Re: ‘Nigeria Should Still Watch Out For Ebola, Lassa Fever’ - Dr. Sadiq by melodyirish(m): 1:02pm On Aug 11, 2016
Almighty God pls don't allow dat to happen, protect us because our government won't do dat, instead dey will blame it on past 16yrs tins, a lot will suffer again including d ones suffering now. Let's join hand nd pray Seriously because if it happens we are doomed. Baba nd his company will not even look d way of poor masses
Re: ‘Nigeria Should Still Watch Out For Ebola, Lassa Fever’ - Dr. Sadiq by rhektor(m): 1:05pm On Aug 11, 2016
If lassa fever and Ebola virus is added to Nigeria's problem.

Then Nigeria is completely finished. Abi person wey no get money buy rice go fit afford Ebola treatment? undecided undecided undecided
Re: ‘Nigeria Should Still Watch Out For Ebola, Lassa Fever’ - Dr. Sadiq by Daslim180(m): 1:05pm On Aug 11, 2016
I don't think the present Government can handle those diseases. A Government that can not handle tomato ebola how sure will they handle the human ebola. Na only God fit intervene 4 us should in case.

2 Likes

Re: ‘Nigeria Should Still Watch Out For Ebola, Lassa Fever’ - Dr. Sadiq by kelvine(m): 1:08pm On Aug 11, 2016
We had better not joke with this news. Instead we should increase awareness.
If Ebola dares strike with this present economic state and gross cluelessness,many people will die and others live in extreme anxiety.
That is when Fashola will forget he was once Governor of Lagos state who helped with the eradication.

1 Like

Re: ‘Nigeria Should Still Watch Out For Ebola, Lassa Fever’ - Dr. Sadiq by kayo80(m): 1:09pm On Aug 11, 2016
Hmm! The funny thing about life is...The more we advance the more we discover newer diseases. Just when a cure for one disease is discovered, another more deadly one pops out.
Re: ‘Nigeria Should Still Watch Out For Ebola, Lassa Fever’ - Dr. Sadiq by Babamama: 1:11pm On Aug 11, 2016
we will not see bad thing

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Chinwe Chibuike Foundation, Nkechi Ikpeazu Flag Off Free Eye Care Service / 20 Days Weight Loss Challenge With Green Coffee By Gidini / This Herb Treats Piles In 30 Minutes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.