Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,537 members, 7,808,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:15 PM

Prediction: Yaradua, Duke Ticket Combo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prediction: Yaradua, Duke Ticket Combo (1275 Views)

GEJ Stopped River Niger Contract Awarded By Yaradua, Indigenes Promise Payback / BUHARI / DONALD DUKE Ticket Could Be The Magic Wand. / Yaradua's Assets - N500 Million: Could It Be True? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prediction: Yaradua, Duke Ticket Combo by streetcyph: 3:27am On Dec 10, 2006
YARADUA PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE PDP

DUKE VP CANDIDATE PDP

in one week from now, i will be saying i told you so. guaranteed
Re: Prediction: Yaradua, Duke Ticket Combo by saintchux(m): 8:33am On Dec 10, 2006
I will not be surprised.

After all El Rufia has said it. Obasanjo has also confirmed.

Even though it is selection rather than election. But I believe that they will perfrom better than Obasanjo. The way Duke is managing cross river state. I know that he will do his est for Nigeria, just like yaradua. The only governor I know that decalred his assets including the money he has in trust fot his late brother.

Let us watch as seen how the selection 2007 is going to be. In this country our vote does not count. What matter is who Aso rock wants.
Re: Prediction: Yaradua, Duke Ticket Combo by azorjiu(m): 12:30pm On Dec 10, 2006
I find the analysis in THISDAY interesting

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=65345

Who is the man YAR' ADUA? I don't know this guy more than I know his name.
I hope he will make a good president as the pendulum is swinging towards his favour.

One thing I'm happy about is that Babangida came out for president. He will soon realize that he is not as maradonic as people take him. He is no longer relevant in the nigeria of today. His theorists will come to know that after all, Babangida is not invincible. He has blood and water running in his veins.

EFCC is after Odili and he may be in prison by next instead of Aso Rock. His chances are as slim as ever.

I don't care where the presidency goes in as much as nigeria belongs to all of us. If Yar' Adua can do the job well and he is confirmed as a prudent and non corrupt nigerian, I don't see the reason why he shouldn't be given the chance to rule. What we need now is consolidation of democratic gains.

I hope 2007 will brings smile to face of nigerians. I hope one day we will be able to beat our chest and say WE ARE NIGERIANS. I'm tired of our third world status.

May they not buy our votes again with salt, sugar and onions. We hope for a better 2007
Re: Prediction: Yaradua, Duke Ticket Combo by exu(m): 1:32pm On Dec 10, 2006
What has Yar'Adua done do be worthy of the Presidency?

I know his father was a great advocate of democracy in Nigeria- but I'm curious to know what he himself has done in Katsina.
Re: Prediction: Yaradua, Duke Ticket Combo by TerraCotta(m): 6:28pm On Dec 10, 2006
exu:

What has Yar'Adua done do be worthy of the Presidency?

I know his father was a great advocate of democracy in Nigeria- but I'm curious to know what he himself has done in Katsina.

I have the exact same question. While it's great that he's attached to a somewhat reputable family (I believe General Yar'Adua was his brother, not his father) and he's supposedly been clear of corruption, that's not enough reason for someone to be president. Duke has delivered tangible benefits in agriculture, education, civic cleanliness, and soon the biggest business tourism resort in the nation. What has Yar'Adua got in Katsina that equals or rivals that? All this hoopla about him being OBJ's chosen successor is nonsense--it's the same thing that was said about Odili and even IBB back in the early years of OBJ's return. I think the old man has surprises up his sleeve--he's tried for the country over the last seven years (I don't know if he's entirely clean, but his two terms have created the best infrastructure changes we've had in 30 years) and he's not going to let it all slip away to some underperforming criminals.

I hope that Yar'Adua's name's only in the ballot to frustrate the corrupt Northern elements (IBB/Atiku/Zamfara state guy) so that Northerners can rally around him as a regional representative instead of being represented by the same corrupt cabal that has underdeveloped the north like the rest of Nigeria. In that case, I think he could be a VP candidate while Duke is the presidential nominee. I just don't know of any real evidence of his performance during his term as governor.

Strangely enough, his brother was Atiku's main political mentor, which means they probably know each other well.

Here's still hoping that Duke will prevail on the 16th.
Re: Prediction: Yaradua, Duke Ticket Combo by LoverBwoy(m): 7:51pm On Dec 10, 2006
the south south people were shouting for their turn and all that ,what happened to all of them?
I have heard only about 4 people from the south-south going for the presidency;while almost all the the northern governors took a step for the post.

Is Yar'dua a governor or just the son/brother of obsanjo's friend- It's amazing what connections can do for you in nigeria o

In that case, I think he could be a VP candidate while Duke is the presidential nominee. I just don't know of any real evidence of his performance during his term as governor.
True, or perharp he isnt very good at bribing the newspapers to sell his story like some of our front page governors.
If he hasnt done anything noticeable he shouldnt even be anywhere near the presidency being a northerner is not enough! We should move awayfrom this tribal thing
Re: Prediction: Yaradua, Duke Ticket Combo by mrmetoo(m): 6:18am On Dec 11, 2006
Pls is there anywhere (website or so) that we can get any information about this Yaradua fellow. The PDP ticket seems to be really swinging his way. I don't know whats going on in Nigeria. Duke has overwhelming evidence of the good work he has done and for some reason none of these so called "king makers" are even mentioning his name. Anyway if Yaradua is good too then thats all we need. We just need someone that can move us forward no matter who he is but I'll still love to learn more about him.
Re: Prediction: Yaradua, Duke Ticket Combo by Bolarge(m): 9:49am On Dec 11, 2006
Duke for President.
Yar'Adua for Vice President(provided nobody more competent can be paraded).
Thunder fire dem if they reverse this order. angry angry
Re: Prediction: Yaradua, Duke Ticket Combo by zexyworm: 10:24am On Dec 11, 2006
Musa Yar'Adua is a sick man with kidney problems - he has to visit a dialysis centre regularly.
This is besides his diabetes and other problems.

It's going to be very difficult to imagine how such an ailment-ridden man can become president!

Due to the above I hope Duke will be given the presidential ticket.
Re: Prediction: Yaradua, Duke Ticket Combo by demmy(m): 10:46am On Dec 11, 2006
Actually its the reverse order that will happen. Yar'dua is probably brought in to be VP to Duke but mainly to scatter IBB and Atiku's ambition. That goal is largely achieved. IBB has quit PDP as expected and Atiku is in limbo, a dead man walking. Obasanjo for all his undemocratic behavior is still the most committed to the Nigerian project.
Re: Prediction: Yaradua, Duke Ticket Combo by otokx(m): 11:46am On Dec 11, 2006
I have always suggested that it might be yar adua as president and duke as vice president. i think it should be in honour of the gentleman agreement to rotate the presidency between north and south.
Re: Prediction: Yaradua, Duke Ticket Combo by stanech: 11:51am On Dec 11, 2006
Are you guys magician well for me as much as I want duke to win I see that Odili has the upper hand in all. If duke wins then it is really Aso rock magic but I will like it
Re: Prediction: Yaradua, Duke Ticket Combo by otokx(m): 12:26pm On Dec 11, 2006
Aso Rock really has some magic.
Re: Prediction: Yaradua, Duke Ticket Combo by omofineboy(m): 4:33pm On Dec 15, 2006
as for the president you are right, but for the vice you re wrong it is andy uba, take it or leave it.

(1) (Reply)

Obasanjo/atiku Face Off: Political Crisis Imminent In Nigeria / What U Dont Know About September 11 / Nigerian Soldiers Killed In Crash(100 Soldiers Died)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.