Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,956 members, 7,806,768 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:08 PM

Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? (22850 Views)

Bill Gates Switches To Android Phone, Dumps Windows Phone / Auto Correct: Smartphone Users Worst Enemy / 20 Weird Things All Addict Android Smartphone Users Do (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by Nduxx(m): 10:42pm On Aug 11, 2016
Do you know you can run APKs on Windows phone 10 only 1GB ram .
Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by Reference(m): 10:45pm On Aug 11, 2016
As long as it permits me to use it when charging, I'm okay. Just sick of devices you have to abandon for hours to charge after giving you poor battery life.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by NigerianScholar: 10:45pm On Aug 11, 2016
Godswillnwaoma:
I.m a window phone user, I started using windows phone right from Lumia 520 when the phone was newly launched , then I upgraded to Lumia 720 (my best camera phone)now I.m currently using Lumia 640xl.

When my friends sees me with windows phone, they will start yabbing me that I dey try oooo dey use that kind phone, say they can't use it even if na dash.
Not that I.m worried about the yabbing because I really enjoyed using windows phone based on the fact that the battery last long, the camera quality is superp and it does not consume data like android phones and so many other reasons.

But my question is..........

Why do people hate windows phones?
Simple and accurate answer.

It is too complicated.....it is not straightforward/ easy to use
Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by flokii: 10:54pm On Aug 11, 2016
I dnt just fancy windows phones, dunno why.. Mayb it's d UI. It's kinda boring, not customizable like that

Morever the name windows goes well with PC unlke iPhones
Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by musicwriter(m): 10:57pm On Aug 11, 2016
Godswillnwaoma:
hmmm. U have said it all. I will migrate to android soon.

He never told you windows phone is not good for you. He said he is an advanced user, tweaking, programming, gaming, and doing other things you personally don't need.

Do you want to buy android phone just because others are buying it?

Your windows phone remains good, as long as it solves your phone needs.

I personally would be downgrading to keypad phones, cause I find touchscreen phones insecure, awkward, it reduces productivity at work, it leads to internet addiction too- something nobody talks about. I don't know what this android craze is all about!!. I have android phone, but don't need all the apps, camera, e.t.c. I don't use any app, unless an app to check my email. All I want is a phone to make and receive call, send email, visit a specific website when not on computer.

Nothing is wrong with your windows phone. Nothing!.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by Temitoppe(m): 10:58pm On Aug 11, 2016
because it's not user friendly
Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by DaveHert(m): 11:04pm On Aug 11, 2016
roughneck:
Most of these folks don't know jack about windows phone, been using windows phone since Lumia 520. It was really disappointing in the beginning but the os has been gradually picking up with every update. I use a windows version of HTC m8 running on windows 10 and believe me, everyone that gets a go at it are always impressed. I guess folks are just too used to android to give windows a try. The downside of windows phone for me is they don't get new apps and updates as early as other platforms. Who says instagram and twitter are shitty on windows phone, it's possible you are still on windows 7 or 8 shii

Amusing! I was given a lumia 1520 as a birthday present by a close friend of mine, mind you it was runing windows 8.1, at first glance I was quickly taken by the camera quality, sleek design and big screen (yeah I love big screens) but after 3 days of usage it felt like sh*th (excuse my language), the app store was just as limited as that of the blackberry, the customization option on the home screen was limited to a few changes (which gets boring pretty fast), even the settings menu was clustered and not properly organised, did you know that it didn't have any file manager? And when I tried to look for one on the store I couldn't find anything that even had half the functions of a proper file manager, the ones that claimed to be good were to be bought, when I finally got them, they weren't worth the money! (I just couldnt find me type of apps on the store) I could go on and on but in a nutshell, I used it for about 2weeks after which I gently removed my sim card and went back to my S6.

I have used Blackberry, IOS, Windows, Android, and to tell you the truth, and in all honesty, Windows sucks big time! until they make their os a bit more open so developers can get the freedom to create awesome apps and make the os lively it will remain that way, IOS would have sucked just like windows with its limitations, but the people behind it are smart enough to make design, apps and games a winning point by focusing on them to make up for the limitations!

But at the end of the day, NOTHING beats Android, not IOS, not BlackBerry and definitely not windows! It beats them all in every aspect, in terms of affordability, functionality, community, freedom, Usage, Apps, Games, Store etc. The only thing that comes close is IOS.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by DaveHert(m): 11:09pm On Aug 11, 2016
musicwriter:

He never told you windows phone is not good for you. He said he is an advanced user, tweaking, programming, gaming, and doing other things you personally don't need.

Do you want to buy android phone just because others are buying it?

Your windows phone remains good, as long as it solves your phone needs.

I personally would be downgrading to keypad phones, cause I find touchscreen phones insecure, awkward, may lead to internet addiction too- something nobody talks about. I don't know what this android craze is all about!!. I have android phone, but don't need all the apps, camera, e.t.c. I don't use any app, unless an app to check my email. All I want is a phone to make and receive call, send email, visit a specific website when not on computer.

Nothing is wrong with your windows phone. Nothing!.

I agree with you on your comment, I for one am already an addict! I don't even want to get desensitised (it's kind of in my line of career ). Bottom line is you should go for phones based on your preference and usage! Not every crowded boat is going your way!
Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by elektra80: 11:13pm On Aug 11, 2016
DaveHert:

Amusing! I was given a lumia 1520 as a birthday present by a close friend of mine, mind you it was runing windows 8.1, at first glance I was quickly taken by the camera quality, sleek design and big screen (yeah I love big screens) but after 3 days of usage it felt like sh*the (excuse my language), the app store was just as limited as that of the blackberry, the customization option on the home screen was limited to a few changes (which gets boring pretty fast), even the settings menu was clustered and not properly organised, did you know that it didn't have any file manager? And when I tried to look for one on the store I couldn't find anything the even had halve the functions of a proper file manager, the ones that claimed to be good were to be bought, when I finally got them, they weren't worth the money! (I couldnt find me type of apps on the store) I could go on and on but in a nutshell, I used it for some weeks after which I gently removed my sim card and went back to my S6,

I have used Blackberry, IOS, Windows, and Android, and to tell you the truth, and if am being all honest, Windows sucks big time, until they make their os a bit more open so developers can get the freedom to create awesome apps and make the os lively it will remain that way, IOS would have sucked just like windows with its limitations, but the people behind it are smart enough to make design, apps and games a winning point by focusing on them to make up for the limitations!

But at the end of the day, NOTHING beats Android, not IOS, not BlackBerry and definitely not windows!

U have said it all. I just don't have the time to argue. I've used all 3 platforms, all flagship and not some mid range phones. The only os I've never used is blackberry , just not my thing. Windows still sucks, this is why they have 0.7℅ market share. Limited apps, the apps that are available have ugly UI compared to android and ios.. but how can u blame developers when microsoft cannot even make eye catching apps. The windows phone UI itself is not eye catching, oversized icons lol.
Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by Nduxx(m): 11:15pm On Aug 11, 2016
I love Windows Phone.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by DaveHert(m): 11:28pm On Aug 11, 2016
elektra80:

U have said it all. I just don't have the time to argue. I've used all 3 platforms, all flagship and not some mid range phones. The only os I've never used is blackberry , just not my thing. Windows still sucks, this is why they have 0.7℅ market share. Limited apps, the apps that are available have ugly UI compared to android and ios.. but how can u blame developers when microsoft cannot even make eye catching apps. The windows phone UI itself is not eye catching, oversized icons lol.

Lolz I get ur drift, their UI really needs a lot of work and changes. but I wasn't blaming developers, I already stated how they lack the freedom to create awesome applications that will make the OS lively, the fault is from Microsoft, they haven't been in the phone arena long enough to know the rules of the battle. I believe the platform does have something to offer, they just haven't found an edge over other OS yet!
Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by ernieboy(m): 11:38pm On Aug 11, 2016
guydangerous:
Window's phones are purely empty, if window's phones operating system can be as flexible as that of Android operating system am certain it can compete.
but apple phones are not flexible in terms of tweaking, but it is still popular.
Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by kulboy(m): 11:41pm On Aug 11, 2016
adedayo3193:

for instance if there is a little crack on a tecno android u can still be using it but on microsoft no it will not work

I Beg to Differ.

Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by folks4luv(f): 11:50pm On Aug 11, 2016
Godswillnwaoma:
I dey tell u.

Tecno camon c9 on my mind.
u wan join d Android family and na tecno phone u wan use start? *sigh*
will advise you go online first, read lots of reviews, it will guide you in choosing d type u want, even tecno plenty
Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by Mcowubaba: 11:50pm On Aug 11, 2016
dumo1:
I use a windows laptop and it's cool though at times it has its tit bitss of annoyances. They should have stuck with just producing the windows OS for just the laptops and desktops and not mobile phones. I played with a friend's Nokia Lumia for just a day and boredom was so unlimited that I had to return the phone back. I mean no apps, and the apps on it lack Lustre, it's just basic compared to android and Ios. if it's not an android or an iphone sorry I ain't buying.
At least 80% of Nigerians use Windows laptop or laptop/computer system with a Windows Os......
Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by chiraqDemon(m): 11:53pm On Aug 11, 2016
Donvilo:
O.P no mind people saying that the phone is not good. That phone is good in it's own way. It's designed for maximum security.
If u de find security buy apple product
Even fbi nor fit crack apple security easily if at all
Windows phone and blackberry two of them dey together in uselessness
E better make i de use nokia torchlight or sagem phone
Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by Appareil(m): 12:22am On Aug 12, 2016
greenhulk:
Why did u single out Nigeria? People in north america don't use Windows phone. People in South America, Asia, Oceania, Europe etc don't use Windows phone. So why would Nigerians use it? Shey na my papa get microsoft wey I go use Windows phone while there are better alternatives.
Na windows phone be my first smartphone And I have new phones but I can't see my sef dropping Windows.
Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by kelvinnaira: 12:39am On Aug 12, 2016
Its not like people hate or love windows phone.. In my opinion, its just what they prefer and wants to use.. If windows had launched with a bang, then it will still be in the lips of many today..

By the way, whichever phone you use, there's always a use for it.. Including browsing and gaming.. You might want to check out the latest 2016 mtn data plans along side the newly revised airtel 3G bundles from a tech blog in Nigeria..

You don't choose a phone because pipo say choose, you choose because it resounds with ur lifestyle..

1 Like

Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by kulboy(m): 12:42am On Aug 12, 2016
adedayo3193:

for instance if there is a little crack on a tecno android u can still be using it but on microsoft no it will not work

I Beg to Differ. My lumia windows phone has been constantly handled roughly by me, falling a lot of times sometimes from unimaginable heights but it still works great from me.

Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by zzzzy: 12:49am On Aug 12, 2016
Nduxx:

Bro that's a very big lie, Windows Phone has an in-bulit threat scanner, no virus can enter ur phone. The phone will delete it before it even enters. Everything u download or send is scanned.
grin funniest comment I've seen on Nl, there is no platform, i repeat no platform that cannot be infected by viruses. Windows os comes with Windows defender but that hasn't stopped numerous virus attacks. Btw who has time to make a virus for a Windows phone,
When you can save your brainpower to target 99% of smartphone users

1 Like

Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by Nobody: 12:50am On Aug 12, 2016
babestella:
Market share or not, it's still got a better market share than BB.

Now, Windows phone is great. I have IOS, android and Windows powered phones, amongst all, I still rate the windows phone higher than android. Is it battery life, charging, or security. After IOS, Windows is better than android in terms of security and when phone is in use or being charged, it never gets hot unlike android powered phone. Answer a call for more than 5 mins and you'll feel the heat.
I just upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, and I must tell you, it's a great OS, window 10 is massive. If you can use Windows 10 powered laptop why condemn a phone that is also powered by Windows 10. Whatever you could do on your laptop, ditto your Windows phone.
With Windows phone, 1GRAM is 1GRAM, some android powered phone will only literally be labeled 3GRAm, but doesn't even have the speed of a 1GRAM phone.

I used a 640XL and it's cool. Try and upgrade your Lumia 640XL and you'll get a feel of power & security. If you can afford the latest Lumia 950, which runs a 3GRAM processor, then you'll know what Lumia is in terms of power.

Cheers bro, don't let anyone make you feel bad because they use popular OS, what I care about iOS Security of my phone and data.
babe how much did u get ur lumia 640xl nd how much does lumia 950 cost. I sent u a mail so we can discuss beta
Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by moshoodn(m): 12:53am On Aug 12, 2016
adedayo3193:
because any slight crack on it,the phone is doomed

So so true...

I have changed my Lumia 535 screen twice.

Funny enough, they all broke under my pillow... something that can never happen to my android.
Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by Rick9(m): 12:53am On Aug 12, 2016
To me the only Phones I know of are Android and iPhone, what the hell is Windows
Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by Nobody: 12:54am On Aug 12, 2016
Linqsz:
Rocking my LUMIA 640XL like kilode.....
the ba3 life no b here oh!!!
what of the camara? make i no answer this one becos i fit break all those android 18mega pixel heart grin cool
The display na finishing plus the gorilla screen ehhh wink

from lumia 610 to lumia 535 and currently rocking lumia 640xl.... what more can i say?

#TEAMLUMIA
Guy how much did u buy that phone i wanna get it
Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by zzzzy: 12:56am On Aug 12, 2016
Rick9:
To me the only Phones I know of are Android and iPhone, what the hell is Windows
lol, what kind of food is that
Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by Nobody: 1:01am On Aug 12, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:
I'm getting a Windows in the next two weeks, I no understand una tweak, gaming tinz, I only want to open any site I want without hanging out due to ram wahala, play scramble, draught, monopoly, snap pinsure, avoid carrying load in the name of charger, etc.
its obvious u have seen the new gionee M5plus
Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by MsTIQ(m): 1:12am On Aug 12, 2016
It's a closed system, end to end phone. It offers little/no adventure.
Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by samurairulzz(m): 1:30am On Aug 12, 2016
adedayo3193:
because any slight crack on it,the phone is doomed
biggest lie... I use lumia 630 and the screen don break no be crack and still works perfectly
Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by wakilionipupuru: 2:29am On Aug 12, 2016
Laughing
Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by Ay92(m): 3:40am On Aug 12, 2016
i use Nokia Lumia 520 and I'm really enjoying it, i love the fact that it's backing up all my data. The only thing I miss about Android is gta
Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by micxwell(m): 3:42am On Aug 12, 2016
DaveHert:

First you need to root your phone, before you can use any of these apps, so be sure to do that.

Then after rooting your phone install Xposed Framework, this will act as the skeleton to the tweaking apps i.e the apps need Xposed framework for them to function properly.

Lucky Patcher (for patching, unlocking paid apps and so much more)

Gravity Box ( for full tweaking and customization )

Wanam Xposed (also for twerking and customization )

Blackmat (get paid apps for free) [doesn't need Xposed or root to work]

There are more tweaking apps in xposed modules repository, just open xposed and go through the download repository, a lot of them there!

Bros your phone is in trouble o cheesy shuuu wetin happen
Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by Pylony(m): 3:57am On Aug 12, 2016
That phone sucks data like vampire.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerians Dumping Glo Network For Airtel, Etisalat, & MTN? / Pictures From TECNO CAMON 19 Series Launch In Lagos / Damaging Chat Habits Particular To Youths Of Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.