Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,121 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:27 AM

In The 1930s, Igbo Men In Elaborate Hairstyles And Body Paint - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / In The 1930s, Igbo Men In Elaborate Hairstyles And Body Paint (62603 Views)

The Insanely Colourful, Elaborate, Custom Coffins From Ghana (photos) / Oyinbo Men In Enugu Drinking Palm Wine And Local Dish (Photos) / Sultan Of Sokoto Sponsors Elaborate Durban To Celebrate Oba Of Benin (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In The 1930s, Igbo Men In Elaborate Hairstyles And Body Paint by AlphaCentauri: 2:54pm On Aug 12, 2016
Ngozi123:

shocked I'll stop replying to you as you're just exposing your ignorance with each word you type. You have a terribly condescending attitude towards the past; those people were highly educated, in fact, I'm willing to bet that the civil servants in the 50s and 60s were better educated on average than those that we have today.
oh really ? the civil service workers of back then could work an ipad and laptop and iphone and write apps programs ? oh really ? come on woman, those days all you needed was a good eye and good hands to get in the civil service

1 Like

Re: In The 1930s, Igbo Men In Elaborate Hairstyles And Body Paint by baby124: 2:56pm On Aug 12, 2016
Nahwao:

This cannot possibly be a Yoruba girl. She is Afonja!
Where does it say that pic is a Yoruba woman? Besides the pics on this page are showing pubic hair my friend. How does this pic compare
Re: In The 1930s, Igbo Men In Elaborate Hairstyles And Body Paint by somegirl1: 3:02pm On Aug 12, 2016
AlphaCentauri:
oh really ? you think a bunch of muscular women with moustache and hairy yam legs are better looking than yoruba or fulani or hausa women ? delusions of grandeur aka chest beating is worrying you.
After seeking clarification like an illiterate person (no insult intended) and accusing me of cowering like you were going to unleash the ultimate shade, this all you could come up with? What a waste of my time.

5 Likes

Re: In The 1930s, Igbo Men In Elaborate Hairstyles And Body Paint by Danfuster(m): 3:05pm On Aug 12, 2016
SharkTank:
When you listen to too much Immortal Technique, you're bound to think from you a.ss

Until you can argue with facts. Your comment/opinion is inconsequential.
Re: In The 1930s, Igbo Men In Elaborate Hairstyles And Body Paint by SharkTank(m): 3:08pm On Aug 12, 2016
Danfuster:

Until you can argue with facts. Your comment/opinion is inconsequential.
i don't need to. You aren't worth the stress.

1 Like

Re: In The 1930s, Igbo Men In Elaborate Hairstyles And Body Paint by ManTiger(m): 3:09pm On Aug 12, 2016
How time flies
Re: In The 1930s, Igbo Men In Elaborate Hairstyles And Body Paint by AlphaCentauri: 3:10pm On Aug 12, 2016
somegirl1:

After seeking clarification like an illiterate person (no insult intended) and accusing me of cowering like you were going to unleash the ultimate shade, this all you could come up with? What a waste of my time.
[b]

listen, as an international traveller and a connoisseur of the finer thangs in life let me tell you how i rate the women in naija. of course i will not rate the men because i am not gay. here is my heirachy for naija women

1- top of the list and the most beautiful is ajebutter yoruba girl. now if you meet an ajebutter yoruba girl, there is nothing more beautiful in nigeria. now dont get me wrong now, there are many yoruba girls who are fantastically ugly, but there is nothing prettier and more valuable than an ajebutter yoruba girl. you know the type ? posh with soft features coupled with the yoruba sophistication. its da best
2- next in line is fulani women with their soft features. although their level of sophistication is strongly affected by their culture. like even though they are pretty but you will not get the level of sophistication you get from an ajebutter yoruba girl.
3-hausa girls
4-itshekiri
5-igbo girls. now there are some good looking igbo girls but the only downfall here is they are very masculine and aggressive. but theere are pretty ones. i wouldnt lie. but i just am not attracted to people who are not soft in nature. igbo women are like igbo men which is aggressive and hard. those are not feminine traits. thats the only reason i put them at number 5. otherwise i would have put you at 3.[/b]

7 Likes

Re: In The 1930s, Igbo Men In Elaborate Hairstyles And Body Paint by Danfuster(m): 3:15pm On Aug 12, 2016
SharkTank:
i don't need to. You aren't worth the stress.

then you shouldn't have sniffed my aşş by quoting me in the first place. Speaking from both side of your mouth... Typical of your ilk. I say again; your ilk is inconsequential
Re: In The 1930s, Igbo Men In Elaborate Hairstyles And Body Paint by Nobody: 3:18pm On Aug 12, 2016

3 Likes

Re: In The 1930s, Igbo Men In Elaborate Hairstyles And Body Paint by AlphaCentauri: 3:23pm On Aug 12, 2016

1 Like

Re: In The 1930s, Igbo Men In Elaborate Hairstyles And Body Paint by betterABIAstate: 3:29pm On Aug 12, 2016
yommen:

And it only took Moremi, a very wise woman from Ife to get you off our back. You see? Just one woman!
if Yoruba's can lie about oduduwa falling from the sky, what can't they lie about?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: In The 1930s, Igbo Men In Elaborate Hairstyles And Body Paint by Yorobastard(m): 4:03pm On Aug 12, 2016
Danfuster:
OK... So igbos claim they are light skinned people by nature but I don't see any traits of fairness in the pic so far. Seeing some of them being ridiculously light skinned today; could it be that the white men ravaged their women?! undecided

Same way west Indians exist today. They took Indians, they took black people, put them in the Caribbean and tens of decade later Rihanna happened.

Go figure: this could be why igbos claim they're not Nigerian but Biafrans grin

Of course we are not niggas/slaves that is postulated to be the present day nigeria....we are Biafrans to the core and mind you, with your low level of sense and visibility I hope you can see that the image displayed only two people with others at a far distance...but since your sisters like our colour which you are jealous off I hope they kwantinu to marry those white men that you say ravished us or use the quickest way to be like us and die an unnatural death cool grin

1 Like

Re: In The 1930s, Igbo Men In Elaborate Hairstyles And Body Paint by Danfuster(m): 4:04pm On Aug 12, 2016
SharkTank:
Says the same dirty ugly group of demon worshipping lunatics who can't make a point without drawing the industrious igbos into their arguments. I will walk over your mention anyhow i want cos i see you as a weak

I believe you're starting to smell yourself. I just showed you Yorubas are wise and civil than you lots. I see you're a fresher here.

Hope you're enjoying your ban and if it hasn't started, prep yourself for one

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: In The 1930s, Igbo Men In Elaborate Hairstyles And Body Paint by Esdb3: 4:10pm On Aug 12, 2016
kettykin:

Which Igbo town is oyo more advanced than. Sometimes coming online to display gross ignorance can end up backfiring, is it not the same oyo that is filled with dead brown roof buildings and ritual forests whose airport is nothing but a big residence of birds and rodents.

Why are you picking on the human? You are accusing he or she of being a tribalist while, in fact you are the tribal bigot here! He or she only made a statement of fact. I read no abuse in that. It was stated that Oyo dynasty saw this people as bush people so gave them the name 'Igbo'. Just like how whites called us negroes and how they regarded the yoruba people as 'eku' people because. Of our tautology of the word. You can only denounce the statement as true or false. Before you cast a stone place yourself under a fucking magnifying glass!

Cc olive282 and
betterABIAstate cheruv

3 Likes

Re: In The 1930s, Igbo Men In Elaborate Hairstyles And Body Paint by Yorobastard(m): 4:16pm On Aug 12, 2016
AlphaCentauri:
[b]

listen, as an international traveller and a connoisseur of the finer thangs in life let me tell you how i rate the women in naija. of course i will not rate the men because i am not gay. here is my heirachy for naija women

1- top of the list and the most beautiful is ajebutter yoruba girl. now if you meet an ajebutter yoruba girl, there is nothing more beautiful in nigeria. now dont get me wrong now, there are many yoruba girls who are fantastically ugly, but there is nothing prettier and more valuable than an ajebutter yoruba girl. you know the type ? posh with soft features coupled with the yoruba sophistication. its da best
2- next in line is fulani women with their soft features. although their level of sophistication is strongly affected by their culture. like even though they are pretty but you will not get the level of sophistication you get from an ajebutter yoruba girl.
3-hausa girls
4-itshekiri
5-igbo girls. now there are some good looking igbo girls but the only downfall here is they are very masculine and aggressive. but theere are pretty ones. i wouldnt lie. but i just am not attracted to people who are not soft in nature. igbo women are like igbo men which is aggressive and hard. those are not feminine traits. thats the only reason i put them at number 5. otherwise i would have put you at 3.[/b]

Joker...you forgot to add that the posh and valuable with the ingredient *sophistication* will have a bad taste at the end of the meal.....Kpele ooh... sophistication

2 Likes

Re: In The 1930s, Igbo Men In Elaborate Hairstyles And Body Paint by AlphaCentauri: 4:20pm On Aug 12, 2016
Yorobastard:

Joker...you forgot to add that the posh and valuable with the ingredient *sophistication* will have a bad taste at the end of the meal.....Kpele ooh... sophistication
bro how edmonton ? you know i used to live in tottenham right ? and seven sisters. all that is my hood. and wood green. bruce grove
Re: In The 1930s, Igbo Men In Elaborate Hairstyles And Body Paint by afoobabs(m): 4:23pm On Aug 12, 2016
sincerely speaking they are cute even the one on the left hand side has packs

1 Like

Re: In The 1930s, Igbo Men In Elaborate Hairstyles And Body Paint by somegirl1: 4:35pm On Aug 12, 2016
AlphaCentauri:
[b]

3-hausa girls
4-itshekiri

Let me indulge you a bit.
I don't have to debate further with you because you contradict yourself and you already know your comment is bull and that's why you started with excuses/ exceptions. If only a small selection of a group is great, how does that small selection make up for the deficiency of the majority?

The "Igbo girl is masculine " comeback is now stale. It is true that some Igbo girls may masculine but they are the exception not the rule.

P.S. Your rating, your problem.

8 Likes

Re: In The 1930s, Igbo Men In Elaborate Hairstyles And Body Paint by Yorobastard(m): 4:38pm On Aug 12, 2016
AlphaCentauri:
bro how edmonton ? you know i used to live in tottenham right ? and seven sisters. all that is my hood. and wood green. bruce grove

Seriously...big man thing...where you at now tho??
Re: In The 1930s, Igbo Men In Elaborate Hairstyles And Body Paint by AlphaCentauri: 4:38pm On Aug 12, 2016
somegirl1:

Let me indulge you a bit.
I don't have to debate further with you because you contradict yourself and you already know your comment is bull and that's why you started with excuses/ exceptions. If only a small selection of a group is great, how does that small selection make up for the deficiency of the majority?

The "Igbo girl is masculine " comeback is now stale. It is true that some Igbo girls may masculine but they are the exception not the rule.

P.S. Your rating, your business.
a small section of every tribe is great. most naija women lets face it dont look that good lol. they obese, with dog or horse brazillian hair on their head and big stomock and all look crazy. so that small portion that looks good applies all across the tribes. grin grin

by the way this applies to the men too so this is not a gender bashing thing . they all look crazy. lets just say naija is a place with not too many good looking people
Re: In The 1930s, Igbo Men In Elaborate Hairstyles And Body Paint by AlphaCentauri: 4:44pm On Aug 12, 2016
Yorobastard:

Seriously...big man thing...where you at now tho??
yes bruv, big man ting bruv. i am around that manchester area now. northwest england. or as they say ' gunchester ' lolzzzz cheesy

1 Like

Re: In The 1930s, Igbo Men In Elaborate Hairstyles And Body Paint by Malawian(m): 5:13pm On Aug 12, 2016
AlphaCentauri:
thats very honorable. however in 1929 we would not let our women fight in wars or riot. thats the job of the oduduwa men. we are warriors bro. women dont fight our battles
hold on, let me hit up my dahomey amazon side chic. grin grin grin na sare ile win am for you next.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In The 1930s, Igbo Men In Elaborate Hairstyles And Body Paint by uckennety(m): 5:27pm On Aug 12, 2016
funmijoyb:

like when u see ur brothers in Indonesia being executed on drug charges? lyk chinyere and nneka are migrating frm ur region for prostitution & establishing baby factories everywhere and selling young future igbo kids at abt 80000 to 500000 per ibo boy? lyk chukwudi is selling used cloths and substandard products while d rest of them are begging for alms?

YES!!!! Because d were raped by a civil war d didnt witness!u looted our money!gave us 20pounds to live wid yet!we still survive!

Note-igbos don't beg! We are not d hausa!
U av been ruling since 1970 so how far?

Pls God mk me an ibo man again but not a nigerian

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: In The 1930s, Igbo Men In Elaborate Hairstyles And Body Paint by whizcartel(m): 5:37pm On Aug 12, 2016
shinarambo1:
More pre independence photos of the igbo tribe.
What website can I see this historic pictures bro?
Re: In The 1930s, Igbo Men In Elaborate Hairstyles And Body Paint by Charmarlegne: 6:15pm On Aug 12, 2016
hopeforcharles:

Are u beefing them? Aren't they cute and hot?
yeah... They are hot like fufu
Re: In The 1930s, Igbo Men In Elaborate Hairstyles And Body Paint by Yorobastard(m): 7:14pm On Aug 12, 2016
AlphaCentauri:
yes bruv, big man ting bruv. i am around that manchester area now. northwest england. or as they say ' gunchester ' lolzzzz cheesy

Why Manchester man....how is it over there tho??
Re: In The 1930s, Igbo Men In Elaborate Hairstyles And Body Paint by Babalegba(m): 7:14pm On Aug 12, 2016
SharkTank:
cos its ancient. You must be the dullest NLer i've ever come across
Try to pay more attention at your English language classes. Your vocabulary is stunted. Primitive generally means uncivilized, primal,uncultured and unsophisticated, ancient on the other means extremely old.I'm sorry and I'm not a tribalist but the ibos were the least politically, culturally and military sophisticated tribe in Nigeria until the British came.Most ibo advances occurred after the British came.I'm sorry but that is the truth.

1 Like

Re: In The 1930s, Igbo Men In Elaborate Hairstyles And Body Paint by ItsMeAboki(m): 7:19pm On Aug 12, 2016
Igbo woman 1920 with permanent hairstyle arranged with clay, charcoal dust & palmoil

3 Likes

Re: In The 1930s, Igbo Men In Elaborate Hairstyles And Body Paint by ItsMeAboki(m): 7:26pm On Aug 12, 2016
Igbo Girl early century

Re: In The 1930s, Igbo Men In Elaborate Hairstyles And Body Paint by ItsMeAboki(m): 7:27pm On Aug 12, 2016
Igbo Chief wives

1 Like

Re: In The 1930s, Igbo Men In Elaborate Hairstyles And Body Paint by AlphaCentauri: 7:28pm On Aug 12, 2016
Yorobastard:

Why Manchester man ....how is it over there tho??
bro, slower pace of life. london is too hectic. its aiiittt. lots of pakistanis and indians.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Funny Pidgin Proverbs / Red Ibo In Jamaica: A Profile Of The Igbo People Of Jamaica / Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.