Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,460 members, 7,808,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:41 PM

Mini-ITX Gaming PC - Gaming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Mini-ITX Gaming PC (8684 Views)

Gaming Pc Vs PS4 Which Is Better / Gaming PC - What You Need To Know (WYNTK) / Do You Own Or Have You Built A GAMING PC: Please Share Your System Specification (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mini-ITX Gaming PC by bertoseve: 7:29am On Aug 24, 2016
Hi, guys , i guess there is no shame in asking? undecided how do one observe and know the FBS rating while playing games?
Re: Mini-ITX Gaming PC by AKBliv010(m): 7:43am On Aug 24, 2016
swagifted:
and here i am doing 30 sumtin fps max on 720p with settings at medium... The pain of an intel integrated graphics
You play Project Cars too?
Re: Mini-ITX Gaming PC by AKBliv010(m): 7:44am On Aug 24, 2016
bertoseve:
Hi, guys , i guess there is no shame in asking? undecided how do one observe and know the FBS rating while playing games?
Download and install FRAPS, it'll measure and display your framerate.
Re: Mini-ITX Gaming PC by bertoseve: 7:48am On Aug 24, 2016
Thanks Bro, i'll do that
AKBliv010:

Download and install FRAPS, it'll measure and display your framerate.
Re: Mini-ITX Gaming PC by swagifted(m): 11:23am On Aug 24, 2016
AKBliv010:
You play Project Cars too?
am talking nfs shift
Re: Mini-ITX Gaming PC by AKBliv010(m): 11:49am On Aug 24, 2016
swagifted:
am talking nfs shift
oh sorry mistoke you for someone else...oh I see...you should get a budget pc with a 750TI it won't let you down.
Re: Mini-ITX Gaming PC by AKBliv010(m): 6:17pm On Aug 24, 2016
swagifted:
and here i am doing 30 sumtin fps max on 720p with settings at medium... The pain of an intel integrated graphics
Dude, i only just realised I was playing at 2560x1080...when I plugged it in a 1920x1080 monitor (Full HD) it sat around 45FPS, still on Ultra...this little card is insane.. and to think it doesn't need an external power supply...I'm gobsmacked!
Re: Mini-ITX Gaming PC by swagifted(m): 7:01am On Aug 25, 2016
AKBliv010:
Dude, i only just realised I was playing at 2560x1080...when I plugged it in a 1920x1080 monitor (Full HD) it sat around 45FPS, still on Ultra...this little card is insane.. and to think it doesn't need an external power supply...I'm gobsmacked!
750ti is no joke... Even with its age.
Re: Mini-ITX Gaming PC by Toroze(m): 6:57pm On Aug 28, 2016
Babysho:
Nitori game.
Who ever said it was solely for gaming and I think its the owner or builders prerogative don't you think...if he wants to use it to type word document its up to him, don't you think and beside that rig he's building can be used for more than gaming you know

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mini-ITX Gaming PC by Toroze(m): 6:57pm On Aug 28, 2016
bertoseve:
I see,just like a laptop with really noisy fans, i know that feeling...at the threshold of an inspirational idea breakthrough, one needs absolute silence , which i prefer to describe as absolute peace
You get me man...
Re: Mini-ITX Gaming PC by Toroze(m): 7:01pm On Aug 28, 2016
Dude.... I was going to ask what you're up to but that's obvious build is looking crazy Bruv
Re: Mini-ITX Gaming PC by AKBliv010(m): 7:11pm On Aug 28, 2016
Toroze:
Dude.... I was going to ask what you're up to but that's obvious build is looking crazy Bruv
Thanks bro, it's taken the back seat for now till I finish this NL build. I'll come back to that later and post the finished product.
Re: Mini-ITX Gaming PC by Babysho(m): 8:29pm On Aug 28, 2016
Toroze:

Who ever said it was solely for gaming and I think its the owner or builders prerogative don't you think...if he wants to use it to type word document its up to him, don't you think and beside that rig he's building can be used for more than gaming you know

I'm very open minded so I totally understand; it's his money, he can do whatever he wants with it.
But I'm also a gamer, and I'm pretty sure that as of now-2016, there's only 1 or 2 games that require such a resilient system spec. I believe he took it too far.

The money spent can be used for more than gaming you know?

I might be wrong, you can mention me and throw some more light on your views.
Re: Mini-ITX Gaming PC by Toroze(m): 8:43pm On Aug 28, 2016
delete post
Re: Mini-ITX Gaming PC by Toroze(m): 8:46pm On Aug 28, 2016
Babysho:

I'm very open minded so I totally understand; it's his money, he can do whatever he wants with it.
But I'm also a gamer, and I'm pretty sure that as of now-2016, there's only 1 or 2 games that require such a resilient system spec. I believe he took it too far.

The money spent can be used for more than gaming you know?

I might be wrong, you can mention me and throw some more light on your views.
Like I said earlier its his prerogative yes but if you have the money and its your passion I don't see any reason not to and truth be told there are very few 2016 games that won't run on that rig..I'm guessing.

1 Like

Re: Mini-ITX Gaming PC by Babysho(m): 9:07pm On Aug 28, 2016
Toroze:
Like I said earlier its his prerogative yes but if you have the money and its your passion I don't see any reason not to and truth be told there are very few 2016 games that won't run on that rig..I'm guessing.

True. It all floats up to "It is his money, he can do whatever he wants with it"....

The reason why I made that first comment is like you almost described "because I don't have as much passion for gaming as he does". I can go to the extreme for 'Pringles' whereas the o.p might not.
wink
Re: Mini-ITX Gaming PC by AKBliv010(m): 9:28pm On Aug 28, 2016
Babysho:

True. It all floats up to "It is his money, he can do whatever he wants with it"....

The reason why I made that first comment is like you almost described "because I don't have as much passion for gaming as he does". I can go to the extreme for 'Pringles' whereas the o.p might not.
wink

There were several factors that made me build this

1. i7 CPU - speeds up my Uni work running when Solidworks, Xilinx for FPGA synthesis, Video editing and being on the latest socket will last me for many years. Although I had the i7-4790K before it was more cost efficient to get the new chip and spend less on the motherboard when downscaling from an ATX build to Mini-ITX. A motherboard for the unlocked i7 CPU I owned before cost around 50% more than the latest. The price I sold my i7-4790K covered 86% of the cost of the i7-6700K.

2. GTX1070 - I pay my electricity bills and my whole system now uses 204W max during gaming sessions. Non-gaming 68W compared to 600W gaming/ 132W non-gaming of my previous build. The GPU also speeds up rendering Solidworks 3D objects and video editing much faster using Nvidia's CUDA cores compared with AMD's using OpenCL.

3. I enjoy customising..there's only one of it's kind in the whole world.

4. Desk Space... the small form factor uses less space and is extremely silent.

5. I sell old parts to buy newer parts, saves me money. I've reused most of the parts I already own.

6. This build is future proof for gaming we are already seeing PC gaming requirements slowly creeping up and DX12/Vulkan API's using up to 8 cores when compared to DX11 that uses a maximum of 2 CPU cores. I don't plan to upgrade for a few years, the missus has put a ban on upgrades.

4 Likes

Re: Mini-ITX Gaming PC by Toroze(m): 2:55am On Aug 29, 2016
Babysho:

wink
Ah, my apologies then....far be it from me to question another person's passion for something especially gaming.
Re: Mini-ITX Gaming PC by Toroze(m): 2:57am On Aug 29, 2016
AKBliv010:

1. i7 CPU - speeds up my Uni work running when Solidworks, Xilinx for FPGA synthesis, Video editing and being on the latest socket will last me for many years. Although I had the i7-4790K before it was more cost efficient to get the new chip and spend less on the motherboard when downscaling from an ATX build to Mini-ITX. A motherboard for the unlocked i7 CPU I owned before cost around 50% more than the latest. The price I sold my i7-4790K covered 86% of the cost of the i7-6700K.

2. GTX1070 - I pay my electricity bills and my whole system now uses 204W max during gaming sessions. Non-gaming 68W compared to 600W gaming/ 132W non-gaming of my previous build. The GPU also speeds up rendering Solidworks 3D objects and video editing much faster using Nvidia's CUDA cores compared with AMD's using OpenCL.

5. I sell old parts to buy newer parts, saves me money. I've reused most of the parts I already own.

6. This build is future proof for gaming we are already seeing PC gaming requirements slowly creeping up and DX12/Vulkan API's using up to 8 cores when compared to DX11 that uses a maximum of 2 CPU cores. I don't plan to upgrade for a few years, the missus has put a ban on upgrades.

The missus bit got me laughing bruv...for real she did that.....??
Re: Mini-ITX Gaming PC by heavenstorm: 4:40am On Aug 29, 2016
AKBliv010:

bro am terribly happy to watch the evolution that transmogrify your gaming nomenclative frequency which i eternally dab to....abeg for my own old ogbunigwe which is just a rickety q9650 can i use the 750ti and wont it overclog it? where do i get the most affordable 750ti cos have been dreaming for long to lay my hands on 1!!!!
pls answer asap!!! fenks
Re: Mini-ITX Gaming PC by AKBliv010(m): 7:15am On Aug 29, 2016
heavenstorm:

bro am terribly happy to watch the evolution that transmogrify your gaming nomenclative frequency which i eternally dab to....abeg for my own old ogbunigwe which is just a rickety q9650 can i use the 750ti and wont it overclog it? where do i get the most affordable 750ti cos have been dreaming for long to lay my hands on 1!!!!
pls answer asap!!! fenks

I didn't realise my words could be 'dabbed' to grin

The 750Ti won't bottleneck the Q9650. It's still one of the strongest quad cores of its time and with the right motherboard, you can overclock to get more juice out of it. I've used a Q6600 and Q8400 before. What's the rating of your power supply? Does your motherboard have the PCIe slot. What's form factor is your case? If you are unsure, take a picture and post.

I've got a 750Ti for sale in excellent working conditon but that will set you back #46k.
Re: Mini-ITX Gaming PC by AKBliv010(m): 7:24am On Aug 29, 2016
Toroze:
The missus bit got me laughing bruv...for real she did that.....??
Ommo I don't joke with what she says o! For peace, I have to comply. I can sell a part if it covers the cost of the newer component that's the agreement and a man is only as good as his word! I have to stick with it.
Re: Mini-ITX Gaming PC by Babysho(m): 2:14pm On Aug 29, 2016
AKBliv010:

Okay
Re: Mini-ITX Gaming PC by Toroze(m): 7:49pm On Aug 29, 2016
AKBliv010:

Ommo I don't joke with what she says o! For peace, I have to comply. I can sell a part if it covers the cost of the newer component that's the agreement and a man is only as good as his word! I have to stick with it.

True that.... its all good
Re: Mini-ITX Gaming PC by RX480(m): 12:41pm On Sep 01, 2016
AKBliv010:

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (DX 11) scales well across 16 cores/threads! shocked

Re: Mini-ITX Gaming PC by AKBliv010(m): 12:49pm On Sep 01, 2016
RX480:

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (DX 11) scales well across 16 cores/threads! shocked

[s]Bro you are looking at 1280 x720.. try higher resolutions[/s]

Actually let me look at this on my PC...why is the i3 doing so good?

Where's the comparison to DX12?
Re: Mini-ITX Gaming PC by Nihilist: 1:13pm On Sep 01, 2016
I like it.
How much for the full build in Naira?
Re: Mini-ITX Gaming PC by AKBliv010(m): 1:16pm On Sep 01, 2016
Nihilist:
I like it.
How much for the full build in Naira?

In the region of #200K+ excluding shipping cost. ALL IN PC+Monitor+Keyboard&Mouse..parts are subject to availability but alternatives will be discussed.
Re: Mini-ITX Gaming PC by Nihilist: 1:25pm On Sep 01, 2016
AKBliv010:

In the region of #200K+ excluding shipping cost. ALL IN PC+Monitor+Keyboard&Mouse..parts are subject to availability but alternatives will be discussed.

Sounds pretty cheap. I like it a lot.
Re: Mini-ITX Gaming PC by RX480(m): 2:00pm On Sep 01, 2016
AKBliv010:

[s]Bro you are looking at 1280 x720.. try higher resolutions[/s]

Actually let me look at this on my PC...why is the i3 doing so good?

Where's the comparison to DX12?

the game seems quite cpu intensive, probably why the i3 is maxed.

has DX 12 support been released yet? I heard it may take a few weeks.
Re: Mini-ITX Gaming PC by AKBliv010(m): 2:12pm On Sep 01, 2016
Nihilist:

Sounds pretty cheap. I like it a lot.

It's competitively priced considering the performance/price ratio.
Re: Mini-ITX Gaming PC by AKBliv010(m): 2:19pm On Sep 01, 2016
RX480:

the game seems quite cpu intensive, probably why the i3 is maxed.

has DX 12 support been released yet? I heard it may take a few weeks.

oh sorry, the bars are CPU usage! missed that info.

Yea, we'll have to see how this game is optimized in DX12.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Favorite Game Of All Time? / Video Gamers Shine Your Eyes This Season From Scammers And Dubious Sellers / Defending On Fifa 12 using the Tactical defence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.