Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,678 members, 7,801,956 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:54 AM

SSS Seizes Sunday Karim Passport, Blocks Him From Travelling To US - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SSS Seizes Sunday Karim Passport, Blocks Him From Travelling To US (27156 Views)

EFCC: We Stopped Sunday Karim From Traveling Abroad Over Arms Scandal / Nobody Stopped Me From Travelling Abroad - Gov Bello / You Can’t Stop Me From Travelling Abroad - Fayose Dares Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

SSS Seizes Sunday Karim Passport, Blocks Him From Travelling To US by Titilayodeji13(m): 11:07pm On Aug 11, 2016
[right]Sunday Karim, a member of the House of Representatives from Kogi State, is currently being prevented by the State Security Service from boarding a flight at Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja, the lawmaker has told PREMIUM TIMES.

Mr. Karim, representing Yagba East and West Federal Constituency, says he was on his way to the United States when state agents suddenly seized his passport as he tried to clear immigration.

The lawmaker said he was scheuled to travel by Air France, and that the flight was already boarding when he was blocked.
Mr. Karim, a PDP lawmaker, said his luggage had already been checked in before the incident, adding that he has “absolutely no prior notice” that the SSS was on his trail.
It is not immediately clear why Mr. Karim is being detained, but law enforcement agencies have recently focused on the activities of lawmakers in the wake of the budget padding scandal.

The police, SSS, EFCC and other agencies have been invited to investigate the scandal, which involved several lawmakers, including the Speaker of the House, Yakubu Dogara.

The House also faced embarrassment recently after a petition by the U.S. Ambassador to Nigeria, James Entwistle, to Mr. Dogara accusing some lawmakers of sex allegations petition, was leaked to the media.
The SSS could not be reached for comments because it does not have any spokesperson that interracts with the press.

Mr. Karim said he has been told that it was the EFCC that requested the SSS to prevent him from travelling out of the country, and strongly condemned the development.

“EFCC said I cannot travel. Nigeria has become such a lawless country? If you have issues, you would call me and get a statement from me.
“I find it difficult to believe that we’re still under a democratic government.
“They have seized my passport and I am going back to my house now,” Mr. Karim said.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/208477-breaking-sss-blocks-lawmaker-from-travelling-confiscates-his-passport.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: SSS Seizes Sunday Karim Passport, Blocks Him From Travelling To US by HungerBAD: 11:08pm On Aug 11, 2016
He must be a PADDER.

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SSS Seizes Sunday Karim Passport, Blocks Him From Travelling To US by madridguy(m): 11:09pm On Aug 11, 2016
Always running to the US/UK for no reason.

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: SSS Seizes Sunday Karim Passport, Blocks Him From Travelling To US by Titilayodeji13(m): 11:10pm On Aug 11, 2016
Looking

4 Likes

Re: SSS Seizes Sunday Karim Passport, Blocks Him From Travelling To US by TheFreeOne: 11:18pm On Aug 11, 2016
Daura Secret Service at work.

Seriously, what's their rationale for stopping him from traveling

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: SSS Seizes Sunday Karim Passport, Blocks Him From Travelling To US by Businessideas: 11:37pm On Aug 11, 2016
War Against Indisisi has started grin grin
They have woken Baba up,I figured people like Professor Soyinka would have told him that he should not do sme-sme with all these small boys

3 Likes

Re: SSS Seizes Sunday Karim Passport, Blocks Him From Travelling To US by gunuvi(m): 11:47pm On Aug 11, 2016
Completely wrong in a democratic government. Shame!!!!!

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: SSS Seizes Sunday Karim Passport, Blocks Him From Travelling To US by Nobody: 11:49pm On Aug 11, 2016
He is PDP that's why

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: SSS Seizes Sunday Karim Passport, Blocks Him From Travelling To US by teeboila(m): 11:52pm On Aug 11, 2016
stop from travelling for what?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: SSS Seizes Sunday Karim Passport, Blocks Him From Travelling To US by OlujobaSamuel: 11:53pm On Aug 11, 2016
wetin you wan go do der sef?
can a soldier or civil servant commot for duty post without informing his employer, abeg go tell your constituents where you wan waka go.
I think we should make a law that requires every political office holder to inform their respective constituents whenever they are leaving the shores of this nation for any reason.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: SSS Seizes Sunday Karim Passport, Blocks Him From Travelling To US by a2personal2013: 11:53pm On Aug 11, 2016
I983 loading........ which way naija grin grin grin

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: SSS Seizes Sunday Karim Passport, Blocks Him From Travelling To US by TheFreeOne: 11:59pm On Aug 11, 2016
gunuvi:
Completely wrong in a democratic government. Shame!!!!!

It's no longer democratic but autocratic government.

Thanks to Buboo & co.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: SSS Seizes Sunday Karim Passport, Blocks Him From Travelling To US by nrexzy: 12:19am On Aug 12, 2016
What's is his purpose of travelling

2 Likes

Re: SSS Seizes Sunday Karim Passport, Blocks Him From Travelling To US by Nobody: 12:30am On Aug 12, 2016
The government is restricting movement of opposition politicians

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: SSS Seizes Sunday Karim Passport, Blocks Him From Travelling To US by Nobody: 1:35am On Aug 12, 2016
Anyway his luggages would have arrived CDG - Charles De Guille by now.

In fact boarding for New York flight would have commenced.

2 Likes

Re: SSS Seizes Sunday Karim Passport, Blocks Him From Travelling To US by GMBuhari: 1:49am On Aug 12, 2016
hehehehe
Re: SSS Seizes Sunday Karim Passport, Blocks Him From Travelling To US by MisterGrace: 3:16am On Aug 12, 2016
Politics... But why is travelling in the first place?

2 Likes

Re: SSS Seizes Sunday Karim Passport, Blocks Him From Travelling To US by RZArecta(m): 3:26am On Aug 12, 2016
Baba Cassandra flexing his muscles against opposition politicians now cheesy

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: SSS Seizes Sunday Karim Passport, Blocks Him From Travelling To US by Nusaf: 5:31am On Aug 12, 2016
TheFreeOne:

And what makes u think u must be informed?

7 Likes

Re: SSS Seizes Sunday Karim Passport, Blocks Him From Travelling To US by Nusaf: 5:34am On Aug 12, 2016
nrexzy:
What's is his purpose of travelling
Don't mind him. He explained how he was not aware that he was being trailed and some details of his journey but nothing about the purpose of the journey.

13 Likes

Re: SSS Seizes Sunday Karim Passport, Blocks Him From Travelling To US by dahunsy(f): 6:14am On Aug 12, 2016
Coughs*** clear throat# he kws what he has done or about to do ...mtcheeew no be politicians undecided dem lie pass devil their master

3 Likes

Re: SSS Seizes Sunday Karim Passport, Blocks Him From Travelling To US by shuggah(m): 6:52am On Aug 12, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:
wetin you wan go do der sef?
can a soldier or civil servant commot for duty post without informing his employer, abeg go tell your constituents where you wan waka go.
I think we should make a law that requires every political office holder to inform their respective constituents whenever they are leaving the shores of this nation for any reason.
a civil servant can travel on weekend or on public holidays as he desires and a soldier can leave the barrack without telling anyone as far as he is nt given a task, so because buhari is in power everything is accepted?

3 Likes

Re: SSS Seizes Sunday Karim Passport, Blocks Him From Travelling To US by OlujobaSamuel: 7:05am On Aug 12, 2016
shuggah:

a civil servant can travel on weekend or on public holidays as he desires and a soldier can leave the barrack without telling anyone as far as he is nt given a task, so because buhari is in power everything is accepted?
abeg what are you trying to say? wetin I write, wetin you dey talk?
so because chamber no open you don assume he is on leave? no wonder we get clowns as leaders.

4 Likes

Re: SSS Seizes Sunday Karim Passport, Blocks Him From Travelling To US by Nobody: 7:10am On Aug 12, 2016
TheFreeOne:

I think the best thing to do is to wait for the DSS statement before you start jumping into conclusion.

3 Likes

Re: SSS Seizes Sunday Karim Passport, Blocks Him From Travelling To US by shuggah(m): 7:12am On Aug 12, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:
abeg what are you trying to say? wetin I write, wetin you dey talk?
so because chamber no open you don assume he is on leave? no wonder we get clowns as leaders.
ogbeni he has freedom of movement as far as it doesn't affect his duties.

4 Likes

Re: SSS Seizes Sunday Karim Passport, Blocks Him From Travelling To US by Chigold101(m): 7:28am On Aug 12, 2016
madridguy:
at least he wants to go to USA live not like Aisha Buhari‘s photoshoped USA visit.

Kill all PDPs. Thats only what this government is after

2 Likes

Re: SSS Seizes Sunday Karim Passport, Blocks Him From Travelling To US by vedaxcool(m): 7:31am On Aug 12, 2016
We will need further clarification to determine what happened, funny this guy spend their jumbo salary all by themselves QUIETLY but immediately they see the cops they bring it to OUR ATTENTION!

4 Likes

Re: SSS Seizes Sunday Karim Passport, Blocks Him From Travelling To US by madridguy(m): 7:32am On Aug 12, 2016
You mean Hajia Aisha US trip pictures are photoshop?

Chigold101:
at least he wants to go to USA live not like Aisha Buhari‘s photoshoped USA visit.

Kill all PDPs. Thats only what this government is after

2 Likes

Re: SSS Seizes Sunday Karim Passport, Blocks Him From Travelling To US by Nobody: 8:00am On Aug 12, 2016
Nusaf:

Don't mind him. He explained how he was not aware that he was being trailed and some details of his journey but nothing about the purpose of the journey.

Does he owe you an explanation for travelling?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: SSS Seizes Sunday Karim Passport, Blocks Him From Travelling To US by Nusaf: 8:10am On Aug 12, 2016
gboss4sure:

Does he owe you an explanation for travelling?
He is a member of the House of Rep and as such he does.
Re: SSS Seizes Sunday Karim Passport, Blocks Him From Travelling To US by Mcowubaba: 8:11am On Aug 12, 2016
madridguy:
The have reasons naaa...
To hide their loot and live in peace

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Crowd Troop Benin Airport For Buhari / Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon / FFK: I Told Nnamdi Kanu How Buhari Told Me He Hates Igbo People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.